Chapter 19 - This means war

load previous
Nov 20, 2022 9:26 am
OOC:
@Dunko let's have a Notice roll for Bev please, at -1 for the crowded, noisy conditions around the lake

Alana "Al" Patterson

bowlofspinach

Nov 20, 2022 9:31 am
OOC:
Oh no, this is getting even worse 😄
"Hm, maybe you're right," Al agrees. "But in that case, we need to be prepared for Solomon or Chet to be there. We need some weapon. And I don't think the Blastotron will cut it this time."
Alana "Al" Patterson
Nov 20, 2022 9:45 am
Logan blushes, and takes out a baseball bat from his backpack. "Yeah... Been carrying this with me, since... you know..." he admits, a little ashamed.
Nov 20, 2022 12:32 pm
I'm glad you figured out how to get out of the house without getting Alfred Hitchcocke'd.. Johnny said. I'd hate to be trapped inside all summer! He listened to the exchange between Logan and Alana quietly, a line of thought occupied his mind while they discussed a dure new turn of events.

I thought maybe Back had just waited until the Fulcrum generated something weird...like the Ajewia...and just followed up on the reports. he reasoned. Then maybe just knocked on the doors down the street sniffing around for It or signs of us. I think he found my Aunts' house and probably knew where it was when he saw Charlene. Not too many Indians in Gulf Haven, especially dead center of something weird happening. It wasn't out of the realm of possibility that the Fulcrum called to Black, as Logan reasoned, it was magic after all, and played by its own rules as far as the kids knew. Checking in on it couldn't hurt...neither would moving it. I hid it about this time yesterday so maybe we should move it every day?

Alana "Al" Patterson

bowlofspinach

Nov 20, 2022 1:02 pm
"My turn to hide it this time!" Al says, her mind already racing to think of a good spot. "Let's go!"
Alana "Al" Patterson
Nov 20, 2022 2:23 pm
"Your guess is as good as mine, Johnny. Yes, moving it every day is a great idea,, to be safe" he says in response. "That way, even if Solomon catches a sniff of the hiding place, what he looks for won't be there for long..."

He nods to Al, "I will have to ride with you on the bike, still on foot. But yeah, let's go take a look!"
Nov 20, 2022 4:47 pm
O.K., maybe it's too hot for the coat... Bev thinks as she wipes her forehead for the dozenth (?) time.

Still, she pushes on past the gathered families, scanning the trees, lake and sky.

Rolls

Notice * - (1d4-1, 1d6-1, RA)

1d4-1 : (1) - 1 = 0

1d6-1 : (2) - 1 = 1

Nov 20, 2022 5:42 pm
The Hunters set off from the Galleria Mall, in the general direction of Donner Lake, towards the outskirts of town.
Let me know if they stop anywhere, or if they pick up / buy anything along the way.
OOC:
Let's have a little fog of war! going in Notes mode for a while with Dunko, to prevent spoilers! @Dunko please respond in a Note to me. Johnny and Al, a little patience while we set the scene for you!
Dr_B sent a note to Dunko

Alana "Al" Patterson

bowlofspinach

Nov 20, 2022 5:45 pm
Alana "Al" Patterson
bowlofspinach sent a note to Dr_B,witchdoctor
Nov 20, 2022 6:49 pm
Nov 20, 2022 6:56 pm
Dr_B sent a note to bowlofspinach,witchdoctor
Nov 20, 2022 7:20 pm
Johnny packed up his sketchpad and supplies back into his backpack and followed the others, first to Alana's house and then to Logan's. As they headed out towards the Lake, Johnny brought up something that he'd been thinking about since they decided to move the Fulcrum. Hey, do you remember why we decided to let me keep it? he pulled up the sleeves of his loose checkered overshirt, revealing the still healing tattoos underneath. I thought with me being tattooed that Black wouldn't be able to see me or the Fulcrum.
I didn't keep it with me all the time but it was nearby and he still found it. Maybe we should put it in something that has the Ramon's ward on it and feed it blood when we move it. Maybe he won't be able to sense it then?
He felt kind of angry at Ramon for just dumping this on whoever found his scavenger hunt clues with no retard whatsoever for who they may be. The least he could've done was include instructions or tips on how to keep the thing out of Solomon Black's hands, what it could do or even how to effectively hide it.
OOC:
I was going to allude to not getting it wet, feeding it after midnight, etc...but Gremlins isn't due to arrive in theaters until a full year after MHC is set. Boo.
Nov 20, 2022 7:28 pm
Quote:
I was going to allude to not getting it wet, feeding it after midnight, etc...but Gremlins isn't due to arrive in theaters until a full year after MHC is set. Boo.
OOC:
Oh no, so no Ghostbusters either!
Nov 20, 2022 7:36 pm
OOC:
Considering the entire game so far has only covered like... two weeks(?) of in-universe time, I don't think we'll ever reach the release date for those movies in this game 😄
Nov 20, 2022 7:45 pm
Nov 20, 2022 7:52 pm
Dr_B sent a note to bowlofspinach,witchdoctor
Nov 20, 2022 11:30 pm
load next

Thread locked