1.3 - The Wyr River: Deeper Darkness

load previous
Feb 18, 2015 3:06 am
Tara sees her first target taken out, her second target slumps to the ground stunned.. She looks for the third mudman and realizes he's about to make a break for it.. She spins and sweeps the mudman (M:3) legs with her foot.
Last edited February 18, 2015 3:07 am

Rolls

Might Attack - Effort to Hit - (1d20)

(15) = 15

Feb 18, 2015 3:15 am
Resisting the urge to finish off the stunned mudman (M:2) Utazó raises her sword to his throat. "Move and you're dead!", she growls in the most intimidating voice she can muster.

She'll take a wait action. If M:2 makes any kind of move, she'll punch him in his mucky face! (Unless of course someone else finishes him off by then.)

Rolls

Might Roll (punch if needed) - (1d20)

(13) = 13

Feb 18, 2015 3:16 am
As the mudman drops the rope, Vult strains against his bonds, trying to break free.

(OOC: Spending a level of Might Effort)
Last edited February 18, 2015 3:17 am

Rolls

1d20

(13) = 13

Feb 18, 2015 3:29 am
Darazen focusses another mental onslaught on M3.

(Ooc: nice roll... I'll take the damage)
Last edited February 18, 2015 3:36 am

Rolls

Onslaught mental - intellect - (1d20)

(19) = 19

Feb 18, 2015 3:55 am
I knew that would not last long.

Turning east to run, the mudman (M:3) leaps and tumbles east, dropping his prod stick. He knows he cannot take you all on, especially being out numbered. He has to get to reinforcements.

Vult twists and turns his wrists and with a grunt, breaks free of the ropes binding his hands.

Tara seeing the mud man (M:3) leaping tries to counter. He is well trained and very fast. He cartwheels and flips and Tara catches his feet with hers, sending him reeling and off balance. (2 XP)

Darazen thinks, "not so fast" and focuses another onslaught attack on the mud man (M:3) (2+3 dmg). His mouth opens to let out a warning as he falls, his face locked in look of pain and panic. He hits the floor and slides, breaking three of the beams.

Mudman (M:2) sits, stunned and unmoving, sword at his throat. He swallows and in raspy voice says, "Chara Key".
Feb 18, 2015 4:05 am
Khoren starts to run after the last mudman, then pauses and concentrates on him, using Push to interupt the escape and fling him back toward the prisoner.

Rolls

Intellect check, Push esotery - (1d20)

(16) = 16

Feb 18, 2015 4:27 am
Darazen relaxes, sensing the situation is just about under control... Until the beams were broken! Damn! Now what's going to happen? Turning to Utazo's captive he hears the phrase "Chara Key". Hmmm, no idea what that means. Drawing on Numera training, his education and his intellect Darazen tries to probe the captive's mind for more precise information.

Rolls

Telepathy, Numenera and knowledge - intellect - (1d20)

(4) = 4

Feb 18, 2015 4:40 am
Pulling her foot back to deliver a savage kick to mudman M2, Yui barely kills her momentum to avoid hitting Utazo. Trusting the others to take care of the last one, she kneels next to M2 with Utazo.
"Chara Key, eh? I like how you blurt something out without any sort of provocation. You're a good little prisoner, aren't you?" Yui looks at him with what one could describe as a smile honeycoated with poison. "But let's see your face, shall we? I'd like to see your face while we chat." With that, trusting Utazo to stop him/her from moving, Yui starts scraping the mud from his face, making sure to pull and pinch lightly at what she thinks are his eyebrows, mouth, and nose.

(OOC: GM, this better not kill him like Utazo sitting on the other one's chest did. I'm only getting the mud off, see? No foul play.)
Feb 18, 2015 4:54 am
Tara prepares to enter the beams to retrieve the body of the mudman, but pauses a moment to see if anything untoward happens because of the beams being broken.
Feb 18, 2015 12:46 pm
Merlin says:
Darazen relaxes, sensing the situation is just about under control... Until the beams were broken! Damn! Now what's going to happen? Turning to Utazo's captive he hears the phrase "Chara Key". Hmmm, no idea what that means. Drawing on Numera training, his education and his intellect Darazen tries to probe the captive's mind for more precise information.
Trying to communicate, you find his mind simple. You see images, a wall of water... a black sky with a blue dot in it.... the queen and her court.... a few various (and mundane) missions. As you start to probe deeper, you hear
Quote:
nuqneH, wej jIHvaD 'oy'. jegh'a' jIH. legh chavmoH. Hegh neHbe' jIH.

GHERTLHUD batlh
You search your own memories ... "Hurt me not, I ask. I am yours. Your service is my bidding. I do not wish to die."
It is the last part that... "GHERTLHUD batlh" .... "GHERTLHUD batlh" ... The queens divine? No... For my honor? ... No...

