03 - the boulders

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Jan 27, 2023 9:57 pm
From his crouch, Mag tightens his grip on his spear. "Yeah, we'll see..." he whispers back to Twist.
Jan 29, 2023 7:27 pm
Dr_B says:
OOC:
rolling
can Ruko plz gimme a Linquistix test?
Jan 29, 2023 7:39 pm
OOC:
he only has Language (Native), not sure it is what you need

Rolls

RUKO: Language (Native) - (1d8, 1d6, RA)

1d8 : (1) = 1

1d6 : (3) = 3

Jan 29, 2023 8:15 pm
Ruko steps out and goes all William Shakespear on the hairy ppl.....
armed with the information from Wolfhowl with regard to the Buege ppl (made com. know. test with a raise)....
and despite a minor (-1) language barrier.....
Ruko strikes the perfect balance between a show of strength and respect to their territory and might.

Their reaction is as would be expected: initially, surprise as how you could have advanced so far into their position without being detected....
then a brief show of force of bone bashing and chimping out....
and once you do not budge either to attack or defend yourself their quickly quieten down.

Meanwhile the children that were playing, pretty much carry on after a brief pause to examine you. They do not feel threatened.

Forthwith an elder stagger out of the cave. He reminds you of Ugnult. only hairier and more bent over. His hairs are mostly white now. Either side of him are two of the nastiest looking Buege. Standing well over 6 feed with long muscular arms. They each carry a spear.

The elder approaches you with his guards, and scrutinizes Ruko mostly and gestures. He seems to be briefly indicating the children, the mothers and the warriors of his clan and utters a singular word with a strong accent: "Buege"
He then punches his chest and says: "Buege" (Wolfhowl will have heard of this guy - he is a bit of a legend as this clan seems to have his name)
He then punches Ruko on the chest and says: "You - who? How many - you? show Buege!"
OOC:
You are all in character and can do whatever you like: linguistix tests, hide tests if you wanna carry on hiding, you can attack, you can do Notice, whatever.....
Jan 29, 2023 8:39 pm
Twist squeezes closer behind her boulder, trying to keep hidden, but she finds it difficult to stop herself from poking her head around the boulder to watch Ruko and the Buege.
OOC:
She has no Stealth skill, so rolling unskilled
Last edited January 29, 2023 8:42 pm

Rolls

Stealth - (1d4-2, RA)

(2) - 2 = 0

Wild Dice Stealth - (1d6-2, RA)

(5) - 2 = 3

Jan 29, 2023 8:41 pm
Wolfhowl grips his weapon, ready to help protect the group if the Buege decide to attack, but he remains hidden.

He scans around the area trying to spot for any danger from the other tribes people.
Last edited January 29, 2023 8:43 pm

Rolls

Stealth - (1d8, RA)

(4) = 4

Wild Dice Stealth - (1d6, RA)

(63) = 9

Notice - (1d6, RA)

(5) = 5

Wild Dice Notice - (1d6, RA)

(5) = 5

Jan 30, 2023 11:57 pm
Ruko beats his chest too in response. "Ruko. There's many of us," he says making a wide gesture towards his half-hidden companions. "But we want no fight. We want shelter for the night. You understand? We are not here for war."
Feb 2, 2023 11:05 pm
Mag, picking up on the mood of Ruko's comment, stands up and steps out from his hiding place. He walks forward, showing the width of his shoulders, and size of his arms, but keeps his spear lowered at an unthreatening angle.

I'll show them I'm a force to be reckoned with, backing up Ruko's words, but that I'm no danger...yet, he thinks.
Feb 5, 2023 10:42 am
Buege gestures with his head towards where you are shuffling about:
Ruko and Mag have stepped out. As does Ulum and the pig.
Wolfhowl is hiding (ostensibly), and Twist is attempting to hide.
One of his bodyguards leaves his side to walk among you. (weather your Stealth test was successful or not they spot you).

Then he looks up at the "sentries" and barks a command and they go back to looking out. They then start chimping out again clearly alarmed by what they can see.

"Cave too small for your number. Women and children can stay a night - if you bring food"
Feb 5, 2023 11:38 am
Ruko looks at Mag by his side "What do you say? At least part of the clan will be sheltered... we have a little food..." he whispers.
Feb 5, 2023 11:54 am
"What about the elders?" he steps out from his hiding spot and calls out to Buege. The raven flaps its wings. "We can trade stories... men need to be united when gods fight..."
OOC:
he wants to extend the sheltering deal to the elders, rolling Persuade to bargain

Rolls

Winterskull: Persuasion* - (1d4, 1d6, RA)

1d4 : (3) = 3

1d6 : (65) = 11

Feb 5, 2023 2:33 pm
A curt nod Ruko. "Agreed. And it'll gives us time to prove our worth, to our new allies. "
Feb 6, 2023 1:25 pm
"Stories for me, food for my people. Field full of fresh meat. Bring cow to caveā€¦. Hurry; not much sunlight left."
Feb 6, 2023 4:36 pm
Wolfhowl will offer to trot off to meet the tribe, and tell them the news that shelter has been found so long as they trade with food.

"The hunt for meat is easy for Mag and Ruko, as you do not need me to track them for you."
Feb 6, 2023 4:37 pm
Twist smiles at the chief and finds a rock to sit down on to wait.
Feb 6, 2023 10:53 pm
"You have our gratitude, Buege. The children and women will soon be here. And our few elders," he adds pointing at Winterskull.

He turns to the clan and starts gathering the food they cut from the dead animal killed by the branch. He holds a leather satchel for others to drop their portion of food as a peace offering to Buege's tribe. "It's alright. Small price to pay to stay in the cave. Look: I'm putting mine in too," he says, giving the example.

To Mag, Wolfhowl and other able men he says, "let us prepare to leave, once the clan is here. We can find our own shelter, and we'll move faster alone."
Last edited February 6, 2023 10:55 pm
Feb 6, 2023 10:56 pm
OOC:
is the food they carry with them a sufficient offer for Buege? Or did he want the whole dead animal carried here?
Last edited February 6, 2023 10:56 pm
Feb 6, 2023 11:33 pm
OOC:
Yes, it sounded like the Buegge wanted us to go kill another cow for them? Mag and Ruko could probably do it pretty easily, and meanwhile Wolfhowl could get the non-hunters of the tribe up the caves
Feb 7, 2023 9:01 am
Dr_B says:
OOC:
is the food they carry with them a sufficient offer for Buege? Or did he want the whole dead animal carried here?
He doesn't know about the half eaten corpse you found. He wants fresh food..... ;-)
Feb 7, 2023 9:04 am
Drakis2 says:
Wolfhowl will offer to trot off to meet the tribe, and tell them the news that shelter has been found so long as they trade with food.

"The hunt for meat is easy for Mag and Ruko, as you do not need me to track them for you."
His two bodyguards (who, though stooped slightly over, are still as tall as Mag) step forward with their spears.
"They will join you on the hunt"
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.