OOC Chat

Dec 15, 2022 11:44 am
How do you guys prefer to do OOC? On here or on Discord? There's something to the speed of Discord, however it only really works if everyone uses it
Dec 15, 2022 1:36 pm
Here is fine for me. I never got into Discord, personally. I'm also never really in a hurry.
Last edited December 15, 2022 1:36 pm
Dec 15, 2022 1:46 pm
Sweet, then we'll just keep it here :)
Dec 15, 2022 2:02 pm
Here is fine, especially since this is a daily game. One less place/thing to keep track of.
Howdy MaJunior
I like the name @Sassafras. It make me chuckle. Just a fun word
Dec 15, 2022 2:07 pm
Hey @Psybermagi! Awesome that you're here too!

Random question, only because I'm juggling a bunch of character ideas, but are you allowing firearms (per the DMG) for the campaign?
Dec 15, 2022 2:10 pm
Do you do group rolls where as long as half succeed they help the others?
How about a Passive @ disadvantage (5+ proficiency bonus) as a basic level of perception/insight?
OOC:
Sigh, worth a shot but i doubt the DC is that low
Last edited December 15, 2022 2:11 pm

Rolls

Persuasion - (1d20+2)

(7) + 2 = 9

Dec 15, 2022 2:27 pm
@Psybermagi

Brought it here to not clog up the character creation thread...

If you really want to fill in gaps in the party, you might wait to see what the others settle on. That way we know where the gaps are.

Outside of that...

Paladin/Celestial Warlock.
Big single target damage, healing, support, magical support, and tanky. Got some of almost everything in one package.
Dec 15, 2022 3:55 pm
MaJunior says:
Hey @Psybermagi! Awesome that you're here too!

Random question, only because I'm juggling a bunch of character ideas, but are you allowing firearms (per the DMG) for the campaign?
In general no, but if you really want to be a gunslinger or something like that, I’m not hardline against it.
Psybermagi says:
Do you do group rolls where as long as half succeed they help the others?
How about a Passive @ disadvantage (5+ proficiency bonus) as a basic level of perception/insight?
OOC:
Sigh, worth a shot but i doubt the DC is that low
Wait, what are you rolling for? 😅
I might do group rolls at certain points
Dec 15, 2022 5:11 pm
I was considering an Artificer who used firearms if you'd allow it.

But... it is entirely your call.

I have easily a dozen character ideas floating around in my noggin, so if you'd rather not go the guns route that's perfectly fine. (I'm not trying to push you into anything you're hesitant or uncomfortable with.)
Dec 15, 2022 5:21 pm
No, I think it makes sense than an artificer could build a prototype gun, so I’ll allow it
Dec 15, 2022 5:29 pm
Alrighty, then I'll run with it. Thank you.

Let it be said: Once I get my character submitted if there's anything you're not comfortable with, I have no problem changing things around to fit your game -- even if it's a new build from the ground up.
Dec 15, 2022 5:34 pm
That’s cool. As long as the characters make somewhat sense and aren’t game breaking then I’m pretty large when it comes to character creation. You guys are the ones that need to connect with them the most after all
Dec 15, 2022 6:20 pm
I have a Thri-Kreen rogue from a game that died. But like I said I'm ok with another role of someone really wants to go rogue
Dec 15, 2022 6:25 pm
I'm sorry, another sort of random question:

Strixhaven as a setting has a rather... unique... place in the DnD setting. It's Magic the Gathering, but also presented as more DnD as opposed to say... Mythic Odysseys of Theros.

Would the Initiate feats backgrounds be acceptable?
Last edited December 15, 2022 6:45 pm
Dec 15, 2022 8:24 pm
I haven’t played Strixhaven, but at a cursory glance I guess it’s fine. As long as you can shape it to fit with the setting and the gods of the Forgotten Realm
Dec 15, 2022 8:38 pm
I was thinking of using it as more of just a formalized magical school. It doesn't have to be Strixhaven, specifically. Just an institution of higher learning.

For artificers, it would be sort of a magical engineering school, if you will. Lol

That shouldn't be too hard to adapt to Forgotten Realms or anything.
Last edited December 15, 2022 8:39 pm
Dec 16, 2022 4:02 am
Happy to be part of this campaign! It's going to be exciting creating a new character. That's probably one of my favorite parts of playing D&D. In all honesty, I've always had a monk character concept in mind for ages. I absolutely adore really trying to get into the character's mind and try my best to form emotional and dramatic arcs (even though it's just a game - but alas it is ROLEPLAY!) So, if it's cool to throw out some background history for this character, I'd really appreciate some feedback! Looking forward to playing with everyone!
Dec 16, 2022 4:44 am
Awesome, glad to have you on board. I’m going to make a thread for character backgrounds as well. It’s always good to get an idea of who you’re playing.
Dec 16, 2022 5:52 pm
At the moment, I am planning on a human Battle Master fighter.
Dec 16, 2022 6:06 pm
Sweet, so we have a rogue, and then three leaning towards monk, fighter and artificer
Dec 16, 2022 6:30 pm
I plan on multi-classing to druid
I haven't played with a 5e monk and want to be clear on their role. It seems to me they are a skirmisher combat variant. Is that about correct?
Dec 16, 2022 6:48 pm
Monks are pretty rad. They can use ki points to do a whole bunch of stuff depending on their chosen order. They are pretty much frontliners
Dec 16, 2022 7:52 pm
Monks are fun, but I wouldn't call them front-liners. Their HD isn't great, and ki points have a unique problem with being too scarce at early levels but by the time you hit 10-12 you generally have more than you need.

They don't put up Big Damage Numbers though.

Their skills are ridiculously versatile though as they gain levels.
Dec 16, 2022 8:02 pm
I agree that they're a bit squishy, especially compared to the more standard ones. But they're not really long range fighters either. They need to be up close to use flurry of blows and stunning strike (although that comes later). I agree that they're difficult in the early levels though.
Dec 16, 2022 8:11 pm
I had a short run with a monk, not enough for a full analysis, but he took human and used his feet to get the bare hands fighting style for extra damage at low levels. It seemed a bit silly that a bar room brawler could do more damage than a trained martial artist.
Dec 16, 2022 8:24 pm
Monk damage die starts low, but they get more attacks and their unarmed attacks aren't strength dependant. A bar room brawler does more damage per attack, but monks get more attacks.

Monks do need to be up close, but they excell at weaving in and out of combat, using a ki point to disengage when they have to. They're versatile, and highly mobile. Assuming you use flanking rules, they easily use their mobility to help others get advantage or proc sneak attacks.

I'm personally partial to Astral Self, but Mercy is generally considered the strongest/best Monk subclass (and is a very unique healer option).
Dec 17, 2022 2:52 am
OK, I have submitted my character Griffin, a human fighter with aspirations of becoming a Battle Master one day.
Dec 17, 2022 5:21 pm
Pierce is submitted.

All the important stuff on the sheet is done, I just have boring old typing to do -- but nothing that would keep him from being useable. Just stuff like typing out the spell descriptions so I don't need to check the book every time I want to cast something.
Dec 17, 2022 7:08 pm
I have a spell sheet you can copy from for spells if needed
Dec 18, 2022 2:47 am
Are non standard CR 0 beasts allowed as familiars? Ex Tressym, Flying Monkey, Cranium Rat, Almiraj
Dec 18, 2022 5:10 am
Yeah, I reckon that’d be alright.
Dec 19, 2022 1:42 am
Submitted Urzog! Ready to rock and roll.
Dec 19, 2022 4:45 am
Awesome. We just need Ryan’s sheet and then we’re good to go
Dec 21, 2022 5:22 am
Just a heads up, I’ve removed the last player as he hasn’t responded to anything since Friday. Normally it will take longer for me to drop a player, however since we haven’t even started yet and the fact that he was a new member with only 2 posts overall to his name, I made a judgment call on this one after giving him fair warning in a PM. I’ll be inviting another player today and then we can hopefully get going.
Dec 21, 2022 5:44 am
That seems fair.
Dec 21, 2022 6:34 am
MaJunior says:
That seems fair.
I agree.
Dec 21, 2022 6:28 pm
The first game thread is up, so we can slowly start with your character introductions. A quick note on XP. Normally you will get it after each module, however the first module actually consists of 5 mini adventures, so for the first one you will get XP after each of those
Dec 22, 2022 8:26 pm
Seriously, is Chitkree going to have to be the backup melee combatant? Little ol me? Sigh
Dec 22, 2022 8:31 pm
Yeah, you’re probably third in line after Griffin and Urzog
Dec 22, 2022 8:32 pm
Psybermagi says:
Seriously, is Chitkree going to have to be the backup melee combatant? Little ol me? Sigh
Maybe. Lol

In my defense, I usually play melee characters or melee-focused gishes. A ranged build or two is a huge departure for me.
Dec 22, 2022 8:53 pm
I can handle third. I will be the middle "bug"
We had a party with a sorcerer who ran in back at the beginning of the campaign. 2 ambushes at the rear after a frontal distractions cured him of that 😂
Dec 22, 2022 8:55 pm
😂

Otherwise a TPK within the first module is a pretty memorable start to this whole project 😅
Dec 22, 2022 8:56 pm
As long as a TPK is a good comedy of errors and dice roller spite... I'm all for it. 🤣
Dec 22, 2022 9:10 pm
You also don’t really have any heals if I’m not mistaken

*makes a note to introduce the store Mike’s Bargain Potions soon*
Dec 22, 2022 9:21 pm
WHAT, not paladin, cleric, nothing? Is it too lake to make Zrukz a celestial sorcerer? Good thing I plan to multiclas as Druid. Now all we have to do is survive level 1. No worries!
I am sure everyone has 50 GP or a healing potion as part of their starting gear? Or, someone has the Healer feat, right? Griffin, the human fighter, he must be our healer. I'm sure of it.
Last edited December 22, 2022 9:24 pm
Dec 23, 2022 2:06 am
If you stab the enemy fast enough, you don't need a healer.
Dec 23, 2022 2:15 am
"Call a cleric!

