The Base / New Paphos

load previous
May 9, 2024 1:38 am
OOC:
Sorry I've been quiet this week. I have been taking advantage of the downtime, and working to set up things for the deeper Underdark.

Skeeve has been running around trying to figure out if his map of the local matrix is any good. He is also talking to Phlan to see if he needs to go anywhere to get more things set up.

If I haven't said it already, he stops by Fiznik and returns the gem and tablet. He turns in the info he has found, too. He makes sure to look up his first two companions to see how they are doing. He says goodbye (for now) to Blornvid and takes him down to the node to send him off to the Manor. "Keep the manor safe and try out your backpack. Let me know what the tamer drinks I can manage are when I get back there! I hope to see a working forge and dwarves bar when I do get back!"
OOC:
I think Psybermagi said the Manor is a day's walk away from the Base, but we use the Matrix Node down in the nearby caverns to get there more quickly and safely. And you don't need to buy a house. We should have room in our Gatehouse at the Manor. Plus we have cool neighbors!
For Ealdwig's idea on getting communicators, too, he's all for it, though he is perennially short on cash from buying his magic supplies.
May 9, 2024 2:03 am
daryen says:
He says goodbye (for now) to Blornvid and takes him down to the node to send him off to the Manor. "Keep the manor safe and try out your backpack. Let me know what the tamer drinks I can manage are when I get back there! I hope to see a working forge and dwarves bar when I do get back!"
OOC:
I think Psybermagi said the Manor is a day's walk away from the Base, but we use the Matrix Node down in the nearby caverns to get there more quickly and safely. And you don't need to buy a house. We should have room in our Gatehouse at the Manor. Plus we have cool neighbors!
"Aye, I will, Skeeve. Make sure Ealdwig stays out of trouble," he says with a wink. After Skeeve has gotten the manor node dialed in, he grips Skeeve's forearm. "Take care, brother." And with that, he steps onto the node and disappears.
May 9, 2024 2:50 am
ForeverDED says:

"Aye, I will, Skeeve. Make sure Ealdwig stays out of trouble," he says with a wink. After Skeeve has gotten the manor node dialed in, he grips Skeeve's forearm. "Take care, brother." And with that, he steps onto the node and disappears.
Grin, appearing randomly at Skeeve’s elbow, says, "I wasn’t going to say anything… but that guy has the silkiest beard hair I have ever seen… Just INCREDIBLY smooth!" …he then melts back into the shadows, appearing in the Clerk’s office where the trio of underdarkers is getting ready to hold up the place.
Last edited May 9, 2024 2:51 am
May 9, 2024 3:28 am
OOC:
Most wound will heal with a single night of rest.

If there is anything in particular you want to look into during your down time put a list in your personal thread and I will answer questions and let you know what you learn
Quote:
Also, out of curiosity, how far is the Manor from the Base? And how much time does it usually take to walk there?
It is actually further than a days walk. It was a days travel before the Shattering with roads etc. It is somewhere to the NW
After leaving the administrators office the group that explored the western areas do receive a small reward along with your pay for the week. All told you get 20 gold (Skeeve, Ealdwig, Kaarik, Arc). The other team that explores the underdark will collect 10 gold (Grin, Oliver, Brewner) for the past week. (Bonus for underdark work to be set by @daryen). If you want to work for the scouts doing routine activities you will earn another 10 gold. If you spend the week doing personal research or other activities you get no pay but will still have room and board for the previous work.
May 9, 2024 3:40 am
ForeverDED says:
OOC:
Ha! Good luck Skeeve!
Quote:
All told you get 20 gold (Skeeve, Ealdwig, Kaarik, Arc)
OOC:
Is that each or total?
Last edited May 9, 2024 3:43 am
May 9, 2024 3:53 am
No worries Arc, I'll take care of it. I've been saving, he says with a smile and a wink. You get the first round at the Tavern. I think these fancy communicators will be more than valuable enough.
OOC:
Pay now or at pickup? 25gp for each so 50gp, correct?
Walking to the Tavern with Arc to meet the rest of the group, I think it'll be a good idea to get a little downtime. I haven't had much since I've gotten here.[b] Taking a beat to think about how long ago he got here. [b]Seems like I got off the ship a long time ago, but I don't think it's been all that long. Ealdwig, squints, tilts his head and says questioningly, less than a month, I think. Two weeks? He gives up trying to figure it out and smiles, well anyway, it hasn't been that long. But it certainly has been interesting and eventful.
May 9, 2024 4:33 am
OOC:
20 gold each. 1 week plus bonus. Standard scout wages is 1 gold a day, 10 day week. You work the week you get 2 days off.
May 9, 2024 5:44 am
It doesn't surprise me, I've just arrived and have not stop a minute. I'm happy to help, I'm not complaining. This is a good place to be!
Arriving at the tavern, they sit at a long table hoping others will join sooner or later. And Arc asks the lady a big mug of ale and some bread and cheese, and... What would you be drinking Ealdwig and Skeeve?
So, before I joined, what have you guys been doing? Blornvid mentioned a Manor but I haven't seen it yet.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.