2: Valley of Dead Unicorns

load previous
Sep 12, 2022 11:47 pm
Good idea Diana. Eric nods. He then puts his hand on his forehead to block the glare as he peers around looking for anything out of the ordinary.
OOC:
perception check simply because it's a +11

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+11)

(5) + 11 = 16

Sep 13, 2022 1:46 am
OOC:
I'll take that half hour of invisible scouting, thank you very much.

Invisible twins powers, activate!

Off to be stealthy.
Last edited September 13, 2022 1:48 am
Sep 13, 2022 2:08 am
Presto has started to sweat. It feels unfair, like the weather isn't hot enough to justify how damp he feels. He's kidding himself, of course. He knows this has nothing to do with the heat. Instead, it's just pure, human fear. He's seen how the others deal with these situations, and it's never with this gut-clenching fear. This has to be the last time they do this, right?

"Don't you think we ought to move up a little? I hate just sitting around like this."
Sep 13, 2022 2:11 am
"Yes, let's move under the cover of the canopy." Hank waved them forward into the forest, at least enough for them to be hidden from the line of sight of the tower.
Sep 13, 2022 6:37 pm
"Ready when you are, Diana." Sheila says with a smile and raises the hood of the cloak. She instantly fades and vanishes.
Sep 15, 2022 2:23 am
From air and land, the invisible women approached the tower.

In the middle of the road just before it passed through the shield, Sheila saw a vague outline in the approximate shape of a humanoid standing around eight feet tall. Circling around, she saw three other ripples in the air at the other compass points of the tower. Whatever they were, Sheila knew they must have a natural form of invisibility, one which even her enhanced sight can't penetrate.
OOC:
Perception from both Diana and Sheila, and Arcana from Sheila for info on
[ +- ] the invisibles.
Sep 15, 2022 8:30 am
Sheila studies the invisible entities posted at the cardinal points outside the tower.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+13)

(4) + 13 = 17

Arcana - (1d20+17)

(7) + 17 = 24

Sep 16, 2022 4:00 am
Sheila didn't see any other sentinels, and she believed these to be
[ +- ] Invisible Stalkers!
Sep 16, 2022 9:08 pm
Sheila, armed with her new intel, backtracks to where the others are in waiting and informs them of her find. "I cannot be absolutely certain, but these invisible guards posted around the tower seem to fit invisible stalkers." She tells them.
Sep 16, 2022 9:12 pm
OOC:
Sorry for my delayedness. Been busy. Diana returns as well. Carry on, and I'll post more this weekend..
Sep 17, 2022 6:18 pm
"Made of air? How do we kill them? Besides aim Presto at them?"
Sep 19, 2022 6:00 am
Presto mentally winces. It's never as easy as they think it is. The damage wrought at the fortress took a lot out of him. He's by no means finished, but there would be some mental fog to contend with.

"The same way we kill anything else, really. If it moves around on its own, it can be killed, even if it's made of air, enchanted by magic, or summoned from another place entirely. There are rules to this sort of thing." Presto shrugs.

"My main concern is how to get past them. They can definitely be killed, but they probably won't be easy to kill. And it seems too easy to have a few entrances to the tower guarded and have that be the only obstacle. It's never that simple. I have ways to get myself around, but I'm not used to passengers. Diana and Sheila move around pretty well on their own. Bobby, Hank, and Eric, do you know if you can get above, below, through, or around them without having to fight? I might be able to take one person, but it would be a risk."
Sep 19, 2022 3:53 pm
"If Uni or Warm Blood were here they could carry me through."
OOC:
I wasted an ASI on Mounted Combatant. 🤪
Wait a sec..." Bobby rummages in his pack. "I have this Bottled Breath. If I breathe it in you could stuff me in a Bag of Holding. Theoretically."
Sep 19, 2022 5:12 pm
Presto clears his throat, not making eye contact with Bobby. "That's pretty much what I was thinking, yeah." He pulls his hat off and stuffs his arm inside down to his shoulder as a demonstration, then pulls it out and puts the hat back on his head.

"I was going to say you could just hold your breath, but I like your idea, too."

He stares off into space, thinking for a moment. "I suppose I could also turn someone into a bird or something for a little while. That could be simple enough. So I guess I can take myself and one other person as well as turning someone into a bird."
Last edited September 19, 2022 5:14 pm
Sep 19, 2022 5:29 pm
OOC:
Not wasted, Jabes. Just not this fight. Uni looks like she'll need some beefing up to last longer on the front lines. ;)
Sep 20, 2022 12:24 am
"To sneak us past them?" Hank scratched his chin. "I can summon a creature to hopefully distract them, though that doesn't make us better at sneaking. Or I can try to charm one of them. I have the magic to make a door if we don't want to use the obvious ones. Otherwise it'll be good ol' sneaking for me."
OOC:
Hank can summon a couatl as distraction, or fly someone over. He can shoot to charm. And we can use Nolzur's Pigments to make a door whichever location we want once we get close to the exterior wall. Anything else is fighty fighty!
Sep 20, 2022 1:22 am
Hmm, Eric ponders. No, no I don't think I have anything that can help. He pauses then adds Wait, I can cast control weather to possibly distract or mask our presence. Only problem is such a drastic change in the weather will almost certainly let them know someone is here.
OOC:
I've got astral projection as well, but that would just show them we are here
Sep 20, 2022 2:09 am
OOC:
If Hank can fly over somehow, I can pop Bobby into the bag and then turn Eric into a bird. Presto can also fly himself over, at least as long as the distance isn't too far. It might be useful to skip that entire encounter.
Sep 20, 2022 4:06 am
OOC:
Don't forget...
The tower sat in a clearing as shimmering blue energy pulsed around it, no doubt a defensive shield.
Sep 20, 2022 5:12 am
OOC:
Does that shield extend all the way out to the invisible stalkers? Was there any way to push through the shield? If it goes all the way to the ground, then even if we fought the stalkers, there's no guarantee we'd be able to get in.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.