[Game Thread] Chapter 1 - Market Day (CLOSED)

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Jun 13, 2022 4:48 am
OOC:
hell, Yes!
Mr. Bigfoot's ears perk up. He smells something good. while inside his heart, he wants to jump right in, but he knows when to behave. Not forget to rub his ear to a human leg once. He walks slowly inside the back door.
Jun 13, 2022 5:19 am
Upstairs, Rasputin creeps cautiously down the hall towards the bed chamber.
Jun 13, 2022 12:08 pm
Hearing the door, Middie rushes downstairs giving the cutest mew he can manage. He goes to start circling the humans' legs, but then sees Mr. Bigfoot. He crouches down, startled, and flattens his ears. I just can't handle this today. Hissing, he backs up and runs over to a cat tree to perch, fur still poofed way up.
Last edited June 13, 2022 12:09 pm
Jun 14, 2022 1:09 am
"Wait, I just want to be friends!" Apple Tart is much more interested in the masked thief than any treats she can imagine, and runs after the raccoon, trying to catch up and maybe impress them with her speed. The kitten is completely oblivious to the fact that she is leaving Rasputin behind, and doesn't even notice Midnight leaving to go downstairs - her focus is fully on the intruder.
OOC:
Any rolls needed to catch up with the raccoon? Here is Grace just in case!

Rolls

Grace: 0 - Basic - (2d6+0)

(66) = 12

Jun 14, 2022 3:24 pm
As Rasputin creeps cautiously down the hall, Apple Tart bounds past him, mewing loudly. Before Rasputin can decide how to react, the kitten is through the door to Jim and Jane's room and out of sight.

In the room, Apple Tart sees the raccoon. It is on Jim and Jane's bed. Now that Apple Tart can see it up close, it seems to have little chunks of some white material here and there its fur. Before it notices Apple Tart, it shakes its body, sending some of the white bits flying as well as raising a cloud of white powder that was apparently also in its fur. Then it sees the kitten and freezes - all except for its nose that seems to be twitching furiously, taking in the smells of the house.
OOC:
If Apple Tart wants to try to make friends, he can make an Attitude roll, but it will be at disadvantage.
Downstairs, Jim trots quickly over to Middie. "No, no, Middie. Bigfoot is visiting." Jim leans down and attempts to scoop up Middie.
OOC:
Middie can let Jim scoop him up, or he can make a Grace roll to avoid it.
Mr. Bigfoot can smell the chicken stronger than ever now, but he can also smell something else - an animal, but not a cat. And animal that doesn't belong in a human house.
Jun 14, 2022 4:07 pm
Middie will stand still and let himself be picked up. Eyes locked on Mr. Bigfoot, he hisses one last time before settling into Jim's arms, twitching his tail back and forth.
Jun 14, 2022 7:20 pm
Rasputin enters the bedroom, carefully watching Apple Tart to be certain that the intruder doesn't hurt her. He leaps up onto the bed and asks the raccoon, "Who are you and what do you want?"
Jun 15, 2022 4:24 am
Paximilian says:
Middie will stand still and let himself be picked up. Eyes locked on Mr. Bigfoot, he hisses one last time before settling into Jim's arms, twitching his tail back and forth.
"Hey old lady, This is no time to be some stingy cat. You got an intruder upstair in ur house and IN MY TERRITORY. Common just tell ur human!!"

Mr. Bigfoot will run to the front of the stairs and snarl upstairs to let Jim know there is something upstair. make himself back and tail up
OOC:
incase attitude role is need

Rolls

Attitude - (2d6-1)

(34) - 1 = 6

Jun 15, 2022 10:36 pm
Apple sneezes at the white powder and tilts her head inquisitively. "What is this? Is it chalk? Is it something magical? Are you a raccoon wizard?!" Her eyes grow wider with every new theory, and she steps closer to the raccoon. "Maybe you need help? We can help! Rasputin is super clever, he can even read human language, and I am fast! And can draw."
Last edited June 15, 2022 10:37 pm

Rolls

Attitude: +2 - Disadvantage - (3d6l2+2)

(615) + 2 = 8

Jun 16, 2022 2:21 am
Mr. Bigfoot runs to the stairs to hiss and make a show, but the stairwell is empty. Smells like cats just went up the stairs though - probably Rasputin and Apple Tart.

Bigfoot! What are you doing?" Jim shouts, clearly confused and seemingly oblivious to the intruder upstairs. It's amazing that humans stay alive as long as they do.

Upstairs, the racoon is looking franticly from Rasputin to Apple Tart. He seems like maybe he's trying to listen to Apple Tart, but he looks confused.

"Not speak cat good." the racoon chitters. He's not wrong, it's genuinely hard to understand him. "Was hide. Floor break. Fell." The racoon's ears twitch when Mr. Bigfoot hisses downstairs. Then he crouches, like he's ready to leap and run again - or maybe fight, it's hard to tell.
Jun 16, 2022 7:51 am
Apple Tart is delighted by the raccoon's receptiveness to her friendliness and gets even closer, sniffing at him with curiosity. "So you were just hiding? From what?" She glances over her shoulder at the door, hearing the commotions downstairs as well, her ears twitching. "Don't worry, the humans here are very friendly, they won't hurt you! But if you want to leave, you probably won't be able to do it from this floor, since they keep windows locked - trust me, I tried."

