GAME CHAT 3: The Mournland

load previous
Oct 27, 2022 7:31 pm
Plum says:
OOC:
Goodness, lots of posts I missed.

edit: lol the dice hate me
Gabrielle unfortunately gets a big lungful of the vile odour and falls into a spasming, coughing fit. She tries to reach for aid but falls unconscious.
OOC:
Yikes! Don't take the damage you rolled, just use the average that was next to it (22). I used the average damage for this because I did not want it to swing wildly high. You'll probably still be on your feet if so then roll initiative. I edit the post with the consolidated rolls.
Oct 27, 2022 8:10 pm
Fredo yells, "Guys! It's an airborne cloud kill chemical spill. I have heard of this before. Hold your breathe, and let's destroy whatever the source is!"

He holds his breathe, and thankfully his goggles keep his eyes clear of the contaminants in the air.
OOC:
I know he doesn't act, but I think it thematically sets the tone for the sharing of information, and for his fortitudinous defense against the chemical.

He also doesn't share specifically how he knows what this is. No need to make his allies question his suggestions while they explore.
Oct 28, 2022 1:21 am
Initiative Order
Kata (12)
Ovak (9) (had the +2 int modifer as tie breaker)
Mordaky (9)
Gabrielle (8)
Black Cloud (7)
Fredo d’Nada (5)
Malbor (3)
Moisie (is unconscious)
Oct 28, 2022 2:43 am
"It's getting ready to do it again! Wind might be able to disperse it. Regular weapons are going to have a hard time."

Kata gestures with one hand for Vic to get between her and the cloud. With the other she draws a hand axe, the hilt lighting up as she grips it. The axe swings through the body of the creature, halting just past it's billowing form and returning back to Kata's hand.

Vic's servos charge up in their arm. A charged up punch seems to just dissipate into the cloud.
OOC:
Miscalculated. With the returning infusion that should actually be a +6 on the axe I think (3 INT, 2 PB, +1 returning), I'll fix that for next time. That said I'm going to treat it like it hit.
Last edited October 28, 2022 2:49 am

Rolls

Handaxe Infused - Attack - (1d20+3)

(19) + 3 = 22

Handaxe Infused - Damage - (1d6+4)

(4) + 4 = 8

Vic: Force-Empowered Rend Attack - (1d20+5)

(7) + 5 = 12

Oct 28, 2022 2:59 am
Ovak that just took a beating and choked out her guts mostly and barely standing and surely can't take any more. She stumbles some at first as she makes a full run back the way we came to get away from sure death. When she sees it isn't following her she drops her sword and shield that as it appears she thinks they aren't too useful and draws out her longbow and notches an arrow.
OOC:
Double move for 60'. Drop shortsword & Shield. Interaction gets longbow and notches an arrow for next round.
[ +- ] Ovak
Last edited October 28, 2022 3:09 am
Oct 28, 2022 3:12 am
Mordaky (9) YOUR TURN
Oct 28, 2022 11:32 am
Mordaky, still reeling from the internal damage looked up to the black cloud and grimaced. He reached out his hand and a pale while energy began to crackle between his finger tips before growing into more of a coalesced form that leapt out at the black cloud. He lowered his eyes, the exertion of energy being nearly too much for him in his weakened state and tried to calm himself. His lungs burned but he filled them as much as he could, forcing the pain from his mind and let the air out slowly, he regained some his composure and stood from his kneeling position. As quickly as he could he held up his other hand, this one began to crackle as well, and he fired another bolt of coalesced white energy at the black cloud.

"We need to split up, it can hurt more of us at once if we are clumped togetter" he then moved away from the others by about thirty feet.
OOC:

Standard Action: Eldritch Blast
Bonus Action: Second Wind
No Action: Action Surge
Extra Standard Action: Eldritch Blast
Move Action: Put 30ft between the Cloud and Modaky, as well as the rest of the group

Rolls

Eldritch Blast 1 to hit - (1d20+4)

(15) + 4 = 19

Second Wind - (1d10+2)

(6) + 2 = 8

Eldritch Blast 2 to hit - (1d20+4)

(19) + 4 = 23

Eldritch Blast damage 1 - (1d10)

(10) = 10

Eldritch Blast damage 2 - (1d10)

(6) = 6

Oct 28, 2022 2:45 pm
It is noticeable the attacks from Kata and Mordaky seem to be effectively damaging the Black Cloud.

