Out Of Character (OOC Chat)

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jul 24, 2022 5:20 am
Out Of Character (OOC Chat)
Sep 22, 2022 7:14 pm
Character Generation: I see level 3 for creation. What is the excepted means of generation of Stats? Assume background, class and trinket for starting inventory? How are you doing the hit points?

Gotta build up my scavenger... :)

Thinking a Half-Orc, Ranger/Rogue combo. Rogue part is not with the guild
Last edited September 22, 2022 7:24 pm
Sep 22, 2022 10:41 pm
GeneCortess says:
Character Generation: I see level 3 for creation. What is the excepted means of generation of Stats? Assume background, class and trinket for starting inventory? How are you doing the hit points?

Gotta build up my scavenger... :)

Thinking a Half-Orc, Ranger/Rogue combo. Rogue part is not with the guild
Welcome to the game.

Stat generation is stated in the Character Creation thread "-Attributes: Standard Point Buy per D&D5e PHB" it's on pg. 13.

HP
Level 1: max + your Constitution modifier
Higher levels: the average listed + your Constitution modifier per PHB.
Sep 23, 2022 12:05 am
So much to read, I forgot that I had seen that Character Creation area. Gesh.

I'm thinking this Half-Orc is not from the normal Orc and such nations. The character among the many that have spread among the five nations. Probably form either Breeland or Thrane. I guess Zilargo or Darguun is possible. Do you have any preference there?
Last edited September 23, 2022 12:09 am
Sep 23, 2022 1:37 am
Ovak the Scavenger

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/d2/c8/7b/d2c87bd45725e07350e24c218c5f34ed.jpg
Sep 23, 2022 1:59 am
GeneCortess says:
So much to read, I forgot that I had seen that Character Creation area. Gesh.

I'm thinking this Half-Orc is not from the normal Orc and such nations. The character among the many that have spread among the five nations. Probably form either Breeland or Thrane. I guess Zilargo or Darguun is possible. Do you have any preference there?
I have no preference. You should have plenty of time to create your character and flesh out the background.
Sep 23, 2022 6:25 am
How would the background Guild Artisan (Leatherworkers, skinners, and tanners) work for my character Ovak in Eberron?
_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Guild Artisan: You are a member of an artisan's guild, skilled in a particular field and closely associated with other artisans. You are a well-established part of the mercantile world, freed by talent and wealth from the constraints of a feudal social order. You learned your skills as an apprentice to a master artisan, under the sponsorship of your guild, until you became a master in your own right.

Skill Proficiencies: Insight, Persuasion
Tool Proficiencies: One type of artisan's tools
Languages: One of your choice
Equipment: A set of artisan's tools (one of your choice), a letter of introduction from your guild, a set of traveler's clothes, and a pouch containing 15gp

Guild Merchant: Instead of an artisans' guild, you might belong to a guild of traders, caravan masters, or shopkeepers. You don't craft items yourself but earn a living by buying and selling the works of others (or the raw materials artisans need to practice their craft). Your guild might be a large merchant consortium (or family) with interests across the region. Perhaps you transported goods from one place to another, by ship, wagon, or caravan, or bought them from traveling traders and sold them in your own little shop. In some ways, the traveling merchant's life lends itself to adventure far more than the life of an artisan.

Rather than proficiency with artisan's tools, you might be proficient with navigator's tools or an additional language. And instead of artisan's tools, you can start with a mule and a cart.

Guild Business: Guilds are generally found in cities large enough to support several artisans practicing the same trade. However, your guild might instead be a loose network of artisans who each work in a different village within a larger realm. Work with your DM to determine the nature of your guild. You can select your guild business from the Guild Business table or roll randomly.

d20 Guild Business
1 Alchemists and apothecaries
2 Armorers, locksmiths, and finesmiths
3 Brewers, distillers, and vintners
4 Calligraphers, scribes, and scriveners
5 Carpenters, roofers, and plasterers
6 Cartographers, surveyors, and chart-makers
7 Cobblers and shoemakers
8 Cooks and bakers
9 Glassblowers and glaziers
10 Jewelers and gemcutters
11 Leatherworkers, skinners, and tanners
12 Masons and stonecutters
13 Painters, limners, and sign-makers
14 Potters and tile-makers
15 Shipwrights and sailmakers
16 Smiths and metal-forgers
17 Tinkers, pewterers, and casters
18 Wagon-makers and wheelwrights
19 Weavers and dyers
20 Woodcarvers, coopers, and bowyers

As a member of your guild, you know the skills needed to create finished items from raw materials (reflected in your proficiency with a certain kind of artisan's tools), as well as the principles of trade and good business practices. The question now is whether you abandon your trade for adventure, or take on the extra effort to weave adventuring and trade together.

Guild Membership: As an established and respected member of a guild, you can rely on certain benefits that membership provides. Your fellow guild members will provide you with lodging and food if necessary, and pay for your funeral if needed. In some cities and towns, a guildhall offers a central place to meet other members of your profession, which can be a good place to meet potential patrons, allies, or hirelings.

Guilds often wield tremendous political power. If you are accused of a crime, your guild will support you if a good case can be made for your innocence or the crime is justifiable. You can also gain access to powerful political figures through the guild, if you are a member in good standing. Such connections might require the donation of money or magic items to the guild's coffers.

You must pay dues of 5 gp per month to the guild. If you miss payments, you must make up back dues to remain in the guild's good graces.
Sep 23, 2022 5:37 pm
I think I'm going to be an Abberant Mind Sorceror. Race unknown atm, but maybe Half-elf.
Sep 23, 2022 5:37 pm
I think I'm going to be an Abberant Mind Sorceror. Race unknown atm, but maybe Half-elf.
Are all races allowed? Or just those in the source books listed? I was confused by the "conflicting" info on the page.
Last edited September 23, 2022 5:40 pm
Sep 23, 2022 7:59 pm
I'm sure Half-Elf is good.. :).. Doing the rare Half-Orc myself. Funny that you choose Abberant. Smiles. My ranger's favored enemy is aberrations. Your safe. You don't qualify. Woot.
Sep 23, 2022 9:59 pm
I kinda want to be a little crazy this time. :)
Sep 24, 2022 2:47 am
GeneCortess says:
How would the background Guild Artisan (Leatherworkers, skinners, and tanners) work for my character Ovak in Eberron?
_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Guild Artisan: You are a member of an artisan's guild, skilled in a particular field and closely associated with other artisans. You are a well-established part of the mercantile world, freed by talent and wealth from the constraints of a feudal social order. You learned your skills as an apprentice to a master artisan, under the sponsorship of your guild, until you became a master in your own right.

