OOC Chat

load previous
Jan 9, 2023 12:33 pm
Nice! They are done and dusted.
Jan 9, 2023 12:49 pm
Hmm. Paladin rogue sounds interesting
Oath of Vengeance and assassin riding a nightmare (esk) steed
While mounted do they always get sneak attack as their steed is an ally?
The dark knight
Lol
Last edited January 9, 2023 12:57 pm
Jan 9, 2023 1:59 pm
I am wondering if I can use the sight from Tikcha to establish telepathic comunication with others that he can see but I can not.
"as an action, you can see through your familiar's eyes"
[ +- ] Find Familiar ( 1st Wiz)
"You have the magical ability to transmit your thoughts mentally to willing creatures you can see within 120 feet"
[ +- ] Thri-kreen Telepathy 120'
Jan 9, 2023 2:16 pm
Aaaah, okay. In that way. Hmm, that is a good question. I'll say yeah, since you can telepathically communicate with multiple creatures and since you can see through Tikcha's eyes (and since that link is within the 120 ft range anyway), then I suppose you'd be able to transmit your thoughts to the people Tikcha can see.
Jan 9, 2023 4:10 pm
I agree with your assessment. It is common to cast spells requiring sight using the familiar to scout ahead. The trick is to distinguish between effects where seeing the target is enough vs those requiring line of sight from the caster.
Jan 9, 2023 10:18 pm
Can't wait to see narrative for my nat 1, lol. Goblin throwing a sword deserve it
Jan 11, 2023 11:51 am
Should I make a shared treasure thread? Just to make sure you keep track of potions, scrolls etc.
Jan 11, 2023 12:46 pm
Sure that works
Jan 12, 2023 3:09 pm
A random question. How do you guys feel about in game death? How hardcore do you want me to be about resurrection etc?
Jan 12, 2023 4:35 pm
I'm not opposed to in game death. I'm not a fan of losing a character because of a random really bad roll (or a random really good roll for the DM), but death due to bad choices, or big story moments, things like that are fine.

Dying while we fight the Lich is cool. Even dying fighting the undead hordes protecting the Lich is great. If I badmouth the king in his court and he orders my execution? I have that coming.

Dying because I missed an Athletics test by 2 points while crossing some hindering terrain, and ending up dead? That might leave a bad taste.

But... all that being said... as long as I know the lethality of the game ahead of time (it can affect how I play), it takes the sting off.
Jan 12, 2023 5:23 pm
Mostly agree with MaJunior. Anyhow my own detailed opinion below
[ +- ] How I feel about
[ +- ] How hardcore do I want?
Jan 12, 2023 8:49 pm
I can generally get in line with that. I’m not gonna completely rule out deaths due to bad dice rolls, not even bad skill rolls, but I will always try to be as fair as possible in that regard.

How do you guys feel about resurrections? Here I’m not talking so much about someone in the party getting the ability to resurrect, but more about paying for the service
Jan 12, 2023 9:23 pm
I always figured it was just a service temples offered if they had a cleric of high enough level. Temples have to make money somehow, and spell casting services is probably the easiest.
Jan 12, 2023 11:21 pm
In line with the others on death. Basicaly if a stupid roll or random effect kills someone then perhaps that would be a good time to succeed at a cost. IE you dont die but are unconcious and have a serious wound, lost limb, etc.
I figure Resurection is a game/setting thing. I typically am for it and it exists in the games I run and play in but just because it exists does not make it common. We have used things lilke imposed quests for temples for each resurrection.
Well, at 1st level with our current income there is not way to afford resurrection. Even revivify @ 300GP minimum is outside our reach.
Last edited January 13, 2023 3:10 am
Jan 13, 2023 2:42 pm
That's cool. I propose we'll run with (more or less) the official AL rules on it
[ +- ] AL Rules on death
As mentioned, I can't completely rule out "random" deaths during combat or something similar. I do feel like there needs to be some sort of risk involved, otherwise things like death saving throws or critical skill checks/saving throws kind of lose meaning. But above all else everyone should have fun, so I'll be as fair as possible with these things, I don't want anyone to feel cheated.
Jan 15, 2023 4:25 pm
Sorry for not posting. I just find this third scenario so contrived and outside Griffin's skill set that I really have no idea how to contribute.
Jan 15, 2023 4:41 pm
Honestly, this mission was always the one I was coldest on. It’s a scenario that works okay at the table, but on pbp it’s a little tricky. And the puzzle itself is either glaringly obvious or incredibly difficult based on the information you manage to get. On the bright side it is theoretically quite short.

Do you guys want some hints or do you prefer to skip it altogether? Or how do the rest of you feel?
Jan 15, 2023 4:44 pm
just go with "I just wanna beat people up right now" and start a drunken brawl so I can use that time to search everyone. This applies multiple skill sets and belief systems. Violence, Deceptions, Upholding Peace and Safety, Might Makes Right, Protect the Little Guy. LOL

If your character would sit out then do that. You can always be the Commentator and jut sit back at the table watching all this crazy comtion and point out everything we do wrong. People get paid to do that stuff all the time.
Jan 15, 2023 5:22 pm
Griffin starts a twitch channel
Jan 15, 2023 5:33 pm
I believe we should simply do what we were asked to do
Quote:
split up and talk to anyone who looks suspicious
Maybe we should do some OOC brainstorming on how to proceed to make story compelling and avoid what we were warned about
Quote:
the possessor of the item might set it off
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.