OOC Discussion

load previous
May 3, 2015 2:19 am
How about we ignore them for now, and NPC their characters for the time being. We can move along and maybe integrate them if they return, or replace them if they don't respond in a week?
May 3, 2015 5:43 am
Sounds like the best plan.
May 3, 2015 2:56 pm
Agreed.
May 3, 2015 3:03 pm
Indizzle.
May 3, 2015 6:32 pm
It's a good suggestion. I'm not in any hurry to boot anyone, so I'll give it another week or two. And in the meantime I'll handle them as NPCs. Monday/Tuesday should see a larger post encapsulating the Turtle being hired (and the start of our chase scene) and another encounter in the spaceport, probably plus another smaller one or two for Rexi and Callista. It's taken some consideration, but I think I figured out a good way to put that advantage to use for Callista. (I never wanted that room to be frustrating, but those rolls... yeeesh.)
May 8, 2015 11:38 am
Sorry the second post is late, but there was a bug with the forum last night and I won't have time to finish till tonight.
May 9, 2015 12:59 am
Ok Kenny, apparently I missed a sidebar on chase scenes. Lets just run this as a chase scene rather than as a potential combat. If you did that, you'd risk bringing planetary defense craft, and that'd be a bad thing. I figured I'd write most my comments here, since I'm explaining stats plus how chase mechanics work.

You picked a V-35 Courier which isn't particularly agile, so I'm basing its stats off of the X-34 Landspeeder. That means:

Silhouette 2
Speed 2
Handling 0
Shields 0
Armor 0
Hull Trauma Threshold 4
System Strain Threshold 5

Now to explain chase mechanics.

Your base dice pool is based on Piloting (Planetary), which gives you 3 green dice. Your difficulty is based on half the vehicle's silhouette, and your current speed. The larger number represents the total difficulty dice, and the smaller represents the total number of upgrades. Let me give an example: if your speed is 2, your difficulty is 2 plus 1 upgrade; that means 2 purple turns into 1 purple and 1 red. If you slow down to 1 speed, your difficulty is 1 which upgrades once to 1 red die. That red die is a pretty big risk even with 3 green dice, so you might want to spend a destiny point now and then to upgrade your pool from 3 green to 1 yellow and 2 green dice.

Now, your opponent will have to do the same. Whoever nets more successes can close/gain that many range bands over their opponent. For instance, assuming you get 2 successes over your opponent you can turn a short range into a long range. (Range bands go: engaged -> short -> medium -> long)

Also, I think I wrote that both speeders "rose into the air" when their landspeeders. I'll retcon that when I've got the time, but we'll operate on the assumption that both vehicles are similar landspeeders.

Any questions? Guys, any advice for Kenny/Valoris?
May 9, 2015 3:19 pm
Kenny, I'm going to assume that the speeder is going at speed 1. If you want, you can accelerate to speed 2, which as I explained will increase your difficulty. I'm having Eliasan co-pilot for you, but she didn't have much luck—when she succeeds she'll downgrade the difficulty by 1. Because of the advantage, I'll give you a boost.

So... dice:

Speed 1: 3 green, 1 blue, 1 red
Speed 2: 3 green, 1 blue, 1 red, 1 purple

If you spend a destiny point, you exchange 1 green for a yellow.

At this point, all you need are 2 successes more than the pursuers to knock them to the long range band, then 1 more to lose them. Once you've rolled, you can also spend 1 advantage to give Eliasan a bonus to piloting, and/or 2 advantage to give the pursuers a black die or yourself a blue die on your next check. If you give the enemy a black die, it'll make it harder for them to keep up.

Destiny: 8 light / 2 dark
May 10, 2015 8:54 pm
Is there any advantage to accelerating if it increases the difficulty?
May 10, 2015 10:53 pm
KennyGardnerIII says:
The faster you go, the quicker you can get away. WIth the chase rules, you change your range band by 1 for a successful roll, +1 for each point of speed faster you are going than your opponent.
May 10, 2015 11:20 pm
EldritchFire says:
KennyGardnerIII says:
The faster you go, the quicker you can get away. WIth the chase rules, you change your range band by 1 for a successful roll, +1 for each point of speed faster you are going than your opponent.
Correct. And that's also why I'm having Eliasan Co-pilot—if her rolls succeed you only get 2 purple dice instead of 1 purple and 1 red. This is called "downgrading a check", which will swap reds for purples, then eventually remove purples when no reds are left. She didn't succeed, but I gave you a boost (the 1 blue die bonus) which isn't as good as a downgrade, but is better than nothing.
May 12, 2015 12:22 am
Now I'm kicking myself. I just realized we're going to need a fully statted Turtle based on all our discussed modifications, and I forgot to return and build a full sheet. I have the original sheet, but now I've got to review and type all the changes up. 😨
May 16, 2015 2:06 pm
Just so you don't miss it, Qrallog I posted an encounter for you.

And we're off the rails, folks, so if you want to make things more interesting feel free to do so. You can probably assume that you'll receive a recall signal from Rand, and that once Callista escapes you'll have to help the other half of the team.
May 16, 2015 2:27 pm
I had missed that. I've posted a response.
May 16, 2015 3:59 pm
RustInPieces says:
Just so you don't miss it, Qrallog I posted an encounter for you.

And we're off the rails, folks, so if you want to make things more interesting feel free to do so. You can probably assume that you'll receive a recall signal from Rand, and that once Callista escapes you'll have to help the other half of the team.
Is there anything else you need me to roll for? Or can Callista safely escape with her ill-gotten goods? I'd hate to make an "I escaped somehow" post only to find I needed to sneak past the guard again or something.
May 16, 2015 4:11 pm
Well, it's reasonable to say the guard will be moving around again. Plus, she spilled the credits on the floor—but it's up to you if you want her to clean them up. I think we can narratively resolve this without dice. Make your decisions and feel free to move on. If you want to roll for it, I'll come up with opposition.

Qrallog, difficulty for charm/negotiation is 1 red 2 purple.
May 29, 2015 1:10 am
This coming week will be very busy after Wednesday. I'll try to fit any posts in before then, otherwise they'll have to wait till Monday 6/8.

I'm thinking about opening up mrmrlol and jimmylogan's slots now, as discussed, and see if we can recruit some new players. I'll probably do that tomorrow evening.
May 29, 2015 1:22 pm
Opening up the two slots sounds good to me.
May 29, 2015 2:06 pm
Sounds good, sir.
May 29, 2015 2:10 pm
Sounds like a plan, Stan!
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.