Skill Proficiencies: Insight, Persuasion
Tool Proficiencies: One type of artisan's tools
Languages: One of your choice
Equipment: A set of artisan's tools (one of your choice), a letter of introduction from your guild, a set of traveler's clothes, and a pouch containing 15gp

Guild Merchant: Instead of an artisans' guild, you might belong to a guild of traders, caravan masters, or shopkeepers. You don't craft items yourself but earn a living by buying and selling the works of others (or the raw materials artisans need to practice their craft). Your guild might be a large merchant consortium (or family) with interests across the region. Perhaps you transported goods from one place to another, by ship, wagon, or caravan, or bought them from traveling traders and sold them in your own little shop. In some ways, the traveling merchant's life lends itself to adventure far more than the life of an artisan.

Rather than proficiency with artisan's tools, you might be proficient with navigator's tools or an additional language. And instead of artisan's tools, you can start with a mule and a cart.

Guild Business: Guilds are generally found in cities large enough to support several artisans practicing the same trade. However, your guild might instead be a loose network of artisans who each work in a different village within a larger realm. Work with your DM to determine the nature of your guild. You can select your guild business from the Guild Business table or roll randomly.

d20 Guild Business
1 Alchemists and apothecaries
2 Armorers, locksmiths, and finesmiths
3 Brewers, distillers, and vintners
4 Calligraphers, scribes, and scriveners
5 Carpenters, roofers, and plasterers
6 Cartographers, surveyors, and chart-makers
7 Cobblers and shoemakers
8 Cooks and bakers
9 Glassblowers and glaziers
10 Jewelers and gemcutters
11 Leatherworkers, skinners, and tanners
12 Masons and stonecutters
13 Painters, limners, and sign-makers
14 Potters and tile-makers
15 Shipwrights and sailmakers
16 Smiths and metal-forgers
17 Tinkers, pewterers, and casters
18 Wagon-makers and wheelwrights
19 Weavers and dyers
20 Woodcarvers, coopers, and bowyers

As a member of your guild, you know the skills needed to create finished items from raw materials (reflected in your proficiency with a certain kind of artisan's tools), as well as the principles of trade and good business practices. The question now is whether you abandon your trade for adventure, or take on the extra effort to weave adventuring and trade together.

Guild Membership: As an established and respected member of a guild, you can rely on certain benefits that membership provides. Your fellow guild members will provide you with lodging and food if necessary, and pay for your funeral if needed. In some cities and towns, a guildhall offers a central place to meet other members of your profession, which can be a good place to meet potential patrons, allies, or hirelings.

Guilds often wield tremendous political power. If you are accused of a crime, your guild will support you if a good case can be made for your innocence or the crime is justifiable. You can also gain access to powerful political figures through the guild, if you are a member in good standing. Such connections might require the donation of money or magic items to the guild's coffers.

You must pay dues of 5 gp per month to the guild. If you miss payments, you must make up back dues to remain in the guild's good graces.
I think it would work out well. Eberron is very diverse. There are so many ways you can weave your background into nearly everything.
Sep 24, 2022 2:52 am
Just really need to know where any said Guild spot is reference to where we start. That is. Is there one in this place or is it x number days travel away in another place. I'm assuming that Ovak is paid up presently and has 30 days before the next payment of 5gp happens.

Not sure how much the Adventurer's guild next payment is. Ovak is a member of both those two guilds.
Sep 24, 2022 8:53 pm
I’ve submitted Moisie. Goblin Monk. Angry at life street rat. She’s at Level 1 right now, still deciding on monastic tradition…
Sep 24, 2022 11:26 pm
Nice Picture. Gives Moisie some vitamins to help her go to level 3.
Sep 24, 2022 11:29 pm
Hey yall. Going to be your resident Artificer here...and that's most of what I know. I'll be molding them over the next day or so.
Sep 25, 2022 12:48 am
GeneCortess says:
Just really need to know where any said Guild spot is reference to where we start. That is. Is there one in this place or is it x number days travel away in another place. I'm assuming that Ovak is paid up presently and has 30 days before the next payment of 5gp happens.

Not sure how much the Adventurer's guild next payment is. Ovak is a member of both those two guilds.
Is the reason for wanting to know how far away the guild(s) are is to determine if there is an issue with paying the 5gp fee? Or is there another reason(s)?
Sep 25, 2022 12:53 am
This is something I usually go over at the start of any games I run wether the game is in person, VTT or PBP.

When there is an in game outcome you are wanting to achieve start with the Direct Question that will provide the answer to the outcome. This saves a lot of time going back and forth with numerous Indirect Questions that eventually lead to the Direct Question with the anwser to the specific outcome you are seeking.

To help clarity here are some examples of Indirect Questions leading the Direct Question.

Example 1:
Indirect Questions:
-What time is it?
-Is it dark in here?
-What kinds of things are in the room?
-Does anything look new?
-What is the NPC doing?
-Does the NPC have their back turned to me?

The Direct Question: Is there anything valuable to steal from this NPC? <-- Start with this question.

Example Two:
Indirect Questions
-Are there large buildings around here?
-What color are the large buildings?
-Are they one story or two stories?
-Do the buildings have signs?
-How many have signs?
-What do these signs say?

