Character Discussion

load previous
Feb 23, 2015 5:11 pm
She is more of a wedding/family/event photographer. Her hobbies are outdoor hobbies and it would be conceivable for her to just be out for a hike taking nature photos.
Feb 23, 2015 5:34 pm
Well, if the story picks up with her as the first victim things could get interesting. I know there's at least 3 PCs with outdoorsy interests, including her and my PC Tycho, so that should be enough for a quick rescue. Assuming the GM didn't throw a pack of creatures at us, of course. ;)
Feb 23, 2015 7:46 pm
Yes four outdoor types, since Bryn is a free-runner.
Feb 24, 2015 12:20 am
Looking to get my write up in before this weekend. Sorry I'm taking so long.
Feb 24, 2015 3:12 am
Hullo, Azzorak,
Azzorak says:
She is more of a wedding/family/event photographer. Her hobbies are outdoor hobbies and it would be conceivable for her to just be out for a hike taking nature photos.
Well, how about this as inspiration at some point? :)

http://ic.pics.livejournal.com/jkahane/10595384/60184/60184_600.jpg

To put it mildly, the bride realises she doesn't have to outrun the dino, just the rest of the wedding party, especially the second girl from the left who hasn't realised that if you pull up the hem of your bridal skirt, it would be easier to run. Of course, if the bride tosses the bouquet back and it is caught by the T. rex, then that might serve as a minscule distraction!
Feb 24, 2015 3:14 am
Hullo, Kenny, Azzorak,

Yeah, I'll be patient a bit longer. :) Bear in mind that you'll need to get my approval on the Backgrounds and History before you can start in on the game stats and numbers.

And if you don't have the game in some form or other, that can be handled with me in personal e-mail. One of the players is like that, and the numbers game that we did was pretty much a breeze. :)
Feb 28, 2015 10:10 pm
Hullo, folks,

Just heard from Kenny, and he'll be dropping out of the game for a variety of reasons. Therefore, James Tatsu Raiden is no longer a player character in the game. :(

We're down to five (5) players. *sigh*

Just waiting on one player to get the character creation process rolling forward, and then we'll be able to start playing the game.
Mar 1, 2015 12:35 pm
Dinosaurs are picking off one by one before we even have a chance to roll the dice!
Mar 1, 2015 12:52 pm
Indeed, were dropping off quickly. I am the one holding things up right now, been overwhelmed irl unfortunately.
Mar 1, 2015 3:29 pm
Hullo, Tim,
manajunkie says:
Dinosaurs are picking off one by one before we even have a chance to roll the dice!
Well, it is in the nature of the PRIMEVAL tv series for the main characters to be picked off one-by-one. But this is getting ridiculous! Hopefully, we'll get a few folks to replace the players we've lost.
Mar 1, 2015 3:31 pm
Hullo, Azzorak,
Azzorak says:
Indeed, were dropping off quickly. I am the one holding things up right now, been overwhelmed irl unfortunately.
Real Life(tm) does take priority over gaming, so no worries there. Hopefully you'll wrap up the Character Background and History material sooner rather than later. :)
Mar 1, 2015 9:13 pm
Azzorak says:
Life has a way of making things difficult at times that's for sure.
Mar 3, 2015 7:41 pm
Azzorak says:
Hopefully things will get less overwhelming soon.
Mar 3, 2015 8:55 pm
Yeah hopefully people will be done soon and we can get down to dinousaur awesomeness.
Mar 3, 2015 9:05 pm
should be done tonight then we can get into this
Mar 3, 2015 10:42 pm
Hullo, folks,

Now that we're getting very close to starting to play the PRIMEVAL: Tales of the Anomalies PbP game, it's time for players to do one more thing.

Each player with a complete, ready-to-play character for the PRIMEVAL PBeM game should post to this thread a Public Character Bio in whatever style the player likes, and of any length, about their character. This Bio should contain the information that you, the player, would like the other players and their characters to know about his/her character, and should not necessarily be the complete character Background and History that the player had approved by the Moderator of the mailing list.

This character biography, in whatever style the player has decided on, should have the Subject header, "Character Bio - [Name of Character]".