But not for me!!"
Dec 23, 2022 2:48 am
Note to self, stay behind the fighter, or out of reach
Dec 24, 2022 10:44 am
Merry christmas/happy holidays to all of you!
Dec 25, 2022 8:14 pm
Merry Christmas!
Dec 25, 2022 9:48 pm
Merry Christmas, happy holidays!
Dec 27, 2022 8:56 pm
When its a 50-50 chance you just have to brazen through.
Dec 27, 2022 8:58 pm
Agreed.
Dec 27, 2022 10:11 pm
Anyone with a Charisma score want to try and talk our way out of this?
Dec 27, 2022 10:19 pm
Pierce has a 12 charisma, and is not proficient in any social skills. I was looking to play up the "doesn't quite fit in, learning how people behave" trope a bit. He's three years old. 🤷
Dec 27, 2022 11:54 pm
Damn, and that’s because the rolls were high before. The dice gods betray me lol.
Dec 28, 2022 12:26 am
I can't believe you tried it with only a +1!! 🤣🤣
Dec 28, 2022 12:41 am
Shoot for the stars, my friend. Shoot for the stars!
Dec 28, 2022 12:49 am
So, who should I shoot first? Lol
Dec 28, 2022 12:56 am
we are doing so well, yeah!
Dec 28, 2022 7:17 am
Well my PC has Cha as his highest stat and is proficient in both persuasion and deception, but
1. My PC has been specifically told to keep his mouth shut
2. I would like to see DM narrate result of the last 2 fails before I risk making it even worse with more lies
Dec 28, 2022 5:25 pm
What is with the dice rolls. 1,2,3??? Argh!
Sorry about jumping the gun but this seemed the best way to at least attempt the Pin Placing mission objective
Last edited December 28, 2022 5:38 pm
Dec 28, 2022 5:26 pm
"'Get her,' Ray?"
Dec 30, 2022 3:51 pm
MaJunior says:
OOC:
Psybermagi Remember, he doesn't use flanking.
Yeah, my bad thanks for pointing it out @MaJunior
Dec 30, 2022 4:02 pm
Happy to help.
Dec 30, 2022 4:15 pm
Lucky that the thug’s AC was 11 😅
Dec 30, 2022 7:00 pm
Who need luck when you look this good
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/a3/5a/a6/a35aa684f1ea1c4a95f2cffc7948487f--eye-color-praying-mantis.jpg
Plus 4 arms help
Last edited December 30, 2022 7:00 pm
Jan 3, 2023 12:05 am
Apologies for going AWOL during the holidays. Unexpected houseguests and hospitalizations put a wrench in things.
Jan 3, 2023 12:19 am
No worries. Holidays are season for fun, family, cooking, chaos, eating, enervation, and erratic behavior. Don't forget taxes are coming. All is well. LoL
Last edited January 3, 2023 5:47 am
Jan 3, 2023 4:45 am
Absolutely no worries, the Christmas period can be hectic at the best of times. I hope everything is better for you now
Jan 5, 2023 7:57 am
I have a map up, but there was issues generating all the tokens, so for now only Chitkree and Urzog got a picture token. Hopefully it'll work later and I can replace the last three
Jan 5, 2023 2:41 pm
Mine's fine as is. It almost seems more fitting this way. 😂
Jan 5, 2023 4:03 pm
Griffin, you can also take your turn. Chitkree will act after the skeletons regardless. Completely forgot about the added range of your glaive though
Jan 5, 2023 4:34 pm
One day Urzog will manage to get both attacks to hit…one day!
Jan 5, 2023 5:10 pm
Cluuuutch move by Zrukz
Jan 6, 2023 1:34 am
I forgot that rapiers are not light, only finess, so if it is OK with you, @Sassafras, I will swap out my rapier for a short sword to keep two weapon fighing
Jan 6, 2023 5:05 am
Yeah, that’s fine. It’s a bit weird that rapier isn’t a light weapon considering it’s as heavy as a shortsword and lighter than a scimitar. But I guess it’s just a damage output thing
Jan 6, 2023 2:13 pm
Chitkree has limited knowledge in this area
However I would not add random stuff to an unknown formulae. Just get rid of the required agent. Dump them separately
Jan 6, 2023 4:22 pm
Nobody said anything about it being random.
Jan 6, 2023 4:25 pm
What are evil, necromantic formulas for if not messing with it?

https://www.mobygames.com/images/shots/l/528206-dragon-s-lair-atari-st-screenshot-i-would-never-drink-anything.png
Jan 6, 2023 4:36 pm
😂🤣😂🤣
Jan 6, 2023 5:59 pm
I also love the idea of it being the warforged with resistance to poison and advantage to poison con saves, that is trying to spoil it without accidentally creating mustard gas. "Does this smell strange to you?"
Jan 6, 2023 6:15 pm
who needs resistance when you have mage hand and spare skeleton bones to pull all over the place?
just stay away from the goblin trying to solve problems the smart way :)
Jan 6, 2023 11:00 pm
Well when i saw "adding agents outside of the formula to the cauldron" I had images of the resutl looking something like a Looney Tunes exposions.
Jan 6, 2023 11:01 pm
Only if he rolls really poorly, but he probably won’t…probably…
Jan 6, 2023 11:03 pm
Quote:
just stay away from the goblin trying to solve problems the smart way :)
you mean the one who thought it a great idea to jump on the big metaphorical X marks the spot under the anvil? I mean throne and sword.
It keeps thing moving at least and the DM did imply we may be rerolling characters. just wasnt expecting to to be so soon. LoL
Jan 7, 2023 11:16 am
are we doing a grid-based combat now? How does diagonal movement is measured if we do.
It looks like it is DMG version - "the first diagonal square counts as 5 feet, but the second diagonal square counts as 10 feet." is that right?
Jan 7, 2023 12:15 pm
It was a grid in the last combat as well 🤷‍♂️ usually I tend to operate with the default rules of it being 5 ft regardless. It’s simpler and not particularly game breaking (even if there is a whole geometrical reason for the 5-10-5-10 to be more accurate)
Jan 7, 2023 12:26 pm
Honestly, the 5-10-5-10 thing never made sense.

I can cover thirty feet in a straight line if I walk at 90 degree angles, but only 2/3 that if I walk at a 45 degree angle?
Jan 7, 2023 12:56 pm
I counted some zombies moved 7 squares with two diagonal movements, which perfectly fit 5-10-5-10. That's why guess.
I'm more than happy with 5 ft regardless

P.S. Well, you know - I have master degree from math/physics faculty and 5-10-5-10 makes most sense and seems natural, but I know it is not normal to have a mindset of mine :)
Jan 7, 2023 2:54 pm
I think that was probably just a miscount 😅 I just know there’ll be more mistakes on my part if I implemented the other method, so I’ll just keep it simple
Jan 7, 2023 4:15 pm
Simple is good. Six squares is six squares.
Jan 7, 2023 4:47 pm
YESSSS! Those are the rolls I’ve been waiting for!
Jan 7, 2023 4:49 pm
HeavyDuty03 says:
YESSSS! Those are the rolls I’ve been waiting for!
Praise RNGesus!! 🤣
Jan 9, 2023 5:10 am
Now THAT’S A LOT OF DAMAGE.
Jan 9, 2023 5:37 am
The crazy thing was that it was still succeeding in its con save if it hadn’t been for Zrukz’s spell. Can’t believe how well they’ve rolled those
Jan 9, 2023 6:04 am
Chitkree may seriously developed mental trauma and just keep stabbing things. Just die already.
Or invest in a chill touch charm for his blades.
I was thinking of going to the college of Whithetbloom. The attst of life and death wood appeal to the hunter mentality. Plus getting Chill Touch and Spare the Dying could've been nice but I thought Mage Hand and Guidance might be more useful. Sigh!
Jan 9, 2023 7:04 am
You just need to get some radiant damage for your weapons, then they're no sweat xD maybe invest in holy water or something
Jan 9, 2023 7:36 am
Just change the DM's dice :). Last time I used zombies as DM none of then ever passed the con save, so I was disappointed my players never had to learn zombies has the trait. Besides in AL those may have been the only zombies we faced ever, I want to believe their stories are versatile.
P.S. Paladin fist level spell Divine Favor is also a solution.
Jan 9, 2023 12:23 pm
Hah! Crit damage! You are staying down his time!
Jan 9, 2023 12:33 pm
Nice! They are done and dusted.
Jan 9, 2023 12:49 pm
Hmm. Paladin rogue sounds interesting
Oath of Vengeance and assassin riding a nightmare (esk) steed
While mounted do they always get sneak attack as their steed is an ally?
The dark knight
Lol
Last edited January 9, 2023 12:57 pm
Jan 9, 2023 1:59 pm
I am wondering if I can use the sight from Tikcha to establish telepathic comunication with others that he can see but I can not.
"as an action, you can see through your familiar's eyes"
[ +- ] Find Familiar ( 1st Wiz)
"You have the magical ability to transmit your thoughts mentally to willing creatures you can see within 120 feet"
[ +- ] Thri-kreen Telepathy 120'
Jan 9, 2023 2:16 pm
Aaaah, okay. In that way. Hmm, that is a good question. I'll say yeah, since you can telepathically communicate with multiple creatures and since you can see through Tikcha's eyes (and since that link is within the 120 ft range anyway), then I suppose you'd be able to transmit your thoughts to the people Tikcha can see.
Jan 9, 2023 4:10 pm
I agree with your assessment. It is common to cast spells requiring sight using the familiar to scout ahead. The trick is to distinguish between effects where seeing the target is enough vs those requiring line of sight from the caster.
Jan 9, 2023 10:18 pm
Can't wait to see narrative for my nat 1, lol. Goblin throwing a sword deserve it
Jan 11, 2023 11:51 am
Should I make a shared treasure thread? Just to make sure you keep track of potions, scrolls etc.
Jan 11, 2023 12:46 pm
Sure that works
Jan 12, 2023 3:09 pm
A random question. How do you guys feel about in game death? How hardcore do you want me to be about resurrection etc?
Jan 12, 2023 4:35 pm
I'm not opposed to in game death. I'm not a fan of losing a character because of a random really bad roll (or a random really good roll for the DM), but death due to bad choices, or big story moments, things like that are fine.