Direct Question: Is there a place I can buy arrows? <-- Start with the this question.
Sep 25, 2022 1:08 am
I’ve been playing an artificer for just over a year now. So much fun
Sep 25, 2022 1:47 am
MelodyMeradin says:
Hey yall. Going to be your resident Artificer here...and that's most of what I know. I'll be molding them over the next day or so.
Welcome to the game.
Sep 25, 2022 7:02 pm
@GeneCortess What subclass are you going to go for your ranger half when you get there? Trying to decide on my own subclass and not sure how many pet adjacents we'd want to fill the field with.
Sep 25, 2022 8:07 pm
You know that I did think a bit about it and really haven't taken the time to decide fully. I originally thought perhaps even a Beastmaster but really back off it. Ovak is much more scout'ish than going with beasts. But your right that will come to be an issue with level'ing. Well no pets for Ovak, so you can have all you want.

Ovak didn't go for animal handling. LOL. She has trouble with people and animals.. :(
Last edited September 25, 2022 8:10 pm
Sep 25, 2022 8:17 pm
GM. Questions about the two guilds really boils down to if I need help from them. Such as buying/selling options as well be better of course with a guild. Question of guild membership cost is really long term as that is a month away.

That would be why location of Guild Leatherworkers, Skinners, and Tanners is would be important. Adventure guild is rather far away I imagine.

Oh. By the way, Ovak does likes to skin stuff. She can make a living on it as well a bit of scavenging. :)
Last edited September 25, 2022 8:23 pm
Sep 25, 2022 8:47 pm
GeneCortess says:
GM. Questions about the two guilds really boils down to if I need help from them. Such as buying/selling options as well be better of course with a guild. Question of guild membership cost is really long term as that is a month away.

That would be why location of Guild Leatherworkers, Skinners, and Tanners is would be important. Adventure guild is rather far away I imagine.

Oh. By the way, Ovak does likes to skin stuff. She can make a living on it as well a bit of scavenging. :)
-"If I need help from them. Such as buying/selling options as well be better of course with a guild." This depends on how much of a role you want to play within your guild(s). The more involved you are on the guild's behalf the more benefits you have and more beholden to them you may become. If you choose to be more involved with your guild, in game let me know specifically what you want to do and we'll go from there.

-The method used to pay for Guild Membership fees will fall under Adventure Competency and we do not need to track this.
Sep 25, 2022 9:10 pm
Without really base start, it is hard to place the level of attention with the guilds. Best I can do right now was to say Ovak is a member. Unknown if there is a relationship to either guild and the "Scavenging" crew situation or if there would be space for such in the future. No idea really who/what is behind the making of the scavenging crews. Either way Ovak is good for doing scavenging. :)
Last edited September 25, 2022 9:12 pm
Sep 26, 2022 3:28 am
Okie, I’ve bumped Moisie to level 3. I went Kensei. Question though: can I start with the weapons I picked for her Kensei specialty? Melee is battleaxe, ranged is longbow. If not, I’ll start with a spear for now.
Sep 26, 2022 4:29 am
Nictorah says:
Okie, I’ve bumped Moisie to level 3. I went Kensei. Question though: can I start with the weapons I picked for her Kensei specialty? Melee is battleaxe, ranged is longbow. If not, I’ll start with a spear for now.
Yup you can start with them.
Sep 26, 2022 9:34 pm
Beauty! I think I’m good then
Sep 26, 2022 9:47 pm
Looking at the "House Agent" background (last thing I have to decide on before I just compile the info onto the sheet). Are the houses still.... around? Relevant?
Sep 26, 2022 10:28 pm
I'm not very familiar with the Eberron stuff, but I was looking at being a "House Agent" for House Lyrandar as well, seeing as how I'm a half-elf it would fit.
Last edited September 26, 2022 10:29 pm
Sep 27, 2022 12:26 am
MelodyMeradin says:
Looking at the "House Agent" background (last thing I have to decide on before I just compile the info onto the sheet). Are the houses still.... around? Relevant?
Are the houses still.... around? Relevant?
Can you please be more specific? Thanks
Sep 27, 2022 12:45 am
Some general information that might help. Though Outpost Salvation is on the border of Breland and Mournland there is a lightning rail that runs there. A lightning rail is a train powered by bound elementals. In this way freight and people can move pretty easily to and from Salvation.

In general when I run pre-written adventures I do alter them in ways to fit the PCs, to make lack luster things more interesting and remove things I would find objectable if I was a player.

This game will be somewhat sandboxy. You can go Salvage or choose other quests outside of this.

Remember if choose something about your PC now and you do not like it you can always change it later.
Sep 27, 2022 1:32 am
There is also a Player's Guide Oracle of War that you may download for free through a Google search. The most relevant is Part 3 Backgrounds and Patrons.
Sep 27, 2022 2:03 am
_Tripp__ says:
MelodyMeradin says:
Would using the House Agent background be alright and make sense. I wasn't sure if the houses were still entities after the war that was described in the opening blurb.
Sep 27, 2022 2:10 am
Ovak is completed and ready to scavenge.
[ +- ] Ovak
Edit: PROLOGUE, Outpost Salvation is Thread Locked so we can't introduce ourselves.
Last edited September 27, 2022 2:16 am
Sep 27, 2022 2:20 am
MelodyMeradin says:
_Tripp__ says:
MelodyMeradin says:
Would using the House Agent background be alright and make sense. I wasn't sure if the houses were still entities after the war that was described in the opening blurb.
Yup the Houses are powerful entities, very relevant.
Sep 27, 2022 2:26 am
GeneCortess says:
Ovak is completed and ready to scavenge.
[ +- ] Ovak
Edit: PROLOGUE, Outpost Salvation is Thread Locked so we can't introduce ourselves.
I locked the thread and will unlock it when ready. Time frame is about a week or two depending on when everyone that is invited finishes their PC or if I end up recruiting a few more players.
Sep 27, 2022 2:28 am
Cool GM. :) ... Need any adjustments/clarifications or anything on the character. Let me know as I'm not planning on changing anything now.
Last edited September 27, 2022 2:30 am
Sep 28, 2022 11:54 pm
Hey all, just accepted my invite. Thank you DM!

