New and for your gaming consideration

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

May 14, 2023 8:50 pm
Salutations gamers!

Honesty not quite sure what I'm doing here or what I'm looking for but a friendly passionate community always makes things a bit less scary and I hear very good things about you all.

So I'm not exactly new to Play by Post, in fact it's been my sole form of TTRPG entertainment for about 5 years. I found myself in a small town with a family and care responsibilities and trying to commit to a regular schedule seemed impossible, so I found a place (not here obviously) and dove in. But I bit off more than I could chew and suffered some serious burnout, I was at one point running 4 games and playing in more than 10 and it felt like every moment I wasn't posting or reading I was slipping further behind.

Anyways I took a step back and tried to be a bit more realistic with my games. I've been slowly reintroducing PbP and still hold out hope that now my daughter is older I might overcome my social anxiety and experience a live game again. But the old site seems to be winding down and I'm hoping to find 1 game, maybe 2 at the most that really engages me. I foolishly think of myself as an amateur writer so story and a chance to really craft a character and a world for them to interact with is a true joy when the creative juices are flowing.

For game systems I'm a huge fan or shared narrative, so PbtA has been wonderful to try and anything like that I really enjoy. I stay away from D&D and PF for a few reasons, but I have a little experience with WoD and some of the more off beat stuff out there (Risus, FU)

So I might lurk and figure out my appetite, see what games come along but looking forward to chatting and hopefully building some cool stories with you all.
May 14, 2023 8:55 pm
Hi, I'm a new gdr's player and i recenti joined this community. I Hope you have fun time here.
May 14, 2023 8:58 pm
That's awesome, thanks for reaching out and hope you're having fun too!
May 14, 2023 9:51 pm
Welcome Zohariel! PbtA games are not unusual around here, hope you can find one soon.
Keep an eye on the Game Tavern.
May 14, 2023 9:55 pm
Welcome Zohariel. I know what you mean about biting off more than you can chew. There was a time a few years ago I really had to pare back, and since then have took it slowly, always with an eye on how much time I really wanted to spend here.

I run and play in a ton of games, because it's just so rewarding, and I've kept the commitment comfortable.

I hope that you can find the right balance, and find just the right number of games to satisfy your itches.

Also, there are a number of hobby writers here, and a Writers' Forum if you're interested in mixing prose with play.
May 14, 2023 9:57 pm
Welcome to GP, Zohariel!
May 14, 2023 10:04 pm
Thank you all, and Qralloq I'll check out that Writer's Forum
May 14, 2023 10:11 pm
Zohariel says:
Thank you all, and Qralloq I'll check out that Writer's Forum
I've accepted you into that game, as the unofficial host (although I've not participated in it much yet).
May 14, 2023 10:49 pm
Greetings and Salutations!
May 14, 2023 11:35 pm
Welcome from a fellow socially anxious newbie! I hope you find some fun stuff around here too!
May 15, 2023 2:48 am
Welcome to the community, Zohariel! In all things, balance...
May 15, 2023 3:41 am
Have to have you here with us!
May 15, 2023 3:58 am
Welcome, Zohariel!

If you want to see how GP functions, here are links to the New GP Member Guide, the forum rules, this video introduction made by user Qralloq and a little helpful formatting guide made by user Adam. You might also be interested in looking through some public games as well to get a feel for the site.
If you have any questions about how to use the site, you can put them into our Questions and Help subforum.

To join a game, keep your eyes on the Games Tavern, where GMs advertise their games and look for players.

You're also invited to join us on the Discord server for some friendly conversation, about the site, RPGs in general or anything else!

If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to contact any of the following moderators:

bowlofspinach
CancerMan
Dramasailor
Len
Naatkinson
Qralloq
Keleth (site owner)

Happy gaming!

Len

May 15, 2023 4:39 am
Welcome, Zohariel!
May 15, 2023 4:41 am
Welcome aboard!!
May 15, 2023 7:58 pm
Welcome to gamersplane.com!
[ +- ] Tiny Invitation
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.