Out Of Character (OOC Chat)

load previous
Sep 28, 2022 11:54 pm
Hey all, just accepted my invite. Thank you DM!

Expect a character sheet from me tonight. I'm in British Columbia so it's about 5 pm as I write this.
Last edited September 28, 2022 11:54 pm
Sep 28, 2022 11:55 pm
I see we've got a ranger/rogue, sorcerer, monk, and artificer... it would probably pay to play a frontliner who's a little beefier, and I've played a ton of barbarians--maybe a psi warrior who trained under a kalashtar master in Sarlona? (I'm doing research, lolol)
Sep 29, 2022 12:23 am
Welcome Plum! Good to see you akorn!
Last edited September 29, 2022 12:24 am
Sep 29, 2022 1:21 am
I’m excited to join up!
Sep 29, 2022 1:25 am
Welcome to all of Players joining us. Please take some time to read the RPG Social Contract and Game Information Threads.

The Character Creation Thread should contain all of the information to create you character. You should have plenty of time to read the threads and create your PC.

We have not started any game posts yet. The first game thread is up, feel free to have a look at it. It is locked and I will unlock it on Monday October 3rd for posting.
Sep 29, 2022 2:30 am
Hi all! I am going to be playing Mordaky Amerald, Tiefling Fighter with a Big Sword and a dark secret, shhh! Ok fine I'll tell you, but you gotta keep it a secret, see my father was a drinker, and a fiend...wait wrong monologue. Well, either way, going to be delving into the Warlock powers granted to me by a mysterious force that helped me escape my debtors, though when it told me it would lead me to Salvation...I didn't know it meant literally :)
Sep 29, 2022 3:31 am
DM: I submitted my character sheet for approval (I think?)

Meanwhile I'll just repost my character concept from the application thread here:
https://i.imgur.com/8fo4UuP.jpg
Character Name: Gabrielle d'Orien, nee Blackwood
Race: Human, dragonmarked
Proposed Class: Swarmkeeper Ranger
Background: Noble
Alignment: CG

Description: Of average stature and slim, athletic build, Gabrielle's raven-black hair is usually tied back into a hasty ponytail or a braid. Her pale complexion is tanned by the sun, indicating a life spent outdoors, and her face bears scars from a years-old injury. Her posture is excellent and she carries herself upright like a trained dancer. Gabrielle favors clothing in earth tones or dark shades, usually with a modern but otherwise unremarkable cut. She speaks with a soft, breathy voice. On the inside of her forearm she bears the Mark of Passage, though she goes to great lengths to conceal it, usually wearing long sleeves, bracers or gloves.

Personality: Gabrielle is of the calm, deliberate sort. She finds rash action to be exasperating and at times stressful, and she is loath to act without a plan. In her childhood years Gabrielle was often described as cheerful and upbeat despite the forever war but as she reached adulthood her demeanor took on a more sombre aspect. Regardless, even if it does not always shine through, Gabrielle's innate optimism refuses to be extinguished completely.

Backstory (I'll keep it brief for now, can flesh it out later if so desired): Gabrielle is the middle of five children born to Lord & Lady Ir'Blackwood, a cadet branch of House Orien. Her childhood was about as normal as could be expected for someone of her social class who grew up in eastern Breland during the War. Like her sisters, Gabrielle was given a thorough grounding in what were considered the appropriate subjects. Politics, history, etiquette, the arts. From a young age Gabrielle in particular showed great promise in the art of dance, and formal ballet lessons from a demanding tutor soon occupied much of her already-limited free time.

When Gabrielle came of age her Dragonmark manifested and what had been a fairly ordinary noble upbringing mutated into a whirlwind of being presented at various social functions, meeting the Baron, and learning to harness the power of the Mark of Passage. Gabrielle took the House name d'Orien and the regimen of demanding lessons only increased from there. Whenever she was allowed a moment of leisure, Gabrielle would escape to the woods and the fields. She chafed under the regimented life that was more or less predetermined for her, and being out in nature gave her a sense of freedom and connection to the land. More often than not if she left the Blackwood Estate she would be accompanied (or tailed) by family retainers for safety's sake but even that was a welcome reprieve from the stifling world of dinner parties and political doubletalk.

On the Day of Mourning Gabrielle's father and two brothers were with Brelish armies and presumably perished in the cataclysm. The rest of House Blackwood, including Gabrielle's fiancé, were at the manor which was destroyed that day. Gabrielle herself only managed to escape by the power of her Dragonmark, a close brush with death, and she is not sure what fate befell her family. In the months after the cataclysm, Gabrielle wandered alone and aimlessly, using the power of the Mark and her afinity for nature to survive. Eventually she fell in with a group of scavengers which is how she ended up in Sanctuary.

Other secret details:
Plum sent a note to _Tripp__
Character goals:
Short term: Survive.
Medium term: Find out what happened to her fiancé.
Long term: Restore the Blackwood estate to its rightful place in society.
Sep 29, 2022 3:46 am
Plum says:
DM: I submitted my character sheet for approval (I think?)

Meanwhile I'll just repost my character concept from the application thread here:
https://i.imgur.com/8fo4UuP.jpg
Character Name: Gabrielle d'Orien, nee Blackwood
Race: Human, dragonmarked
Proposed Class: Swarmkeeper Ranger
Background: Noble
Alignment: CG

Description: Of average stature and slim, athletic build, Gabrielle's raven-black hair is usually tied back into a hasty ponytail or a braid. Her pale complexion is tanned by the sun, indicating a life spent outdoors, and her face bears scars from a years-old injury. Her posture is excellent and she carries herself upright like a trained dancer. Gabrielle favors clothing in earth tones or dark shades, usually with a modern but otherwise unremarkable cut. She speaks with a soft, breathy voice. On the inside of her forearm she bears the Mark of Passage, though she goes to great lengths to conceal it, usually wearing long sleeves, bracers or gloves.

