GAME CHAT 4a: The Cannith Warehouse

load previous
Dec 9, 2022 3:02 pm
https://i.imgur.com/pS3IuMq.jpg Ovak throws open the heavy wooden doors with ease.  Two creatures the party quickly identify as Rust Monsters look at Ovak's chain shirt and Mordaky's chain mail with hungry eyes and scurry towards them.

Rolls

Rust Monsters Initiative - (1d20+1)

(12) + 1 = 13

Dec 9, 2022 3:08 pm
INITIATIVE ORDER
Dub-Dub 20
Ovak 13 (+2 Dex Modifier)
Rust Monsters 13 (+1 Dex Modifier)
Malbor 1

Mordaky still needs to roll initiative

Dub-Dub you may go ahead an take your turn.
Dec 9, 2022 3:28 pm
Mordaky see's the creature eying him and his tasty protective metal and he grumbles, but readies himself for combat.

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20+0)

(7) = 7

Dec 10, 2022 2:51 am
Dub-dub can feel a connection with the two beasts. Not wanting to harm them unless he has to, he leans on his quarterstaff like a cane and looks into their eyes. He whistles with a rattly, metallic quality to its sound, trying to get there attention.

As he begins to speak, the same clanky effect can be heard resonating in his calm voice.

"Aren’t you two a pair of beauties. You’re among friends here. Did those others lock you in? That was rude of them, wasn’t it?"
[ +- ] The Bigger They Are
[ +- ] Primal Connection
[ +- ] Animal Friendship
OOC:
Casting Animal Friendship at level two, hoping to charm both. DC 13 Intelligence save.
Dec 21, 2022 7:19 pm
OOC:
Honestly curious if the dice would have cooperated… RAW says rust monsters are int -4. Let’s see if Dub-dub made some friends.

Rolls

Rust monster 1 - (1d20-4)

(14) - 4 = 10

Rust monster 2 - (1d20-4)

(15) - 4 = 11

Dec 21, 2022 11:09 pm
OOC:
Problem is.. they are not beasts..
Dec 21, 2022 11:45 pm
OOC:
"The bigger they are" allows me to target monstrosities. Rust monsters are monstrosities. Don’t take this away from me, lol
Last edited December 21, 2022 11:47 pm
Jan 1, 2023 7:41 am
Dub-dub calms the two rust monsters, prying each of them a rusty hinge from the now open doors. As they chomp down, you get a chance to sneak past and descend down a set of stone stairs.

You hear Dub-dub chuckling aloud as he continues to play with the creatures.

https://i.imgur.com/Ma1SISn.jpg

Once to the bottom of the stairs, you round a corner and find an old crypt with a stone sarcophagus. The words: "What our dreams imagine, our hands create." are chiseled into stone plaques on each side.

The rest of the room is completely bare of any metal. The foul odour appears to have come from the monsters devouring any trace of iron within the chamber.
Jan 2, 2023 5:47 pm
"I am glad Dub-Dub was able to calm dey beasts down, dey would not have been fun to fight" Mordaky looked at the stone Sarcophagus. "Strange dey were locked in 'ere wit dis ya? Does dis phrase mean anything to anyone?"

You do not have permission to post in this thread.