Expect a character sheet from me tonight. I'm in British Columbia so it's about 5 pm as I write this.
Last edited September 28, 2022 11:54 pm
Sep 28, 2022 11:55 pm
I see we've got a ranger/rogue, sorcerer, monk, and artificer... it would probably pay to play a frontliner who's a little beefier, and I've played a ton of barbarians--maybe a psi warrior who trained under a kalashtar master in Sarlona? (I'm doing research, lolol)
Sep 29, 2022 12:23 am
Welcome Plum! Good to see you akorn!
Last edited September 29, 2022 12:24 am
Sep 29, 2022 1:21 am
I’m excited to join up!
Sep 29, 2022 1:25 am
Welcome to all of Players joining us. Please take some time to read the RPG Social Contract and Game Information Threads.

The Character Creation Thread should contain all of the information to create you character. You should have plenty of time to read the threads and create your PC.

We have not started any game posts yet. The first game thread is up, feel free to have a look at it. It is locked and I will unlock it on Monday October 3rd for posting.
Sep 29, 2022 2:30 am
Hi all! I am going to be playing Mordaky Amerald, Tiefling Fighter with a Big Sword and a dark secret, shhh! Ok fine I'll tell you, but you gotta keep it a secret, see my father was a drinker, and a fiend...wait wrong monologue. Well, either way, going to be delving into the Warlock powers granted to me by a mysterious force that helped me escape my debtors, though when it told me it would lead me to Salvation...I didn't know it meant literally :)
Sep 29, 2022 3:31 am
DM: I submitted my character sheet for approval (I think?)

Meanwhile I'll just repost my character concept from the application thread here:
https://i.imgur.com/8fo4UuP.jpg
Character Name: Gabrielle d'Orien, nee Blackwood
Race: Human, dragonmarked
Proposed Class: Swarmkeeper Ranger
Background: Noble
Alignment: CG

Description: Of average stature and slim, athletic build, Gabrielle's raven-black hair is usually tied back into a hasty ponytail or a braid. Her pale complexion is tanned by the sun, indicating a life spent outdoors, and her face bears scars from a years-old injury. Her posture is excellent and she carries herself upright like a trained dancer. Gabrielle favors clothing in earth tones or dark shades, usually with a modern but otherwise unremarkable cut. She speaks with a soft, breathy voice. On the inside of her forearm she bears the Mark of Passage, though she goes to great lengths to conceal it, usually wearing long sleeves, bracers or gloves.

Personality: Gabrielle is of the calm, deliberate sort. She finds rash action to be exasperating and at times stressful, and she is loath to act without a plan. In her childhood years Gabrielle was often described as cheerful and upbeat despite the forever war but as she reached adulthood her demeanor took on a more sombre aspect. Regardless, even if it does not always shine through, Gabrielle's innate optimism refuses to be extinguished completely.

Backstory (I'll keep it brief for now, can flesh it out later if so desired): Gabrielle is the middle of five children born to Lord & Lady Ir'Blackwood, a cadet branch of House Orien. Her childhood was about as normal as could be expected for someone of her social class who grew up in eastern Breland during the War. Like her sisters, Gabrielle was given a thorough grounding in what were considered the appropriate subjects. Politics, history, etiquette, the arts. From a young age Gabrielle in particular showed great promise in the art of dance, and formal ballet lessons from a demanding tutor soon occupied much of her already-limited free time.

When Gabrielle came of age her Dragonmark manifested and what had been a fairly ordinary noble upbringing mutated into a whirlwind of being presented at various social functions, meeting the Baron, and learning to harness the power of the Mark of Passage. Gabrielle took the House name d'Orien and the regimen of demanding lessons only increased from there. Whenever she was allowed a moment of leisure, Gabrielle would escape to the woods and the fields. She chafed under the regimented life that was more or less predetermined for her, and being out in nature gave her a sense of freedom and connection to the land. More often than not if she left the Blackwood Estate she would be accompanied (or tailed) by family retainers for safety's sake but even that was a welcome reprieve from the stifling world of dinner parties and political doubletalk.

On the Day of Mourning Gabrielle's father and two brothers were with Brelish armies and presumably perished in the cataclysm. The rest of House Blackwood, including Gabrielle's fiancé, were at the manor which was destroyed that day. Gabrielle herself only managed to escape by the power of her Dragonmark, a close brush with death, and she is not sure what fate befell her family. In the months after the cataclysm, Gabrielle wandered alone and aimlessly, using the power of the Mark and her afinity for nature to survive. Eventually she fell in with a group of scavengers which is how she ended up in Sanctuary.

Other secret details:
Plum sent a note to _Tripp__
Character goals:
Short term: Survive.
Medium term: Find out what happened to her fiancé.
Long term: Restore the Blackwood estate to its rightful place in society.
Sep 29, 2022 3:46 am
Plum says:
DM: I submitted my character sheet for approval (I think?)

Meanwhile I'll just repost my character concept from the application thread here:
https://i.imgur.com/8fo4UuP.jpg
Character Name: Gabrielle d'Orien, nee Blackwood
Race: Human, dragonmarked
Proposed Class: Swarmkeeper Ranger
Background: Noble
Alignment: CG

Description: Of average stature and slim, athletic build, Gabrielle's raven-black hair is usually tied back into a hasty ponytail or a braid. Her pale complexion is tanned by the sun, indicating a life spent outdoors, and her face bears scars from a years-old injury. Her posture is excellent and she carries herself upright like a trained dancer. Gabrielle favors clothing in earth tones or dark shades, usually with a modern but otherwise unremarkable cut. She speaks with a soft, breathy voice. On the inside of her forearm she bears the Mark of Passage, though she goes to great lengths to conceal it, usually wearing long sleeves, bracers or gloves.

Personality: Gabrielle is of the calm, deliberate sort. She finds rash action to be exasperating and at times stressful, and she is loath to act without a plan. In her childhood years Gabrielle was often described as cheerful and upbeat despite the forever war but as she reached adulthood her demeanor took on a more sombre aspect. Regardless, even if it does not always shine through, Gabrielle's innate optimism refuses to be extinguished completely.

