03 - the boulders

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Jan 21, 2023 10:50 am
"They will be alarmed to find us here, past their sentries. Perhaps it is best if one of us goes forward to talk to them, the rest staying behind, half visible. We can hint that there are many more of us, to gain more leverage." he whispers to the others. " The unseen makes people easy to fool. " he adds with a tooth-gaped grin.
OOC:
he proposes for the group to stay half hidden, spreading in a wide arc around the cave entrance to look more numerous. Then for one of them, maybe himself as he looks not much of a threat, to step forward and talk to the cave occupants.
Jan 21, 2023 5:08 pm
Wolfhowl nods his agreement and gets ready to find a secure position.

Twist just scowls at Winterskull and says nothing.
Jan 21, 2023 7:34 pm
you are still safely hidden away. Will give it a few more days of real life / seconds of game time and then the sentries get another notice check.........
Jan 21, 2023 9:08 pm
Mag agrees, but offers, "I'll go back the way we came, and approach the sentries from the plains. If anything goes wrong, send the raven to the air and I'll rush in--we could all be dead at that point anyway, so Caution won't be a concern."
Jan 22, 2023 12:26 am
"If Mag will need the raven to signal him then it is best if Winterskull stays with the partially hidden group," Twist reminds the other in a whisper. "I say Ruko or Wolfhowl go talk with the hairy folk."
OOC:
Considering how ugly/deformed Wolfhowl looks he may not be the best choice
Last edited January 22, 2023 12:27 am
Jan 22, 2023 8:51 am
so..... Mag walks out, leaves the rest between the boulders (hopefully hidden) and then makes himself known to the sentries. Right?
Jan 22, 2023 9:18 pm
OOC:
That was my idea, but if others want to move a different direction we can! I wasn't sure if we intended to sneak all the way past, and check out the land further in the mountains or if we were gonna see what's up with these people.
Jan 22, 2023 10:06 pm
OOC:
I think we set off to sneak past the sentries and explore beyond to find shelter. The fact that now we went unnoticed and have a chance to talk to the tribe chiefs/elders directly to see if they'll let us share their shelter is happenstance. We can try that, or carry on sneaking and look for our own shelter past this tribe.
Jan 22, 2023 10:07 pm
OOC:
It is hard to know the best course of action, without any reference point on what these hairy people are like. Not sure if our tribe has ever met them before, traded, etc. Our aim is to find safer ground for our tribe, with ready food supply, etc. It would be great to sneak our whole tribe past them and explore further up the mountain, but that is unlikely to go well for us as our tribe is largish.

Maybe we have no choice but to talk to the hairy tribe, and see how it goes. They have a cave, so maybe there is room for all of us to shelter, and if they turn out to be friendly then we might gain some allies. If it all starts going horribly wrong hopefully we are strong enough to defeat them.
OOC:
It sounds like we want to sneak past, and carry on further. Is that what you are both thinking? I agree with the strategy if it is
Last edited January 22, 2023 10:09 pm
Jan 23, 2023 9:09 am
Drakis2 says:
OOC:
It is hard to know the best course of action, without any reference point on what these hairy people are like. Not sure if our tribe has ever met them before, traded, etc.
some good points there indeed. This would be a common knowledge check. Every1 can roll for it.
Jan 23, 2023 9:19 am
hmmmm...... nope.... nada off Ulum. He shrugs.

Rolls

Com. Know. - (1d4, 1d6, RA)

1d4 : (3) = 3

1d6 : (3) = 3

Jan 23, 2023 5:45 pm
Mag thinks.

Rolls

Common Knowledge Trait - (1d4, RA)

(3) = 3

Common Knowledge Wild - (1d6, RA)

(4) = 4

Jan 23, 2023 6:46 pm
OOC:
Rolling Common Knowledge
"You are always telling tales of your hunts to the children and women Wolfhowl. What do you know of this tribe?" Twist pokes Wolfhowl painfully in the ribs.

"I have seen them before, and know something of them, yes," he rubs the sore point as he whispers back.
Last edited January 23, 2023 6:48 pm

Rolls

Wolfhowl - Common Knowledge - (1d4, RA)

(3) = 3

Wolfhowl - Wild Dice Common Knowledge - (1d6, RA)

(64) = 10

Twist - Common Knowledge - (1d6, RA)

(2) = 2

Twist - Wild Dice Common Knowledge - (1d6, RA)

(2) = 2

Jan 23, 2023 11:30 pm
OOC:
rolls

Rolls

RUKO: Common Knowledge* - (1d4, 1d6, RA)

1d6 : (1) = 1

Jan 23, 2023 11:30 pm
OOC:
rolls too
"My eyesight isn't that good... can't tell... I don't think I know these hairy ones. " he says pointing at his one eye, and shaking his head.
Last edited January 23, 2023 11:32 pm

Rolls

Winterskull: Common Knowledge* - (1d4, 1d6, RA)

1d6 : (3) = 3

Jan 24, 2023 8:54 am
"These are the Buege ppl. Proud, territorial, fierce. Much dwindled in numbers; evidently...."
Jan 27, 2023 2:58 pm
"Well, let's see what they have to say. Maybe these strange times will make them seek an alliance."

Ruko waits for his companions to be in place as agreed: scattered in a wide arch and partially concealed, as if to give a sense of a larger group. Winterskull and his raven get ready too, in case the bird needs to be sent to call Mag back here to help.

He then steps forward in the open, walking towards the cave entrance, but careful not to get too close to the vulnerable children playing.
Once he is spotted, he will clearly lower his arms to the ground and show his open hands.

"Children, call your guardians, we want to talk." he says. "Tell them we are not here to fight. See?" he points at the weapons on the ground.
Jan 27, 2023 3:54 pm
please make a Persuasion (spirit) test...........
Jan 27, 2023 3:58 pm
OOC:
rolling

Rolls

RUKO: Persuasion* - (1d4, 1d6, RA)

1d4 : (1) = 1

1d6 : (663) = 15

Jan 27, 2023 4:03 pm
"See I was right. I told you he would put them at ease," Twist whispers to Winterskull and Wolfhowl, and she eases her hold on her weapons.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.