[Game Thread] Chapter 1 - Market Day (CLOSED)

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Jun 24, 2022 1:20 pm
"Mr. Bigfoot never say AFRAID!!"

he yells out like that even though it has the word afraid in it. And of course, try to paw the raccoon not to make severe wound but more like put him into stun to stop him.
Last edited June 24, 2022 1:21 pm

Rolls

Strength - (2d6+1)

(61) + 1 = 8

Jun 24, 2022 1:26 pm
Middle squirms and jumps out of Jim's arms, trying to put himself between the raccoon and Bigfoot. "Let it go. The more you play with the garbage creature, the longer it takes until we get chicken. Just be glad you're getting some, considering you're an intruder, too."
Last edited June 24, 2022 1:27 pm

Rolls

Grace - (3d6H2-1)

(644) - 1 = 9

Jun 24, 2022 4:18 pm
Well, so much for careful planning, Rasputin thinks. "Keep going for the door!" he calls out to the raccoon.

Edit: Oops. Messed up the roll, so the result would be a 5.
Last edited June 24, 2022 4:19 pm

Rolls

Attitude - (3d6|2-1)

(156) + 1 = 13

Jun 30, 2022 2:36 am
Everything happens at once.

Apple Tart and Rasputin both try to talk to the fleeing racoon, but it mostly comes across as yelling. To Jim, it comes across as yowling and hissing, which seems to send him into a bit of a panic.

Mr. Bigfoot gives the racoon a solid thump, causing him to tumble. It keeps him from dashing off, but unfortunately sends him sliding through Jim's legs. Middie manages to jump free of Jim's arms and land between Mr. Bigfoot and the now slightly stunned racoon, but in the chaos, Jim stumbles backwards. He falls through one of the doorways in the hall, landing on his back.

"What the...?" Jim says, somewhat dazed. "Why is there a hole in the ceiling?"

For a moment, the chaos takes a pause. The racoon is coming to its senses. Jim is on his back, apparently looking at the ceiling in the side room.

What do you do?
OOC:
Sorry for being away briefly. Busy days.
Jun 30, 2022 3:33 am
"Go!" Rasputin hisses to the raccoon.
Jun 30, 2022 7:54 am
Paximilian says:
Middle squirms and jumps out of Jim's arms, trying to put himself between the raccoon and Bigfoot. "Let it go. The more you play with the garbage creature, the longer it takes until we get chicken. Just be glad you're getting some, considering you're an intruder, too."
"GET OFF Middie! huh? what is he looking at"

Mr. Bigfoot Hiss at Middie but then saw Jim lookup the ceiling. So he follows the trail by looking up to where Jim looked.
Jun 30, 2022 12:12 pm
Middle returns the hiss, holding his position, but keeps his eyes on Bigfoot. I'm not falling for that trick. He thinks to himself, as his tail and fur go right back to full poof.
Jul 1, 2022 1:02 am
Apple Tart winces as she gathers herself off the floor and tries to recover her balance; she is a bit dizzy, and the general chaos around isn't helping, but the kitten is determined to protect her new acquaintance. "Run downstairs, raccoon friend!" She meows enthusiastically after hearing Rasputin's hiss, wanting to show moral support. "Just avoid the other human, and you will be fine!"

When she finally manages to stop her paws from tripping over themselves, Apple immediately darts past Middie and Bigfoot, to reach Jim. She practically jumps into the human's lap, trying to assure herself of his safety. "Mr. Jim, are you alright?!" She paws at the cafe owner's chest, concerned.
Last edited July 1, 2022 1:03 am
Jul 3, 2022 12:26 am
The racoon surveys the situation one more time, then darts down the stairs. Shortly thereafter, you all hear Jane's voice. "What ...!? Oh my! You need to get back outside, sir." The next thing you hear is the sound of racoon nails scrambling on the hardwood floors follows, followed by Jane's own footsteps. Then comes the faint but familiar sound of the rear screen door opening and closing. Unless your ears deceive you, the panicked visitor has made it back outside.

Meanwhile, Jim is still laying on his back, looking at the ceiling in his study. When you follow his gaze, you see a hole torn in the ceiling, straight through to the attic. Sheetrock debris is scattered around on the floor underneath. "I guess that's where our racon friend came in," Jim says. "Must be another hole into the attic from outside." Then he sighs. "We can't have a restaurant where wild animals can just come and go," he continues as he sits up. "I guess Market Day's over, fellas. I need to fix this ASAP."

At about that time, Jane arrives at the top of the stairs. "Everyone ok?" she asks, maybe to you, maybe to Jim, or maybe both. She surveys all the cats. "That was quite the adventure, huh?"

"I'm afraid it's not over yet," Jim replies. He points towards the hole in the ceiling. "I need to patch things up so this doesn't happen again. I think there's still enough daylight for me to run to the hardware store and at least get a board to nail up the outside hole temporarily."

From downstairs, another voice calls up. It's Apple Tart's owner. "Hey! You two okay up there? Need any help?" Then, before Jim and Jane can answer, he says. "Did you know your oven door's open? Did you move the chicken?"
OOC:
I'm going to do a hard scene change shortly, but there's still time for folks to do or say a few more things before we move on. I'm not going to be able to post for a few days, but when I get back, I'll respond to anything that needs a response, and then we'll move on to Scene 2.

