OOC Discussion

load previous
Feb 16, 2015 9:31 pm
Hullo, Azzorak,
Azzorak says:

I finished Series 1 today. Hoping to get through Series 2 by the end of the week since the game takes place during the time of Series 2. May watch more after that as I am enjoying it, but figured getting that far would help me play the game better.
Glad you're enjoying the series. It's quite good! :)

The game will be taking place during the early part of Series 2, though it could be set earlier than that for reasons that will become clear in game and from the first couple of episodes of Series 2.

As soon as you come up with a Character Concept, don't forget to PM me with it. :)
Feb 20, 2015 3:46 pm
Hullo, folks,

Quick question for everyone...

Currently, the PRIMEVAL PbP is set up as a Public game. Would folks prefer that I change this to Private, so that only folks in the game can see the posts and everything, or are you folks alright with the game being Public?

I'll go with folks' preference on this.

Thanks. :)
Feb 20, 2015 4:05 pm
Hullo, folks,

Now that I've got the hang of Dropbox (with the help of one of our fellow gamers here! Thanks, mate! :)), I've edited the two messages in the Character Generation thread that deal with files that you'll need for the various Steps in the process so far. If you had problems seeing the contents of the files, hopefully this should fix that up. And it should make our lives easier in future, and will simplify things for any new players who join the game. :)
Feb 20, 2015 5:38 pm
JohnK says:
Hullo, folks,

Quick question for everyone...

Currently, the PRIMEVAL PbP is set up as a Public game. Would folks prefer that I change this to Private, so that only folks in the game can see the posts and everything, or are you folks alright with the game being Public?

Thanks. :)
Hi John,
I honestly don't mind either way. It might be better to leave it public so that other folks that want to join can get a taste of the game.
Last edited February 20, 2015 5:39 pm
Feb 20, 2015 7:13 pm
Hullo, Gavin,
Gavken says:

I honestly don't mind either way. It might be better to leave it public so that other folks that want to join can get a taste of the game.
That was my thinking on the matter, especially given the... obscurity of the game itself. But I'll leave this up to the rest of the folks involved with the game to decide.
Feb 21, 2015 12:29 pm
I have nothing to hide. I personally think public games are important for the health of this community.
Feb 21, 2015 3:03 pm
Public is fine by me.
Feb 21, 2015 4:23 pm
Hullo, Azzorak,
Azzorak says:
I have nothing to hide. I personally think public games are important for the health of this community.
This is pretty much how I feel about the matter, so for the moment, the game will stay Public. :)
Feb 24, 2015 2:39 pm
My character is handed in... let the killing begin!!!!
Mar 7, 2015 11:06 pm
Hullo, folks,

Well, since all five of the starting player characters have been pretty much completed and are ready to go, I've posted up the Posting Rules for the PRIMEVAL: Tales of the Anomalies PbP game to the Game Play sub-forum (though you can't see that there's a Thread there). Rather than post it up as one large post, I've split it up into seven (7) posts to make it easier on folks' attention spans. :)

I'll give folks a couple of days to read through stuff and ask me questions about the material, if necessary, and then we'll get on with the game.

Looking forward to starting play with you guys! :)

Oh, and for the sake of argument and the fact that I want to see how it works...

Rolls

Just a test - (2d6+7)

(36) + 7 = 16

Mar 10, 2015 2:39 pm
So, we ready to start now?
Mar 10, 2015 2:53 pm
Hullo, Gavin,
Gavken says:
So, we ready to start now?
Just about, I would say. :)

I'm dealing with some Real Life(tm) stuff for the next day or so. but will be starting the game soon. Just was giving folks a bit of time to absorb the rules for posting and offer any comments or whatever about stuff. And to ask any questions they might have, of course. :)
Mar 11, 2015 12:15 am
Well John, I've been trying to digest the various rules things, but I'm not sure I can commit to 1 post every 1-2 days. I'm available most Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays--but the same can't be said for the weekend. Sometimes I have a free Saturday, but any lengthy chores and to-dos that stack up over the week can only be done then. A more reliable schedule for me is every 3-4 days. That's not to say I won't do what I can, but I don't have a lot of flexibility in my schedule.
Mar 11, 2015 12:38 am
As above
Mar 11, 2015 2:42 pm
Hullo, RIP, Azzorak,

That's not a problem, to be honest. While I would prefer folks to post as frequently as they can, as that would make the game play faster obviously, I'm flexible in terms of how often folks can post and when they can post. Being in other countries, other time zones, and stuff like that also comes into play. But we each have Real Life(tm) concerns as well, so that's not a problem.

All of that said, I'm fine with posting whenever you can, and as often as you can. If you feel that you'd rather not play, I'll understand that as well, though I'll be quite disappointed if you both decide that you can't play. So let me know what you want to do. :)
Mar 11, 2015 4:04 pm
Oh I am quite looking forward to this and I will put in as much as I can, but just wanted you to know it may not be as much as you had initially planned.
Mar 11, 2015 10:14 pm
Azzorak says:
Oh I am quite looking forward to this and I will put in as much as I can, but just wanted you to know it may not be as much as you had initially planned.
Ditto. :)
Mar 13, 2015 7:32 pm
Hullo, RIP, Azzorak, everyone,

Glad to hear it. The game is about to commence.

What you will find in the Play Area now are two Preludes to the start of the game. Each of these is relevant to a separate plot that is ongoing. Once you read the two Preludes, you'll have a choice to make as to where you want to start and which plot you want to involve in to begin with.

Queue the PRIMEVAL opening theme and credits...
Mar 17, 2015 7:50 pm
Got some Real Life going on right now. Should post my prelude post tomorrow in the AM if all goes well.
Mar 21, 2015 6:27 pm
Hullo, Azzorak,
Azzorak says:
Got some Real Life going on right now. Should post my prelude post tomorrow in the AM if all goes well.
So any chance of seeing a prelude post sometime soon? The game's waiting on you to get it done before the two plots get going full throttle and all. Please. :)
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.