Out Of Character (OOC Chat)

load previous
Sep 25, 2022 1:08 am
I’ve been playing an artificer for just over a year now. So much fun
Sep 25, 2022 1:47 am
MelodyMeradin says:
Hey yall. Going to be your resident Artificer here...and that's most of what I know. I'll be molding them over the next day or so.
Welcome to the game.
Sep 25, 2022 7:02 pm
@GeneCortess What subclass are you going to go for your ranger half when you get there? Trying to decide on my own subclass and not sure how many pet adjacents we'd want to fill the field with.
Sep 25, 2022 8:07 pm
You know that I did think a bit about it and really haven't taken the time to decide fully. I originally thought perhaps even a Beastmaster but really back off it. Ovak is much more scout'ish than going with beasts. But your right that will come to be an issue with level'ing. Well no pets for Ovak, so you can have all you want.

Ovak didn't go for animal handling. LOL. She has trouble with people and animals.. :(
Last edited September 25, 2022 8:10 pm
Sep 25, 2022 8:17 pm
GM. Questions about the two guilds really boils down to if I need help from them. Such as buying/selling options as well be better of course with a guild. Question of guild membership cost is really long term as that is a month away.

That would be why location of Guild Leatherworkers, Skinners, and Tanners is would be important. Adventure guild is rather far away I imagine.

Oh. By the way, Ovak does likes to skin stuff. She can make a living on it as well a bit of scavenging. :)
Last edited September 25, 2022 8:23 pm
Sep 25, 2022 8:47 pm
GeneCortess says:
GM. Questions about the two guilds really boils down to if I need help from them. Such as buying/selling options as well be better of course with a guild. Question of guild membership cost is really long term as that is a month away.

That would be why location of Guild Leatherworkers, Skinners, and Tanners is would be important. Adventure guild is rather far away I imagine.

Oh. By the way, Ovak does likes to skin stuff. She can make a living on it as well a bit of scavenging. :)
-"If I need help from them. Such as buying/selling options as well be better of course with a guild." This depends on how much of a role you want to play within your guild(s). The more involved you are on the guild's behalf the more benefits you have and more beholden to them you may become. If you choose to be more involved with your guild, in game let me know specifically what you want to do and we'll go from there.

-The method used to pay for Guild Membership fees will fall under Adventure Competency and we do not need to track this.
Sep 25, 2022 9:10 pm
Without really base start, it is hard to place the level of attention with the guilds. Best I can do right now was to say Ovak is a member. Unknown if there is a relationship to either guild and the "Scavenging" crew situation or if there would be space for such in the future. No idea really who/what is behind the making of the scavenging crews. Either way Ovak is good for doing scavenging. :)
Last edited September 25, 2022 9:12 pm
Sep 26, 2022 3:28 am
Okie, I’ve bumped Moisie to level 3. I went Kensei. Question though: can I start with the weapons I picked for her Kensei specialty? Melee is battleaxe, ranged is longbow. If not, I’ll start with a spear for now.
Sep 26, 2022 4:29 am
Nictorah says:
Okie, I’ve bumped Moisie to level 3. I went Kensei. Question though: can I start with the weapons I picked for her Kensei specialty? Melee is battleaxe, ranged is longbow. If not, I’ll start with a spear for now.
Yup you can start with them.
Sep 26, 2022 9:34 pm
Beauty! I think I’m good then
Sep 26, 2022 9:47 pm
Looking at the "House Agent" background (last thing I have to decide on before I just compile the info onto the sheet). Are the houses still.... around? Relevant?
Sep 26, 2022 10:28 pm
I'm not very familiar with the Eberron stuff, but I was looking at being a "House Agent" for House Lyrandar as well, seeing as how I'm a half-elf it would fit.
Last edited September 26, 2022 10:29 pm
Sep 27, 2022 12:26 am
MelodyMeradin says:
Looking at the "House Agent" background (last thing I have to decide on before I just compile the info onto the sheet). Are the houses still.... around? Relevant?
Are the houses still.... around? Relevant?
Can you please be more specific? Thanks
Sep 27, 2022 12:45 am
Some general information that might help. Though Outpost Salvation is on the border of Breland and Mournland there is a lightning rail that runs there. A lightning rail is a train powered by bound elementals. In this way freight and people can move pretty easily to and from Salvation.

In general when I run pre-written adventures I do alter them in ways to fit the PCs, to make lack luster things more interesting and remove things I would find objectable if I was a player.

This game will be somewhat sandboxy. You can go Salvage or choose other quests outside of this.

Remember if choose something about your PC now and you do not like it you can always change it later.
Sep 27, 2022 1:32 am
There is also a Player's Guide Oracle of War that you may download for free through a Google search. The most relevant is Part 3 Backgrounds and Patrons.
Sep 27, 2022 2:03 am
_Tripp__ says:
MelodyMeradin says:
Would using the House Agent background be alright and make sense. I wasn't sure if the houses were still entities after the war that was described in the opening blurb.
Sep 27, 2022 2:10 am
Ovak is completed and ready to scavenge.
[ +- ] Ovak
Edit: PROLOGUE, Outpost Salvation is Thread Locked so we can't introduce ourselves.
Last edited September 27, 2022 2:16 am
Sep 27, 2022 2:20 am
MelodyMeradin says:
_Tripp__ says:
MelodyMeradin says:
Would using the House Agent background be alright and make sense. I wasn't sure if the houses were still entities after the war that was described in the opening blurb.
Yup the Houses are powerful entities, very relevant.
Sep 27, 2022 2:26 am
GeneCortess says:
Ovak is completed and ready to scavenge.
[ +- ] Ovak
Edit: PROLOGUE, Outpost Salvation is Thread Locked so we can't introduce ourselves.
I locked the thread and will unlock it when ready. Time frame is about a week or two depending on when everyone that is invited finishes their PC or if I end up recruiting a few more players.
Sep 27, 2022 2:28 am
Cool GM. :) ... Need any adjustments/clarifications or anything on the character. Let me know as I'm not planning on changing anything now.
Last edited September 27, 2022 2:30 am
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.