OOC Discussion

load previous
Feb 14, 2015 12:40 am
Right so how do we (the ship's crew) know one another and why are we working together?
Feb 14, 2015 12:54 am
Wuc'vulog is a doctor and a face. Might be handy for a crew that sees a lot of danger, or needs someone to interface with the local colour. Alternatively, maybe he's known to the crew for such and is currently involved in sales/negotiations dirt side on behalf of the crew.
Feb 14, 2015 1:11 am
Rexi is a face/grifter. Good for negotiations, infiltration and con jobs.
Feb 14, 2015 3:32 am
Callista is a thief extraordinare! Really, she's extra-ordinary, being Force-sensitive :p

She's not much of a people person, she's better at lying than telling the truth, but can understand people to an almost empathic degree.
Feb 14, 2015 4:03 am
Glen Rand is, plainly put, a fat slob. He is middle aged and by no means attractive - but he is also one hell of a Pilot. He used to be a legit merchant, working for the CIS, but nowadays he is really just an arms smuggler. Lets say that The Turtle is the ship he used as a merchant.

Do we have our ship upgrades decided upon? If not I'll look into it tomorrow morning.

EDIT: Also, do you guys want to say the crew is smuggling weapons to Svivren? Its dangerous but it pays. Are there septic tanks in ships? That would be a good place to hide goods.
Last edited February 14, 2015 4:06 am
Feb 14, 2015 2:23 pm
You can just buy smuggling bays. Poo covered guns are no good for anybody!
Feb 14, 2015 2:51 pm
sandchigger says:
You can just buy smuggling bays. Poo covered guns are no good for anybody!
And they have a lower resale value too. I suggest checking the cost of the smuggling bays. If you guys want to go over that 22k allowance, I will let you—but your ship will have some surprises.
Feb 14, 2015 4:00 pm
Lol, well I'm not too familiar with the ship upgrades so my mind immediatley jumped to sneaky ways to get them undetected. That said, no one is going to check septic tanks for blasters.
Feb 14, 2015 4:03 pm
Shut down all the blaster compactors on the septic tank level!
Feb 14, 2015 4:15 pm
Okay, so we have 22,000 left in our ships allowance and 5 hardpoints to spend it on. I propose the following:

1. Dual Light Laser Cannon turret (dorsal) 11,000 credits, 1 HP
2. Hyperdrive Generator upgrade (reduces Hyperdrive class from 2 to 1) 6,400 credits, 1 HP
3. Smuggling Compartments x2 (converts 50 Encumbrance into hidden compartments) 2,400 credits, 2 HP

That leaves us with 1 HP and 2200 credits, unless RustInPieces wants to charge us that last 2200 for putting the extra lascannons on a turret, the price of which does not appear to be in the EotE book. Which is sorta odd, but hey, what're ya gonna do?
Feb 14, 2015 4:31 pm
Those look like good choices to me.
Feb 14, 2015 4:34 pm
Actually, you guys already have a Linked Dual Light Laser in the Dorsal position included with the ship. Adding one to the Ventral (bottom) will only cost 8,250 and 1 HP, not 11,000. Then you've got 2 turrets top/bottom. (Adding "linked" weapons costs 1/2 price and 0 HP for each addition emplacement; so Linked Dual Light Laser is 1.5 cost and 1HP. Replacing that is 0 HP, but the same cost calculations. Table 7-17 on p271, bottom row.)

However, at this price you might just want to install the Quad Laser Cannon for 8,000 and 1 HP in the ventral position. It's potentially 2x as powerful for the same price (and is Accurate, giving 1 boost die to every attack).

Also, I'd suggest instead of buying 2x smuggling compartments, use the extra storage mod once for 1,000 and will give you the same 50 encumbrance conversion for only 2,200 credits and 1HP instead of 2.

So by my math, that costs 8,000 + 6,400 + 2,200 = 16,600, leaving 5,400 for other upgrades. Aren't I nice? :D
Feb 14, 2015 4:52 pm
Is that extra storage mod still sneaky like a smuggler hold is presumed to be?
Feb 14, 2015 4:54 pm
Qralloq says:
Is that extra storage mod still sneaky like a smuggler hold is presumed to be?
Yes. Basically it's a mod to the smuggler hold itself that adds 25 more encumbrance (can be installed up to twice). So instead of installing a second, you just expand the first.
Feb 14, 2015 4:55 pm
No you're not nice because now I'm out of ideas on which to spend that cash!

(yes, thank you)
Feb 14, 2015 5:04 pm
How about advanced targeting array (4000)? We might need help if we're not all boned up in Gunnery.
Feb 14, 2015 5:06 pm
I don't think anybody has Gunnery except maybe the one character so yeah, that's a good idea.
Feb 14, 2015 5:14 pm
Maybe I should switch Ranged (Light) to Gunnery. That would give me a reason to be dragged around on the back of some intergalactic turtle, too.
Feb 14, 2015 5:15 pm
Qralloq says:
Maybe I should switch Ranged (Light) to Gunnery. That would give me a reason to be dragged around on the back of some intergalactic turtle, too.
I think it has the same cost. If you'd like to do that, go right ahead.
Feb 14, 2015 5:18 pm
Does it make more sense for your charming doctor to have experience with ship to ship combat rather than self defense?
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.