OOC Discussion

load previous
May 31, 2015 3:48 am
Looks like we're all in agreement.
Jun 5, 2015 4:25 pm
If you're waiting on Khan's next move, he's just gunna pull into the starport and take a look around.
Jun 12, 2015 6:29 pm
What's the plan to bring us in?

I'm reading the backstory so I can catch up.
Jun 12, 2015 10:11 pm
Good question. It's been a busy 2 week period for me, in fact I just returned from a friend's wedding this afternoon, so I haven't had much time to ponder it. I really don't feel like retconning you guys in, but here are some ideas.

Kenny, AKA Valoris, is about to come into some trouble at the same time the Imperials are locking down the 'port. I figure that a slicer could probably appropriate some expedited launch codes, so your Gank wouldn't have a hard time convincing the crew to let him/her on. And an archaeologist who can pilot the ship would come in handy when Rand has a heart attack (our pilot had a heart condition as part of his obligation). So I'm thinking, lets cause a lot of chaos in short order and all y'all can sort out exactly what terms you join under. But it shouldn't be hard to explain beyond just a reason to be in the spaceport and realize it's time to get out of dodge.
Jun 14, 2015 7:00 pm
Thrakazog, your character is approved. Please just note the current/spent XP. I'm assuming your extra obligation went toward credits, because cybernetics is expensive.
Jun 15, 2015 1:37 pm
RustInPieces says:
Thrakazog, your character is approved. Please just note the current/spent XP. I'm assuming your extra obligation went toward credits, because cybernetics is expensive.
Thanks!
Yeah, I took an extra 5 obligation and took that as +1000CR. I forgot that Gank PCs could only start with 2 cyber implants so the 5000 for implants that Ganks come with covered that. I used the extra 1000 for tools and weapons.
Jun 17, 2015 1:23 am
I'm running short on time tonight, so I'm going to try and deal with the posts on Thursday night instead.

In the meantime, I noticed that the dice roller once again has a bug and doesn't count Triumph as a success. Thrakazog, if you total up your first roll yourself you'll notice that you got "2 Advantage, 1 Triumph" plus "4 Success" for the following one. So I'm going to say that while you didn't exactly peg it as a smuggling vessel, you find the Turtle as a very likely candidate and overhear through some of the security comms that they're trying to leave very soon. And with 4 successes, I'm going to say you've got some very legitimate-looking merchant departure codes for the Turtle that are backdated before the Imperial announcement. I'll probably recap that in my post Thursday night.
Jun 17, 2015 2:06 pm
Oh, thanks for noticing that. That's what I get for trusting an online dice roller.
Jun 23, 2015 7:16 pm
Two things:

1.) I was thinking it might be fun to happen in on the fight between Valoris and the Imperial, if that's cool with Kenny.
2.) I'd like to use the advantage I scored with my last two rolls to regain some of my strain.
Jun 25, 2015 5:36 am
I'd be down.
Jun 25, 2015 11:21 am
I'm cool with that Thrakazog. Roll your initiative!

I almost feel sorry for the Imp....
Jun 25, 2015 10:40 pm
Okay, I deleted the "obligometer" thread and put it into a spreadsheet so I can more easily adjust values and have it recalculate the scores. Future obligation rolls will be secret. ;) And there's a new thread dedicated to the Turtle's statistics; I put in the upgrades we discussed. I updated the General Info thread as well. I didn't realize how far I'd gotten behind in paperwork.
Jun 29, 2015 6:49 pm
I was in Denmark for the last week (I falsely believed traveling wouldn't stop me from posting form time to time.. it did!), but I'm back now. I have also been waiting for this little scuffle to resolve and for an opportunity to incorporate Mado. Ostensibly he's in the area of The Turtle, my hope is that in the resolution of the scuffle I'll find a window :)
Jun 30, 2015 12:17 am
Welcome back, Candi. I didn't travel nearly as far, but it was a busy weekend for me. I was planning to ask you if you needed anything set up for your entry tonight, so this works out perfectly.

This combat won't last long no matter which way it goes. I'm downright impressed at how the first shot landed! If this keeps up, we'll have to name him and bring him back.

Anyone want to come up with an idea for the threat against the NPC? I'm open for suggestions. ;)
Jun 30, 2015 3:01 pm
There are the thugs in the same bay as the Turtle. Perhaps Candi could run afoul of them, or get caught in a scuffle between them and some newcomers. The Turtle might look like a tempting place to hide from that. Wuc'vulog, after tucking Rand away, would be waiting for the others to return.
Jun 30, 2015 4:08 pm
Denmark must be lovely. I went to Norway once. Loved it.

As far as the Imperial's threat...maybe he dropped his comlink during the scuffle without noticing?

Edit: And while I'm at it. Since I go after the Imperial, I'm not quite sure what I'll do yet, depending on how it goes, I'll either pull my blaster or pull a wrench out of my toolkit...
Last edited June 30, 2015 4:16 pm
Jun 30, 2015 4:49 pm
Good idea Qralloq, Mado can see the scuffle and duck into The Turtle to hide :) Clean and simple. I'll post it later.
Jul 2, 2015 7:37 pm
Quote:
Wuc'vulong: "Unless you're a pilot on the run from Imperial troops and looking for a quick job and a ride off this rock, you're about to get, umm, wrenched."
This made me exhale forcefully through my nose. Good job.
Jul 3, 2015 12:33 am
Kenny, I was just about to reply when I spotted a mistake with your dice pool. Instead of upgrading the difficulty, you upgraded your character's base dice pool incorrectly. Please edit your post and roll again with this dice pool: G G Y R

Upgrading the base dice pool works kinda like this:

G G Y -> G Y Y
Y Y Y -> G Y Y Y

And works similarly for difficulty:

P P R -> P R R
R R R -> P R R R
Jul 3, 2015 3:34 am
So I don't add dice, I just upgrade? Cuz I have the 3 brawn (3 green) and 1 brawl (1 yellow).
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.