After that, the player in question is ready to start the game! :)
Mar 4, 2015 1:44 am
I'll be playing Elliott Tycho Cartwright the 3rd, or Tycho for short. He founded Banff International Outfitters, based in Banff, naturally, and has traveled the globe leading various hunts and safaris. He's small (160cm and 49kilo) and unimpressive to look at. Brown hair and eyes, slightly unkempt/scruffy in appearance, and he sports a large scar that wraps from the top left edge of his chin several centimeters down into the skin below the jaw. In most pictures you could find on social media, or local media, would show him in a faded Toronto Blue Jays cap.

That's all a public profile of him would show.
Mar 4, 2015 5:48 pm
Just submitted my background, I am sure it will be approved so I will begin with stat generation and post a short bio here shortly.
Mar 4, 2015 6:08 pm
"Hi there. My name is Dr. Henry Anders, though most people call me Henry or Doctor Anders, or THE DOCTOR, , no not really, I just thought that would lighten the mood.

"Since this is for the official record. My full name is Henry Clayton Anders. I am Physician specializing in internal medicine, namely Immunology and Infectious Disease. I have O.R. experience, PHD in Botany and an interest in Herbalism. Most recently I worked out St Thomas hospital, but I’m currently attached to the ARC, I mean the Anomaly Research Centre. I was born in East Grinstead, Sussex. I have a younger brother named James and I had an older sister named Claira.

"You might be asking yourself how a doctor such as my self ended up here. It’s quite funny when you think about it, but it wasn’t so when it happened. As I said, I have an interest in herbalism, it started back in my post graduate days working in the rainforest, but I digress. I had heard about an outbreak of very odd plants in Upper Shrewsbury. I took a weekend trip with the express purpose of collecting a sample of these new plants. Instead I found a group of official and military types. They were having problems dealing with a real live dinosaur. The plant you see was a super potent version of poison ivy. I wasn’t able to do much about the dinosaur, frankly, I was gob-stopped by that part. But I was able to treat the people debilitated by the ivy, and I was able to identify that the dinosaur was suffering a sever rash. I still can’t believe I saw a real live dinosaur. After the dust settled, I was approached by James Lester, the Home Office man responsible for the ARC.

"I had already known not to talk about what I saw. In my profession, emergency services are often involved in drills and crises under the Home Office banner, and most of them can’t be discussed. However, he also had a proposal for me. In his job, Mr. Lester routinely has to think about the unthinkable. He told me he was concerned about the possibility of a disease crossing from the past. Not an uncommon concern. I agreed to come work for him at the ARC in return for being allowed to study the medicinal properties of any extinct plants encountered in the field.

Appearance:
Henry is Forty Three year old man, standing 5’8”, 146 lbs. He is in reasonably good shape with healthy complexion and short light brown hair starting to grey at the temples. He has kind looking hazel eyes and wears black metal framed glasses. A professional, he is typically clean shaven, even when he works double shifts.

He is typically seen wearing a white lab coat over a brown sweater and beige trousers, with very comfortable brown shoes. He has a couple of business suits with the old school tie for board meetings and such as well as some well used out door clothes and hiking boots. But he is most comfortable in casual clothes.
Mar 4, 2015 6:37 pm
APPEARANCE:
Gwyn is a 28 year old woman with dark hair and lightly tanned skin. She keeps her hair short at about shoulder length and rarely wears it down. She is about 162 cm tall and weighs 54kg. Gwyn is physically fit with clearly toned musculature and a curvy body type. Her eyes are a vibrant green and she typically wears comfortable clothing typical of physically active individuals. When working an event she may wear a skirt and blouse, but day to day she prefer tank tops and yoga pants, jeans, or other casual/sports/outdoor wear, depending on the situation.

What you might have heard:
Gwyn has had many rough patches in her life and though generally happy she tends to be somewhat quiet. Any social media will be sparse if it exists at all. Those who read wedding/bridal publications and magazines or those who live in Cardiff may know of her photography business as she is fairly successful in Cardiff and has taken photos for many bridal magazines. Her business has been advertised as one of the best in Wales in several such publications.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.