OOC Discussion

load previous
Feb 12, 2015 5:59 pm
Well since at present we have zero ship guns, maybe adding one would be a good idea. Though like EldritchFire said, it ain't my ship to name or outfit so I'm good with whatever the piloty types decide to go with.
Feb 12, 2015 6:28 pm
There's a turret with twin linked light lasers. I just haven't had time to type up the ship because my lunch break is short.
Feb 12, 2015 8:22 pm
Well this is actually the first EotE game I ever played, so I'm not that knowledgable as the Pilot. I do think our primary focus should be getting The Turtle armed, since it already is well armored.
Feb 12, 2015 11:13 pm
Here are the full stats for the Ghtroc 720.

Silhouette: 4
Speed: 3
Handling: 0

Defense
Fore: 1
Aft: 1
Armor: 4
Hull Trauma Threshold: 28
System Strain Threshold: 15

Hull Type/Class: Freighter/720
Manufacturer: Ghtroc Industries
Hyperdrive:
Primary: Class 2
Backup: Class 15
Navicomputer: Yes
Sensor Range: Medium
Ship's Complement: One pilot, one co-pilot/engineer
Encumbrance Capacity: 180
Passenger Capacity: 10
Consumables: 2 months
Cost/Rarity: 98,000 credits/5
Customization Hardpoints: 5
Weapons: One Dorsal Turret Mounted Double Light Laser Cannon (Fire Arc All; Damage 5; Critical 3; Range [Close]; Linked 1)
Feb 13, 2015 12:33 am
Can the turret hit anywhere? Or does weapon mounting direction not matter?
Last edited February 13, 2015 12:33 am
Feb 13, 2015 12:45 am
Turret mounting indicates it can swivel around and such.
Feb 13, 2015 4:11 am
But what type of arc does it have? Can it only fire above/below etc. Or is it assumed the gun can hit anywhere regardless of where the turret is.
Feb 13, 2015 12:12 pm
From EotE p. 228 "Fire Arcs" Sidebar:
Quote:
Every ship and vehicle has four fire arcs: forward, aft, port and starboard. Each fire arc covers an area of the ship in a ninety degree arc extending from the center point of the ship. Depending on where on a ship's hull a weapon is located and the manner in which it is mounted, a weapon can cover one or multiple fire arcs. Fixed weapons cover only one fire arc. For example, the laser cannons mounted in the nose of the BTL Y-Wing are fixed forward and can only hit enemies in the forward fire arc. Turret-mounted weapons, such as the turbolasers mounted to the CR90 corvette, can traverse to cover any fire arc required, which is listed as "Fire Arc All" in the weapons description.

Some ships also have Dorsal (top) and Ventral (bottom) fire arcs. Weapons mounted on a ship's dorsal surface cannot hit ventral targets, and ventral-mounted weapons cannot engage threats approaching from the ships dorsal side. For example, the ventral-mounted laser cannon on a YT-1300 medium freighter has a ventral fire arc of All, which means it can engage any threat approaching from below the ship, but must reposition itself to engage enemies coming in from above.
So we can shoot anything coming in from above with the stock loadout. If I'm reading chart 7-17 correctly, adding two more light lasers to the bottom of the ship would cost 11,000 credits and use one of the 5 available hardpoints.
Feb 13, 2015 1:23 pm
Awesome, thanks for the info. We'd probably be good with just the dorsal gun then. Does anyone else have Gunnery? If not we can't really even use the extra gun (Don't people have to be trained in Gunnery just to use Gunnery type weapons?). Anyway Rand's got 22k to deck out the ship still, so go crazy with it. This is gunna be fun.
Feb 13, 2015 2:24 pm
I have no gunnery, but I think anybody can try any skill check unskilled, no?
Feb 13, 2015 2:45 pm
No gunnery means a base dice pool based on agility, with no skill upgrades. That is the "unskilled" pool for any skill, based on attribute only.

Also, everyone roll your force die. If you don't have dice or the dice roller app, use this site and tell me how many filled (dark side) and empty (light side) pips you roll. You guys are lucky, I rolled 2 light side points!
Feb 13, 2015 3:11 pm
RustInPieces says:
No gunnery means a base dice pool based on agility, with no skill upgrades. That is the "unskilled" pool for any skill, based on attribute only.

Also, everyone roll your force die. If you don't have dice or the dice roller app, use this site and tell me how many filled (dark side) and empty (light side) pips you roll. You guys are lucky, I rolled 2 light side points!
We roll 1 die right? I got one dark side.
Feb 13, 2015 3:13 pm
I got double light side woo!
Feb 13, 2015 5:07 pm
sandchigger says:
I got double light side woo!
Ditto! Are you using my dice, sir?
Feb 13, 2015 6:30 pm
So, what are the light/dark side dice at the beginning for?
Feb 13, 2015 6:49 pm
KennyGardnerIII says:
Destiny points!
Feb 13, 2015 11:40 pm
KennyGardnerIII says:
They give the count of destiny points for the game. Destiny points act like double-sided fate points, where the GM spends dark side points against the PCs and the PCs use the light side points. But unlike a fate point, they aren't consumed. Dark becomes light, and light dark when used. No more than 1 destiny point can be used by the player for a roll, and the same goes for the GM.

Current tally is 2 Dark / 6 Light.
Feb 14, 2015 12:10 am
Okay, I don't like railroads and I'm not going to do that to you guys. To make this game easy to start, I suggest we have light rails for the start of this first session. I'm not responsible for yor character's buy in, either, so I'll need everyone's help to get this rolling. So here are my starting suggestions:

The party will be starting split. The crew of The Turtle (or whatever you guys call it) are probably in the spaceport, and have just touched down. Their cargo better be in smuggling compartments, or shold be legit. I suggest you guys coordinate a bit for some backstory to explain your arrival (you'll know why once I start the thread tonight), your objectives, and what the crew's plans might be. You don't need much in detail, just a rough idea. My interruption will probably come soon, unless you manage to find the other party or a convenient cantina.

Valoris Khan and Pepra should probably begin at the Thaali Research Institute. They will have been notified that something out of the ordinary has been going on, and that they and Eliasan may need to leave the planet. Pepra has probably been working there the longest on as a research assistant and as covert data security on the project. Valoris has probably been brought on the team recently by Eliasan herself, presumably because of a recent breakthrough. It's a holiday, but you both have been promised a bonus for attendance and collecting a few important items in her lab. She'll arrive just shortly after you both.

Destiny point tally: 8 Light, 2 Dark

Very important:

The starting world is Svivren. Personal weapons are illegal, and violent crimes (of any sort) are punishable by instant, public execution. Valoris will be armed with a stun blaster belonging to the labs. Everyone else will either be leaving their weapons at home, somewhere secure, or trying to conceal carry them.

You have been warned. :D
Feb 14, 2015 12:13 am
I got two empty circles (light side, me thinks!)
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.