GAME CHAT 4a: The Cannith Warehouse

Nov 13, 2022 4:51 am
https://i.imgur.com/VAMq7dN.jpg
A steel door hides behind dust and debris. "Cannith Warehouse 88" is barely legible through the filth. Upon closer inspection it looks like the door is locked.
Nov 23, 2022 3:44 am
OOC:
A one in four chance (roll of a 1) that the warehouse had been discovered.

Rolls

Warehouse discovered on the roll of a 1 - (1d4)

(1) = 1

Nov 23, 2022 3:55 am
The party arrives at the location of the warehouse. A distance away you notice what looks like another salvage crew exiting the warehouse. Four of this crew exit the warehouse carrying two brown sacks. They move with a sense of purpose meeting two more crew members waiting outside with horses. The total number of this crew so far is six with six horses.

At this moment this salvage crew has not noticed you are here yet.

(To clarify, you are far enough away that you are out of range for combat purposes)
Nov 23, 2022 10:02 am
Ovak says, This complicates matters. Can anyone here take out those horse that will be stealing our scavenge?
Nov 23, 2022 1:32 pm
"Dey only have a couple sacks, surely der is more inside?" Mordaky didn't have anything to really help with the horses, but moreso he wasn't sure he was itching for a fight. "...or if we could get closer I could throw my voice real loud, talk to dem as if an angry spirit. Tell dem to leave the sacks or be cursed?"
Nov 23, 2022 7:08 pm
Dub-dub hesitates at the idea of harming the horses, "I may be able to convince one of those beauties to listen to me. Maybe the rest will follow?"
OOC:
I’m looking to find the lead horse.

Rolls

Perception check - (1d20+5)

(14) + 5 = 19

Nov 24, 2022 5:15 am
Nictorah says:
Dub-dub hesitates at the idea of harming the horses, "I may be able to convince one of those beauties to listen to me. Maybe the rest will follow?"
OOC:
I’m looking to find the lead horse.
Dub Dub notices the lead horse.
Nov 24, 2022 5:16 am
The salavge crew mounts their horses.
Nov 25, 2022 3:45 am
Dub-dub’s sits staring wistfully at the lead horse, the faintest sounds of whinnying whisper through his lips. He seems to be lost in his own imagination.

"My my my, what a beautiful beast…", he says as he snaps out of it. "I think it’s a little too late for my plan…"

He looks about trying to remember a good place to set a trap. "Perhaps an ambush?"
[ +- ] Wanderer
OOC:
Warning noted and plan adjusted. Any good places for an ambush?
Last edited November 26, 2022 7:20 am
Nov 25, 2022 6:04 am
Ovak draws out her longbow and notches an arrow. She is watching to see what she needs to shoot if it comes to that.
Nov 26, 2022 2:44 am
Nictorah says:
Dub-dub quickly makes his way out into the path of the lead horse. As he approaches, he plays it up as if he’s a wandering lonely man.

"My my my, what beautiful beasts we have here. Very lovely indeed. Where in Eberron did you find such fine animals?"

As he gets close to the lead, he makes eye contact and whispers in the same primal tongue.
[ +- ] Primal Connection (Animal Friendship)
OOC:
DC 13 for the save
Before Dub-dub takes any actions against the salvage crew he notices they are very alert and on gaurd. He duduces that any actions that does not involve the group acting in stealthy manner will certainly be noticed. He also senses the group will be noticed soon if they continue to linger here watching.
OOC:
This is for clarification and feel free to alter your post or plans as needed before I post for the NPCs. If you want to do this without immediately rolling for Initiative there will need to be either Stealth or Deception involved. Stealth to move and/or act quietly. Deception to approach and engage in deceptive dialog to put them at ease without immediately provoking hostility by a stranger wandering up and beginning to cast a spell. Deception will be rolled at Disadvantage.
Nov 26, 2022 5:19 am
Stealth & INIT if needed

Rolls

Stealth, INIT - (1d20+4, 1d20+2)

1d20+4 : (17) + 4 = 21

1d20+2 : (11) + 2 = 13

Nov 26, 2022 2:10 pm
OOC:
Mordaky is not a stealthy boy, but he would do his best not to ruin the plan!

Rolls

Stealth - (1d20+0)

(14) = 14

Nov 27, 2022 6:58 pm
Malbor senses the developing confrontation and moves stealthily into a position within striking distance (60') of the other group.

Rolls

Stealth - (1d20+5)

(19) + 5 = 24

Initiative - (1d20+0)

(9) = 9

Nov 28, 2022 5:32 pm
Fredo follows suit with his companions.

Rolls

Stealth - (1d20+2)

(15) + 2 = 17

Initiative - (1d20+2)

(12) + 2 = 14

Dec 1, 2022 3:41 am
OOC:
The party rolled pretty good on Stealth let's see if the Salvage Crew gets lucky....

Rolls

Salvage Crew Perception Check - (1d20)

(19) = 19

Dec 1, 2022 4:01 am
Salvage Crew
Spots Mordaky and Fredo. He looks over at his companions, whistles and yells, "Looks like we got company boys, let's get outta here!"
OOC:
You are 90 feet away at this point. If you choose to let them go you are not in combat. If you choose to fight or pursue them you are in combat. I went ahead and rolled initiative just in case the pursuit or combat option was chosen.

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20)

(10) = 10

Dec 2, 2022 9:49 pm
Ganesh sent a note to _Tripp__
Dec 4, 2022 2:20 am
Ganesh says:
_Tripp__ sent a note to _Tripp__
OOC:
1. Nope, not unless you have 60ft of movement speed and can still act.

2. Yes! If you can Persuade or use Deception (both at Disadvantage) to get them to stop fleeing you could use Subtle Spell with automatically initiating combat by trying to cast the spell.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.