Character Creation

load previous
Jan 31, 2024 4:36 pm
If that helps
- Only our Rogue/Druid prefer melee, more melee is welcome
- I've roller 14 as best score, so my Sorcerer is a poor party face rolling terrible skill checks and decision making skills appropriate for a goblin (and he is one). Not to mention lot of NPCs have default attitude to goblin ever worse that to Monstrosity or a Manufactured creature. Bottom line: if anyone want to make Cha based PC to be party face, I will welcome that
- Scout/sneak/perception roller roles are occupied I believe
- I don't believe we ever needed one, but we currently lack a PC with good Athletics to jump/climb/break doors/etc. Who knows, we may need one.

P.S. I've also occupied the roles of coward, dumb idea implementer and the mistrustful. LOL
Jan 31, 2024 8:27 pm
Hey if you want to build a monk, I got no problem with that, I can come up with a character that can be the charismatic one of the group. Haven't played a bard in a long time so this should be fun!

Just to be specific, what race & classes are we already working with?
Last edited January 31, 2024 9:06 pm
Feb 1, 2024 12:42 am
I was thinking of doing a Str based Monk but I don't know how Good it would be.

Maybe a Str Based Fighter with the Unarmed Fighting style. Thinking maybe Battle Master.
Thinking Harengon, Hobgoblin, or Dwarf (Hill)
Working on building it now.
Last edited February 1, 2024 12:54 am
Feb 1, 2024 8:40 pm
Alright, got my Eloquent Bard made and submitted!
Feb 1, 2024 9:21 pm
Can you wear a phantom of the Opera style mask so as not to ruin the warforged, goblin, thri-kreen monster motif of the party? ๐Ÿ˜ˆ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ˆ
Feb 1, 2024 9:50 pm
Monster party. Rabbitfolk or hobgoblin then?
Feb 1, 2024 10:13 pm
Just happened on chance and it's come up a couple times.
Maybe changeling? Then your can go pretty or ugly on a whim ๐Ÿ˜

It's all you. Just making your aware of our social uniqueness
Last edited February 1, 2024 10:15 pm
Feb 2, 2024 7:44 pm
Both have been accepted ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ anyone if you originals want to use your downtime on something or should we just slowly move on to the next module?
Feb 2, 2024 10:40 pm
@Sassafras
Is the Giant Foundling Feat Ok?

Giant Foundling
BGG
p6
Skill Proficiencies: Intimidation, Survival

Languages: Giant and one other language of your choice

Equipment: A backpack, a set of traveler's clothes, a small stone or sprig that reminds you of home, and a pouch containing 10 gp

Origin Stories
How you came to live among colossal creatures is up to you to determine, but the Foundling Origin table suggests a variety of possibilities.

Foundling Origin
d6 Origin
1 You were found as a baby by a family of nomadic giants who raised you as one of their own.
2 A family of stone giants rescued you when you fell into a mountain chasm, and you have lived with them underground ever since.
3 You were lost or abandoned as a child in a jungle that teemed with ravenous dinosaurs. There, you found an equally lost frost giant; together, you survived.
4 Your farm was crushed and your family killed in a battle between warring groups of giants. Racked with guilt over the destruction, a sympathetic giant soldier promised to care for you.
5 After you had a series of strange dreams as a child, your superstitious parents sent you to study with a powerful but aloof storm giant oracle.
6 While playing hide-and-seek with your friends, you stumbled into the castle of a cloud giant, who immediately adopted you.
Building a Giant Foundling Character
Your life among giants has given you a unique perspective. Though you are unusually large for your kind, you're no larger than a giant child, so you might be very mindful of your size.

Feature: Strike of the Giants
You gain the
[ +- ] Strike of the Giants
Suggested Characteristics
The Giant Foundling Personality Traits table suggests a variety of traits you might adopt for your character.

d6 Personality Trait
1 What I lack in stature compared to giants, I make up for with sheer spite.
2 I insist on being taken seriously as a full-grown adult. Nobody talks down to me!
3 Crowded spaces make me uncomfortable. I'd much rather be in an open field than a bustling tavern.
4 I embrace my shorter stature. It helps me stay unnoticedโ€”and underestimated.
5 Every avalanche begins as a single pebble.
6 The world always feels too big, and I'm afraid I'll never find my place in it.
Feb 4, 2024 2:18 am
Pierce would continue working on his pistol during downtime.
Feb 5, 2024 7:54 pm
Nope, don't need any downtime myself and am good to move on.
Feb 5, 2024 8:23 pm
@Smiley

Yeah, Iโ€™ll allow that
Feb 6, 2024 1:58 am
I should be done with my character.
Let me know if you need anything else.
Feb 6, 2024 8:33 pm
It looks good. Maybe you guys would like to write a little bit about your characters in the backstory thread, but thatโ€™s up to you :)

You do not have permission to post in this thread.