Tiny Dungeon / EZD6

load previous
Oct 22, 2022 6:29 pm
Ok, cool. Like I said, just give another day or two. I haven't forgotten about you, just trying to get a few things knocked out so I'm not so swamped.
Oct 22, 2022 6:33 pm
That's cool. Take your time. I'm not in a hurry.
Oct 22, 2022 8:40 pm
Here.!
Oct 23, 2022 7:38 pm
Psybermaji, squid, and ogion. Gotcha.
Oct 23, 2022 8:30 pm
GaryD20 says:
Ok, sorry for the delay. I'm going to be sending out invites in the next day or two for those who are still interested. So, for those that still are let me know and I'll send you an invite.
yes
Oct 24, 2022 12:53 am
Gotcha, tibbius.
Oct 29, 2022 6:40 pm
So I have a question about Spelltouched. I understand this trait had limited power but seems versatile.
1. Can you have more than 1 affect at a time?
2. Can it heal damage? (Ex touch heal 1, or other effects explicitly stated in other traits)
3. How large of an area affect can it have? (It mentioned only small object)
Oct 29, 2022 7:06 pm
Psybermagi says:
So I have a question about Spelltouched. I understand this trait had limited power but seems versatile.
2. Can it heal damage? (Ex touch heal 1, or other effects explicitly stated in other traits)
3. How large of an area affect can it have? (It mentioned only small object)
The way I play it:
1. No
2. No
3. Small focus. The largest is probably something like cast light.

There is a pretty awesome book called the Micronomicon - A Compendium of Magic that gives a nice little list of examples in the Spell Touched section:
1. Sense magic around the caster or in nearby items;
2. Produce small illusory objects;
3. Make small objects turn invisible;
4. Conjure light sources or phantom sounds from nowhere;
5. Ignite or douse small flames;
6. Manipulate and move small objects (if you have eye contact with them).
Oct 29, 2022 7:07 pm
Not sure right off the top of my head. I'll give it a read this evening after work and see what I can come up with.
Oct 29, 2022 8:01 pm
Thanks @squid. I figure it is a global cantrip catchall (D&D background) and want to play around with its utility.
Ideas/ questions
3. How large of an area affect can it have? (It mentioned only small object) EX create illusion terrain to hide a crouching goblin, me
4. How long can an effect last?
5. It mentions illusion and fire, which I extrapolate to any/all elements but can it also have mental or spiritual effects? Ex can it summon, ward off, or charm small creatures (insects, birds, small animals)
6. Can it conjure/create temporary tiny objects
7. Can it transmute or repair objects
8. Can the illusions affect any/all sences
9. Are there possible uses residents of the Great Indoors may have developed? (Not familiar with the setting so just thinking ahead)
These don't need answers now but are things I am thinking about and may attempt
Last edited October 29, 2022 8:09 pm
Oct 30, 2022 5:04 am
The Tiny games purposefully leave this kind of detail out -- it's up to the table / GM. I personally would say nope to healing because there are specific things for that, but I'd otherwise leave it pretty wide open rather than confine it tightly... but to each their own. I think the only real balance you need is to make sure the spell reader spells have more punch.
Oct 30, 2022 1:54 pm
Like I said D&D background so I am almost equating spell touched to cantrips and Spell Reader to casting any other spell from a scroll. Pretty easy translation of concepts.
Even so there are alot of things cantrips, or their equivalent, can do besides damage and illusion.
Some things not covered include sensory vs mental vs physical illusions vs summon vs conjure : Ex mouse: a sensory illusion creates input that everyone can detect by manipulating sound and light so they see and hear the "mouse", a mental illusion tricks a single mind so know they see the "mouse", a physical illusion alters reality while maintained so the "mouse" is actually there (like a holo-deck), a summons calls an actual mouse from the world to move to the desired location, and a conjured "mouse" can be a physical manifestation of a spiritual being or concept (there are a variety of Conjuration concepts including teleport). Of course these work only last as long as maintained, though a summoned mouse would still be left to do as it wishes after the Summons ends.
Last edited October 30, 2022 1:54 pm
Oct 30, 2022 2:24 pm
Psybermagi says:
Like I said D&D background so I am almost equating spell touched to cantrips and Spell Reader to casting any other spell from a scroll. Pretty easy translation of concepts.
Even so there are alot of things cantrips, or their equivalent, can do besides damage and illusion.
I think this https://i.imgur.com/EAppRa0.png really gives adequate guidance. As DM, I would let you do any of the small, subtle things you've suggested. A fireball: no. Igniting the rag in a Molotov cocktail? Yes. An earthquake? No. A few rocks falling from the ceiling to deal 1 hp damage? Yes.
Oct 30, 2022 2:26 pm
I would love to play either frankly!
Oct 30, 2022 4:28 pm
Cool. I'll send you an invite once everything is ready on my end.
Nov 15, 2022 1:50 pm
@GaryD20 how is it going?
Nov 15, 2022 11:21 pm
I'll be sending invites out by Friday for everyone still interested. Sorry for the delay. Hit an unexpectantly busy stretch at work. Then I was at JeffCon over the weekend. But invites will be going out in the next couple of days.
Nov 15, 2022 11:54 pm
Yeah, thanks. No worries, life happens. I hope you had fun at JeffCon.
Nov 16, 2022 1:34 am
Oh yeah. JeffCon was a blast. Had a great time. Too bad it's the last one. Ret-Con and MythCon are coming up in February and March though. Can't wait!
Nov 18, 2022 2:16 am
Invites going out tomorrow.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.