Dying while we fight the Lich is cool. Even dying fighting the undead hordes protecting the Lich is great. If I badmouth the king in his court and he orders my execution? I have that coming.

Dying because I missed an Athletics test by 2 points while crossing some hindering terrain, and ending up dead? That might leave a bad taste.

But... all that being said... as long as I know the lethality of the game ahead of time (it can affect how I play), it takes the sting off.
Jan 12, 2023 5:23 pm
Mostly agree with MaJunior. Anyhow my own detailed opinion below
[ +- ] How I feel about
[ +- ] How hardcore do I want?
Jan 12, 2023 8:49 pm
I can generally get in line with that. I’m not gonna completely rule out deaths due to bad dice rolls, not even bad skill rolls, but I will always try to be as fair as possible in that regard.

How do you guys feel about resurrections? Here I’m not talking so much about someone in the party getting the ability to resurrect, but more about paying for the service
Jan 12, 2023 9:23 pm
I always figured it was just a service temples offered if they had a cleric of high enough level. Temples have to make money somehow, and spell casting services is probably the easiest.
Jan 12, 2023 11:21 pm
In line with the others on death. Basicaly if a stupid roll or random effect kills someone then perhaps that would be a good time to succeed at a cost. IE you dont die but are unconcious and have a serious wound, lost limb, etc.
I figure Resurection is a game/setting thing. I typically am for it and it exists in the games I run and play in but just because it exists does not make it common. We have used things lilke imposed quests for temples for each resurrection.
Well, at 1st level with our current income there is not way to afford resurrection. Even revivify @ 300GP minimum is outside our reach.
Last edited January 13, 2023 3:10 am
Jan 13, 2023 2:42 pm
That's cool. I propose we'll run with (more or less) the official AL rules on it
[ +- ] AL Rules on death
As mentioned, I can't completely rule out "random" deaths during combat or something similar. I do feel like there needs to be some sort of risk involved, otherwise things like death saving throws or critical skill checks/saving throws kind of lose meaning. But above all else everyone should have fun, so I'll be as fair as possible with these things, I don't want anyone to feel cheated.
Jan 15, 2023 4:25 pm
Sorry for not posting. I just find this third scenario so contrived and outside Griffin's skill set that I really have no idea how to contribute.
Jan 15, 2023 4:41 pm
Honestly, this mission was always the one I was coldest on. It’s a scenario that works okay at the table, but on pbp it’s a little tricky. And the puzzle itself is either glaringly obvious or incredibly difficult based on the information you manage to get. On the bright side it is theoretically quite short.

Do you guys want some hints or do you prefer to skip it altogether? Or how do the rest of you feel?
Jan 15, 2023 4:44 pm
just go with "I just wanna beat people up right now" and start a drunken brawl so I can use that time to search everyone. This applies multiple skill sets and belief systems. Violence, Deceptions, Upholding Peace and Safety, Might Makes Right, Protect the Little Guy. LOL

If your character would sit out then do that. You can always be the Commentator and jut sit back at the table watching all this crazy comtion and point out everything we do wrong. People get paid to do that stuff all the time.
Jan 15, 2023 5:22 pm
Griffin starts a twitch channel
Jan 15, 2023 5:33 pm
I believe we should simply do what we were asked to do
Quote:
split up and talk to anyone who looks suspicious
Maybe we should do some OOC brainstorming on how to proceed to make story compelling and avoid what we were warned about
Quote:
the possessor of the item might set it off
Jan 15, 2023 5:37 pm
Ups. I posted before reading the latest events. Disregard my previous post.
Brute force has always been a solution in 5e :)
Jan 15, 2023 11:21 pm
I’ll be making a post later today! Just been busy so far this afternoon.
Jan 20, 2023 12:52 am
Not trying to hold up the party. Just exploring options. We can sideline or skip the tooth is needed.
Jan 20, 2023 9:53 am
During the downtime could I purchase spell component:
a diamond worth at least 50 gp
Would it cost me exactly 50 gp or more?

P.S. I think my PC's Aberrant mind after experiencing the last encounter come up with his own version - learning Chromatic Orb as part of lvl up.
Jan 20, 2023 10:01 am
If the rest of the party is okay with it, I'll allow you to use the tourmaline gem that you got for that. It's value is 50 gp. Otherwise it'll be 50 gp for the diamond, not gonna charge extra for that.
Jan 20, 2023 10:09 am
I prefer spending my own money. Don't have anything really to spend it on anyways.
Jan 20, 2023 2:10 pm
Can Chitkree attune to the tooth or get it identified?
He will shorn shine time, in an isolated area, experimenting
Last edited January 20, 2023 2:10 pm
Jan 20, 2023 2:19 pm
I've never been a huge fan of the "identify magic item with a short rest" rule, I think it just seems a bit easy. But since it's a downtime period, I'll allow you to study the item and give me an arcana check (I'll set the DC differently depending on the object, the tooth will just be a DC 15). Alternatively you can pay to get it identified which costs 20 gp.

Here's a list btw of available spell services and their prices:

Cure wounds (1st level) 10 gp
Identify 20 gp
Lesser restoration 40 gp
Prayer of healing (2nd level) 40 gp
Remove curse 90 gp
Speak with dead 90 gp
Divination 210 gp
Greater restoration 450 gp
Raise dead 1,250 gp
Jan 20, 2023 2:33 pm
I agree with the short test being to easy to I'd something
Jan 20, 2023 2:49 pm
Do you allow custom re-skinned spells?
Ex Produce Flame -> replace fire with electric arcs that do lightning damage = Condense Lightning
Jan 20, 2023 2:53 pm
So, we didn't get into specifics, but being an artificer and going into firearms... I figured the easiest way to handle it (since 5e doesn't really have crafting rules) is to put time in in-game for the physical crafting, and spend the listed book price in gold pieces for materials.

We don't need to get into things like figuring out how a shopkeep would make a profit if they effectively sell at cost (250gp in materials to build a pistol that sells for 250gp would never work, but as this (and thr musket that's next on the list) is more of a one-off item, I'm good.

That said... if you have something else in mind, I am all ears.
[ +- ] A simplistic crafting system.
Jan 20, 2023 3:13 pm
The DMG says material costs are 1/2 the finished product price I believe. But then add on renting a forge etc... It is discussed in the section on crafting magic items. Which a firearm kind of is depending on how you view gunpowder in the setting.
Planning on getting the Infusion - Repeating Shot?
Last edited January 20, 2023 3:14 pm
Jan 20, 2023 3:50 pm
I think your crafting rules seem fair. Is one check per downtime alright in terms of time, or do you find that too harsh? Normally expect downtime after each module. You will have to pay to use a forge as well though. But I think the varying price of the finished product depending on your checks is perfectly fine.
Psybermagi says:
Ex Produce Flame -> replace fire with electric arcs that do lightning damage = Condense Lightning
Depending on the spell, I don’t see why not. Your example for instance seems alright
Jan 20, 2023 4:11 pm
Also, daily costs for lodgings and food is 1 gp. If you want to tip and everything, you can do that at your discretion. For this downtime you can all pay 5 gp
Jan 20, 2023 4:27 pm
Ticked off 8 gp total then. (3 for that night, then 5 for the rest of downtime.)

As for timeframe for rolls, I'm open. Is downtime always going to be roughly the same length? If there is ever an extended downtime I might ask about more than one roll, but we can cross that bridge if we get there.

Meanwhile... I need to buy smith's tools. (The standard 20 gp, correct?)

Rolls

Crafting - Pistol, Roll 1 (INT+Prof. Bonus) - (1d20+5)

(9) + 5 = 14

Jan 20, 2023 4:33 pm
Yup, that’s correct. Are you proficient in smith’s tool? Because otherwise you need to take training to add the proficiency bonus. Some downtimes might be longer and then I’ll allow more than one roll.
Jan 20, 2023 4:37 pm
Although since pistols require fiddling with mechanisms and stuff, I’ll allow you to use tinkerer’s tools as well if you’re proficient in that
Jan 20, 2023 5:15 pm
Sassafras says:
Yup, that’s correct. Are you proficient in smith’s tool? Because otherwise you need to take training to add the proficiency bonus. Some downtimes might be longer and then I’ll allow more than one roll.
I am currently proficient with Thieves', Tinker's, Smith's, Woodcarver's, and Jeweler's tools.

I started with Thieves' and Tinker's as part of my starting equipment. (Picked Tinkers (50 gp) over Smith's (20 gp) to start with.)
Jan 20, 2023 5:48 pm
Ah okay, then that’s fine :)
Jan 21, 2023 3:42 am
Just verifying. Chitkree should now be able to use a shield, on a primary arm, and still dual wield shortswords with his secondary arms.
[ +- ] Secondary Arms
Additional crafting questions
How long would it take Chitkree to brew a potion of healing? (Using Herbalist tools)
How much would the supplies to do so cost?
I am assuming I can't look around and just gather them. Or can I leave town and do that nearby?
Jan 21, 2023 4:00 am
Sassafras says:

Psybermagi says:
Depending on the spell, I don’t see why not. Your example for instance seems alright
Missed this earlier.

The only thing I can say about allowing this is swapping damage types is the entire (ok, not entire, but it is sort of their primary subclass ability) schtick for the Order of Scribes Wizards.

