OOC Discussion

Feb 10, 2015 2:14 am
Hullo, folks,

This thread does what it says on the tin. This thread is for Out Of Character discussion and what-not.
Feb 10, 2015 4:00 pm
Hullo, folks,

A couple of questions that I will ask right off the bat...

1) How many of the folks signed up to play have a copy of the Primeval RPG Rulebook, either in physical form or PDF?

2) How many folks signed up here have some degree of familiarity with the PRIMEVAL tv series?
Feb 10, 2015 4:01 pm
Working on both now that I joined this game. I have played DWAITAS though and the system is similar.
Feb 10, 2015 4:22 pm
Hullo, Azzorak,
Azzorak says:
Working on both now that I joined this game. I have played DWAITAS though and the system is similar.
Indeed. Primeval is much more deadly however, but one should expect that with dinosaurs, prehistoric beasties, and the like! :)
Feb 10, 2015 5:35 pm
I know nothing, Jon Snow, re: rpg or tv versions. Had a look for the Primeval show in current broadcasting, but the Great Canadian Broadcast Firewall blocks all attempts to view. I might buy the first ep on iTunes just to get the flavour.
Feb 10, 2015 5:50 pm
I've seen the entire TV series both UK and Canadian versions and I have the physical and PDF rulebooks. I don't have the Companion however.
Feb 10, 2015 7:20 pm
Don't have the book and haven't seen the show but a long break is comming up so I'll be able to catch a couple eps to check it out.
Feb 10, 2015 7:28 pm
Hullo, Qralloq,
Qralloq says:
I know nothing, Jon Snow, re: rpg or tv versions. Had a look for the Primeval show in current broadcasting, but the Great Canadian Broadcast Firewall blocks all attempts to view. I might buy the first ep on iTunes just to get the flavour.
That's fine, Qralloq, and believe it or not, knowing nothing won't hurt you too much in the game. Watching the first episode or two can't hurt, as it'll give you the "feel" of the tv series, but I believe that Space channel here in Canada is showing the series on either Saturday or Sunday at some ungodly hour.

Once I've set the threads up for character creation and the like, I'll take you through the process step by step. No worries. :)
Feb 10, 2015 7:30 pm
Hullo, Gavken,
Gavken says:
I've seen the entire TV series both UK and Canadian versions and I have the physical and PDF rulebooks. I don't have the Companion however.
No worries, since we're using just the main rulebook for the purpose of character creation. With a couple of minor modifications, such as increasing the cost on a couple of the Traits. Again, nothing major.
Feb 10, 2015 7:31 pm
Hullo, Kenny,
KennyGardnerIII says:
Don't have the book and haven't seen the show but a long break is comming up so I'll be able to catch a couple eps to check it out.
As I mentioned above to Qralloq, not having the book or having seen the show won't hurt your ability to play in the game. If you do get a chance to watch any of the PRIMEVAL UK episodes, that is always a good thing. :)
Feb 10, 2015 7:42 pm
Hullo, folks,

Just for folks who are new to the game and wondering how difficult (not!) creating a character for the Primeval PbP game will be/is, I thought I would post this up. Here's the link to the an entry on my LiveJournal blog, and the detailed creation of a character for the game...

http://jkahane.livejournal.com/600252.html

Note the amount of background information and detail is a bit skimpier than what I'll want for the PbP game here, but the character generation process is adequately detailed here.

Hope that helps alleviate any feelings of the system being difficult to work with, and that it encourages a few people to get into the game who might have been on the fence. :)

Thoughts and comments on the character are more than welcome. (And for the record, I've posted this character up to the Character Library here as well.)
Feb 10, 2015 8:24 pm
John - please note that I'm going to be away for three days from Thursday to Saturday this week. I will catch up with any character creation stuff needed on Sunday.
Feb 10, 2015 8:29 pm
Hullo, Gavken,
Gavken says:
John - please note that I'm going to be away for three days from Thursday to Saturday this week. I will catch up with any character creation stuff needed on Sunday.
Not a problem. :)
Feb 15, 2015 11:12 am
JohnK says:
Hullo, folks,

1) How many of the folks signed up to play have a copy of the Primeval RPG Rulebook, either in physical form or PDF?

2) How many folks signed up here have some degree of familiarity with the PRIMEVAL tv series?
Uno) I had a PDF but am looking for a dead tree version of the game.

Due) Well, I didn't attend Primeval college and don't have degree. :( Though, I have watched 36 episodes of the series!
Feb 15, 2015 3:45 pm
Hullo, Tim,
manajunkie says:
JohnK says:
Hullo, folks,

Uno) I had a PDF but am looking for a dead tree version of the game.
I know that you can order a copy of the hardcover from the folks at Cubicle 7, and you should be able to find a copy at Noble Knight down in the U.S.. Fandom II here in Ottawa may have a copy as well, or some other on-line sellers will have it perhaps.
manajunkie says:

Due) Well, I didn't attend Primeval college and don't have degree. :( Though, I have watched 36 episodes of the series!
Having watched the 36 episodes of PRIMEVAL is a good thing, you know. :)
Feb 16, 2015 1:40 am
Hey John,
JohnK says:

In order, I have both the rulebook and the PDF. Also I've watched the entire series and have the first three seasons on DVD. I haven't read the novelizations, nor have I played the computer game.
Feb 16, 2015 1:56 am
Hullo, Steven,
Steven says:

In order, I have both the rulebook and the PDF. Also I've watched the entire series and have the first three seasons on DVD. I haven't read the novelizations, nor have I played the computer game.
Excellent news to hear about having the rulebook and being familiar with the tv series. :)

(I've actually dug out the DVDs of the series as I'm going to watch them again for "mood setting" purposes. :)
Feb 16, 2015 7:21 pm
I watched the first couple of episodes; it turns out that its on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EbvuXEG7LE
Feb 16, 2015 7:30 pm
I finished Series 1 today. Hoping to get through Series 2 by the end of the week since the game takes place during the time of Series 2. May watch more after that as I am enjoying it, but figured getting that far would help me play the game better.
Feb 16, 2015 9:28 pm
Hullo, Qralloq,
Qralloq says:
I watched the first couple of episodes; it turns out that its on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EbvuXEG7LE
Yep, the series is on Youtube. Had quite forgotten it might be there. Hope you're enjoying it! :)
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.