Tiny Q&A

load previous
Sep 24, 2023 8:00 pm
I will leave this open for discussion for the rest of this week then put anonymous polls for each veteran thread on what they want to adopt. Any thread that unanimously approves an optional rule can then begin using it.
[ +- ] Current Proposed Optional Rules
Sep 24, 2023 11:37 pm
Two things:

1) Can we use Critical Success and Critical Failure? The should be used for any roll, so Hit and Miss seems too limiting.

2) I will not be a holdout on the Critical Failure/Miss. If everyone else wants it, I will change my vote.
Sep 25, 2023 12:46 am
Yeah, success/ fail is better
Jan 7, 2024 12:49 pm
Hello there, I seem to maybe have a problem with character creation. I can type something into the Heritage field and the HP field. But I can't select a heritage or traits. Am I missing a step or something?

Hope someone might be able to help?
Jan 7, 2024 2:12 pm
Yeah, it can be a little funky. The character sheet is only made to allow for quick edits like that in its base form. To actually add substatiative items, you will need to enter the base edit mode. To do that, you need to go to the full character page and click the little pencil in the far upper right corner of the screen. This lets you edit the underlying markup text. (I think it's XML.)
Jan 7, 2024 2:19 pm
daryen says:
Yeah, it can be a little funky. The character sheet is only made to allow for quick edits like that in its base form. To actually add substatiative items, you will need to enter the base edit mode. To do that, you need to go to the full character page and click the little pencil in the far upper right corner of the screen. This lets you edit the underlying markup text. (I think it's XML.)
Great thanks, that helped.
Jan 10, 2024 6:41 pm
There are several characters with ranged weapons and a few questions on their use has been brought up

Here are my rules on his I handle ranged weapons.

Basically
Ranged weapons require 2 actions to load and fire. The Rapidshot trait eliminates this so you can load and stack in 1 action.
You can't shoot anyone in melee range. Technically you can use your free maneuver to back up then shoot but if they are grabbing you you cannot attack with your ranged weapon.
Jan 10, 2024 8:33 pm
What in the name of Cthulu is the trait Bubbly? I can sort of figure out what everything else in your sample list does, Psybermagi, but I have no clue what Bubbly would do.
Jan 10, 2024 10:02 pm
Umm, hmmm, (making stuff up on the moment as I totally forgot what that is and why it is on the list) it is for snail-folk and allows them to create bubbles with their mucus to stay underwater for a very long time. Yeah that's it πŸ€”
Jan 10, 2024 10:14 pm
Psybermagi says:
Umm, hmmm, (making stuff up on the moment as I totally forgot what that is and why it is on the list) it is for snail-folk and allows them to create bubbles with their mucus to stay underwater for a very long time. Yeah that's it πŸ€”
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ Not disappointed
Last edited January 10, 2024 10:14 pm
Jan 22, 2024 7:18 am
Quote:
Not sure how many arrows I spent in this battle. Can I get any of them back?
We do not bother tracking ammunition in this game. So if you have a ranged weapon then just keep some ammunition and you are good.
Quote:
I am not sure how to add traits (or anything else for that matter) to my character sheet.
https://i.imgur.com/SFWhKEz.png
The character sheet has easily editable form fields (underlined text). Simply click on the text over this and it turns into an text edit box. The sections with a header and quill icon can be edited by clicking on the quill. In traits to add a new one just start a new line with the # symbole, enter a short title, and everything below that line until the next new line with a # will be compressed under the title. See the traits section for examples.
Jan 22, 2024 1:37 pm
Bunt says:
What in the name of Cthulu is the trait Bubbly?
I forgot where this had been asked. I answered it elsewhere, but just to make sure it is touched on where the question actually is, I'll give a quick answer here.

Bubbly is basically the same as Charismatic. I.e., you have a "bubbly personality".
Jan 22, 2024 2:16 pm
The first time I read it, it felt like it was something in that direction, yes

Then Psibermagi made something on the spot about a breathing-underwater trait, lol
Jan 22, 2024 2:37 pm
I do not have any Zine but did find that list way back when to populate my basic list as names only. So yeah I pulled that out of a hat :)
Jan 22, 2024 2:50 pm
The only reason I have all of the Compendiums is because they ran a Tiny D6 $1 sale around a year ago and I bought everything I didn't already have at the time. So now I can mine through them. πŸ™‚
Jan 23, 2024 9:41 pm
We the non-veteran players don't need to keep track of xp yet, do we?
Jan 23, 2024 9:45 pm
Check your character sheet - you should have 1xp
Jan 23, 2024 9:48 pm
I take the opportunity to ask: is Oliver's character sheet visible to you?
Jan 23, 2024 9:57 pm
Ander has been involved in a couple combats now, so he might have enough to pay attention to it. Oliver, Ishzu, and Grin likely do not have enough XP yet to worry about. But it doesn't take long to accumulate, so don't lose heart!

As for seeing the character sheets, I think the way it works is this. Go to the top toolbar for the website, and find "Characters". Select it and then select "All Characters". This will list all characters you have created on Gamers Plane. The top section is the list of characters. To the far right of this list are four icons: a gear, a pencil, a rectangle thing, and an X. Most likely your rectangle thing is gray. Click it to make it red like the other items. When you do that, everyone should be able to see the sheet.

EDIT: The only characters I can see are Blornvid and Ishzu. I can't see anyone else's.
Last edited January 23, 2024 10:00 pm
Jan 23, 2024 10:05 pm
You devil wizard you. That did the trick. There were TWO Olivers and only one was visible in the quick-selection (the wrong one). I've been accessing my character by clicking Oliver's picture in the chat all the time.

Not anymore :)

You should be able to see Oliver now
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.