On one hand, I'm usually opposed to handing out class features as at will abilities for anyone to use... but on the other hand, no one is playing a Scribe so it wouldn't be stepping on any toes.
Jan 21, 2023 5:02 am
Can't the Scribes do this on the fly all the time?
What I requested would be a variant spell that always does lightning damage.
Last edited January 21, 2023 5:19 am
Jan 21, 2023 5:24 am
Quick clarification
Sassafras says:
You realise that possessing the tooth for longer than 1 day results in you becoming vulnerable to lightning damage.
Will the tooth work for each individual for about 1 day?
If so then Pierce and Chitkree are out of luck but the others can each use it once before we sell it.
Jan 21, 2023 5:29 am
Psybermagi says:
Just verifying. Chitkree should now be able to use a shield, on a primary arm, and still dual wield shortswords with his secondary arms.
[ +- ] Secondary Arms
Additional crafting questions
How long would it take Chitkree to brew a potion of healing? (Using Herbalist tools)
How much would the supplies to do so cost?
I am assuming I can't look around and just gather them. Or can I leave town and do that nearby?
Crafting a potion of healing requires:

Access to the healing spell Cure Wounds
The knowledge of how to create a potion (a formula or schematic)
50gp worth of materials
2 days worth of uninterrupted crafting time
Psybermagi says:
Can't the Scribes do this on the fly all the time?
What I requested would be a variant spell that always does lightning damage.
They can do it temporarily yeah, provided they have two spells of the same level with different damage types. I agree with you MaJunior on not handing out feats for free (that was for instance my point behind not allowing flanking), but generally don’t mind changing it permanently, provided it’s a small spell and it makes sense. Speaking of that though, Produce Flame, I would think that it would lose some of its lighting properties by being made out of lightning, would it not?
Jan 21, 2023 5:32 am
Psybermagi says:
Quick clarification
Sassafras says:
You realise that possessing the tooth for longer than 1 day results in you becoming vulnerable to lightning damage.
Will the tooth work for each individual for about 1 day?
If so then Pierce and Chitkree are out of luck but the others can each use it once before we sell it.
The thing is, in its current state it actually doesn’t do much else than attract lightning. At least not in a combat sense.
Jan 21, 2023 5:51 am
Does all crafting follow the same guidelines? Materials, recipe, time.
When the pistol design was mentioned the material cost was less than the market value. So why 50gp to craft a healing potion?
Does Chitkree have any recipes? If I don't have one for healing portions then I will try to get one during the down time.
No worries on the custom spell. Just asking for an optio if it was needed to make the tooth work.
Jan 21, 2023 6:00 am
I think the difference is that it requires less time and will always succeed. That being said, I think you’re right, I can go for half the price. Otherwise it kind of eliminates the need for crafting versus just buying the item itself. Chitkree won’t have the recipe, but can purchase one from the local alchemist for 50 gp (price of a healing potion)
Jan 21, 2023 6:16 am
Also, I’ll allow a shield in a primary hand and two light weapons. Can’t see a logical reason why you wouldn’t be able to
Jan 21, 2023 1:51 pm
Sassafras says:

The thing is, in its current state it actually doesn’t do much else than attract lightning. At least not in a combat sense.
Got it. So the tooth was possibly temporarily enchanted or could be a material for crafting but can not be used as is for a mechanical benefit against lightning as is. At least the merchant good paid. Just hope he wasn't the bad guy.
Last edited January 21, 2023 1:52 pm
Jan 21, 2023 4:14 pm
Yeah, it would potentially still work as kind of a blowtorch in a way, but it’s not functionally a weapon. But since it still has a way to attract lightning, it amplifies the lightning damage you would take while having it in your possession.

He wasn’t necessarily a bad guy, just had very little idea of what it actually was he had or how it worked and just saw it as a way to get some money
Jan 21, 2023 4:58 pm
Hmm, potential as material for crafting a shield of Lightning damage resistance. Or toss it to someone before calling lightning. LOL
Jan 22, 2023 4:17 pm
I dont think I ever sold the weapons and split up the 12 gp he grabbed from the thugs.
Chitkree will sell these in the down time 1 ace and 4 scimitar and divvy up the money.
Jan 22, 2023 4:43 pm
Sweet that’s about 55 gp in total (11 gp per person) for the weapons
Jan 22, 2023 6:15 pm
Adding 11gp.
Jan 22, 2023 6:55 pm
That put me over the needed to get the healing potion recipe so I will get that.
And I am poor again. Sight
Jan 26, 2023 7:14 am
Just double checking, but could you please confirm:

Zrukz go before goblins in turn order: 1. Pierce 2. Gorrunk 3. Zrukz 4. Golins. 5. The rest of PCs
On Zrukz turn all 5 goblins lagging behind Gorrunk and are valid target for a sleep spell (In a way to not affect other PCs)
Chitkree do not have ability to understand goblin language Zrukz was using when failed to deceive bugbear
Jan 26, 2023 7:55 am
The way I do initiative is that you pool your initiative together. That means that any PC can go in any order. The reason for this is that it speeds up combat which can otherwise go terribly slow in pbp. That means that since Pierce and Chitkree went first, you can act after the goblins. In this case of course that sucks as you could've potentially have taken out at least some of the goblins with sleep, but no system is perfect and that's just how I do things (it's in the rules thread as well).

As for Chitkree not understanding goblin. Yup, that's true. But he didn't say he did, that could've also been him reading Gorrunk's body language. In any effect, everyone would've been prepared for potential combat and no one could've been mechanically surprised in this situation.
Jan 26, 2023 8:05 am
OK then waiting for goblins to KO my PC , he deserves that
Jan 26, 2023 8:20 am
Luckily for you, they are too scared of Gorrunk to go for his target and prefer to go for your bodyguards instead
Jan 26, 2023 12:35 pm
GreyWord says:
Chitkree do not have ability to understand goblin language Zrukz was using when failed to deceive bugbear
Chitkree does not know goblin. My earlier post was just me, not Chitkree, joking about the nat 1. Sorry if it caused confusion.
In combat Chitkree just reacted after he saw the bugbear hit Zrukz. I assume you where intending to ask how piece reacted first? My assumption was game mechanics :) and DM system as stated above.
Last edited January 26, 2023 12:36 pm
Jan 26, 2023 12:58 pm
OK, let me explain myself
When I red "nope, no meta gaming going on over here" before DM narrated the result of my PC scoring 6 on deception check I was looking for in-game reasons your PC would do the reaction he did.
That's why the question

And regarding combat initiative... well I am just not used to mechanics where even if a player roll nat1 on initiative roll he could still go before enemy who rolled 19, assuming there is another player who rolled higher. But I will get used to that.
Jan 26, 2023 1:20 pm
Yeah, normally I would do regular initiative order, but since we're in wildly different time-zones, you can be unlucky that the person first in the initiative order has already gone to bed by the time I start the combat, and then when he acts the second person could've gone to bed etc. If that happens then combat moves extremely slow and in my experience, very little kills a pbp game faster than a combat moving too slow. I agree that it's not ideal, but I believe it's the better option all things considered.
Jan 26, 2023 1:29 pm
Yeah sorry about that @GreyWord I'll keep my reactions in the chat to avoid future confusion
Jan 26, 2023 2:38 pm
If the bugbear ends up going down, Urzog would love to intimidate or persuade the goblins to stand down. It’s worth a shot.

Help me RNG Gods, you’re my only hope!
Jan 26, 2023 4:47 pm
By the way, GM, Urzog doesn’t kill so maybe he just knocked out the bugbear? Despite the possible butterfly effect in which a side storyline will happen where a bugbear hunts down Urzog for revenge LOL.
Jan 26, 2023 4:51 pm
He looks dead to the goblins. Good enough. Lol
Jan 26, 2023 5:08 pm
Oh yeah, forgot. I’ll amend it, and yes it’s the same to the goblins
Jan 26, 2023 5:09 pm
Maybe, just maybe DM is willing to use PBP suggest variant rule. I recalled it just because example in the book so perfectly map to the situation we have
Quote:
Similarly, when your half-orc barbarian uses a display of raw strength to intimidate an enemy, your DM might ask for a Strength (Intimidation) check, even though Intimidation is normally associated with Charisma.
Jan 26, 2023 6:48 pm
For future checks of that sort, I'd allow it
Jan 26, 2023 7:10 pm
I am curious about ability checks in combat. I understood it took an action to do an ability check, like intimidate. Can we fight and still do other things? Like perception checks
Last edited January 26, 2023 7:11 pm
Jan 26, 2023 7:14 pm
It depends on the check, but usually stuff like perception/persuasion/knowledge checks etc are free
Jan 26, 2023 7:19 pm
then why don't everyone roll persuasion every round ?
Jan 26, 2023 8:10 pm
Because some of us aren't attempting to persuade anyone. Generally, you can talk (a bit) as a free action. It would be easy to roll persuasion or intimidate based on what you say while you physically take some other action.

But it still requires making that attempt. You have to talk. You have to try.

If I just shoot you again, there's no persuasion involved.
Jan 26, 2023 8:11 pm
1) because of it being meta-gaming and 2) and even if I’d allow it, I’d probably require a nat 20 with disadvantage in most cases.
Jan 29, 2023 8:25 am
Just want to share some of my feelings. I did love the challenge of the last quest to come up with reason for my PC to save humans despite of their attitude toward him is worse than toward Warfoged and Thri-kreen (based on my understanding they are not even humanoids).
I did fail in a way though because the motivation I came up wit say my PC failed this quest because goblins are still there and they could keep doing the same business. Zrukz would have wanted to kill a few more and intimidate every other goblin...

That's a bit of drawback playing railroaded AL. But I don't complain, this is still a lot of fun to play. Can't wait next quest
Jan 29, 2023 10:51 am
Yeah, it is one of the biggest drawbacks for sure. That being said, if you guys want to mount an assault on the cave system we can always try and go off road for a bit. The issue that is laid out and that Chaab communicated is that the sheer numbers of goblins (he ranged them from dozens to perhaps even hundreds) in a cramped cave system sounds very suicidal. You were lucky that they were out raiding so that section was pretty sparsely populated. Of course there’s inherently a lot of railroading involved in AL modules at least when it comes to going beyond the scope of the stories, but I’ll never tell you that you can’t do things like that (especially since we’re not following strict AL rules). It might just end up in a TPK 😅
Jan 29, 2023 10:53 am
Also yes you can get a short rest for sure
Jan 29, 2023 11:11 am
Personally? I like the idea of coming back to the caves as a "bonus mission" of sorts, in a few levels.

