Group 2 - Story Thread

load previous
Jul 5, 2022 6:05 am
Seeing the futility of making a stand while all of her remaining companions have run away or refuse to fight, Askiena lowers her bow and runs to distance herself from the impossibly powerful undead.
OOC:
Attempting to use Run as her fast action and then Flee as her slow action, which will have her moving in the direction of camp. Success on her Run move means she is back to Short range and has no penalty to her Flee attempt. Two successes on the Flee attempt. Akiena is withdrawing from the combat and returning to camp to get her horse and her belongings.
Last edited July 5, 2022 6:08 am

Rolls

Agility 4 - (4d6)

(4362) = 15

Move 1 - (1d6)

(1) = 1

Agility 4 - (4d6)

(3613) = 13

Move 1 - (1d6)

(6) = 6

Jul 6, 2022 12:43 am
OOC:
@RageRed you only need a single success on the Move roll for a successful flee. At a table, I would have told you that so I'm ignoring the push. Just realized this was for the running in the dark. You're good.
As the phantoms fade from her mind, Askiena creates distance between herself and the Death Knight before turning and running in the direction of camp.
OOC:
Death Knight is Long from the rest of you and there's no mention of Darkvision for the Death Knight. So I'll let the dice decide if he can find you with a Scouting roll

Rolls

DK Scouting Roll - (5d6)

(44162) = 17

Jul 6, 2022 12:58 am
The Death Knight stomps past the last remaining embers of Daela's torch as he runs back towards where he last saw flesh. It stumbles in the darkness and knocks its shoulder into a tree. It releases a pained hiss as it scans for any signs of movement.
OOC:
He uses his fast and slow actions to close the distance and is now at Near to Doraval and Aurae, Mawk kept running so even though he was long as well, he was really long. I'll say he's at Short now.

Daela's torch has now gone out. @C1NDER Doraval is up! Probably want to try and heal someone!
Jul 6, 2022 1:00 am
OOC:
Oh, Move rolls for the DK running. DK takes 1 point of Str damage

Rolls

DK Darkness Run - (3d6)

(625) = 13

DK Darkness Run - (3d6)

(135) = 9

Jul 6, 2022 4:18 am
OOC:
Not near my book atm. Looks like I'm near to Aurae. I want to go to her and heal her. Is that a scouting roll to find her, then a wits empathy roll to heal?

EDIT: in the interest of not slowing pace, I'll go with the above - if I need to augment/change anything please let me know.
Doraval look around in the darkness. Wasn't Aurae close to him? He looks for her. "Aurae," he whispers, hands splayed out in front of himself, searching.
OOC:
pushing to scout
He finds Aurae after a few moments, then begins to comfort her. "It's okay, it's okay. We need that sword of yours, dear Aurae. Please, defeat this creature.
OOC:
pushing empathy
Last edited July 7, 2022 3:23 am

Rolls

Wits - (5d6)

(25145) = 17

Scouting - (1d6)

(4) = 4

Wits (push) - (4d6)

(6241) = 13

Scouting (push) - (1d6)

(4) = 4

Empathy - (2d6)

(22) = 4

Empathy (push) - (2d6)

(46) = 10

Jul 7, 2022 7:38 am
OOC:
Just for clarification. I have these willpower points, I can cast magic, but because I do not have the material compinents for the spell, I cannot cast it, right?
Last edited July 7, 2022 7:38 am
Jul 7, 2022 12:47 pm
OOC:
You can cast without components — you just won’t get the free power level!
Jul 10, 2022 6:16 pm
OOC:
Okay, sorry again for my lack of responding. For healing, it does not specify that you have to be at Arm's Length to do so. Just that you can't have an enemy at Arm's Length. I think for physical healing, it makes sense that you would need to be at Arm's Length, but for performance I think Near is sufficient.

Ignore the scouting roll results unless you really want to be at Arm's Length to Aurae. If so, that will be two wits Damage on the pushed roll.

Aurae regains one Wits and is no longer Broken, but does continue to suffer the effects of the critical injury.

