Tiny Q&A

load previous
Jun 15, 2023 9:24 am
Sorry, I don't think I can post as my character, for some reason. Have I done something wrong?
Jun 15, 2023 11:49 am
I just had to approve the character. You should be good now
Jun 26, 2023 2:02 am
Quick question on posting order. Is it polite to let everyone post before posting again? Basically, does posting typically goes sequentially? If so, then I've been rude, apologise, and will try and hold fire going forward.
Jun 26, 2023 2:42 am
I probably post too much lol, but I post whenever it makes sense to. Also depends on your group and if one person post less maybe not leave them too far behind, but in my experience it's not rude to post again before everyone else if it seems like the logical place to post. Except during combat obviously
Last edited June 26, 2023 2:42 am
Jun 26, 2023 11:55 am
That makes sense, thank you
Jun 26, 2023 12:37 pm
Most gams I have seen in PbP have an uneven posting frequency. Some people post more when things are interesting to them others are consistent while others are sporadic.
I try to make sure players get to post before scenes change so they can rescue to anything they want, which seems standard in my experience.
Aug 11, 2023 11:28 pm
OK, a bit of a tutorial and some basic game guidelines.

I will put DM questions/comments/instructions for characters in purple text and use the OOC for communication with the players

I try to let everyone be involved in the story but often move it along when al least half have posted if I feel there is little needed from the characters at that time. This is just to keep the story moving so feel free to speak up if you feel you are getting skipped or want to react to something I just moved away from. (I can always copy/past posts and retcon if needed)

I know some people subscribe to threads and post online when they get email updates to their threads. If you are doing this you should be following at least 2 threads : the story (this one) and your personal player/character thread but I would also suggest following the Chat thread.

When a player is tagged, like @Psybermagi it adds a linked notice to the gamersplane home page for that player. This can be done by typing it out or using the Page or box with lines icon (second from the right) to add it. Some mobile devices will let you tap it to view the menu but others require you to tap & hold to view the menu. Besides listing all the players this menu also lets you tag them with the @ as well as post Notes and Private text. Both of these can only be viewed by the sender and those included in it's to list. Notes are visible as a grey box to all not addressed in it while Private text is entirely hidden.

The ~Tiny Info~ also has a bunch of information for quick reference and can be accessed by tapping the grey button below the Rolls section
https://i.imgur.com/t8yLGy8.png or opening it from the Characters menus at the bottom of the page. Additional information can be added here upon request
Aug 28, 2023 10:25 pm
I am new to pbp and dnd style games in general.. after i have rolled and passed a check do i wait for the gm to move me on or do i expand the story based on the result? I.passed a check and dunno what to do next
Aug 29, 2023 12:14 am
Typically a roll is explained by the DM
This system is pretty strait forward so if you want to add a bit of the result and your action then feel free.

I do try to get back to posts throughout the day if I have time but typically I do most of my post during my commute on the train.
Aug 29, 2023 8:39 am
Psybermagi says:
Typically a roll is explained by the DM
This system is pretty strait forward so if you want to add a bit of the result and your action then feel free.

I do try to get back to posts throughout the day if I have time but typically I do most of my post during my commute on the train.
That's fine.. i wasn't sure so i checked other posts and i saw people responding to their own rolls so i thought maybe i was doing something wrong heheh
Aug 29, 2023 11:50 am
There are some RPG that encourage a shared narrative where the players add to the story beyond their character. I am new to this but open to it. It seems a fun way to expand player involvement. If player added content directly contradicts the story or setting I can just comment on the key point and edit it. Some players are more comfortable doing this than others. It is like play by post improv acting.
Sep 23, 2023 8:32 pm
Proposed optional rules for veterans
Critical Hit : Any time two 6's are roll rolled on any test you can improve the basic desired results. This includes adding damage during combat.

Critical Miss : If all dice rolls results in 1's then something goes wrong. The GM will tell you the consequences of your critical failure.
0 : reduce all damage
Medium Armor : If worn without the Armor proficiency then all activities are at disadvantage. If proficient reduces damage taken by 1.
Heavy Armor : If worn without the Armor proficiency then all activities are at disadvantage and movement takes 2 actions unless Armor mastery is known. If proficient reduces damage taken by 1. If mastered then reduces damage taken by 2.