It gives Sassafras time to put something together without rushing... but it also lets us grab a few more levels, so we have better odds to survive.
Jan 29, 2023 11:12 am
We know goblins are currently split into riding parties and they do not expect ambush at their own home. Those two facts made me believe battling a single riding party wouldn't be all that hard and certainly not a suicide.
Anyhow only Zrukz seemed to care those parties should be bringing more prisoners... I just realized it is good attitude to AL: you only save those you are hired. Simple as that
Jan 29, 2023 11:20 am
But... you are assuming it would only be a single raiding party returning.

It could just as easily be 8 raiding parties returning at more or less the same time.
Jan 29, 2023 11:25 am
From Jan 26, 2023 11:24 am 01. Defiance in Phlan
Sassafras says:
The last two remaining goblins disengage and sprint away.
OOC:
End of combat, although the two sleeping goblins will wake up a minute later
I figured the two that ran away would alert the other goblins. Or at least some and they would likely spread the word. I didn't give chase as the DM ended the fight and Urzog would likely have gotten mad if Chitkree hunted then down.

I am all for a bonus dungeon crawl or monster hunt but at that time the primary objective was the safety of the farmers. Not sure how Urzog and Zrukz would react to either idea.
Last edited January 29, 2023 12:35 pm
Jan 29, 2023 11:26 am
Yeah, if you’d go full swampland Batman on them and take out their raiding parties one by one, that’s doable. If you were to go to their "base" where all said raiding parties would converge, that’s a different prospect
Jan 29, 2023 1:37 pm
Btw, a quick note on activity. Verrain hasn’t logged on to GP in 9 days. I’m going to bot him for the last mission and if he hasn’t returned by then, will recruit a replacement for the next module. I think if someone disappears for about 14 days without saying anything, it’s okay to replace them. Do you think that sounds fair?
Jan 29, 2023 2:01 pm
Psybermagi says:
From Jan 26, 2023 11:24 am 01. Defiance in Phlan
Sassafras says:
The last two remaining goblins disengage and sprint away.
OOC:
End of combat, although the two sleeping goblins will wake up a minute later
I figured the two that ran away would alert the other goblins. Or at least some and they would likely spread the word. I didn't give chase as the DM ended the fight and Urzog would likely have gotten mad if Chitkree hunted then down.

I am all for a bonus dungeon crawl or monster hunt but at that time the primary objective was the safety of the farmers. Not sure how Urzog and Zrukz would react to either idea.
Aaaah, those two. I was actually close to write "Out of Combat unless you want to give chase", but yeah sorry about that. In the future I’ll be more mindful about that and also feel free to let me know if I’m putting a stop on something you guys would like to do
Jan 29, 2023 3:59 pm
I feel two weeks is more than accomodating.

If something truly has happened and he has been incommunicado for that long because of Life, we can rotate him back in down the road some.
Jan 29, 2023 4:33 pm
For a game this fast moving 2 weeks is generous
And like you said, they can always come back next round
Jan 29, 2023 8:38 pm
Psybermagi says:
For a game this fast moving 2 weeks is generous
And like you said, they can always come back next round
same
Jan 31, 2023 9:39 pm
Quote:
missing ears which is a telltale sign of The Welcomers
Did I miss something? Should our PCs know what's "The Welcomers"? And that the missing ear is the sign?
I can't let go the feeling that we are probably releasing thieves and murderers just because of the rumors one stranger shared.
Jan 31, 2023 10:07 pm
It was off-handedly mentioned by the Harper agent all the way back after the first mission when you returned the egg.
Sassafras says:
The Harper scratches his head, "What did they look like? Were they missing their left ears?". You realise that they indeed were, "If so they were members of the Welcomers, our local thieves guild. As for how they knew, both the buyer and the seller used intermediaries to set up the meeting. My best guess is that they found out through one of them". He opens the satchel and takes out the egg, he turns it in his hands a few times and frowns, "It’s a fake. I must say I’m both disappointed and relieved that it’s not the real thing"
Feb 2, 2023 3:54 pm
Sorry about the delay everyone. Life was kinda beating me up yesterday but I’m going to get caught up with what was going on post-battle to have Urzog make some sense during RP.

But Jesus F$&@ THAT DAMAGE. YESSS!
Feb 2, 2023 5:05 pm
Absolutely no problem :) Life gets in the way sometimes for us all
Feb 3, 2023 3:00 pm
Just wanted to say sorry I reacted this morning on Urzog destroying obelisks as if it was taliban destroy buddha. Will keep my opinion to myself next time.
Feb 3, 2023 8:21 pm
Keep in mind, we are fictional people doing fictional things in a fictional world.

That said, if real life budhas generated an ongoing fear effect that could be used to mentally torment and break a person's mind, I wouldn't be opposed to destroying them IRL either. 🤷
Feb 15, 2023 8:57 am
Want to discuss an issue
On my last post I made my PC to communicate with Urzog telepathically, but HeavyDuty03 appears to be offline 3 days already
Any preferences - should I just post nothing until player comes back, because MY PC is waiting for his answer/reaction or should we alter the story and my PC choose a different target for his telepathic connection?

Or we could simply let DM proceed with the pub-fight, because dice have already decided that.
Feb 15, 2023 9:19 am
I’ll let it be up to you. The situation has changed since you posted, so you could react to that and put the telepathic conversation on the back burner. If you feel like Zrukz wouldn’t do anything until receiving a response then maybe it’s preferable to retcon who you communicated with. I don’t want to lock you down since we don’t know for sure when/if HeavyDuty returns.
Feb 15, 2023 12:57 pm
Pulling combatants apart seems more of a big strong type thing. Double shoulder shrug from Chitkree
Feb 15, 2023 2:01 pm
Exactly - situation changed the brawl it is and communication is not important any more. Moving on
Feb 18, 2023 12:46 pm
This was actually a question to players - do you want Zrukz to go alone to save on game time because I can interact with the NPC in parallel to other team doing other stuff, or you would prefer to be able to contribute to the social interaction with that Liela NPC.
I can promise that my PC would ask NPC to let him call his teammates you run out of actions and I'm still talking
Feb 18, 2023 1:20 pm
I'm fine with Zurkz going on ahead. Like you said, if something important happens then you can come get us or we may even get there soon after you.
Feb 18, 2023 8:19 pm
go for it Zurkz
Apr 1, 2023 6:09 pm
Sassafras says:
Chitkree, remember that I don’t use flanking rules. However the first roll is the nat 20, so I’ll allow it.
Sorry forgot - I will put a not on Chitkrees sheet for the future - I got my games mixed up and a quick search showed flanking mentioned but apparently I should have read content better
Apr 1, 2023 7:12 pm
No offense just a feedback of reason of my mistakes:
Sassafras says:

The only other feature of this chamber is a narrow hole near the top of the left wall and a door of beaten brass on the far wall.
I was assuming we just opened those doors to enter the room that we see right now in the battle map, when I posted my PC is closing the doors.

2. I do remember you told us 10 feet a cell but I did forget about it while look a the battle map dimensions, thanks for fixing my move
https://i.imgur.com/rWQ9G6t.jpg
Apr 1, 2023 9:22 pm
No, Tikcha and then Chitkree scouted ahead and in that I tried to describe a longer distance. That room is quite far away. Sorry if I wasn’t being clearer. As for the distance, there might be a way to change or turn off that "5 ft" marker in the OTFB code, but I’m still learning how to use it properly and haven’t figured that out yet. Again, sorry for the confusion.
Apr 6, 2023 5:07 pm
Fun facts - Thri-kreen could only transmit thoughts mentally to willing creature they can see.
It would mean if we were all Thri-kreen we would not be able to talk to person behind the door.
Apr 6, 2023 5:09 pm
LoL. Well we could click clack and chitter
I am sure that works reassure him 😊
Apr 6, 2023 5:30 pm
😂
*Chitkree clicks reassuringly*
Apr 12, 2023 5:35 pm
I think we may need two separate polls for the options given. Voting on the idol clears my vote on Grim.
Apr 12, 2023 6:38 pm
Or allow multiple votes
Apr 13, 2023 5:34 pm
That’s my mistake, I kinda thought I had allowed for multiple votes >_> stupid poll…
Apr 13, 2023 5:40 pm
I think I fixed the poll now
Apr 13, 2023 6:33 pm
SO is the poll to destroy the alter, which is evil, the idol which is symbolic but not evil, or both?
I want to destroy the alter but dont care about the idol, unless some one has a portable hole
Last edited April 13, 2023 6:34 pm
Apr 13, 2023 6:36 pm
I assumed the goal was to destroy the alter.
Apr 13, 2023 6:53 pm
déjà vu
destroy buddha yet again. Not sure I like that aspect of the scenarios
Apr 13, 2023 8:44 pm
You have a preoccupation with Budha.

It's more like destroying an Aztec sacrificial alter where countless people were murdered.

Again, it's a fictional world where some gods are irrefutably evil AND can have a direct influence in the world. In D&D, it isn't just a belief system.

I just don't see the two worlds as analogous. They aren't comparable.
Last edited April 13, 2023 9:18 pm
Apr 14, 2023 7:24 am
I think I will simply not participate epilogues where PCs are demolishing legacy and allow DM to auto pilot my PC

P.S. It is not just Budha. Century ago "Religion is the Opium of the People" were used as reason to demolish Christians churches, for example. Just because people in this real world believed religion as practice (not as belief system) to have evil "direct influence in the world".
Apr 14, 2023 11:54 am
You're comparing apples to hubcaps.

In the real world, religion has only ever been a belief system. We don't even know if any Gods exist.

