The Library

load previous
Apr 26, 2023 8:29 pm
tergolap sent a note to Psybermagi
OOC:
I'm not quite sure what the bold sentence means, but assume it has to do with the totems cool down/reload
"Oh cougar ...
You're all well?"
, I ask Elph and Baruman.

"We should take what we can carry from that beast. Its parts are of value."

I take my dagger and try to disassemble the prey.
Apr 26, 2023 8:53 pm
OOC:
fixed the text
Cougar is out of action for 1 day
Apr 27, 2023 4:56 pm
Baruman pulled his dagger from the creatures corpse and started usung it to cut off the beak and claws and to remove the vital organs, and anything else he thought may have a value alongside Shmautz.

"Argh, this stinks! It had better be worth something" When finished, he looked at the piles of remains that had not been as lucky as them. "There may be something of value here too, I'll take a look"
[ +- ] Perceptive
Last edited April 27, 2023 4:57 pm

Rolls

Baruman: Test DC: 5 - Adv - (3d6)

(336) = 12

Apr 28, 2023 2:29 pm
Shmautz, who is more familiar with processing a kill, assists the city boy with the carcass which you simply gut and clean as you are unsure what will be most valuable. As you do this Baruman looks around and eyes the other piles of rubble but noting stands out. Remembering the cockatrice nest, up on the building ledge, he thinks there might be something good in there.
May 4, 2023 7:21 pm
Eyeing up the climb to the ledge, Baruman evaluates the climb. He was nimble, and well used to climbing up city walls, but rock faces were new to him.

Ah well, it's all climbing he thought to himself, and, finding his first handhold, starts the climb to the ledge.

"Schmozzy, get ready to catch me!"

Rolls

Baruman: Test DC: 5 - Basic - (2d6)

(14) = 5

May 5, 2023 12:41 am
Baruman tries to scamble up but the polished stone proves a hard climb. Shmautz comes up and easlily lifts then shoves the litle figure of Baruman well above his head wher He is able to rach some of the decorative work. A few close calls and slow going but he eventually makes it up to the nest. Looking inside Baruman sees a mess of feathers, torn scraps of clothing some bones and 3 egg Digging around he finds a few small gems and discovers that many of the bones are connected into a long whip or flail (bone whip) that has a sinister feel and obviously caries a dark enchantment.
May 5, 2023 5:50 pm
"Do you see anything of value or interest?", I ask Baruman.

Patiently I wait for my friend to respond and keep an eye on the suroundings.
May 11, 2023 2:08 pm
Baruman hands down the contents of the nest before climbing down himself.

All told you find
30 gems 10 gpv (gold piece value)
11 gems 25 gpv
6 gems 50 gpv
3 cocatrice eggs
And the whip. As you examine it you gain a sense of how it works
[ +- ] Scarlet Scourge
May 12, 2023 11:15 pm
OOC:
Just touching base to see who is still onboard and into the game as things have slowed down

Interest Poll

Fine as is
Vote to view results.
Interested in more combat
Vote to view results.
Interested in more puzzles
Vote to view results.
Interested in more social interaction
Vote to view results.
May 14, 2023 4:11 pm
OOC:
For me it's totally fine and I highly appreciate the patience you have with me in regards of the rules.
I'm eager to carry on, even though some times real life doesn't allow me to check on each an every day.
May 15, 2023 3:20 pm
OOC:
I should be back to better in terms of views / posts! Things have been weird this end: sorry for the absense. I've voted more fight but that's a soft preference ─ I've been greatly enjoying the mix you've had on the table already @psybermagi
May 16, 2023 5:38 am
"Baruman, what about handing over that crazy whip to Elph? I somehow think, it would make a perfect match?

I turn around and look for my buddy, while Baruman keeps looking for loot.
May 16, 2023 12:39 pm
"I alwayss wanted one of thesse!" Elph's smile is broad and unintentionally unsettling

Servitor

Psybermagi

May 17, 2023 1:14 am
With the cocatrice slain and it nest claened out you are left facing the large double doors made of bronze. There are no handles or locks visible and a large oval where the two halves meet is bisected by their edges and looks a simple push is used to open the doors..
Servitor
As you get close the seritor begins to glow and hum. Then one of the orbs shifts form into a short rod. Touch to door please
May 17, 2023 2:51 pm
Elph picks up the servitor and moves slowly towards the door, keeping an eye out to be sure things are genuinely safe in the room. After he reaches the door, he deftly places the rod-form against the door.

Rolls

Elph: Check DC: 5 - looking for danger - (2d6)

(23) = 5

May 17, 2023 4:15 pm
With a click and slight whoosh of air the doors open revealing a brightly lit interior. Inside the doors is a large marble floored entry with collums surround the high ceiling. Light enters from raised windows showing the bare room to be free of dust or any damage. At the far end of the 30 foot room is another doorway with small rooms or large alcoves set to either side.
[ +- ] Entry chamber
May 18, 2023 6:45 am
Awed I follow Elph into the building. It's so big, so silent, so clean. I begin to whisper without noticing:

"I really hope that this isn't a trap. Do we know where we have to go? I can't remember what Dean said."

The encounter with the Cocatrice still in mind, I try to sense any danger ...

Rolls

Standard test: looking for danger - (2D6)

(62) = 8

May 18, 2023 1:35 pm
As you enter the entrance chamber your steps are loud on the hard surface but the sound oddly fades away quickly. Peering around the spotless room you find noting standing out or threatening. The entire rooms is spotlessly clean and tidy making this the only undamaged Remnant of the old city you have seen.

Crossing the room to the far side you are at a 4 way intersection of long wide hallway. You stand at the norther side of the intersection looking south. Strait ahead the hallway dead ends on another doorway with the doors closed. Two open arches, one to either side, are the only other feature of this hall. To the left and right are much longer halls with arches set periodically into the southern walls.
May 18, 2023 2:26 pm
Elph walks towards the doorway to the south, presses his knuckles against the door and rests his head on his hand to better hear the other side.

Rolls

Elph: Check DC: 5 - doing a listen - (2d6)

(33) = 6

Macreadus

Psybermagi

May 18, 2023 2:58 pm
As you enter the intersection a spectral form appears in front of you blocking your way.
Macreadus
The ghost is dresses in a uniform that is almost solid looking and as neat as the rest of the library but the head and hands are transparent and skeletal. May I help you? the ghosts and in a cooling voice that echoes in your mind and soul.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.