"For the honor of my queen" Yes, that's it. What is he planning?

As a few of your party gather around him, he eyes you with malice. He opens his mouth with a bloody grin and holds a small ceramic and synth sphere in his teeth.

(Speed defense roll: Darazen, Yui, Utazó and Vult)
Feb 18, 2015 12:50 pm
GrantUrDeth says:
Tara prepares to enter the beams to retrieve the body of the mudman, but pauses a moment to see if anything untoward happens because of the beams being broken.
You pause to listen and there is quite. No alarms, no smell of burning flesh, no ...nothing. You bend over and drag the mudmen off the beams.

From somewhere deep in the lost caverns inside some forgotten chamber, a panel now flashes. There is no one there to see it.
Feb 18, 2015 12:52 pm
Kaizival says:

(OOC: GM, this better not kill him like Utazo sitting on the other one's chest did. I'm only getting the mud off, see? No foul play.)
You are standing behind him, cleaning his face and hair. You are pulling and tugging the mud from his hair with gusto, causing some pain, but no damage. You see Utazó's eyes widen in fear.
Feb 18, 2015 3:39 pm
Breaking free and seeing that his serendipitous benefactors have the situation well in hand, Vult rubs his wrists and hastily says, "Thank you." with a synthetic timbre to his voice. Retrieving his equipment, he turns towards the interrogation, diving for cover as he notices some sort of cipher in the creature's mouth

Rolls

Speed Defense - (1d20)

(14) = 14

Feb 18, 2015 4:45 pm
Darazen looks perplexed. As the thought, ***For the honor of my Queen*** flashes into his mind he suddenly notices the sphere in the mudman's teeth. ***shit!*** Hoping the insight into his thoughts gives him "a jump" on the captive's next action, Darazen shouts, "Take cover!" and leaps for cover himself.

(ooc: Rule clarification: when we take an action does it cost anything if we don't use effort?)

(ooc: use an XP to reroll)
Last edited February 18, 2015 4:46 pm

Rolls

Speed defense - (1d20)

(5) = 5

Speed defense with XP - (1d20)

(18) = 18

Feb 18, 2015 6:19 pm
Just after Tara drags the body of the mudman clear of the beams she hears "Take Cover!". Tara drops to the ground and puts the mudmans body between her and the voice, hoping his body will take the brunt of whatever it is that sounded so urgent.
Feb 18, 2015 7:52 pm
Yui leaps away as fast as possible

Xp to reroll
Last edited February 18, 2015 7:53 pm

Rolls

Get away! With speed effort - (1d20)

(4) = 4

Try 2 - (1d20)

(9) = 9

Feb 18, 2015 9:20 pm
"MOVE!!" Utazó yells, as she dives off to the right, making sure to drag her sword across the mud man's neck in the process.

Rolls

Speed Roll (Trained in speed defense and with effort) - (1d20)

(12) = 12

Feb 18, 2015 9:39 pm
Springing, leaping and diving away from your captive at Utazó 's command, you all find cover. Utazó's blade finds its mark, but not before the mudman bites down and breaks the sphere. For a moment, nothing happens; then, an instant later the area around the mudman seems to contract in on itself. Rocks and loose debris in the immediate area pummel his head, centering on his mouth. His shoulders shudder. Blood from the gash on his neck flows up towards his mouth. Suddenly, everything seems to compact. It lasts a moment, then stops. Still on his knees, his head looks 5 times smaller than it should and it riddled with pot-marks and small stones embedded. He falls forward, clearly dead.
Feb 18, 2015 9:53 pm
Vult rises from the ground, again, grumbling with a synthetic voice. Drawing a deep and seemingly inappropriate breath for what is, by all outward appearances, an android, Vult speaks in a masculine voice as he finishes collecting his gear, "Thanks once again for the help. I am Vult, and, due to these abhumans, find myself rather alone in hostile territory." Smoothing out leather armor and swinging the backpack in place, he finishes by replacing a bow and a small polearm in their proper holsters. "I am in your debt, a debt I would be able to repay best by traveling with you."
Last edited February 18, 2015 10:15 pm
Feb 18, 2015 10:10 pm
Tara checks the vital signs of the (M:3) mudman she has and then takes any obvious weapons. Then will get up and drag it back to where the others are before doing a more thorough search/interrogation/mercy kill. Upon approaching the group "The beams were crossed, but nothing seemed to happen so I went in and dragged him out just in case.. Seems quiet down that way for now." she sees the other mudman with a shrunken head, embedded rocks and stab wounds.. Tara's metal masks right eyebrow quirks upward in an arch.. "I'm not sure I want to know.."
Turning to Vult, the metal eyebrow's narrow and she looks him over appraisingly.. "So.. Vult was it? How did you come to be captured by these.. abnormals?"
Last edited February 18, 2015 10:16 pm
load next

Thread locked