Backstory (I'll keep it brief for now, can flesh it out later if so desired): Gabrielle is the middle of five children born to Lord & Lady Ir'Blackwood, a cadet branch of House Orien. Her childhood was about as normal as could be expected for someone of her social class who grew up in eastern Breland during the War. Like her sisters, Gabrielle was given a thorough grounding in what were considered the appropriate subjects. Politics, history, etiquette, the arts. From a young age Gabrielle in particular showed great promise in the art of dance, and formal ballet lessons from a demanding tutor soon occupied much of her already-limited free time.

When Gabrielle came of age her Dragonmark manifested and what had been a fairly ordinary noble upbringing mutated into a whirlwind of being presented at various social functions, meeting the Baron, and learning to harness the power of the Mark of Passage. Gabrielle took the House name d'Orien and the regimen of demanding lessons only increased from there. Whenever she was allowed a moment of leisure, Gabrielle would escape to the woods and the fields. She chafed under the regimented life that was more or less predetermined for her, and being out in nature gave her a sense of freedom and connection to the land. More often than not if she left the Blackwood Estate she would be accompanied (or tailed) by family retainers for safety's sake but even that was a welcome reprieve from the stifling world of dinner parties and political doubletalk.

On the Day of Mourning Gabrielle's father and two brothers were with Brelish armies and presumably perished in the cataclysm. The rest of House Blackwood, including Gabrielle's fiancé, were at the manor which was destroyed that day. Gabrielle herself only managed to escape by the power of her Dragonmark, a close brush with death, and she is not sure what fate befell her family. In the months after the cataclysm, Gabrielle wandered alone and aimlessly, using the power of the Mark and her afinity for nature to survive. Eventually she fell in with a group of scavengers which is how she ended up in Sanctuary.

Other secret details:
_Tripp__ sent a note to _Tripp__
Character goals:
Short term: Survive.
Medium term: Find out what happened to her fiancé.
Long term: Restore the Blackwood estate to its rightful place in society.
You successful submitted your PC. Approved.
Sep 29, 2022 11:11 am
I think I am all done with Mordaky's sheet as well, yay! :)
Sep 29, 2022 4:19 pm
gotta put the sheet together when I have a minute, but I'll be playing Thiago, a sailor from Cyre who was training with the kalashtar in Sarlona to become a psi warrior when the Mourning happened. (he probably thought he could've made a difference somewhere 😔)
Sep 29, 2022 6:50 pm
This could turn out to be a large game if everyone sticks around. Maxed out at 10 players...
Sep 29, 2022 7:07 pm
_Tripp__ says:
This could turn out to be a large game if everyone sticks around. Maxed out at 10 players...
Would you split into, and run, two groups? Or bring on a co dm? Or just have one big party?

Just curious :)

Fredo d'Nada

HeroAmongMen

Sep 29, 2022 7:23 pm
Fredo d'Nada
I just submitted Fredo d'Nada to the game. Let me know when he is accepted, or if there are tweaks you would like me to do before accepting.
Sep 29, 2022 8:08 pm
HeroAmongMen says:
Fredo d'Nada
[/quote]

Is that a reference to Freedon Nadd, from Star Wars?
Sep 29, 2022 8:36 pm
HeroAmongMen says:
Fredo d'Nada
Plum says:
A theory is formed!
Last edited September 29, 2022 8:37 pm
Sep 29, 2022 9:32 pm
A sheet has been submitted! I still need to enter in spells and I owe you the Steel defender sheet, but the rest is in place!

My limited Eberron knowledge means that the backstory is a little vague, but I'm happy to work on filling in gaps
Sep 29, 2022 9:56 pm
_Tripp__ says:
I don’t mind comin’ and goin’ too fwiw! I feel like the nature of the Oracle of War campaign (or at least how it was run in AL) kind of suits that stuff, or at least salvage ops do
Sep 29, 2022 10:25 pm
Madclergy says:
_Tripp__ says:
Would you split into, and run, two groups? Or bring on a co dm? Or just have one big party?

Just curious :)
We'll start as one big party, see how that goes and make adjustments from there. I have noticed that most of the time 2-4 players drop from games for whatever reason. With this in mind I always recruit 4 more players than my target number. In this case we have about 6 more. I'm okay with being wrong and more folks sticking around.

Also I'm only running this single game and not currently playing in other games. Due to this I can focus my attention solely on this one game. It is easy to overwhelm oneself in PBP games...
Sep 29, 2022 10:28 pm
I just went in and approved some more PCs. At this point if you submitted a PC they should be approved, if I missed anyone just let me know.
Sep 29, 2022 10:32 pm
(I'll do my best to do something similar to Plum once I'm not actively playing a different game. The short version is that her name's Kata and she's a tinker descended from House Cannith and part of house Vadalis.
Last edited September 29, 2022 10:34 pm
Sep 29, 2022 10:33 pm
MelodyMeradin says:
A sheet has been submitted! I still need to enter in spells and I owe you the Steel defender sheet, but the rest is in place!

My limited Eberron knowledge means that the backstory is a little vague, but I'm happy to work on filling in gaps
That is all okay. If you need or want to piece it together as we move along that is alright. I view PC creation in good faith and any issues are honest mistakes. Nothing wrong with an open backstory leaves room for growth.
Sep 30, 2022 12:13 am
Plum says:
HeroAmongMen says:
Fredo d'Nada
It is not. I’m not a huge Star Wars nerd, though I enjoy it.

It literally was a nod to the Spanish word nada, meaning "nothing". Since he is an excoriate, he lost his epithet, so he uses this. I figure it denotes him as an unnamed bastard, so to speak.
Last edited September 30, 2022 12:13 am
Sep 30, 2022 2:00 am
HeroAmongMen says:
Plum says:
HeroAmongMen says:
Fredo d'Nada
It is not. I’m not a huge Star Wars nerd, though I enjoy it.