Apple pauses, then looks at Rasputin. "Jim and Jane won't hurt him, right?.. Maybe we can help him leave!"
Last edited June 16, 2022 7:52 am
Jun 16, 2022 3:37 pm
"I don't think that our humans would hurt him, but they might be afraid of him. We'll have to sneak him out," Rasputin decides.
Last edited June 16, 2022 3:37 pm
Jun 17, 2022 2:40 am
"Come after me Jim!"

Mr. Bigfoot say something that looks like cat meow to Jim. Then run upstairs to where he think the intruder is.
Jun 18, 2022 3:33 am
The racoon cocks his head at Rasputin, clearly trying his best to understand the cat-speak, though also clearly not getting all of it. He does pick up the important bits though.

"Sneak. Out. Yes," he says. Then all three of you (Apple Tart, Rasputin, and racoon) hear movement on the steps. First cat feet. Then human feet.

"Where are you going, Bigfoot?" Jim call out as he starts up the stairs. "There's no treats up there. The food's in the kitchen." He's still carrying Middie as he ascends the stairs.
OOC:
I've got a busy weekend, so don't be alarmed if you don't see any GM Cat Herder posts until Monday.
Jun 18, 2022 5:36 am
Apple Tart perks up upon hearing a familiar name and bounces towards the door, sticking her head out into the hallway to see what is going on. "Mister Bigfoot! Hi!" She calls out enthusiastically when she sees the older cat running up the stairs. "Are you here as a guest? Did you meet Midnight? Hey, can you imagine, there is a raccoon in the house! He said that he was hiding here, and now we are going to sneak him out!"

Needless to say, if humans could understand cat language, then their plan of sneaking out would've been instantly ruined. As it is, she just announces it to two other cats and all Jim hears is a lot of excited, high-pitched meowing.
Last edited June 18, 2022 5:37 am
Jun 20, 2022 7:12 pm
Middie, regaining his composure some being held by Jim, decides to return to his standard demeanor. "Engaging with riff raff across the full spectrum today. Goodie. You're all distracting the humans from bringing us chicken. Maybe we go to the kitchen and Apple brings the raccoon outside. We get chicken, the garbage thief gets outside, and Apple Tart gets to play with her new...friend."
Jun 21, 2022 4:16 am
FlyingSucculent says:
Apple Tart perks up upon hearing a familiar name and bounces towards the door, sticking her head out into the hallway to see what is going on. "Mister Bigfoot! Hi!" She calls out enthusiastically when she sees the older cat running up the stairs. "Are you here as a guest? Did you meet Midnight? Hey, can you imagine, there is a raccoon in the house! He said that he was hiding here, and now we are going to sneak him out!"

Needless to say, if humans could understand cat language, then their plan of sneaking out would've been instantly ruined. As it is, she just announces it to two other cats and all Jim hears is a lot of excited, high-pitched meowing.
"Hi, Apple tart. Yeah, I met him. Jim invi.... No!! I mean get THAT RACCOON back here. Nobody get in my territory without my consent. He has to at least bring me mice or a small bird or small lizard as condolence FIRST!!!!"

Damn I hate this girl, always mess with my head

Mr. Bigfoot yell back while running toward the door to get that raccoon
Last edited June 21, 2022 10:20 pm
Jun 21, 2022 8:51 pm
"Okay," Rasputin tells the raccoon, "Here's how we're going to get you out: Apple Tart will distract the humans and keep them busy while I lead you out through the kitchen."
Jun 24, 2022 2:09 am
The racoon listens to Rasputin and nods, seeming to calm down somewhat. Then Apple Tart starts shouting, followed by Mr. Bigfoot shouting. The racoon tenses up, his eyes darting about, and then he leaps off the bed and starts bolting back down the hallway.

At this point, Jim has reached the top of the stairs. He clearly seems flustered by all the cat howling and hissing, and then he finally sees the racoon. "Oh my god!" he shouts. "Bigfoot! No! He could be rabid. Oh god. JAAAANNE!"
OOC:
The racoon is making a run for it, attempting to just run past all the cats, and past Jim. Your guess is that he's probably headed for the stairs. None of you are quite sure what is going to happen when the racoon reaches Jim.

Jim's grip on Middie has loosened in his confusion and panic. It would not be too hard to jump out of his arms. A Grace roll with Advantage would be sufficient.

Trying to physically stop the racoon would be a Strength roll. Trying to talk to him (and have any effect on him) is an Attitude roll with Disadvantage.

Other clever ideas are welcome, obviously.
Jun 24, 2022 3:38 am
"No, wait, don't hurt him, he is friendly!" It is unclear whether he is supposed to be the raccoon, Mr. Bigfoot or Jim, as Apple dashes after the striped-tailed intruder while simultaneously trying to talk to everyone present - whether they understand her or not. "Mr. Raccoon, please wait, don't scare our humans, they won't attack you! Jim, he is harmless! Mr. Bigfoot, he was already leaving, he isn't trying to steal anythi-- Eek!" The last yelp is a result of Apple Tart accidentally tripping over her paws, and sliding on the floor with the force of inertia - straight at Jim's feet.
Last edited June 24, 2022 3:40 am

Rolls

Attitude: +2 - Disadvantage - (3d6l2+2)

(121) + 2 = 4

load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.