Aurae is up!
Jul 11, 2022 1:13 am
OOC:
If I don't have to be at arm's length, I'd sooner not do the scouting roll and/or move.

Next round I'll plan on having Doraval use magic to get us some light.
Last edited July 11, 2022 1:17 am

KCC

Jul 11, 2022 3:09 am
In the darkness, Aurae hears her name being whispered. The calmness stills the rapid beating of her heart and she shakes back to her senses.

"Doraval, your friend is beyond us now." she says it loud enough to draw attention. She doesn’t try to hide. She handles her weapons with more determination now.

"Go on now, slinger! The wolf will lead you out. Keep up with that goblin and you’ll find safety soon enough! Go, quickly now!"

Turning in the direction of the rattling noise, Aurae prepares to buy the others some time to escape under cover of darkness.
OOC:
Away from my book. Will take official actions later. Not sure what I’m capable of without the book!
Jul 11, 2022 6:21 am
OOC:
You're capable of abandoning your friends?

Not dead yet!

KCC

Jul 11, 2022 1:11 pm
OOC:
Moving away from the half elf and drawing the death knight! Also, taunting!
OOC:
Pushing taunt, for the heck of it.
Last edited July 11, 2022 1:12 pm

Rolls

Move - (2D6)

(33) = 6

Agility - (4D6)

(3516) = 15

Performance - (0D6)

(0) = 0

Empathy - (2D6)

(42) = 6

Empathy - (2D6)

(22) = 4

Jul 14, 2022 6:36 pm
Aurae slips away from the others trying to draw the Death Knight in her direction.
OOC:
Mawk? You're more or less out. Do you want to attempt to flee?
Jul 14, 2022 11:39 pm
Seeing a party member draw the death knight's attention, Mawk didn't want the gesture to be in vain and flees.
Jul 15, 2022 1:29 am
Doraval casts a spell over his body, his eyes turning silver in the darkness as all becomes visible to him. He then takes off after Mawkhauser.
OOC:
Burning 1 WP to cast True Sight (rolls below); there is no scaling based on power level that I can see. It just works for one round.

Rolls

WP - (1d6)

(2) = 2

Jul 19, 2022 10:45 pm
OOC:
Got a little confused with the turn order. Death Knight will act before Doraval. Rolling for the Death Knight Action...

Rolls

DK Monster Attack Type - (1d6)

(1) = 1

DK Movement in the Dark - (5d6)

(22152) = 12

Jul 19, 2022 10:59 pm
The Death Knight follows the sound of Aurae in the darkness. You hear a clang as a branch strikes its helmet. It groans angrily as it fails to find the elf.
OOC:
Death Knight takes one Str damage. Doraval casts his spell as a slow action. It would normally be another slow action for you to then flee, but I think we don't need to belabor this fight any longer.
With clear vision, Doraval chases after the goblin and escapes the fray. Eventually, Doraval and Mawkauser find their way back to camp confident that the Death Knight did not follow. Askiena's belongings are gone, but there is no other sign of her.
Jul 20, 2022 12:03 am
The goblin looks around the camp, then at Doraval. "It's just us then, is it? Us two alone? Oh, and you too, of course, Ken."
Last edited July 20, 2022 12:03 am
Jul 20, 2022 6:01 am
Doraval stops once he's back at camp, the adrenaline running thin. He hears Mawkauser's question and looks around in disbelief. Where is Askiena? he thinks, growing more worried and paranoid as he looks and finds her belongings missing. "It looks so," he answers finally, reality setting in, "Yes." Doraval stumbles to a nearby fallen tree and sits down. 'Daela' he thinks, shuddering at the memory. He places his face into his hands and hides the grief welling in his eyes.
Jul 22, 2022 11:20 pm
Mawk puts a hand on Doraval's shoulder. "No time for grief. We must get back to some kind of civilization for safety. There we can mourn the losses. Let's continue following the river, and not touch any burial sites along the way. Come." Mawk climbs on Ken and they begin following the river to town.
OOC:
I'm going to bow out as well. Having just two people won't be sustainable I think. Hope Group 1 is faring better!
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.