OOC Chat

load previous
Apr 1, 2023 6:09 pm
Sassafras says:
Chitkree, remember that I don’t use flanking rules. However the first roll is the nat 20, so I’ll allow it.
Sorry forgot - I will put a not on Chitkrees sheet for the future - I got my games mixed up and a quick search showed flanking mentioned but apparently I should have read content better
Apr 1, 2023 7:12 pm
No offense just a feedback of reason of my mistakes:
Sassafras says:

The only other feature of this chamber is a narrow hole near the top of the left wall and a door of beaten brass on the far wall.
I was assuming we just opened those doors to enter the room that we see right now in the battle map, when I posted my PC is closing the doors.

2. I do remember you told us 10 feet a cell but I did forget about it while look a the battle map dimensions, thanks for fixing my move
https://i.imgur.com/rWQ9G6t.jpg
Apr 1, 2023 9:22 pm
No, Tikcha and then Chitkree scouted ahead and in that I tried to describe a longer distance. That room is quite far away. Sorry if I wasn’t being clearer. As for the distance, there might be a way to change or turn off that "5 ft" marker in the OTFB code, but I’m still learning how to use it properly and haven’t figured that out yet. Again, sorry for the confusion.
Apr 6, 2023 5:07 pm
Fun facts - Thri-kreen could only transmit thoughts mentally to willing creature they can see.
It would mean if we were all Thri-kreen we would not be able to talk to person behind the door.
Apr 6, 2023 5:09 pm
LoL. Well we could click clack and chitter
I am sure that works reassure him 😊
Apr 6, 2023 5:30 pm
😂
*Chitkree clicks reassuringly*
Apr 12, 2023 5:35 pm
I think we may need two separate polls for the options given. Voting on the idol clears my vote on Grim.
Apr 12, 2023 6:38 pm
Or allow multiple votes
Apr 13, 2023 5:34 pm
That’s my mistake, I kinda thought I had allowed for multiple votes >_> stupid poll…
Apr 13, 2023 5:40 pm
I think I fixed the poll now
Apr 13, 2023 6:33 pm
SO is the poll to destroy the alter, which is evil, the idol which is symbolic but not evil, or both?
I want to destroy the alter but dont care about the idol, unless some one has a portable hole
Last edited April 13, 2023 6:34 pm
Apr 13, 2023 6:36 pm
I assumed the goal was to destroy the alter.
Apr 13, 2023 6:53 pm
déjà vu
destroy buddha yet again. Not sure I like that aspect of the scenarios
Apr 13, 2023 8:44 pm
You have a preoccupation with Budha.

It's more like destroying an Aztec sacrificial alter where countless people were murdered.

Again, it's a fictional world where some gods are irrefutably evil AND can have a direct influence in the world. In D&D, it isn't just a belief system.

I just don't see the two worlds as analogous. They aren't comparable.
Last edited April 13, 2023 9:18 pm
Apr 14, 2023 7:24 am
I think I will simply not participate epilogues where PCs are demolishing legacy and allow DM to auto pilot my PC

P.S. It is not just Budha. Century ago "Religion is the Opium of the People" were used as reason to demolish Christians churches, for example. Just because people in this real world believed religion as practice (not as belief system) to have evil "direct influence in the world".
Apr 14, 2023 11:54 am
You're comparing apples to hubcaps.

In the real world, religion has only ever been a belief system. We don't even know if any Gods exist.

In D&D, characters know Gods exist. Gods can walk the land. They can scream in your head, or answer your appeals by granting you magic. They aren't just spoken about in apocryphal stories, you can come face to face with them. THAT is direct influence in the world.

Something the real world has simply never had.
Apr 14, 2023 11:56 am
You are right, I'm wrong. I'll try not to bring this topic up again.
Apr 14, 2023 2:17 pm
Chitkree is not interested in destroying anything or killing anyone. He suggested having tht prisoners destroy something as a test of their religious affiliating
I as a player think of that paladin can detect evil if is worth destroying

To be clear i do not think Augustine shared that he detected evil from the alter. What would have to happen to make an alter have an evil aura? Would the fact it is evil taint anything happening with it in Augustine's view?
Apr 14, 2023 4:04 pm
My PC want to destroy idol, not altar to prevent human greed. This goblin has preoccupation about human greed
Apr 14, 2023 4:39 pm
that makes sense
I was wondering why the focus was split
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.