Personality: Gabrielle is of the calm, deliberate sort. She finds rash action to be exasperating and at times stressful, and she is loath to act without a plan. In her childhood years Gabrielle was often described as cheerful and upbeat despite the forever war but as she reached adulthood her demeanor took on a more sombre aspect. Regardless, even if it does not always shine through, Gabrielle's innate optimism refuses to be extinguished completely.

Backstory (I'll keep it brief for now, can flesh it out later if so desired): Gabrielle is the middle of five children born to Lord & Lady Ir'Blackwood, a cadet branch of House Orien. Her childhood was about as normal as could be expected for someone of her social class who grew up in eastern Breland during the War. Like her sisters, Gabrielle was given a thorough grounding in what were considered the appropriate subjects. Politics, history, etiquette, the arts. From a young age Gabrielle in particular showed great promise in the art of dance, and formal ballet lessons from a demanding tutor soon occupied much of her already-limited free time.

When Gabrielle came of age her Dragonmark manifested and what had been a fairly ordinary noble upbringing mutated into a whirlwind of being presented at various social functions, meeting the Baron, and learning to harness the power of the Mark of Passage. Gabrielle took the House name d'Orien and the regimen of demanding lessons only increased from there. Whenever she was allowed a moment of leisure, Gabrielle would escape to the woods and the fields. She chafed under the regimented life that was more or less predetermined for her, and being out in nature gave her a sense of freedom and connection to the land. More often than not if she left the Blackwood Estate she would be accompanied (or tailed) by family retainers for safety's sake but even that was a welcome reprieve from the stifling world of dinner parties and political doubletalk.

On the Day of Mourning Gabrielle's father and two brothers were with Brelish armies and presumably perished in the cataclysm. The rest of House Blackwood, including Gabrielle's fiancé, were at the manor which was destroyed that day. Gabrielle herself only managed to escape by the power of her Dragonmark, a close brush with death, and she is not sure what fate befell her family. In the months after the cataclysm, Gabrielle wandered alone and aimlessly, using the power of the Mark and her afinity for nature to survive. Eventually she fell in with a group of scavengers which is how she ended up in Sanctuary.

Other secret details:
_Tripp__ sent a note to _Tripp__
Character goals:
Short term: Survive.
Medium term: Find out what happened to her fiancé.
Long term: Restore the Blackwood estate to its rightful place in society.
You successful submitted your PC. Approved.
Sep 29, 2022 11:11 am
I think I am all done with Mordaky's sheet as well, yay! :)
Sep 29, 2022 4:19 pm
gotta put the sheet together when I have a minute, but I'll be playing Thiago, a sailor from Cyre who was training with the kalashtar in Sarlona to become a psi warrior when the Mourning happened. (he probably thought he could've made a difference somewhere 😔)
Sep 29, 2022 6:50 pm
This could turn out to be a large game if everyone sticks around. Maxed out at 10 players...
Sep 29, 2022 7:07 pm
_Tripp__ says:
This could turn out to be a large game if everyone sticks around. Maxed out at 10 players...
Would you split into, and run, two groups? Or bring on a co dm? Or just have one big party?

Just curious :)

Fredo d'Nada

HeroAmongMen

Sep 29, 2022 7:23 pm
Fredo d'Nada
I just submitted Fredo d'Nada to the game. Let me know when he is accepted, or if there are tweaks you would like me to do before accepting.
Sep 29, 2022 8:08 pm
HeroAmongMen says:
Fredo d'Nada
[/quote]

Is that a reference to Freedon Nadd, from Star Wars?
Sep 29, 2022 8:36 pm
HeroAmongMen says:
Fredo d'Nada
Plum says:
Is that a reference to Freedon Nadd, from Star Wars?
A theory is formed!
Last edited September 29, 2022 8:37 pm
Sep 29, 2022 9:32 pm
A sheet has been submitted! I still need to enter in spells and I owe you the Steel defender sheet, but the rest is in place!

My limited Eberron knowledge means that the backstory is a little vague, but I'm happy to work on filling in gaps
Sep 29, 2022 9:56 pm
_Tripp__ says:
I don’t mind comin’ and goin’ too fwiw! I feel like the nature of the Oracle of War campaign (or at least how it was run in AL) kind of suits that stuff, or at least salvage ops do
Sep 29, 2022 10:25 pm
Madclergy says:
_Tripp__ says:
Would you split into, and run, two groups? Or bring on a co dm? Or just have one big party?

Just curious :)
We'll start as one big party, see how that goes and make adjustments from there. I have noticed that most of the time 2-4 players drop from games for whatever reason. With this in mind I always recruit 4 more players than my target number. In this case we have about 6 more. I'm okay with being wrong and more folks sticking around.

Also I'm only running this single game and not currently playing in other games. Due to this I can focus my attention solely on this one game. It is easy to overwhelm oneself in PBP games...
Sep 29, 2022 10:28 pm
I just went in and approved some more PCs. At this point if you submitted a PC they should be approved, if I missed anyone just let me know.
Sep 29, 2022 10:32 pm
(I'll do my best to do something similar to Plum once I'm not actively playing a different game. The short version is that her name's Kata and she's a tinker descended from House Cannith and part of house Vadalis.
Last edited September 29, 2022 10:34 pm
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.