OOC Chat

load previous
Oct 26, 2023 7:26 pm
Exactly, that was part of the reason I had for deciding to run it in the first place. Had tried running several regular modules before this and it pretty much always happens.
GreyWord says:

P.S. I am probably going to miss opportunity to waste my spell slots on non combat encounters ;) but who knows
Haha, if anyone could find a way it’d be you 😂
Oct 26, 2023 8:23 pm
Its way over my bedtime, so I'll come up with a character concept tomorrow. I can see that Zrukz is a goblin sorceror, but I don't know about the other characters. Othere than there is a bug person
Oct 26, 2023 8:31 pm
Thrikreen strixhaven rogue druid with a familiar

Augustine is a human paladin, the normal guy/ poster boy face of the group
Last edited October 26, 2023 8:32 pm
Oct 27, 2023 1:43 pm
Hi everyone! Thank you for the invite Sassafras.

I'm thinking in joining the "normal guy" part of the group with an Elven Noble Fighter (archer), that has joined the Harpers.

Dall-E made that avatar for me:

https://i.imgur.com/BPJtkYp.jpg
Last edited October 27, 2023 1:59 pm
Oct 31, 2023 9:13 am
The next module is now posted!
Nov 9, 2023 11:59 am
Recommend this to understand
[ +- ] Thunderwave
Nov 9, 2023 12:48 pm
Yeah that was the conclusion I came to after reading a bit about it again
Nov 9, 2023 11:00 pm
Hi Sassafras, don't know if you are aware, but if you add the AC to the reason, it highlights the result.

Ghoul 1 Vs Aramil (AC16)
Last edited November 9, 2023 11:01 pm

Rolls

Ghoul 1 Vs Aramil (AC16) - (1d20+2, 1d20+4)

1d20+2 : (9) + 2 = 11

1d20+4 : (11) + 4 = 15

Ghoul 1 Vs Aramil (AC16) - (1d20+15)

(6) + 15 = 21

Nov 10, 2023 10:14 am
Haha, I didn't know for sure but was close to throwing your ACs in there just to try yesterday. Good to know for sure though
Nov 22, 2023 4:03 pm
@Sassafras just out of curiosity, is it defined in the module that we have a Ghoul not as in Monster Manual but twice as powerful - with a multi-attack feature, or did you decided to add it to balance for our 6 player party.
Nov 22, 2023 6:40 pm
Ha! Well…I could lie and say that it was for balancing purposes, but I just went ahead and added a multi-attack feature because I thought it said so. Sometimes my reading goes a little fast, I’ll readily admit that. I will be fair and amend it going forward, no reason to stack the deck. I’m already adding enemies to adjust for the party size. As a mea culpa I’ll give you a little more experience points for the first encounter
Nov 24, 2023 11:04 am
Just a heads up, I’ll be driving cross country in about an hour (it’s Denmark so that’s still "only" about 4 hours) and I’ll be going back tomorrow. That’s on either end of some time spent with the extended family. I’ll still try and post tonight, but I can’t guarantee that I have the energy
Nov 24, 2023 3:00 pm
No worries, family and life beyond the game matter :) have fun
Nov 29, 2023 9:33 pm
I just realized something... I don't think sneak attack works with spells?

Did I miss a house rule?
Nov 29, 2023 9:49 pm
any attack with a to hit can use sneak attack as far as I knew. I will double check, . . .
[ +- ] Sneak Attack
Sigh, my bad. Ignore the 2nd d6 on that damage then. It makes sense I guess so sneak attack and cantrip damage does not stack as levels go up.
Last edited November 29, 2023 9:52 pm
Nov 29, 2023 9:52 pm
"The attack must use a finesse or a ranged weapon."

A spell is technically neither.

You edited as I posted. ^.^

Spells can crit though. That might be what you were thinking? Honestly I'm ok if they proc sneak attack too but I'm going to use it maliciously. Lol

Can you imagine a critical sneak-attack fireball?!

"I'm sorry, how many d6 were you rolling?"
Last edited November 29, 2023 9:55 pm
Nov 29, 2023 9:55 pm
So would would work with green flame blade, booming blade, or magic stone, but not other cantrips?
Nov 29, 2023 10:05 pm
Psybermagi says:
So would would work with green flame blade, booming blade, or magic stone, but not other cantrips?
My understanding is both "blade" spells should be yes -- but magic stone no.

The blade spells say you make a melee attack.
- That said, it may be a no because the spells don't say they are melee weapon attacks, even though they are melee attacks and using a weapon. It all gets kind of confusing. As an example, monk's unarmed strikes are melee weapon attacks, but are not attacks with melee weapons. Point is, the wording gets very specific.

Regardless, I think those two work.

Magic stone says you make a ranged spell attack with the pebbles. That one's right out.
Last edited November 29, 2023 10:07 pm
Dec 24, 2023 12:21 pm
Merry Christmas to y’all. I’ll try and be as active as possible but I’ll be quite busy until the 3rd of January. I hope everyone will have a pleasant break
Jan 14, 2024 5:42 pm
I'm not really enjoying Vess, so after this adventure, I would like to introduce a new character.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.