1.3 - The Wyr River: Deeper Darkness

load previous
Feb 17, 2015 12:19 pm
"What about the waterfall? I think it's s mistake to try to get past these beams without further research."
Feb 17, 2015 2:15 pm
Khoren holds up a warning hand, quietly saying "tchht!" and turns to the south, away from the beams, listening intently.

Rolls

Intellect check - (1d20)

(18) = 18

Feb 17, 2015 3:59 pm
Khoren whispers without moving "Three mudmen coming. As soon as they see us, kill them and save their prisoner."
As soon as the mudmen falter in their advance toward us, Khoren will leap and attack, using Push esotery with effort for damage to knock the lead one (i.e., not holding the prisoner) into the tunnel wall (roll below for the appropriate time).

Rolls

Intellect check, Push esotery (with effort for damage) - (1d20)

(20) = 20

Feb 17, 2015 4:36 pm
Qralloq says:
Khoren whispers without moving "Three mudmen coming. As soon as they see us, kill them and save their prisoner."
"If someone is heading this way from the other side of trap, this will certainly draw their attention.", Utazó thinks to herself as she quietly gets into position behind Khoren and crouches, hand on the hilt of her sword. "I'd still like to keep one of these sons of abhumans alive, but failing that, maybe the prisoner will be able to tell us something."
Feb 17, 2015 5:55 pm
(ooc: from which direction are the mudmen coming?)
Feb 17, 2015 6:14 pm
Merlin says:
(ooc: from which direction are the mudmen coming?)
I'm assuming from the south, as that's the way Khoren turned when he gave us the warning.
Feb 17, 2015 7:36 pm
(ooc: cheers, szemely)

Darazen turns to the south and attempts to see the mudmen with his Cat's Eyes. ***how does Khoren know they have a captive?***

Rolls

Cat's eyes... see in dark, cypher expert - (1d20)

(10) = 10

Feb 17, 2015 8:21 pm
Coming into sight, you see three mudmen, leading a prisoner. They don't seem to care about stealth.

One of the mudmen is holding a dim light stick, one is holding the rope of the prisoner and the last holds a prod stick and pack (most likely the prisoners gear). They are making no secret of who they are and are about 25 yards away. They walk right through the light beam. They have no idea you are there, yet.
Feb 17, 2015 9:22 pm
Darazen attempts to communicate telepathically with the captive. ***do you need help? Don't speak, just think***

(ooc: ahem!!! That deserves a reroll. 1 XP spent coming up...)
Last edited February 17, 2015 9:24 pm

Rolls

Communicate telepathically - intellect - (1d20)

(1) = 1

Communicate telepathically - intellect (retry) - 1XP - (1d20)

(11) = 11

Feb 18, 2015 12:01 am
Tara will wait til they get into immediate range (so the others are ready) and then rush out and punch the lead mudman.

OMG.. *this* is the reason I prefer real dice..
Least then if the die fails me I can throw it across the room!
Last edited February 18, 2015 12:04 am

Rolls

Attack Roll - (Effort to hit) - (1d20)

(2) = 2

Feb 18, 2015 12:03 am
You 'hear' a reply:

Yes! There are three of them, and the one in the back has all of my tools. Get me out of this and I'll repair anything you need!
Feb 18, 2015 12:04 am
Yui quietly crouches opposite Khoren and Utazo. Motioning to the others, she mimes bashing someone on the head with the hilt of a sword. I'll try to take one alive.
She then puts her hands behind her back as if they were bound, and then gestures at the prisoner and then makes a jerking gesture away from the mudmen. After that, she points at everyone with an inquiring look. Someone should get the prisoner away from the mudmen so they don't try anything funny. Yui then quietly draws her katana.

(OOC: Hi Objulen! We'll make sure you leave the mudmen with your head attached! :) )
Feb 18, 2015 12:06 am
(OOC: Yes Hi Objulen!)
Feb 18, 2015 12:07 am
(OOC: I hope so! And hello!)
Feb 18, 2015 12:53 am
Anyone attacking who has not rolled, I need a roll (might, speed or intellect...depending on your attack)
Feb 18, 2015 12:58 am
Vult will wait to act until the mud people are distracted.
Feb 18, 2015 1:28 am
Utazó sizes up the mud man leading the prisoner and nods to Yui. Leaving one alive would be good, but I'm done playing. Maybe pushing my sword through his abdomen won't actually kill him...

When the mud men are within immediate range Utazó will rush the one leading the prisoner and swing her sword down on him.
Last edited February 18, 2015 2:06 am

Rolls

Might Roll for the attack. - (1d20)

(7) = 7

Feb 18, 2015 1:33 am
When the mudmen get close, Yui will wait till the others attack, and them attempt to swiftly bash a mudman on the head with the hilt of her katana, knocking him out.

Rolls

Knock out mudman- speed effort - (1d20)

(9) = 9

Feb 18, 2015 2:04 am
Darazen whispers to his comrades, "The captive will help us. He told me. Let's free him."

With that Darazen unleashes onslaught on the lead mudman.

(Ooc: welcome Objulen)

Rolls

Onslaught mental - intellect - (1d20)

(18) = 18

Feb 18, 2015 2:58 am
This is a surprise round. They did not see or hear you and certainly were not expecting anyone in their tunnels.

Surprise Round

R:S - Khoren, from the shadows concentrates. Focusing on the lead Mudman (M:1) up front, he leaps out and makes a gesture to push him into the wall. The mudman is lifted off his feet and flies into the wall with a crushing blow (10 dmg). The sound of bones breaking hangs in the air for a moment.

R:S - Tara moves quickly and sees Khoren take out the leader. Changing targets, she turns toward the next one (M:2) holding the rope of the prisoner. Her foot hits a loose stone and slips, but she recovers.

R:S - Utazó, seeing Khoren and Tara leap out, follows suit. She charges to the second mudman (M:2) and slashes with her sword (4 dmg). Stunned at the sudden appearance of people and being attacked. He drops the rope and fumbles for his weapon.

R:S - Yui springs from the rocks and tries to make an arial attack on the mudman leading the prisoner (M:2). She uses the hilt of her sword to hit him on the head (2 dmg and stunned)

R:S - Darazen, seeing the attacks focused on the other two, changes his target. He concentrates and unleashes an onslaught attack on the last mudman (M:3) (4 dmg)

R:S - Vult is holding his action, waiting for the distraction. (Will move to top of the round next round)

R:S - The Mudmen Mooks:
Mud Man (M:1) Eyes wide in shock and pain, he dies against the tunnel wall
Mud Man (M:2) Fumbled for his weapon, he dropped to his knees, stunned
Mud Man (M:3) Suprised at the attack, he holds his weapon (prod stick) up defiantly for a moment, then panic sets in and he turns to run.

Results (Note: After this battle, I will not be displaying the list of opponents and the stats. This is just to get you used to what happens behind the scene)
Mud Man (M:1) Dead
Mud Man (M:2) 6 dmg and stunned
Mud Man (M:3) 4 dmg
load next

Thread locked