OOC Chat

load previous
Jan 6, 2023 4:36 pm
😂🤣😂🤣
Jan 6, 2023 5:59 pm
I also love the idea of it being the warforged with resistance to poison and advantage to poison con saves, that is trying to spoil it without accidentally creating mustard gas. "Does this smell strange to you?"
Jan 6, 2023 6:15 pm
who needs resistance when you have mage hand and spare skeleton bones to pull all over the place?
just stay away from the goblin trying to solve problems the smart way :)
Jan 6, 2023 11:00 pm
Well when i saw "adding agents outside of the formula to the cauldron" I had images of the resutl looking something like a Looney Tunes exposions.
Jan 6, 2023 11:01 pm
Only if he rolls really poorly, but he probably won’t…probably…
Jan 6, 2023 11:03 pm
Quote:
just stay away from the goblin trying to solve problems the smart way :)
you mean the one who thought it a great idea to jump on the big metaphorical X marks the spot under the anvil? I mean throne and sword.
It keeps thing moving at least and the DM did imply we may be rerolling characters. just wasnt expecting to to be so soon. LoL
Jan 7, 2023 11:16 am
are we doing a grid-based combat now? How does diagonal movement is measured if we do.
It looks like it is DMG version - "the first diagonal square counts as 5 feet, but the second diagonal square counts as 10 feet." is that right?
Jan 7, 2023 12:15 pm
It was a grid in the last combat as well 🤷‍♂️ usually I tend to operate with the default rules of it being 5 ft regardless. It’s simpler and not particularly game breaking (even if there is a whole geometrical reason for the 5-10-5-10 to be more accurate)
Jan 7, 2023 12:26 pm
Honestly, the 5-10-5-10 thing never made sense.

I can cover thirty feet in a straight line if I walk at 90 degree angles, but only 2/3 that if I walk at a 45 degree angle?
Jan 7, 2023 12:56 pm
I counted some zombies moved 7 squares with two diagonal movements, which perfectly fit 5-10-5-10. That's why guess.
I'm more than happy with 5 ft regardless

P.S. Well, you know - I have master degree from math/physics faculty and 5-10-5-10 makes most sense and seems natural, but I know it is not normal to have a mindset of mine :)
Jan 7, 2023 2:54 pm
I think that was probably just a miscount 😅 I just know there’ll be more mistakes on my part if I implemented the other method, so I’ll just keep it simple
Jan 7, 2023 4:15 pm
Simple is good. Six squares is six squares.
Jan 7, 2023 4:47 pm
YESSSS! Those are the rolls I’ve been waiting for!
Jan 7, 2023 4:49 pm
HeavyDuty03 says:
YESSSS! Those are the rolls I’ve been waiting for!
Praise RNGesus!! 🤣
Jan 9, 2023 5:10 am
Now THAT’S A LOT OF DAMAGE.
Jan 9, 2023 5:37 am
The crazy thing was that it was still succeeding in its con save if it hadn’t been for Zrukz’s spell. Can’t believe how well they’ve rolled those
Jan 9, 2023 6:04 am
Chitkree may seriously developed mental trauma and just keep stabbing things. Just die already.
Or invest in a chill touch charm for his blades.
I was thinking of going to the college of Whithetbloom. The attst of life and death wood appeal to the hunter mentality. Plus getting Chill Touch and Spare the Dying could've been nice but I thought Mage Hand and Guidance might be more useful. Sigh!
Jan 9, 2023 7:04 am
You just need to get some radiant damage for your weapons, then they're no sweat xD maybe invest in holy water or something
Jan 9, 2023 7:36 am
Just change the DM's dice :). Last time I used zombies as DM none of then ever passed the con save, so I was disappointed my players never had to learn zombies has the trait. Besides in AL those may have been the only zombies we faced ever, I want to believe their stories are versatile.
P.S. Paladin fist level spell Divine Favor is also a solution.
Jan 9, 2023 12:23 pm
Hah! Crit damage! You are staying down his time!
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.