OOC Chat

load previous
Jun 10, 2023 12:22 pm
Nope.
We actually don't have a driver anymore.
Jun 10, 2023 2:57 pm
Then I will amend my post and assume that position for now, despite not being too well versed in it.
Jun 10, 2023 3:55 pm
An easy plodding should be ok, no chariot races 😁
Last edited June 10, 2023 4:17 pm
Jun 15, 2023 1:17 pm
GreyWord says:
Sounds like story rails lead us to the island, but honestly I don't understand why would we need to put so much effort to meet a another mad survivor when we know that attacks are happening right here.
I simply view it as a narrative tool to help speed up the search from a large area to a specific over
Jun 15, 2023 5:57 pm
These are all fairly short modules that for the most part has a clear beginning, middle and end. While I encourage you to deal with everything the way you want to, if you plan on sticking to the given quests then there will be some "rails"
Jun 15, 2023 6:01 pm
Sounds fair. If we were playing an underdark module and never went underground I would expect much to happen 😁
Jun 15, 2023 6:06 pm
Actually... I was not complaining about the tools used to put us on rails, I was instead expecting those tools to be more convincing. As a player I believe going to island is where most exciting story opportunity will be. As a PC ... well I need to works as a player to convince my PC to do so :) I hope you understand what I mean
Jun 15, 2023 6:13 pm
Sassafras says:
he would be where we encountered him
Could you clarify - didn't they encounter ferryman on the "opposite coast from Phlan" ? That's exactly my worry.
Or am I misunderstanding something?
Jun 17, 2023 5:24 pm
No, they were travelling from a city on the coast opposite of Phlan. On the way they passed several of the attacked villages/houses and THEN passed the ferryman. Does that make sense? English isn’t my native language, so I may phrase things poorly from time to time
Jul 4, 2023 10:45 am
Can we talk our PC plans OOC?
What do we do? The man is susp., but is he the boss, a minion or just a commoner under mind control? Do we hide and wait, do we try to intimidate the "survivor" to get some more info from him? Any other ideas?
Jul 4, 2023 2:11 pm
letting him think you all left isn't a bad idea. Attacking and capturing him would also work. The first poses more risk to the villagers but the second may result in less information. Either way Chitkree will want to scout the area while in disguise.
Jul 5, 2023 11:47 am
Okay, I'll do a quick poll to see which option you'd prefer to go with.

How do you prefer to proceed? Public

Shadow the man
Confront the man
Jul 5, 2023 8:43 pm
I'm good to play dumb, ask a few more questions to others on the island, and then lead a "evacuation" effort whilst my more stealthy companions tail the guy.
Jul 6, 2023 11:54 am
Super, I'll make a group stealth check for the remaining party members in the village and take it from there.
Jul 19, 2023 7:11 pm
On initiative are we going in strict order or is it groups of players before and after bad guys?
Jul 19, 2023 7:42 pm
I do shared initiatives in the sense that in this case both players rolled higher than the enemy, so it goes:

PC
PC
Enemy

If he had rolled higher than one of you it’d had been

PC
Enemy
PC

Any PC can go in a PC slot, but of course if it’s broken by an NPC’s turn, whoever doesn’t post initially would have to wait…does that make sense? I’m lacking a bit of sleep
Jul 19, 2023 7:45 pm
Yes, that's exactly what I needed. Thanks!
Jul 29, 2023 2:18 am
FYI : I will be on vacation next Monday through Wednesday and likely unable to post
Jul 29, 2023 5:12 am
Have fun!!
Jul 29, 2023 7:21 pm
Could someone clarify me the story?
I understand we all gathered in the middle of the village when
Quote:
swirl of fog unaffected by the storm approach the boat landing
Did Chitkree fight the crazy man before or after than in the girl's ex-house. Does pierce and Augustine leave Zrukz alone in the middle of the village a moment after Chitkree leaves to check out the house alone? If they does - are there anyone around Zrukz as he wouldn't be able to keep quiet :).
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.