1: Roll to resist damage
Medium armor with Proficiency allows you to negate 1 point of any physical or weapon attack. (roll d6, ignore damage on a 5 or 6) while Heavy armor with Mastery allows you to roll 2d6 and each success negates 1 damage.

2: Limited damage reduction per combat
Medium armor with Proficiency allows you to negate the first point of damage from each conflict. Heavy armor with Mastery allows you to negate the first 2 points of damage from each conflict.
Sep 23, 2023 8:52 pm
Critical Hits: I am good with this. You can't have this with Disadvantage, and it still takes only 2 dice with Advantage. So, I think it works and is good for me.

Critical Miss: On the other hand, I don't like this. It makes trying any roll at Disadvantage extremely dangerous. If both are a matched pair, I recommend rejecting both. If they are separate, I'd go for Hits but not Miss.

For the Armor rules, does this make "Armor Proficiency" basically another option equivalent to weapon proficiency? So, instead of picking from Light Melee, Heavy Melee, and Ranged we'd now pick from Light Melee, Heavy Melee, Ranged, and Armor?

Also, in the rulebook, these armor rules were paired with variable weapon damage. Right now, all weapons do a single point of damage. That makes anyone with armor proficiency immune to damage. In other words, to make these armor rules work, the whole damage and weapon system has to change to match. Because of this, I have to recommend against this.

I hope I don't sound too negative. I'm just worried about the unintended consequences of doing these.

On a completely different subject, don't forget the Fighting Styles rules. So, if the martial artist character wants to do fancy stuff, spending a trait on that will given them many options. (Kinda like how the extra magic traits help expand the magic available.)
Sep 23, 2023 10:52 pm
I am OK with feedback and am making this up based other systems and the TinyD6 options

Critical Success & Failure : These do not need to be paired. Critical Failures could include things like losing an action, triggering an undesirable reaction, etc. Basically yeah they are not good and prompt player to think before acting too much at disadvantage. That said, I do allow Focusing at all times in my game which some other TinyD6 games do not allow. So even at disadvantage if you focus you have 50% success and 17% Critical Failure. But this is optional flavoring for those who like it.

Armor & Damage : Not being able to damage someone would be bad so the armor options would only be used with either the critical or some other system to increase damage. I did not initially include the increased damage option as I didn't want to add too much complexity but this left the result imbalanced

Possible system revisions :
1: Medium armor with Proficiency allows you to negate 1 point of any physical or weapon attack. (roll d6, ignore damage on a 5 or 6) while Heavy armor with Mastery allows you to roll 2d6 and each success negates 1 damage.

2: Medium armor with Proficiency allows you to negate the first point of damage from each conflict. Heavy armor with Mastery allows you to negate the first 2 points of damage from each conflict.
When you say "Fighting Styles" are you referring to the Prestige traits including Martial Disciplines? If so then I am allowing these as players progress past a certain point. If you mean something else please explain.
Sep 24, 2023 12:55 am
Oooooo! I like the armor option #2. It requires no extra rolls, but provides a tangible benefit that isn't out of line. Plus it builds on how armor master and such work, but it's still different. I like it.

Yes, I meant Martial Disciplines. I couldn't remember the name and didn't look it up.

Finally, I'm still in for Crirical Success, but not Critical Failure. That said, it isn't a dealbreaker for me and I'll accept whatever the decision is.

I look forward to see what the others think.
Sep 24, 2023 11:23 am
Not sure if I qualify as a vet now, but I like both of the crit rules. I personally don't mind being punished for rolling a 1 when at disadvantage, it cuts both ways so its fair.
Sep 24, 2023 5:25 pm
These rules work for me. And I'm with Daryen on armor option #2. :)
Sep 24, 2023 5:36 pm
And, just to be clear, when you say "armor proficiency", it operates just like weapon proficiency and is acquired just like weapon proficiency. Is that correct?
Sep 24, 2023 6:09 pm
Yes, armor proficiency is like a weapon group proficiency. I am stating that light armor does not require proficiency. Skill in armor is the same are weapon proficiency and mastery.
Sep 24, 2023 7:36 pm
That's what I thought, but I didn't want to just assume. Thank you!

So, at the risk of repeating myself, I do like armor option #2. I think it works well.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.