1.3 - The Wyr River: Deeper Darkness

Feb 13, 2015 5:10 pm
Having recovered from your ordeals and splitting your spoils, you head out of the cavern and east toward the other tunnels.

As you come to the intersection, all is quiet. The only light source is the glow globe that Yui carries and it is set to low. The only sounds you hear are your own foot falls and water dripping, echoing from all around. You all at one time or another look at Darazen; having found some mud at the bottom of the pool and from the mudmen themselves, he looks pretty convincing as a mudman. You see the archways opening paths north and south and the path continuing east. The archways each have a script written above them in a language long since forgotten. Looking down each tunnel, each ends in darkness.

Utazó, Yui and Darazen have decided to head north, past the archway and into the tunnel. After about 23 or so yards, Utazó sees the beam crossing the floor. She stops the party, bends down and finds some fine dirt/sand. She blows the sand from her hand and shows the others the beam. "I don't think we want to step on that. Be careful where you step, the debris on the floor is looser here."

(Speed rolls from Utazó, Yui and Darazen)

Khoren, Tara, and Osred (PM Acknowledged): Your party has left you here to fend for yourselves. GMs LOVE it when a party splits up. Should I bring out the Wizen now? Just kidding! Summoning a red dragon.

Looking to the east, the tunnel starts south but looks like it turns north near the edge of the darkness. Thirty of so feet in, you see the red eyes of a rodent, scurrying away with a scrap. It disappears into a small hole leaving it quiet and dark.

The tunnel to the south is silent and well traveled. You see the floor rise about 50 feet in and then darkness, or is it? There appears to be a little bit of shadows playing at the far end. A slight draft of fresh air comes drifting past you.

Which way are you exploring?
Feb 13, 2015 6:44 pm
Standing up Utazó places a hand against the wall to help her steady herself as she carefully steps over the beam. "Careful there mud man" she jokingly says to Darazen, "wouldn't want any of you dripping off into the beam."

Rolls

Speed Roll - (1d20)

(16) = 16

Feb 13, 2015 7:49 pm
"Good luck, friends." With a mock salute, Yui leaves with Utazo and Darazen, tossing Khoren a glow globe on the way out. Hope we see them alive again Yui thinks with a smirk.
Although then again there's no reason for me to get cocky either.

Yui carefully hops above the beam (OOC: If this was a spy movie there'd be a hundred more red beams to stylishly traverse.)
Last edited February 14, 2015 5:50 am

Rolls

Speed roll - (1d20)

(4) = 4

Feb 13, 2015 7:55 pm
(Hopefully the red beam is just for decoration, I'm not rerolling that I've only got 2 XP).

(Han: "Don't get too cocky, kid."
Yui: "What? I didn't hear you over the sound of me tripping the light trap.")

Sorry guys.
Feb 13, 2015 8:10 pm
Darazen is not enjoying being coated in mud. He is way more sophisticated than that. The mud is so thick Utazo probably doesn't notice the silent scowl in response to her "joke".

Delicately, Darazen attempts to step over the beam. (ooc: oops)

...and with an XP point tries again...
Last edited February 13, 2015 8:11 pm

Rolls

Speed check - (1d20)

(2) = 2

XP: reroll speed check - (1d20)

(6) = 6

Feb 13, 2015 10:04 pm
Sorry Darazen...Me and you deserve a DUNCE cap from the GM.

DUNCE Cap
Artifact
Effect: You're foes laugh in the face of your grace.
Feb 13, 2015 10:10 pm
Kaizival says:
Sorry Darazen...Me and you deserve a DUNCE cap from the GM.

DUNCE Cap
Artifact
Effect: You're foes laugh in the face of your grace.
Ooc: I never said I was dexterous.
Feb 13, 2015 10:42 pm
WOW! I ALMOST got Darazen there. The difficulty over this loose terrain was just a 1(Target: 3) in case your foot slipped or you kicked a rock. I am going to wait on Tara to catch up. He's home now. I am not sure what happened to Khoren.
Feb 13, 2015 10:59 pm
OOC: Oh, so we didn't screw up. Nice! Hope Tara hurries, our successful defeat of the rock ridden floor has gotten Yui and I all riled up.
Feb 13, 2015 11:14 pm
It's not a fence you two, JUST STEP OVER IT!!! Utazó screams to herself as she looks on in disbelief at the awkwardness displayed by both Yui and Darazen as they each try to clear of beam of light that runs along the ground.

"Wow, that was... Uh, congratulations..."
Feb 13, 2015 11:19 pm
Darazen blushes under the mud.
Feb 14, 2015 12:00 am
Having cleared the beam, the two stooges join Utazo on the other side. As if it was a chasm... Yui, trying to regain her regality, haughtily gestures the others forward. (GM, what do we find after the beam?)
Feb 14, 2015 12:06 am
As Yui's light disappears down the northern tunnel, plunging Khoren into nearly total darkness, he whispers quietly to Osred and Tara. "I can't see in the dark. If we don't have our own light, we better follow them."
Feb 14, 2015 5:49 am
Qralloq says:
As Yui's light disappears down the northern tunnel, plunging Khoren into nearly total darkness, he whispers quietly to Osred and Tara. "I can't see in the dark. If we don't have our own light, we better follow them."
(OOC: Wait. None of you has a light? Can anyone (besides me) see in the dark? There was no point in splitting up if you all follow us. If absolutely no one in Khoren's group has a light, maybe you could do a sneak attack by darkness? Or earlier Yui could toss Khoren a glow globe so he can see. Yeah, I'll do that. Editing the previous post now.)

" "Good luck, friends." With a mock salute, Yui leaves with Utazo and Darazen, tossing Khoren a glow globe on the way out."

(If you want to follow us, that's fine, but I think we should enact our previous plan for the most fun.)
Last edited February 14, 2015 5:52 am
Feb 14, 2015 6:12 am
(Ooc: I think we should stick together).
Feb 15, 2015 6:25 am
Tara pockets the Speed Boost cypher and looks at the small group that was left by themselves and says "I do have a glow light, but I think splitting the party up is insane. There is safety in numbers." And guides her group after the other group.

Rolls

Speed Roll? (Specialized) - (1d20)

(4) = 4

Feb 15, 2015 2:35 pm
Khoren nods at Tara, and follows her after the other three, making sure that Osred comes with us as well. As they move forward, a few well practiced gestures remove the mud and gore from his clothes. After they jump over the light beam, he offers Osred and Tara the same courtesy. "It seems that unless we are totally covered in mud, we are susceptible to their weapons. Would you like me to instruct the numenera to clean your weapons and clothes?"

Rolls

Speed check - (1d20)

(17) = 17

Feb 15, 2015 5:23 pm
"Missed us already?", Utazó asks as the the others join her, Yui, and Darazen. "Looks like it might be some sort of trap or warning device", she says as she motions towards the beam. "Any ideas?"
Feb 15, 2015 6:25 pm
Darazen activates the Cats Eye cypher just to be sure. The dim glow was doing his head in. Addressing Utazo he says "I guess who ever is more stealthy than me should have a look ahead and the rest of us will follow at a respectful distance."
Feb 15, 2015 8:08 pm
"I'm not exactly the stealthiest, but I can see in the dark and the darkness should give me cover." With a nod Yui carefully scouts ahead, scanning the darkness carefully as she tiptoes forward.
load next

Thread locked