OOC Chat

load previous
Jan 29, 2023 11:25 am
From Jan 26, 2023 11:24 am 01. Defiance in Phlan
Sassafras says:
The last two remaining goblins disengage and sprint away.
OOC:
End of combat, although the two sleeping goblins will wake up a minute later
I figured the two that ran away would alert the other goblins. Or at least some and they would likely spread the word. I didn't give chase as the DM ended the fight and Urzog would likely have gotten mad if Chitkree hunted then down.

I am all for a bonus dungeon crawl or monster hunt but at that time the primary objective was the safety of the farmers. Not sure how Urzog and Zrukz would react to either idea.
Last edited January 29, 2023 12:35 pm
Jan 29, 2023 11:26 am
Yeah, if you’d go full swampland Batman on them and take out their raiding parties one by one, that’s doable. If you were to go to their "base" where all said raiding parties would converge, that’s a different prospect
Jan 29, 2023 1:37 pm
Btw, a quick note on activity. Verrain hasn’t logged on to GP in 9 days. I’m going to bot him for the last mission and if he hasn’t returned by then, will recruit a replacement for the next module. I think if someone disappears for about 14 days without saying anything, it’s okay to replace them. Do you think that sounds fair?
Jan 29, 2023 2:01 pm
Psybermagi says:
From Jan 26, 2023 11:24 am 01. Defiance in Phlan
Sassafras says:
The last two remaining goblins disengage and sprint away.
OOC:
End of combat, although the two sleeping goblins will wake up a minute later
I figured the two that ran away would alert the other goblins. Or at least some and they would likely spread the word. I didn't give chase as the DM ended the fight and Urzog would likely have gotten mad if Chitkree hunted then down.

I am all for a bonus dungeon crawl or monster hunt but at that time the primary objective was the safety of the farmers. Not sure how Urzog and Zrukz would react to either idea.
Aaaah, those two. I was actually close to write "Out of Combat unless you want to give chase", but yeah sorry about that. In the future I’ll be more mindful about that and also feel free to let me know if I’m putting a stop on something you guys would like to do
Jan 29, 2023 3:59 pm
I feel two weeks is more than accomodating.

If something truly has happened and he has been incommunicado for that long because of Life, we can rotate him back in down the road some.
Jan 29, 2023 4:33 pm
For a game this fast moving 2 weeks is generous
And like you said, they can always come back next round
Jan 29, 2023 8:38 pm
Psybermagi says:
For a game this fast moving 2 weeks is generous
And like you said, they can always come back next round
same
Jan 31, 2023 9:39 pm
Quote:
missing ears which is a telltale sign of The Welcomers
Did I miss something? Should our PCs know what's "The Welcomers"? And that the missing ear is the sign?
I can't let go the feeling that we are probably releasing thieves and murderers just because of the rumors one stranger shared.
Jan 31, 2023 10:07 pm
It was off-handedly mentioned by the Harper agent all the way back after the first mission when you returned the egg.
Sassafras says:
The Harper scratches his head, "What did they look like? Were they missing their left ears?". You realise that they indeed were, "If so they were members of the Welcomers, our local thieves guild. As for how they knew, both the buyer and the seller used intermediaries to set up the meeting. My best guess is that they found out through one of them". He opens the satchel and takes out the egg, he turns it in his hands a few times and frowns, "It’s a fake. I must say I’m both disappointed and relieved that it’s not the real thing"
Feb 2, 2023 3:54 pm
Sorry about the delay everyone. Life was kinda beating me up yesterday but I’m going to get caught up with what was going on post-battle to have Urzog make some sense during RP.

But Jesus F$&@ THAT DAMAGE. YESSS!
Feb 2, 2023 5:05 pm
Absolutely no problem :) Life gets in the way sometimes for us all
Feb 3, 2023 3:00 pm
Just wanted to say sorry I reacted this morning on Urzog destroying obelisks as if it was taliban destroy buddha. Will keep my opinion to myself next time.
Feb 3, 2023 8:21 pm
Keep in mind, we are fictional people doing fictional things in a fictional world.

That said, if real life budhas generated an ongoing fear effect that could be used to mentally torment and break a person's mind, I wouldn't be opposed to destroying them IRL either. 🤷
Feb 15, 2023 8:57 am
Want to discuss an issue
On my last post I made my PC to communicate with Urzog telepathically, but HeavyDuty03 appears to be offline 3 days already
Any preferences - should I just post nothing until player comes back, because MY PC is waiting for his answer/reaction or should we alter the story and my PC choose a different target for his telepathic connection?

Or we could simply let DM proceed with the pub-fight, because dice have already decided that.
Feb 15, 2023 9:19 am
I’ll let it be up to you. The situation has changed since you posted, so you could react to that and put the telepathic conversation on the back burner. If you feel like Zrukz wouldn’t do anything until receiving a response then maybe it’s preferable to retcon who you communicated with. I don’t want to lock you down since we don’t know for sure when/if HeavyDuty returns.
Feb 15, 2023 12:57 pm
Pulling combatants apart seems more of a big strong type thing. Double shoulder shrug from Chitkree
Feb 15, 2023 2:01 pm
Exactly - situation changed the brawl it is and communication is not important any more. Moving on
Feb 18, 2023 12:46 pm
This was actually a question to players - do you want Zrukz to go alone to save on game time because I can interact with the NPC in parallel to other team doing other stuff, or you would prefer to be able to contribute to the social interaction with that Liela NPC.
I can promise that my PC would ask NPC to let him call his teammates you run out of actions and I'm still talking
Feb 18, 2023 1:20 pm
I'm fine with Zurkz going on ahead. Like you said, if something important happens then you can come get us or we may even get there soon after you.
Feb 18, 2023 8:19 pm
go for it Zurkz
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.