Gabrielle (8) IT IS YOUR TURN
Oct 28, 2022 6:42 pm
Gabrielle stumbled backwards, away from the Black Cloud, coughing and retching. Squinting through the tears that stream from her stinging, burning eyes, Gabrielle nocked the arrow in her right hand, aimed, and let fly.
[ +- ] OOC

Rolls

Longbow attack - (1d20+7)

(9) + 7 = 16

Longbow Damage - (1d8+3)

(6) + 3 = 9

Oct 29, 2022 5:17 am
The Black Cloud
The Black Cloud twists and turns then swirls violently at Kata.

Rolls

Spell Mimicry Recharge - (1d6)

(2) = 2

Magical Strike attack 1, Reach 10 feet, Posion Damage - (1d20+8)

(15) + 8 = 23

Magical Strike attack 2, Reach 10 feet, Posion Damage - (1d20+8)

(8) + 8 = 16

Magical Strike attack 1 Damage - (5d6+5)

(24426) + 5 = 23

Magical Strike attack 2 Damage - (5d6+5)

(36456) + 5 = 29

Oct 29, 2022 5:30 am
Initiative Order
Kata (12)
Mordaky (9)
Gabrielle (8)
Black Cloud (7)
Fredo d’Nada (5)
Malbor (3)
Moisie (is unconscious)

Kata feel free to post any Reaction etc...

FREDO d' NADAL (5) IT IS YOUR TURN
Oct 29, 2022 7:34 pm
OOC:
I'm unconcious either way, but Vic will put disad on one of those so that I hopefully don't take a death save.
[ +- ] Deflect attack
Last edited October 29, 2022 7:35 pm
Oct 29, 2022 9:06 pm
The Back Cloud

Rolls

Deflect Attack Disadvantage for Attack 1 - (1d20+5)

(19) + 5 = 24

Oct 30, 2022 1:37 am
OOC:
If you are unconscious, dieing, at negative hp, etc... you'll want to refer to Game Information Thread, House Rules, Bleeding Out and Death.
Oct 30, 2022 5:18 am
Fredo goes to get some distance between himself and the sentient spell.

He points to Kata and sings, and as he does his mark on his left hand and arm glows in blue-green light. "Just live your life. Aa-aaa-aa-aaa-aaaaah!"

He then looks at the source of the spell, points to it with his left hand, and he pulls a baster-looking contraption from his belt, full of acid, and splashes the living spell.
OOC:
Move: 25 feet away from spell
Bonus Action: Healing word for Kata
Action: Acid Splash
[ +- ] 1st level: Healing Word (Transmutation) - always prepared
[ +- ] Acid Splash (Conjuration)

Rolls

Unmodified Dex save (DC 13) for living spell, and acid damage - (1d20, 1d6)

1d20 : (18) = 18

1d6 : (2) = 2

Healing word HP recovery for Kata - (1d4+3)

(4) + 3 = 7

Oct 30, 2022 2:28 pm
The Black Cloud
Flows and shifts attempting to avoid the acid splash.

Rolls

Magic Resistance Dex Saving Throw Advantage Acid Splash - (1d20+2)

(18) + 2 = 20

Magic Resistance Dex Saving Throw Advantage Acid Splash - (1d20+2)

(11) + 2 = 13

Oct 30, 2022 2:31 pm
Initiative Order
Kata (12)
Mordaky (9)
Gabrielle (8)
Black Cloud (7)
Fredo d’Nada (5)
Malbor (3)
Moisie (is unconscious)

MALBOR (3) YOUR TURN
Oct 30, 2022 5:24 pm
Malbor glances at Moise, but there is nothing he can do for him. With luck, Fredo will be able to save the goblin, but that is not his biggest concern right now. The cloud must be destroyed as soon as possible or they will surely all perish. He backs away from the cloud, trying to stay as far as possible from others as Mordaky had suggested. Raising his hand he focuses his mind to control the power brewing in his mind and unleashes a fraction of it toward the cloud. A small magic, but hopefully effective.
[ +- ] 0: Fire Bolt (Cha)

Rolls

Fire Bolt to hit - (1d20+5)

(17) + 5 = 22

Fire Bolt damage - (1d10)

(6) = 6

Oct 30, 2022 11:31 pm
The Black Cloud
The fire bursts upon impact damaging the Black Cloud.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.