It literally was a nod to the Spanish word nada, meaning "nothing". Since he is an excoriate, he lost his epithet, so he uses this. I figure it denotes him as an unnamed bastard, so to speak.
Okay, this was definitely my first thought.
Sep 30, 2022 3:42 am
I maybe just outed myself as an enormous star wars nerd. I may or may not have had a Han Solo poster in my high school locker hahaha
Sep 30, 2022 12:53 pm
Love me some Star Wars, though I would not consider myself a "nerd" in it, I just enjoy watching the movies and TV Series.

I also had the thought of Nada, specifically 'de nada' as I read the last name. My high school spanish class came flooding back lol
Oct 2, 2022 9:14 pm
Howdy all! I think I have Arias' character sheet completed, please let me know if I missed anything as this is really the first 5e game I've been involved in. :)
Oct 2, 2022 9:18 pm
Knighthawke says:
Howdy all! I think I have Arias' character sheet completed, please let me know if I missed anything as this is really the first 5e game I've been involved in. :)
Welcome to the game. If you have not already done so go ahead and submit your PC and I'll approve them so you'll be ready to go tomorrow.
Oct 2, 2022 10:48 pm
Welcome Knighthawk!
Oct 3, 2022 1:54 am
As this will likely start as a large game some things to keep in mind.

-Please be patient with one another, things may take a little longer than usual.
-There is an increased chance I miss something in your post at some point, and you'll miss something in mine let us try to not take it personal.
-Adding character specific content is going to take longer. Again please don't take it personal.

-I will likely transition to new game threads more often to keep things from getting to cluttered.

-Adjustments to creatures for combat will be made with the intention of keeping things challenging and more so to keep things running smoothly. This will mean groups of enemies will be treated as a Hoard that attacks as 1 creature.

When initiative is called for or your turn comes up you'll have about 24 hours (skipping weekends if you choose) to act or you'll go last or be skipped. After initiative is rolled I make one post with the initiative order before anyone takes an action. I will repost this when we start a new page etc... for convenience.

-If something doesn't work or things get to messy, not a big deal we will adapt and overcome...
Oct 3, 2022 2:37 am
Fredo's ready to burn this motha' down!
Oct 3, 2022 12:23 pm
Game Chat 1 is now unlocked, post away
Oct 3, 2022 2:11 pm
_Tripp__ says:
Knighthawke says:
Welcome to the game. If you have not already done so go ahead and submit your PC and I'll approve them so you'll be ready to go tomorrow.
Thank you for the invite. :) Arias should now be submitted.
Oct 3, 2022 5:29 pm
Big WOOT. It has started. :) And immediately abused the start.
Last edited October 3, 2022 5:30 pm
Oct 3, 2022 8:46 pm
Knighthawke says:
_Tripp__ says:
Knighthawke says:
Thank you for the invite. :) Arias should now be submitted.
Received & Approved
Oct 6, 2022 6:44 pm
Hey Tripp. I'm wondering with this many peeps if you are looking for us to split up and take different jobs? Or do you want us all to stay together on one job? Or you don't care?
Oct 6, 2022 7:15 pm
I should've joined the train and didn't. Unless someone wants to approach Kata, I can just comedically show up to the job (or one of the jobs if we head that direction)
Oct 6, 2022 7:33 pm
Non sense, come grab one of these drinks out of Mordaky's hands lol
Oct 6, 2022 10:17 pm
Madclergy says:
Non sense, come grab one of these drinks out of Mordaky's hands lol
Something parallel hopped into my brain when you said that, so
Oct 7, 2022 12:32 am
Having a tough time trying to keep up and all in flow. So if I seem a touch broken or missing something. Well. Now you know. Rather hard to see all that is happening at once for me. Winks. Probably just a personal problem here. LOL.
Oct 7, 2022 1:22 am
On splitting the party. Is okay if it is relatively brief and part of the groups overall strategy. This should also include a plan to meet back up with the group.

If the split is taking too long I'll let you know that you'll need to rejoin the group and I'll no longer respond to any separate posts related to the split.

If you want to know the reasons for this feel free to ask.
Oct 7, 2022 7:05 am
I rolled persuasion as asked, and got a nice natural 2. Oof. Auspicious beginnings!
Last edited October 7, 2022 7:06 am
Oct 8, 2022 12:19 am
Plum says:
I rolled persuasion as asked, and got a nice natural 2. Oof. Auspicious beginnings!
you get a weekly free reroll if you want to use it. I would as it will refresh on Sunday...
Oct 8, 2022 3:44 am
_Tripp__ says:
Plum says:
you get a weekly free reroll if you want to use it. I would as it will refresh on Sunday...
I rerolled my 2 and got... 2, lol https://gamersplane.com/forums/thread/26454/?p=1271226#p1271226

I feel like I'm being trolled by the gods of probability :(
Oct 14, 2022 7:22 pm
Okay I'm having trouble keeping everyone's PCs straight in my head and the character sheets are private so here's a summary. Can someone help me fill in the blanks/confirm the ones I've marked with question marks?

- Moisie: Goblin Monk
- Ovak: Half-orc ranger+rogue
- Mordaky: Tiefling fighter+warlock
- Kata: human(?) artificer
- Gabrielle: Human ranger
- Malbor: half-drow sorcerer
- Feslib: Goblin rogue(?)
- Fredo: Halfling alchemist artificer

Did I miss anyone?
Last edited October 14, 2022 8:57 pm
Oct 14, 2022 7:57 pm
Plum says:
Okay I'm having trouble keeping everyone's PCs straight in my head and the character sheets are private so here's a summary. Can someone help me fill in the blanks/confirm the ones I've marked with question marks?