In D&D, characters know Gods exist. Gods can walk the land. They can scream in your head, or answer your appeals by granting you magic. They aren't just spoken about in apocryphal stories, you can come face to face with them. THAT is direct influence in the world.

Something the real world has simply never had.
Apr 14, 2023 11:56 am
You are right, I'm wrong. I'll try not to bring this topic up again.
Apr 14, 2023 2:17 pm
Chitkree is not interested in destroying anything or killing anyone. He suggested having tht prisoners destroy something as a test of their religious affiliating
I as a player think of that paladin can detect evil if is worth destroying

To be clear i do not think Augustine shared that he detected evil from the alter. What would have to happen to make an alter have an evil aura? Would the fact it is evil taint anything happening with it in Augustine's view?
Apr 14, 2023 4:04 pm
My PC want to destroy idol, not altar to prevent human greed. This goblin has preoccupation about human greed
Apr 14, 2023 4:39 pm
that makes sense
I was wondering why the focus was split
Apr 17, 2023 2:33 am
Chitkree is going up in Druid as Circle of the Shepheard.
Here is a list of beasts for wildfrom that he may have seen. Let me know if any are not ok
Thri-kreen Desert : cat, hyena, jackal, scorpion camel, mule, giant lizard, giant wolf spider
Grassland: Giant Weasel, Axe Beak, boar, elk, panther, wolf
Forest: badger, deer, giant weasel
Urban : rat, giant rat, mastiff, draft horse, giant centipede, riding horse
Apr 17, 2023 3:36 am
No that list seems fine to me
Apr 18, 2023 8:50 am
I'm done with PC lvl up. Playing sourcer for the first time it took quite a while to chose metamagic options and decide which one of an amazing lost of lvl 2 spells I want.

I only have question - how much money do we need to spend to cover down-time?
Apr 18, 2023 11:43 am
10 gp each (10 days of downtime x 1 gp)

BUT you also get 60 gp each after selling the treasure
Apr 18, 2023 1:08 pm
So there is enough time and money for me to craft 2 potions of healing, correct?
60 - 10 - 2*25 = 0
Still poor!
Last edited April 18, 2023 1:09 pm
Apr 18, 2023 4:10 pm
Yup, it takes two days to brew one, so you have plenty of time.
Apr 19, 2023 5:45 pm
Just a heads up, I’ll be going on a small trip with my wife tomorrow until Saturday, so I might not be as active for the rest of the week. But I’ll try and check in if I have the time. I’m hoping that we can start the next module on Monday.
Apr 19, 2023 6:01 pm
Sounds good. Have fun!
Apr 19, 2023 6:32 pm
TTFN
Apr 24, 2023 4:05 pm
So Gene tapped out because of some real life things, so we’ll be slightly delayed while I try to find another player. Sorry for that.
Apr 24, 2023 4:33 pm
It's ok. He dropped either all or most of his games. Hope he's doing ok.
Apr 25, 2023 7:16 pm
Hey all I am looking forward to getting into the game! What do I need to know about the party? Is there a class that you think we might need? I don't mind building something to fill a role that is needed. Are we still at Level 1 or should I be upping my level to join up?
Apr 25, 2023 7:20 pm
I'd say just play a character you want to play. I don't think there's any particular role we're dead in the water without. We have a pretty eclectic mix, so I can say be ready for some strangeness. Lol
Apr 25, 2023 7:21 pm
Hello zatatmando, glad to have you. I'm currently playing a Paladin. I'm sure the others will be along soon to let you know what they have. I think we're balanced enough to have fun so I'd recommend going with whatever you might like as a first choice.
Apr 25, 2023 7:38 pm
Oh right, good point RAAM...

Warforged Artificer. Working my way into firearms, focused on ranged combat/sniping.
Apr 25, 2023 7:53 pm
You start as level 2 with a small extra XP boost. RAAM is also level 2 and the rest are level 3. The party has dealt with things so far, and even though they lost a striker in the monk, I think both Augustine and Chitkree are quite handy in melee. So go for something you feel psyched about playing above anything else
Apr 25, 2023 7:55 pm
Thri-kreen druid/shepherd + rogue/?
With the token human male accounted for feel free to let your innet monster out 😁
Last edited April 25, 2023 7:59 pm
Apr 25, 2023 8:15 pm
I've got an eccentric goblin sorcerer. Focused on having fun and thinking outside box when it is possible.
+1 to Going with whatever you want. Even another sorcerer would have a great place in this party
May 1, 2023 5:36 pm
I’ll start the next chapter tomorrow and then zatatmando can join along the way. I figure that’s just as easy
May 1, 2023 5:48 pm
Game on
May 1, 2023 6:08 pm
I'm ready!
May 1, 2023 6:14 pm
I was wondering when we'd resume. I'm ready to roll.
May 3, 2023 12:01 pm
I just noticed GeneCortess left without really playing. Shame
Welcome meat shield, I mean zatatmando :)
May 3, 2023 12:01 pm
I just noticed GeneCortess left without really playing. Shame
Welcome meat shield, I mean zatatmando :)
May 3, 2023 1:14 pm
Hi there! I am afraid I am not much of a meat shield yet. I picked a Tabaxi Ranger with an archery specialization for my fighting style. Though I may decide to change that to two weapon fighting I am still not sure.
May 3, 2023 1:18 pm
I miss Urzog, big orc monk. But those pacifist tendencies could be troublesome.
Well I am a small Thrikreen rogue druid who has learned to carry a shield due to the lack of any decent meat shields, sigh
May 3, 2023 1:30 pm
Meat shield was but a joke.
My goblin PC is not to be taken seriously ever. And the stupid jokes I make though him as well. Looking forward to double down on joke about running faster than tiger with tabaxi joining the team.

P.S. even my sorcerer did survive a round of attack by bugbear at the beginning of the game :). So here you go - a meat shield PC with con modifier+1 and 1d6 hit die.
May 4, 2023 10:31 am
just starving for game. Going to invite the new PC.
May 5, 2023 6:58 am
I believe our last quest motivation were related to fighting the same ship and we did fail to restore beacon. Beacon were prerequisite to fight ghost ship on the sea. But I don't think it is relevant other than lore wise.
May 5, 2023 10:26 am
I thought the beacon did get restored.
May 5, 2023 12:31 pm
We didn't light the beacon but I am sure over the last 10 day someone did
Does the black fist authority and responsibility work only in in the city or does it also include the countryside?
I assume this ghost ship is either a necromancer, skeleton mage, or illusionist with pirates. Why would an actual lich attack little villages. Plus we are only 3rd level and a lich would kill us all with 1 spell
May 5, 2023 1:04 pm
I think this was stated in the epilogue of the previous chapter.
Quote:
You make your way back to the surface with Igan’s body and the guards in tow. The caretakers are distraught at the sight. As you make it out to the courtyard, you cast a hopeful look at the beacon. The moonlight seems to show a faint outline of a woman staring down at you. She fades and as she does, the light once again shines from the beacon.
May 5, 2023 1:33 pm
Yeah, we got the beacon relit, albeit indirectly.
May 5, 2023 1:41 pm
I totally missed that, thanks for reposting
May 5, 2023 2:38 pm
yes thanks. missed or forgot
May 10, 2023 3:06 pm
Hey sorry for the delay, I will be posting and getting into things today. I went on a trip to visit my mom in the hospital. She is ok but I wanted to see her. Again sorry to hold things up. I am reading through and catching up now.
May 10, 2023 5:23 pm
It’s all good. I hope your mom will be alright
Jun 6, 2023 8:48 pm
So about divine/patron intervention, any chance we could say a messenger or intermediary responds 91-99 and the patron responds directly at 100? Perhaps give bonuses for devout worshippers 😉
Last edited June 6, 2023 8:49 pm
Jun 8, 2023 5:42 pm
Haha, MAYBE if you start devoting yourself to your god on downtimes
Jun 9, 2023 9:19 pm
Is Pierce our usual driver?
Jun 10, 2023 12:22 pm
Nope.
We actually don't have a driver anymore.
Jun 10, 2023 2:57 pm
Then I will amend my post and assume that position for now, despite not being too well versed in it.
Jun 10, 2023 3:55 pm
An easy plodding should be ok, no chariot races 😁
Last edited June 10, 2023 4:17 pm
Jun 15, 2023 1:17 pm
GreyWord says:
Sounds like story rails lead us to the island, but honestly I don't understand why would we need to put so much effort to meet a another mad survivor when we know that attacks are happening right here.
I simply view it as a narrative tool to help speed up the search from a large area to a specific over
Jun 15, 2023 5:57 pm
These are all fairly short modules that for the most part has a clear beginning, middle and end. While I encourage you to deal with everything the way you want to, if you plan on sticking to the given quests then there will be some "rails"
Jun 15, 2023 6:01 pm
Sounds fair. If we were playing an underdark module and never went underground I would expect much to happen 😁
Jun 15, 2023 6:06 pm
Actually... I was not complaining about the tools used to put us on rails, I was instead expecting those tools to be more convincing. As a player I believe going to island is where most exciting story opportunity will be. As a PC ... well I need to works as a player to convince my PC to do so :) I hope you understand what I mean
Jun 15, 2023 6:13 pm
Sassafras says:
he would be where we encountered him
Could you clarify - didn't they encounter ferryman on the "opposite coast from Phlan" ? That's exactly my worry.
Or am I misunderstanding something?
Jun 17, 2023 5:24 pm
No, they were travelling from a city on the coast opposite of Phlan. On the way they passed several of the attacked villages/houses and THEN passed the ferryman. Does that make sense? English isn’t my native language, so I may phrase things poorly from time to time
Jul 4, 2023 10:45 am
Can we talk our PC plans OOC?
What do we do? The man is susp., but is he the boss, a minion or just a commoner under mind control? Do we hide and wait, do we try to intimidate the "survivor" to get some more info from him? Any other ideas?
Jul 4, 2023 2:11 pm
letting him think you all left isn't a bad idea. Attacking and capturing him would also work. The first poses more risk to the villagers but the second may result in less information. Either way Chitkree will want to scout the area while in disguise.
Jul 5, 2023 11:47 am
Okay, I'll do a quick poll to see which option you'd prefer to go with.

