The Library

load previous
Apr 26, 2024 6:46 pm
OOC:
non-mummy/pseudo-vampire dude is locked up and used as a reference for the researchers. Hmm, I wonder if he was a citizen?.....
Skeeve finds plenty to keep him busy for months of study or weeks of reading or days of skimming.
Apr 26, 2024 7:06 pm
Arc, approaches the old man and waits for him to finish shouting. Then asks calmly I'm sorry good sir, I don't quite understand all this about someone cursed, nor do I understand when people shout. Would you mind sharing your thoughts with us in a not-so-hasty manner?
Apr 26, 2024 7:44 pm
Kaarik is drinking Myreana's words on the history of the shatering.
As she finishes talking he asks: "I would like to know more about The People and what caused the shaterring of this race into multiples?"

Elprekt Norbrav

Psybermagi

Apr 26, 2024 9:23 pm
Elprekt Norbrav

The old man flinches away as you approach and mutters The big one, the evil one in the castle of flowers -- he is coming! It is coming Stooped and showing extreme age the man is malnourished, and frantic. He nibbles on dried apple rings he pulls from a pouch sewn into the front of his 'robe'. Seeing your interest he turns and stares at Ark Helow bird. then glinks and shrieks in your face He is wrapped in fire and so cruel! then turns and moves away muttering Must find a way to stop them from building it . . . Too many, so cruel . . .

Myreana (Archeologists)

Psybermagi

Apr 26, 2024 9:29 pm
Myreana (Archeologists)

Sigh Wouldn't we all my boy. There are guesses of course but not enough fact and not consensus.
Some say it was the Incarnation at war with mortalkinds Divinity who struck the blow. Others claim that the people we smitten by the Divinity to protect us from the Shattering of the Immortals, while others believe it was caused by mortal hubris and overreaching. Those that survived have trouble remembering things around the shattering, spells focusing on that time reveal noting, gibberish, or random tidbits. The Gods won't talk about it and teach to let it be while those who say they asked the Immortals say that the Immortal all blame the Mortal People but similarly can not or will not give more details as to the actual cause.

However, most do agree that the shattering of the People into the modern races and the transition from the Divinity into the Gods of today are linked.
Apr 28, 2024 11:50 pm
Skeeve looks for a bit, but doesn't find anything that will answer immediate questions. He realizes that he'd have to invest a lot of time to find anything truly helpful, and decides that he just isn't willing to invest that right now. He says, "While the trip as a whole was a bust, I now have some more information to work with. When we get back, I am going to have to try and get an appointment with Phlan."
Apr 29, 2024 1:24 pm
OOC:
Assuming you will eventually head back to the Base then I can leave this thread open for those with specific questions while the group moves on. There is another group on base and you can interact with them if you like.
Just list items you want to know about and give me a roll pretty subject and I will let you know what you find. Sorry, no search engine here
Apr 29, 2024 4:31 pm
The one thing Skeeve would like to see if he can find are either the public Paphos Matrix Node patterns, any long distance patterns, or, really, pretty much any patterns at all. And also if there is a Node here.

So ... three rolls. One for the Paphos Node list. One for any list. One for a pattern in the Library or nearby. I am using Focus and hoping Perception applies. If it doesn't, ignore the third die each time.

... that was ... underwhelming ...

EDIT: Also, Skeeve will be actively looking out for the other group when we get back to Base. But first he wants to talk with Phlan.

Rolls

Paphos Nodes Test DC: 4 - Adv - (3d6)

(445) = 13

Any Nodes Test DC: 4 - Adv - (3d6)

(221) = 5

Node Here Test DC: 4 - Adv - (3d6)

(312) = 6

Apr 29, 2024 10:01 pm
Skeeve finds a map with the locations of the cities civic network (city Matrix) and learns it does not require any kind of pattern knowledge. Each node is simple to operate but does require and token to activate as noted. (I will work on the map) H notes that there is a node in the base, marked the docks distric on the map, as well as where the swamp is, the residential, and more. rety much every remnant ad some areas in between.

As for other patters he finds some theoretical knowledge and multiple references about how experimentation with them is dangerous and those interested should get a licenced tutor or go to the Infinite Tower.

As for node connected to the wider Matrix the city has to for military use, on the island and the castle on the south shore, as well as 1 open for use in an area to the west of the library. It is either in or near the Remnant to the south of the castle. There are papers indicating there were other "licenced open Nodes" owned and controled by private citizens within the city but no maps or further information on where they mght be.
Apr 30, 2024 8:35 am
Hey guys, I'll try to get a closer look at some of those Dinos, see you at Base, ok?
I'll try to get there by the time you arrive.

If nobody wants to talk about something, he jumps a fly high.
Apr 30, 2024 5:50 pm
For the city Network, this token is something like the "library card", correct? It is something that has to be issued by an appropriate authority? (I.e. Phlan.)

Skeeve carefully copies the map he finds, along with any notes he feels is necessary, then rounds up the others so we can head back. (I am assuming he takes the longest time to be ready to go.) With this info, he has several items on his "to do" list back at New Paphos. (Which is the first item on that list ...)

You do not have permission to post in this thread.