- Moisie: Goblin Monk
- Ovak: Half-orc ranger+rogue
- Mordaky: Tiefling fighter+warlock
- Kata: human(?) artificer
- Gabrielle: Human ranger
- Malbor: half-elf(?) sorcerer
- Feslib: Goblin rogue(?)
- Fredo: Halfling artificer

Did I miss anyone?
You got it! Fredo is specifically an alchemist artificer.
Oct 14, 2022 8:04 pm
Malbor is a Half-elf (drow).
Oct 14, 2022 8:56 pm
Kata looks human yes. She's a Battle Smith, thus the hulking Vic.
Oct 14, 2022 8:56 pm
Ganesh says:
Malbor is a Half-elf (drow).
My bad.
Oct 15, 2022 12:03 am
What’s the DM’s feelings on pickpockets?
Oct 15, 2022 3:04 am
Nictorah says:
What’s the DM’s feelings on pickpockets?
I'm okay with it as long as it does not violate the RPG Social Contract.
Oct 17, 2022 4:34 am
Guys this bartender gives me a bad vibe.
Oct 17, 2022 4:47 am
Yep, too bad I balanced Gene’s nattie 20 with my own nat 1… Especially with a name like Stilts and wants to know everyone’s name…
Last edited October 17, 2022 4:58 am
Oct 18, 2022 4:47 am
@_Tripp__ can I assume that Aurion gave Gabrielle a key or told her which room is hers, or shall I wait for you to narrate it?
Oct 18, 2022 4:49 am
Plum says:
@_Tripp__ can I assume that Aurion gave Gabrielle a key or told her which room is hers, or shall I wait for you to narrate it?
Yes you can.
Oct 18, 2022 4:50 am
_Tripp__ says:
Plum says:
Yes you may assume this.
Oct 18, 2022 4:53 am
Oh I see we've moved on to the next thread. I'll just fast-forward rather than narrate. That guy still gives me the creeps.
Oct 18, 2022 5:01 am
I have locked Game Chat 3 until everyone is done in Game Chat 2.
Oct 22, 2022 6:09 am
Would any of us have heard the commotion from Malbor’s room?
Last edited October 22, 2022 6:10 am
Oct 22, 2022 4:23 pm
Oh.... the commotion has yet to begin! Just you wait.
Oct 22, 2022 9:01 pm
Looks like it just ended ....
Oct 22, 2022 9:14 pm
GeneCortess says:
Looks like it just ended ....
Yes and I would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for you meddling kids...
Oct 23, 2022 7:49 pm
Re: Plans. I'm good to head into the Mournland if yall are. We have a very expensive lead to follow after all.
Oct 24, 2022 1:00 am
I’m ready to go too
Oct 24, 2022 7:05 am
omg the dice hate me
Oct 26, 2022 7:28 am
No one really has a roguish nature right? Should I have Kata examine our entrance for traps?
Oct 27, 2022 4:36 am
Wow. Two more or so poison damage and Ovak would be making instant death saving throws. Ochie.
Oct 27, 2022 4:22 pm
Remind me again, do we need to act in order or just post when we can and it gets sorted?
Oct 27, 2022 7:22 pm
GeneCortess says:
Wow. Two more or so poison damage and Ovak would be making instant death saving throws. Ochie.
I know this feel
Oct 27, 2022 7:47 pm
Madclergy says:
Remind me again, do we need to act in order or just post when we can and it gets sorted?
You would need to act in initiative order when it is sorted. When it is "your turn" you'll have about day to post. If you don't post you get skipped so the game can continue to move along.

I will make a separate post in game chat when it is someone's turn, I'll also repost the initiative order when we move to a new page in the chat. This is to reduce confusion and ease of reference.

I have done this as post when available instead and it turned into a mess.

Feel free to discuss tactics plans etc.. here in the occ chat, it just helps keep from cluttering up the game chat...
Oct 27, 2022 8:36 pm
Understood, thanks for clarification.
Oct 28, 2022 2:50 am
Oh, a note for next time. Vic is Vigilant and cannot be surprised.
Oct 28, 2022 3:07 am
If there is something around that 60' area that Ovak is running to or just short of it that she can dive into and hide would be great. I will give you a Stealth roll in case she does see a spot to drop out site a moment so she can pop up and fire an arrow.

Rolls

Stealth - (1d20+4)

(5) + 4 = 9

Oct 28, 2022 5:11 am
(I rolled an 8 for initiative)
Oct 28, 2022 5:20 am
Plum says:
(I rolled an 8 for initiative)
got you added, thanks
Oct 30, 2022 2:50 am
Quote:
Bleeding Out: When reduced to 0 Hit Points you begin to bleed out. Only the medical or magical aid of a teammate or external effect can revive you by healing 1 or more HP.

Death: occurs if
• You are reduced to -10 HP
• If you are unconscious and bleeding out for 3 rounds of play
• You fail a save against Death
Does the line, "You are reduced to -10 HP", include on the attack that takes you down/past 0? So if I have 23 hitpoints and I get hit for 33 do I just, die?

Just curious. Thanks :)
Oct 30, 2022 3:06 am
Madclergy says:
Quote:
Bleeding Out: When reduced to 0 Hit Points you begin to bleed out. Only the medical or magical aid of a teammate or external effect can revive you by healing 1 or more HP.

Death: occurs if
• You are reduced to -10 HP
• If you are unconscious and bleeding out for 3 rounds of play
• You fail a save against Death
Does the line, "You are reduced to -10 HP", include on the attack that takes you down/past 0? So if I have 23 hitpoints and I get hit for 33 do I just, die?

Just curious. Thanks :)
Yup, that would be at -10. No problem :)

I see you have a second PC ready to go. It is good to plan ahead just in case... adventuring is dangerous work.
Oct 30, 2022 3:18 am
I hope its a healer. :)
Oct 31, 2022 5:14 pm
I don't think I am interested in continuing. Low time to kill plus monsters that swing for my entire health bar is not my bag personally.

Vic will continue swinging and attempting to protect those that are close.
Oct 31, 2022 5:40 pm
It definitely fits in the tone of the Mournland, we probably should have ran.
Oct 31, 2022 7:59 pm
MelodyMeradin says:
I don't think I am interested in continuing. Low time to kill plus monsters that swing for my entire health bar is not my bag personally.

Vic will continue swinging and attempting to protect those that are close.
Happy gaming to you and take care.
Nov 5, 2022 6:11 am
Nictorah, you'll want to resubmit your character. Trying to tap approve character instead of reject character does not leave much room for error on my phone...
Nov 5, 2022 6:13 am
Lol, no worries. Re-submitted
Nov 15, 2022 9:32 pm
Sorry to say but I'm going to drop out. The pace of this game is just a little too quick, and I'm starting grad school in a few months so it'll only get worse for me.