Also, what's Apple Tart's owner's name?
Jul 3, 2022 1:25 am
When he heard 'Market day is over'. all he thought was Oh No, no treat anymore?

He made ear drop to look pitiful as much as possible and walk slowly around Jim's leg and look at his eyes with hope to get that chicken treat.

He meow to Jim's face but know to MIddie in cat language
"Come here Middie! we need to beg him or we will have no chicken anymore! This is temporary truce" @Paximilian
Jul 3, 2022 2:23 am
"Chicken?" Rasputin adds his distinctive voice to the chorus of cat calls. "I love chicken, it's my favorite, next to bacon!"
Jul 3, 2022 8:42 pm
Middie understands the urgency and chooses to ignore Mr. Bigfoot's presence for now in order to secure treats. He begins to circle Jan's feet, mewing in the way he knows she prefers. "Please, Jan? I'm sooo hungry."

Rolls

Attitude - (2d6+1)

(56) + 1 = 12

Jul 5, 2022 5:33 pm
Apple Tart meows in protest when Jim sits up and dislodges her from his chest, forcing the kitten to awkwardly jump off to the floor. She puffs out her tail in immediate response, a picture of a pouting fur cloud, and demostratively turns away. Although her thoughts very quickly turn back to the raccoon, and she bounces downstairs, around Jane and towards the kitchen, hoping to catch a last glimpse of the masked intruder. And also maybe to tell her owner all about the adventure she and the others just had!
OOC:
I didn't expect the owner to play a big part, so I didn't think about the name in advance. XD Hmm, how about Henry?
Last edited July 5, 2022 5:35 pm
Jul 8, 2022 3:11 am
With the racoon out of the house, the urgency subsides, but there is still a fair bit of chaos. There's a hole in the study ceiling that leads to another hole on the side of the house. Jim seems intent on fixing that immediately. There's a lot of conversation between the two of them and Henry that apparently ends with the decision that Jim and Henry will go to the hardware store to get some things to fix one or both of the holes. Jane will be staying behind with all of you.

But that's all small stuff. The really bad part is that someone stole the chicken! When you all came downstairs, you saw that the oven door was open. But there was no chicken inside. This lead to more discussion about how that could possibly be true. Jim insisted that the racoon must have taken it. Jane says she saw the racoon leave, and he had no chicken. The important part of the story, of course, is that there is no chicken. Jane offers all of you some tuna from a can, and that's pretty good as snacks go. But it's not that good-smelling chicken.

Jim and Henry drive off shortly thereafter, leaving all of you to finish your tuna while Jane cleans up around the kitchen.
It's been a while since the racoon incident. Jane cleaned up and then went up stairs to take a bath - one of the few times she insists on no cats in the room (humans are so weird). But that was a while ago. Jim and Henry have been gone a long time too. The sun is going down, and it was pretty bright out when all the excitement happened. Something doesn't seem quite right.

As you are each in your own thoughts about this, you all start to smell something. It smells like... chicken. Only not pleasant. And it's not that the smell is different - it smells just like chicken. But for some reason you feel repulsed by the smell, and you aren't sure why.
OOC:
Tell me where your cat is in the cafe/house, and tell me what you do when you notice this smell.
Jul 8, 2022 4:09 am
Rasputin is napping just outside the bathroom door. When he notices the smell, he rises and makes his way down to the kitchen.
Jul 8, 2022 10:49 am
OOC:
Oh ho, are we about to encounter a zombie chicken? Or a tentacle chicken?
Apple Tart is busy chasing her own tail on the first floor, rolling around and poking at it with her paw - and when she isn't playing, she follows after Mr. Bigfoot, fascinated by the stray's presence in the cafe and trying to get him to teach her how to fight. When the smell hits her, the kitten scrunches up her nose and tilts her head in confusion. "What is that? Mr. Bigfoot, do you smell it? Is this... chicken? But it's kinda weird..." She sneezes, her fur standing up all at once. "We should go and investigate! Middie, Rasputin, do you smell it too?!" Apple yells the last part as she runs towards wherever the smell is coming from.
Last edited July 8, 2022 10:50 am
Jul 8, 2022 1:59 pm
Mr. Bigfoot had been trying to hold back tears and pretend he was still strong the whole time since he know that chicken was gone.

He pretends to sulk at other cats blaming them ruin his happiest day. Until he smells the same thing when Apple Tart speaks

Now he kind of shift his mood to begin angry a bit now

"I put my 2 bird here. where ever that smell is, it will have whoever stole my chicken for sure"
Jul 9, 2022 12:33 am
After eating the tuna and cleaning himself throughly, Middie saunters off to find Jane and pout outside the bathroom, yowling occasionally. When he smells the chicken, he stops his caterwauling for a bit and sniffs. Ew. What did they do to the chicken? He scratches at the bathroom door. "Jane! Jaaaaaaane. Hey. JANE. Come out here! The chicken is back!"

You do not have permission to post in this thread.