The Library

load previous
Apr 23, 2024 10:35 pm
Skeeve is going to make a note of all of this and will seek out Phlan when we get back. There is a discussion to be had, and Skeeve now wants to have it!
OOC:
Does he have any information on a nearby Matrix Node? That would seriously save some travel time! That was Skeeve's last question.
Apr 24, 2024 5:03 am
The ghost explaining the city has a couple public matrix nodes but inside the city there's was a private network for use by citizens. The library is tied into this network but due the the calamity most of the city nodes are inoperable. To use it you wild need to be granted access to it by a civil or martial authority.
Apr 24, 2024 6:34 am
All arrows here seem to point at becoming residents.

And, about travelling... Since it is not too late, nobody dances anymore, and we won't be using this matrix thing. Shall we regroup at the base, report findings and discuss our next move? Probably on becoming citizens?

Guard

Psybermagi

Apr 24, 2024 11:59 am
Guard

As you chat you see a guard walk past in the hallway at the end of the entry chamber, glance in, and wave at you as he continues on his patrol.
Apr 24, 2024 12:12 pm
Arc rapidly follows the guard to the hallway... to say hello
Apr 24, 2024 2:21 pm
Kaarik goes along with Arc, he does not want to seem impolite to the guard.
Apr 24, 2024 3:19 pm
Skeeve again thanks the Librarian.

Caught completely off-guard by the presence of the guard, he follows along to speak with the guard.

Also, before leaving, he does tap out a brief not on the tablet that the two farther Remnants are occupied. One by goblins, the other is contested.
Apr 24, 2024 3:57 pm
To Blornvid and Skeeve, Ealdwig askes, where are they going? To see the guard? Isn't he just a guard? Why would they follow him like that?

As they move down the corridor toward the guard, Ealdwig follows along with the group. Man this place is massive.
Apr 24, 2024 4:21 pm
Blornvid shrugs, still too tired after the involuntary dancing to talk just yet.
Apr 24, 2024 9:41 pm
"The question is why is a guard here. I didn't know they were. Wanna see what's going on."

Guard

Psybermagi

Apr 24, 2024 11:20 pm
Guard
The guard pauses and he hears you movig to catsh up. Turning to face youit is clear from his uniform and bored expression he is here from teh expedition. He looks at you a bit confused as you greet him.
What the bother you lot? Got tires out in the heat and decided to come rest your feet?
[ +- ] Reminder of previous content
Apr 25, 2024 1:01 am
OOC:
Ah, so we did know they were here.

Skeeve says, "Sorry to bother you, but I just want to check on how many of you are here? The remnant just a little farther from here is controlled by someone we don't know, and being attack by various forces. I just want to make sure you know about that in case it spreads in this direction."

Guard

Psybermagi

Apr 25, 2024 1:39 am
Guard

What? Oh, you mean the other groups outside. Yeah, we don't have to worry too much. The librarian keeps the riffraff out and he chuckles and he loses focus in a memory for a moment. I don't think he like any military, and barely tolerates us guards as we are "locally deputized civic peace enforcers". But man is he strict. We all had to learn the library rules and he quizzes us guards. and he shudders That things glare can kill.
Apr 25, 2024 6:58 pm
Skeeve smiles in response and says, "That's good to know! I am glad it's not a concern then. We won't be disturbing your rounds, then. Thank you!"

Myreana (Archeologists)

Psybermagi

Apr 26, 2024 12:39 pm
Myreana (Archeologists)

You explore the library and meet Myreana, the lead researcher for the expedition, who has one of her assistance give you a tour.
[ +- ] Library
Besides the major sections there are also several private collections (7) wth random book and scrolls as well as many small study rooms with common references and teaching aids.
Apr 26, 2024 1:51 pm
Skeeve will spend a little time checking out the Arcana section to see if there is anything in there that catches his eye. I'll make a roll (Perception with Focus) just to give some ideas to the GM ...

... Probably not. Which is fine.

He thanks the assistant for their help in being shown around.

Rolls

Looking Through Arcana Section DC: 4 - Adv - (3d6)

(421) = 7

Apr 26, 2024 3:01 pm
If there's a section that contains books about metallurgy, Blornvid would like to have a look at them. If not, he'll just enjoy the garden.
Apr 26, 2024 3:09 pm
Arc thanks the Myreana for the explanation and for allowing the tour. Specially regarding the nature area.

After the tour, Arc approaches her again Hello again, if you have a few minutes available, I'd appreciate it much if you could share with us what kind of research are you and your team doing. And if you need any help, of course

Myreana (Archeologists)

Psybermagi

Apr 26, 2024 3:59 pm
Skeeve finds multiple books on magical theory. While the knowledge was not lost and forgotten access to it has greatly reduced since the Shattering and he eagerly dives into many schools of theory and practical application. Topics form energy flow, mater manipulation, differences between life the spirit and soul, arcane vs divine vs immortal magics . . . . There is much to learn young padawan. Perhaps pick a single thing to focus on?

Blornvid asks aroudn anf learns that there are books on crafting in the History, Mathematics, and Nature sections as well as a couple in some of the smaller private collections and finds a couple of interesting books with some smelting formula he is able to decipher as well a some images and basic descriptions of smithing and crafting of molds and casting metals.

Myreana (Archeologists)

What, oh we are looking to fill in some gaps in our knowledge. My special focus is on the last days before the Shattering, it's causes, and the actual process of the Shattering it's self and she continues reading while lecturing all about that caused of the Shattering, primarily the Dawn War between Mortal People and their Divine patrons against the Immortals and some of the Incarnations. She pays little attention to anything else as she reads but usually responds to questions, eventually,and will continue to prattle/lecture for many minutes.

As you explore the library you notice that there is a very old man that hides and scurries around the polace. He is mostly ignored by the researchers and occasionally managed by one of the guards when he erupts in a frantic screaming about "He is here! The cursed one seeks the forbidden desire and all shall suffer!"
Apr 26, 2024 5:49 pm
OOC:
Hearing about "the cursed one" reminds me: Whatever happened to Mr. Not-A-Mummy that Blornvid and Skeeve found in the initial dungeons all that time ago? Does Valpip have him stuffed in a box somewhere?
Besides his current obsession with the Matrix Node, he's just trying to get more information in general. I always viewed him as mostly self-taught, so I figure he is now old enough that he is trying to get a better idea of the "science" behind magic so he can harness and use it more effectively. I imagine that doesn't translate directly into mechanical benefits, but more backstory. He knows how outclassed he is by well-educated mages (like Fiznik and the Seer). He would like to have a more foundational understanding of his magic, rather than have it be purely experiential.

He is not interested at all in divine magic. He is not interested in necromancy or anything like that. He is mostly interested in better understanding what he knows, so Fae magic, Natural magic, Telekinesis, and Teleportation.
OOC:
As an aside, Skeeve gets one more Trait before he has to start swapping out. I want another Archmage one, but I am not sure what to get. So, right now, he's just trying on different things for size, as it were.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.