OOC Discussion

Feb 11, 2015 5:28 pm
I just realized, while putting my thoughts together for our first scene, that we still haven't settled on:

- The ship's name
- The ship's type

I'm trying to remember the 3 in the core rule book, but I remember the YT-1300 (think Millennium Falcon) and I think the Cargo Master. I'll throw a custom one in the mix to choose from if you want it: the Ghtroc 720. I have stats that I found and reformatted if anyone wants them. In my opinion, the Ghtroc is a better ship than the YT-1300.

It won't come up in our first scene, but it would be nice to know how to refer to the ship.
Feb 11, 2015 6:08 pm
Can we call it the Space Slug? Maybe the Mynock?
Feb 11, 2015 6:52 pm
I like the name Emerald Phoenix for the ship. My vote goes to the Ghtroc 720 for the ship model.
Feb 11, 2015 7:44 pm
I concur with KGIII.
Feb 11, 2015 7:49 pm
The Ghtroc AKA Space Turtle? I'm down!
Feb 11, 2015 8:13 pm
Space turtle? I'm in!
Feb 11, 2015 8:24 pm
I'll just use this to test my character picture.

The Ghtroc 720 looks good, and I'm pretty partial to just calling it The Space Turtle, although I like Emerald Phoenix as well.
Feb 11, 2015 8:42 pm
Tortuga Grande?
Feb 11, 2015 9:06 pm
Emerald Phoenix, but more affectionately known as the Emerald Turtle?
Feb 11, 2015 9:10 pm
Wait is it actually green? Why emerald?
Feb 11, 2015 9:45 pm
How did you get your charact pic there?
Feb 11, 2015 9:46 pm
EldritchFire says:
How did you get your charact pic there?
There is an option to set it in the top right when you edit your character.
Last edited February 11, 2015 9:46 pm
Feb 11, 2015 9:46 pm
Oh, I figured it out. Just couldn't do it from the "Quick Post" at the bottom of the screen.
Feb 11, 2015 10:05 pm
Cool, I'm me. Anyway, I also like the idea of just calling it The Turtle. I'm ok with either option. And I just liked emerald because it's not a color usually associated with the phoenix. It sounded cool and mysterious.
Last edited February 11, 2015 11:48 pm
Feb 12, 2015 7:41 am
I'm ok with a color or an adjective or not. "The turtle" doesn't sound like it'd be the fastest ship in the rim though.
Feb 12, 2015 1:07 pm
I haven't had time to build a custom character sheet for the ship yet, but it's speed 3, handling 0, armor 4, HT 28, HS 18, 5 hardpoints. Did I mention it's called Turtle because it's tough? Also, it's only valued at 98k ... so if you want some aftermarket upgrades, there's still 22k in starting "ship cash" (as I think of it) that you guys could spend on upgrades. I'll try and get that formatted tonight so you guys can plan that out.

When I began drafting the starting post last night I forgot to roll obligation. Congratulations Valoris Khan! You win a -2 penalty to your strain threshold for the duration of our first session. (I'll be splitting the adventure into multiple sessions, so don't worry, it won't take forever.) There may also be someone from your past in this session to make things difficult.
Feb 12, 2015 4:26 pm
Since the majority want the Turtle I'm fine with that. As for upgrades, I'd like to know the ship's purpose... Is the group legit? Smugglers? Combination?
Feb 12, 2015 4:33 pm
A little from column A, a whole lot from column B.
Feb 12, 2015 5:19 pm
From the sounds of it, and the way sandchigger and I did our characters, I see us being a lot like the crew from Leverage. We do illegal things for good reasons.

To answer your questions, jimmylogan, both :p

Also, the "space turtle" is just the common name the Ghtroc is called. I have no problem with Emerald Phoenix. Seeing as how I'm not the pilot—or even a gunner, engineer, or any other crewman—I don't think I should have that much say in what it's called. Callista came on board after the ship was acquired, I think.
Feb 12, 2015 5:19 pm
MORE GUNS! OCC: "I think we need some weapons to keep the TIEs off of us."
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.