How do you prefer to proceed? Public

Shadow the man
Confront the man
Jul 5, 2023 8:43 pm
I'm good to play dumb, ask a few more questions to others on the island, and then lead a "evacuation" effort whilst my more stealthy companions tail the guy.
Jul 6, 2023 11:54 am
Super, I'll make a group stealth check for the remaining party members in the village and take it from there.
Jul 19, 2023 7:11 pm
On initiative are we going in strict order or is it groups of players before and after bad guys?
Jul 19, 2023 7:42 pm
I do shared initiatives in the sense that in this case both players rolled higher than the enemy, so it goes:

PC
PC
Enemy

If he had rolled higher than one of you it’d had been

PC
Enemy
PC

Any PC can go in a PC slot, but of course if it’s broken by an NPC’s turn, whoever doesn’t post initially would have to wait…does that make sense? I’m lacking a bit of sleep
Jul 19, 2023 7:45 pm
Yes, that's exactly what I needed. Thanks!
Jul 29, 2023 2:18 am
FYI : I will be on vacation next Monday through Wednesday and likely unable to post
Jul 29, 2023 5:12 am
Have fun!!
Jul 29, 2023 7:21 pm
Could someone clarify me the story?
I understand we all gathered in the middle of the village when
Quote:
swirl of fog unaffected by the storm approach the boat landing
Did Chitkree fight the crazy man before or after than in the girl's ex-house. Does pierce and Augustine leave Zrukz alone in the middle of the village a moment after Chitkree leaves to check out the house alone? If they does - are there anyone around Zrukz as he wouldn't be able to keep quiet :).
Jul 29, 2023 9:02 pm
My bad. I did the search and fight before that.
Quote:
the villagers nervously prepare for...well...something to happen.
Chitkree searches and fights
Quote:
As the dark starts to fall, so does the rain and the wind begins to howl all around you.
Jul 30, 2023 5:33 pm
I asked if anyone wanted to do anything before night fell. I then triggered the night time event before Chitkree said that he wanted to check out the house beforehand. I then decided to deal with that before moving the story along. So to sum up, Chitkree’s deal happens before.

Also have a nice break, Chitkree!
Jul 31, 2023 8:00 am
Got it. In that case do you mind deleting my post here it out of the updated context.
Jul 31, 2023 7:49 pm
I’ve deleted it now
Aug 3, 2023 4:30 am
I'm back. Fun camping even with several summer thunder storms :)
Aug 3, 2023 2:45 pm
Best camping weather! Then you really feel alive
Aug 4, 2023 1:31 pm
It's my turn to go on holiday now for the next two weeks. I still expect to post, but it may be a bit more patchy and infrequent.
Aug 4, 2023 2:04 pm
Have fun and bring us back some souvenirs :)
Aug 17, 2023 10:50 pm
Our mental communication with chitkree isn't two-way is it?
Aug 17, 2023 11:09 pm
[ +- ] Thri-kreen Telepathy 120'
Looks to be one way
Aug 29, 2023 1:43 am
Hello everyone, please excuse my absence. I'll be back to posting tomorrow hopefully. Things are quite busy at the moment and I ran into some unexpected circumstances. All is well but I haven't had much extra time.
Aug 29, 2023 7:31 pm
Hey man, don’t worry about it. I definitely get spells where I find it harder to find time to post as well
Sep 25, 2023 1:55 pm
Hey guys. I'd just like to apologise that the game has slowed down a lot. Over the course of the last year, I've had a lot of things going on in my personal life that has resulted in more and more stress, which in turn has limited my drive to post. Thankfully those issues have now been mostly resolved, which I'm hoping will result in me being a little more active again. Thank you for sticking with me.

On another note, I also acknowledge that this particular module hasn't been one of the best, it's simultaneously convoluted and underwritten, which is one of the best combinations xD
Sep 25, 2023 9:47 pm
No worries Sassafras, it happens to us all. I've been slower lately as well. Glad to hear that things are resolved and getting better.
Oct 25, 2023 9:20 pm
Phew, sorry about the pace of this module, I know it was a bit of a slog getting through it. As we are about to wrap the module up, I wanted to ask if you guys were still up for continuing on? The next module is a bit more straight forward as it is more or less a dungeon crawl.
Oct 25, 2023 9:21 pm
I'm still enjoying the game and the crew, so I'm ready to continue. Although it looks like we've lost a few. Has anyone heard from MaJunior?
Oct 25, 2023 9:28 pm
MaJunior has been gone for almost a month. I am in other games and haven't heard anything

I am good to go on either as is with us 3 or add players. DM choice
Last edited October 26, 2023 2:00 pm
Oct 26, 2023 1:22 pm
Yeah, I saw. I tried to PM them as well, but they didn't answer. I'll keep Pierce's character sheet, in case they come back. But I think for the time being that I'll try and recruit two players. @GreyWord how about you?
Oct 26, 2023 5:57 pm
I am sorry for player rotation, but that what happens. Game is great. Dungeon crawl for a change is welcome.
P.S. I am probably going to miss opportunity to waste my spell slots on non combat encounters ;) but who knows
Oct 26, 2023 7:12 pm
The good news is that these adventures lend themselves better to the drop-in / drop-out style.
Oct 26, 2023 7:26 pm
Exactly, that was part of the reason I had for deciding to run it in the first place. Had tried running several regular modules before this and it pretty much always happens.
GreyWord says:

P.S. I am probably going to miss opportunity to waste my spell slots on non combat encounters ;) but who knows
Haha, if anyone could find a way it’d be you 😂
Oct 26, 2023 8:23 pm
Its way over my bedtime, so I'll come up with a character concept tomorrow. I can see that Zrukz is a goblin sorceror, but I don't know about the other characters. Othere than there is a bug person
Oct 26, 2023 8:31 pm
Thrikreen strixhaven rogue druid with a familiar

Augustine is a human paladin, the normal guy/ poster boy face of the group
Last edited October 26, 2023 8:32 pm
Oct 27, 2023 1:43 pm
Hi everyone! Thank you for the invite Sassafras.

I'm thinking in joining the "normal guy" part of the group with an Elven Noble Fighter (archer), that has joined the Harpers.

Dall-E made that avatar for me:

https://i.imgur.com/BPJtkYp.jpg
Last edited October 27, 2023 1:59 pm
Oct 31, 2023 9:13 am
The next module is now posted!
Nov 9, 2023 11:59 am
Recommend this to understand
[ +- ] Thunderwave
Nov 9, 2023 12:48 pm
Yeah that was the conclusion I came to after reading a bit about it again
Nov 9, 2023 11:00 pm
Hi Sassafras, don't know if you are aware, but if you add the AC to the reason, it highlights the result.

Ghoul 1 Vs Aramil (AC16)
Last edited November 9, 2023 11:01 pm

Rolls

Ghoul 1 Vs Aramil (AC16) - (1d20+2, 1d20+4)

1d20+2 : (9) + 2 = 11

1d20+4 : (11) + 4 = 15

Ghoul 1 Vs Aramil (AC16) - (1d20+15)

(6) + 15 = 21

Nov 10, 2023 10:14 am
Haha, I didn't know for sure but was close to throwing your ACs in there just to try yesterday. Good to know for sure though
Nov 22, 2023 4:03 pm
@Sassafras just out of curiosity, is it defined in the module that we have a Ghoul not as in Monster Manual but twice as powerful - with a multi-attack feature, or did you decided to add it to balance for our 6 player party.
Nov 22, 2023 6:40 pm
Ha! Well…I could lie and say that it was for balancing purposes, but I just went ahead and added a multi-attack feature because I thought it said so. Sometimes my reading goes a little fast, I’ll readily admit that. I will be fair and amend it going forward, no reason to stack the deck. I’m already adding enemies to adjust for the party size. As a mea culpa I’ll give you a little more experience points for the first encounter
Nov 24, 2023 11:04 am
Just a heads up, I’ll be driving cross country in about an hour (it’s Denmark so that’s still "only" about 4 hours) and I’ll be going back tomorrow. That’s on either end of some time spent with the extended family. I’ll still try and post tonight, but I can’t guarantee that I have the energy
Nov 24, 2023 3:00 pm
No worries, family and life beyond the game matter :) have fun
Nov 29, 2023 9:33 pm
I just realized something... I don't think sneak attack works with spells?

Did I miss a house rule?
Nov 29, 2023 9:49 pm
any attack with a to hit can use sneak attack as far as I knew. I will double check, . . .
[ +- ] Sneak Attack
Sigh, my bad. Ignore the 2nd d6 on that damage then. It makes sense I guess so sneak attack and cantrip damage does not stack as levels go up.
Last edited November 29, 2023 9:52 pm
Nov 29, 2023 9:52 pm
"The attack must use a finesse or a ranged weapon."

A spell is technically neither.

You edited as I posted. ^.^

Spells can crit though. That might be what you were thinking? Honestly I'm ok if they proc sneak attack too but I'm going to use it maliciously. Lol

Can you imagine a critical sneak-attack fireball?!

"I'm sorry, how many d6 were you rolling?"
Last edited November 29, 2023 9:55 pm
Nov 29, 2023 9:55 pm
So would would work with green flame blade, booming blade, or magic stone, but not other cantrips?
Nov 29, 2023 10:05 pm
Psybermagi says:
So would would work with green flame blade, booming blade, or magic stone, but not other cantrips?
My understanding is both "blade" spells should be yes -- but magic stone no.

The blade spells say you make a melee attack.
- That said, it may be a no because the spells don't say they are melee weapon attacks, even though they are melee attacks and using a weapon. It all gets kind of confusing. As an example, monk's unarmed strikes are melee weapon attacks, but are not attacks with melee weapons. Point is, the wording gets very specific.