Sorry.
Nov 15, 2022 10:33 pm
For some reason __Tripp__'s games tend to be fast. Totally understandable.
Nov 15, 2022 11:27 pm
Sad to see you go Plum. Good playing with you!
Nov 16, 2022 3:21 am
Plum says:
Sorry to say but I'm going to drop out. The pace of this game is just a little too quick, and I'm starting grad school in a few months so it'll only get worse for me.

Sorry.
Good luck to you and best wishes.
Nov 19, 2022 2:41 am
Party Treasure: Was at 5gp.

How much gold did Ovak acquire for party treasure from the two dead people after putting them away and replacing both blankets and the rope and selling their stuff? Then there is current rooms and meals too. Ovak will gather the 5gp for party treasure that was from the new guy.

So after all that fun. LOL. How much is left in party treasure?
Last edited November 19, 2022 2:42 am
Nov 20, 2022 4:37 am
GeneCortess says:
Party Treasure: Was at 5gp.

How much gold did Ovak acquire for party treasure from the two dead people after putting them away and replacing both blankets and the rope and selling their stuff? Then there is current rooms and meals too. Ovak will gather the 5gp for party treasure that was from the new guy.

So after all that fun. LOL. How much is left in party treasure?
We'll say 15gp.
Nov 20, 2022 6:12 am
Sorry, after nearly a year and a half, my email decided Gamers Plane email were spam and I missed all the notifications…
Nov 20, 2022 5:19 pm
Nictorah says:
Sorry, after nearly a year and a half, my email decided Gamers Plane email were spam and I missed all the notifications…
No worries
Nov 23, 2022 4:14 am
Balls… are we fighting them? Negotiating? Leaving?
Nov 24, 2022 5:18 am
Happy Thanksgiving (if you celebrate it)

Do you want to break from posting tomorrow and through the weekend due to the holiday?
Nov 25, 2022 12:05 am
I'm guessing most folks are either travelling and/or busy.
Nov 25, 2022 1:17 am
Happy Thanksgiving! (It was a month and half ago here)
Nov 25, 2022 1:30 am
Always just a waiting.
Nov 26, 2022 2:46 am
I will probably not be posting tomorrow due to traveling and holiday stuff.
Nov 26, 2022 3:33 am
No worries. Have a great weekend!
Dec 2, 2022 9:40 pm
I don't like to do too much OOC for "meta-game planning" but I guess we'll need to decide immediately if we are going to attack these guys or just let them go and see if there is anything left.
I am willing to attack. The odds may be in our favor if they have used resources (spell slots, etc) before this whereas we are "fresh".
Dec 2, 2022 9:49 pm
Let them go. Already on the horses.
Dec 4, 2022 12:43 pm
I am with Ovak, let them go.
Dec 5, 2022 4:14 pm
Sorry, busy weekend. I’ll follow the group’s lead. Check out the warehouse?
Dec 5, 2022 4:51 pm
I am losing my motivation to continue this game. I am going to bow out.

Thanks for having me.
Dec 8, 2022 5:59 am
Such a balls roll…
Dec 8, 2022 1:18 pm
Nictorah says:
Such a balls roll…
you have your reroll if want to use it.
Dec 8, 2022 9:58 pm
Hey GM. Can you put in a sub where we can place description and such about our character that we can update? I was looking and really I didn't find anything. Easier now that there is only 4 of us.
Last edited December 8, 2022 9:59 pm
Dec 9, 2022 2:42 pm
GeneCortess says:
Hey GM. Can you put in a sub where we can place description and such about our character that we can update? I was looking and really I didn't find anything. Easier now that there is only 4 of us.
I'll add a thread titled "Player Characters OOC"
Dec 9, 2022 2:47 pm
GeneCortess says:
Is this what you had in mind for the PC thread? "This is for Players that choose to provide and update Player Character descriptions."

If not or want me to add something, just let me know.
Dec 9, 2022 3:16 pm
_Tripp__ says:
Nictorah says:
Such a balls roll…
you have your reroll if want to use it.
Saving it in case I need it against whatever is behind the door
Dec 21, 2022 5:09 am
I am ending the game at this point because I am tired of tending to it. Best wishes to you.
Dec 21, 2022 3:05 pm
Did we do something wrong? I feel dumped lol
Dec 21, 2022 7:13 pm
Sorry to hear that Tripp. Your games have been fun
Dec 22, 2022 3:01 am
No one did anything wrong. It is probably GM burnout. Running the game began to feel like a job and at that point it seemed like it was time for me to stop.

If anyone is interested I can make you GM so you can continue on without me if you like?
Dec 22, 2022 3:02 am
I am leaving this weekend for 2.5 weeks for vacation anyway. So not a big deal.
Dec 22, 2022 3:18 pm
I’ve never DM’ed before, but I’ve always wanted to try. This seems like a good group. If you wanted to watch me fumble around, I’d be down to resume in the new year.
Dec 22, 2022 7:31 pm
Happy to continue playing under new management :)
Dec 31, 2022 7:45 pm
Just checking in to see who is interested in continuing, I plan on making my first post tonight. It will continue in the warehouse
Jan 2, 2023 5:45 pm
I am still interested!
Jan 2, 2023 7:31 pm
It’s just Ganesh and you left. I was thinking of re-opening applications once you get back to Salvation, but I can run a 2 player as well.
Jan 2, 2023 8:24 pm
It's cool with me to open it back up when we get back :)
Jan 12, 2023 4:41 pm
Got back from Costa Rica last night.
We could continue on, but maybe you want to start up your own game from the start?
Jan 12, 2023 5:11 pm
I’m good with whichever. If you want to finish the warehouse, we can use this lore as a session 0
Jan 14, 2023 12:46 pm
I'd like to finish the warehouse, but then I am good moving to a different game if you'd rather a clean slate.
Jan 18, 2023 5:03 pm
Make your moves in the warehouse. I will get the other game set up tonight/tomorrow and send the invites once you get back to Salvation.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.