Regardless, I think those two work.

Magic stone says you make a ranged spell attack with the pebbles. That one's right out.
Last edited November 29, 2023 10:07 pm
Dec 24, 2023 12:21 pm
Merry Christmas to y’all. I’ll try and be as active as possible but I’ll be quite busy until the 3rd of January. I hope everyone will have a pleasant break
Jan 14, 2024 5:42 pm
I'm not really enjoying Vess, so after this adventure, I would like to introduce a new character.
Jan 16, 2024 5:40 pm
That’s of course fair enough. It looks like we might have lost Augustine, are everyone okay continuing as five?
Jan 16, 2024 5:49 pm
Five is good
Jan 16, 2024 5:59 pm
Yup. Let's finish this chapter and then we reevaluate.
Jan 16, 2024 6:13 pm
Good to go
Jan 25, 2024 4:42 am
Sassafras says:
That’s of course fair enough. It looks like we might have lost Augustine, are everyone okay continuing as five?
I'll be stepping out after this adventure. It should not be difficult to find a replacement
Jan 25, 2024 8:33 pm
Sad to see you go but that’s of course alright 👍 in that case I’ll try and recruit one more
Jan 25, 2024 11:57 pm
I will also be stepping out after this adventure. I liked it, but regular D&D is not really my thing. It had been years since I last played, it will probably be years since I will play it again. I'm more into sci-fi and other stuff.

Either way, thank you very much for the opportunity Sassafras. Hope to play with you all again in the future.

But... Let's finish this adventure first. ;)
Jan 27, 2024 9:25 pm
Bummed to hear that, but that’s of course also fine. Thanks for playing 🙂
Jan 27, 2024 9:31 pm
@Sassafras I know that it can suck the GM drive out of you when several people drop out of your game. It did for my Kids on Brooms game not that long ago.
The important part is to know that it is not a reflection of your skills as a GM. You did good
Jan 27, 2024 10:03 pm
I've been here the entire time and still enjoy the game. I have 2 long standing games and have cycled through many players. Some people just like to try new things out or are looking for the best fit. Different people just have different styles and preferences. Then again some of us (cough cough, what who me?) take on more than we should at times and have to cut back :)
Jan 27, 2024 11:21 pm
Yeah, I agree with runekyndig, thanks for GMing. This adventure was a "Let's try" for me, I really liked this and reading your previous adventures, so that's why I joined in the first place. But I tend to avoid D&D, and its not about your skills as a GM, on the contrary.
Last edited January 27, 2024 11:26 pm
Jan 28, 2024 2:45 pm
I really enjoy this game (despite my bad luck with a dice). I really hope we can recruit new players soon and continue with next chapter.
Jan 29, 2024 2:36 pm
GreyWord says:
I really enjoy this game (despite my bad luck with a dice). I really hope we can recruit new players soon and continue with next chapter.
Couldn't agree more!
Jan 29, 2024 7:55 pm
Thanks guys 🙂 I’ll definitely continue it and will actively try and recruit two new players this week.

On another note, I’m going to a funeral/mini vacation from Thursday to Sunday and Friday next week I’ll have a tumour removed from my knee (fun start to 2024 😅), my point is that these two weeks might be more spotty in terms of posting.
Jan 30, 2024 10:33 pm
The new players have already joined and Sassafras has already written OOC that we are about to close the chapter.

So, I'm leaving now. Thanks again everyone for the game. See you around!
Jan 31, 2024 4:55 am
Yes it seems like the time to step out
Have fun guys
Feb 6, 2024 8:36 pm
As previously mentioned, I’m heaving surgery on Friday, so my best guess is that I’ll have the next module up and running after that. There’s a chance I can get it done tomorrow or Thursday, but as you might suspect I have a lot on my plate in the lead up to it, so no promises :)
Feb 12, 2024 5:40 pm
Just in case people haven’t realised, the next module is up and running in "Game chapters"
Feb 12, 2024 6:11 pm
thanks for reminder. Lost it. Will post soon
Feb 12, 2024 8:41 pm
Excellent
Feb 19, 2024 6:57 pm
Okay, so on top of my knee pain, I got sick on Saturday (luckily no sign of infection), but I’m really struggling with life these days. I hope a good night’s sleep might help (something I for one reason or another haven’t had for over a week), but I do apologise for the sluggish start to the module and I hope you can bear with me
Feb 19, 2024 7:00 pm
😁 🐻
Last edited February 19, 2024 10:51 pm
Feb 19, 2024 7:58 pm
Get well and get your sleep! Game can wait. Must
Feb 19, 2024 10:13 pm
Don't stress, you need to take care of yourself. We'll be here.
Mar 12, 2024 5:40 pm
Due to vacation by the end of the week I may be posting less or even not at all.
Please assume my PC is following the party
Mar 18, 2024 8:29 pm
Just a heads up. I’m heading for another surgery on Monday. That’s to say that I may be a bit preoccupied this week, but I’ll try and post as much as I can
Mar 26, 2024 2:34 am
Take care of yourself. This is for fun and should not be a source of stress so no worries. Hope all goes well
Mar 29, 2024 8:58 am
Hey gang, just a quick update. I'll get home from the hospital today but will obviously still be on painkillers and on top of easter (I have a very active 5 year old who'll be home from kindergarten and have to be entertained) that might restrict my posting until next week. Again, sorry for the delay and thanks for your patience.
Mar 29, 2024 2:58 pm
Thanks for the heads up. Good luck relaxing with the kid with 10^10^10 times more energy than you :)
Enjoy the holiday
Last edited March 29, 2024 2:58 pm
Apr 7, 2024 3:11 am
I am on vacation Sunday through Tuesday so posting will be spotty or non-existent
Apr 8, 2024 1:17 pm
Thanks for the heads up
Apr 15, 2024 8:32 pm
Hey gang. Just want to quickly tell you a bit more of what’s been going on. So basically as you may know, I had two surgeries in quick succession. The first one was to remove a tumour that they initially thought was benign, unfortunately that didn’t turn out to be the case and it was instead revealed to be cancer, which necessitated a second surgery to remove some healthy tissue and bone and install a prosthetic knee. If everything goes well, that should be that for now and I’d require no further treatment. But obviously as you might figure this has taken a bit of a mental toll and that’s also why my posts have been infrequent, more than I would have liked. If you think the game moves too slow for your taste, I understand if you’d like to leave, I can’t promise that things will move smoothly right away. But I feel an improvement but physically and mentally, so I’m hopeful that I will be back fully in the saddle within a reasonable amount of time. Thanks for your patience.
Apr 15, 2024 8:45 pm
I'm hanging out. If it's slow, so be it.

You need to take care of yourself. Cancer is nothing to take lightly. Hopefully they got it handled, but regardless your own well-being is far more of a priority than a game.

Please don't feel guilty for making yourself a priority.
Apr 15, 2024 10:17 pm
I agree wholeheartedly with everything MaJunior said.
Take care of yourself.
I might have just joined this campaign, but I am here.
Rest. Relax. Give yourself better.
Apr 17, 2024 7:04 pm
Hey I'm all good!
Apr 17, 2024 7:17 pm
@Sassafras I may not be able to express the palette of the feelings overwhelmed me reading about your situation. Thanks for sharing. My best wishes. I hope this game for you is currently less an obligation and more an opportunity to switch context.
Apr 17, 2024 8:43 pm
Thanks guys, I felt like it was best to give the full story to explain. It's been taxing for sure and it still varies a lot from day to day. But I'm trying to look at it as the worst being behind me now, at least for the foreseeable future.
Apr 25, 2024 1:37 pm
I would just like to apologize.
My energy level, motivation, and mental focus have completely dropped.
I have had no energy to post or do anything on any of the games I am currently playing in.
It has nothing to do with you as DM, the game, or the players.
I have just lost all motivation to type up anything.

I will try and work to fix this but IDK what to do.
It might just be from added stress or other BS reason.

Once again I am sorry. Give me a little bit.
Apr 25, 2024 4:13 pm
No worries mate. I totally understand. Creativity can be exhausting when you're not in the mood. That's why many authors struggle with their second book, once they get on contact. If you can j ust AFK if till you get your mojo back we can keep things moving.
Maybe we can inspire you. 😜
Last edited April 25, 2024 4:13 pm
May 3, 2024 3:09 pm
Touching in again. Looks like Sassafras is MIA 8 days now. Hope all is well
May 3, 2024 4:55 pm
Agreed. That said... if he needs the time to heal/recover/rest up he can take it. I don't mind a little pause.
May 3, 2024 5:32 pm
Yeah, I just lose track of things so set myself a habit of going through games weekly to try and make sure I didn't miss anything.
May 7, 2024 7:53 pm
Hey guys, sorry for the inactivity. I tried to see if it would help to unplug fully for a week or so, but I think I might have to put the game on hiatus for now. I just don’t really have the mental energy to devote time to it right now, which sucks because I was really enjoying running it. My hope is that once my recovery starts to get going a bit faster that I’ll maybe be able to get back on here and restart it, but I don’t really know at this point. I’ll keep the game open for now and I’ll reach out to you once everything has improved enough for me to return.
May 7, 2024 8:04 pm
Take care. Thanks for the heads up. I've enjoyed the campaign so would like to pick up up if/when everyone is up for it.
Last edited May 8, 2024 2:29 pm
May 8, 2024 2:22 pm
No worries man, take some time. I am absolutely willing to pick back up again when and if you decide that's something you feel up to tackling. For now, just take care of yourself.
May 10, 2024 1:29 pm
I think I am going to have to drop out.
My wife and I have been sick for like 3+ weeks now.
High Fevers, Lethergy, Coughing, sore thoat and such.
We have been to the doctor and it is not Covid nor a Flu they don't know what it is.

I have had no energy to do anything. Barely any energy to check the game I am running.

I am sorry I did enjoy this while I was able....
May 10, 2024 1:50 pm
Man, I hope you guys get better too. That sounds horrible.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.