What games would you love to run on here?

load previous
Oct 4, 2023 3:40 am
Thanks! Yeah the idea keeps coming back to me and I keep refining it. Maybe one day I’ll return to run it here
Oct 4, 2023 9:37 am
Mage the Ascension (20) - only played in a one-shot, but I just love the reality-warping conceit behind the world. I still struggle to understand how it all fits together, how the magic 'really works', and would just love to play in that world.
Oct 4, 2023 9:55 am
Conan's Hyperborea is a great setting but hard to keep going. Modiphius' system doesn't feel like a good fit for it either but there are plenty of others that do hit that gritty low fantasy feel.

Mage is a tricky game to run because of the very nature of the characters and the breadth of their abilities...not to mention the heavy dose of lore everyone needs (players & Storyteller) to even begin to understand what's going on.

Both would be awesome games to see run, however.

I'd like to run Coyote & Crow sometime and maybe Ars Magica, as well. I may take a stab at one of them after getting my feet wet running ShadowRun on GP and slowly learning the site tools.

Also, I second Rune's opinion on the Espionage Supers game sounding like an intriguing idea.
Oct 4, 2023 10:04 am
BeardHare says:
Mage the Ascension (20) - only played in a one-shot, but I just love the reality-warping conceit behind the world. I still struggle to understand how it all fits together, how the magic 'really works', and would just love to play in that world.
Aye, it's way more complicated (in rules and setting) than what I usually go for - and would want to build up experience running other games through PbP, and playing Mage myself, before ever trying to run it here. Although MAYBE there is space to try running the Pay-What-You-Want two-page very-rules-light Mage hack "Fluid Realities" before then...
Oct 4, 2023 12:30 pm
Camilla says:
Kult, Conan
I'd definitely be up for playing a Kult game if you run one
witchdoctor says:
I'd like to run Coyote & Crow sometime
And I'd also very interested in this.
Oct 4, 2023 2:23 pm
BeardHare says:
BeardHare says:
Aye, it's way more complicated (in rules and setting) than what I usually go for - and would want to build up experience running other games through PbP, and playing Mage myself, before ever trying to run it here. Although MAYBE there is space to try running the Pay-What-You-Want two-page very-rules-light Mage hack "Fluid Realities" before then...
BeardHare says:
BeardHare says:
BeardHare says:
BeardHare says:
Mage is definitely on my wishlist
And thx for the link
Last edited October 4, 2023 2:24 pm
Oct 4, 2023 3:03 pm
I'm playing a mage (although the Awakening 2e) game on another forum. It's hard to keep track of spell factors.
Oct 4, 2023 3:15 pm
witchdoctor says:
Conan's Hyperborea is a great setting but hard to keep going. Modiphius' system doesn't feel like a good fit for it either but there are plenty of others that do hit that gritty low fantasy feel.
I don’t know... I love the 2d20 game. It feels pretty pulpy to me. Fast paced. We definitely had a few of our guys die on a play through so it was pretty gritty for us
Oct 4, 2023 9:12 pm
I want to get some experience playing games on here before I try running anything, and I dunno how well it would even work on here, but I'd really like to give Rotate Bird a shot eventually. Been rolling around an idea involving robots and sapient toys (that are also robots.)
Oct 23, 2023 10:32 pm
In no particular order...
Devil's Crossroad.
Carbon Grey
Open Quest
Nowhereville
Level Up: Advanced 5th Edition
Rocket Amoeba
Bugbears & Borderlands
Into The Unknown
Undiscovered: The Quest For Adventure
The Well
Courant Fractal
The Dead
The Dead Are Coming
Atomic Highway
Toxandria
Paleomythic
Black Sword Hack
Space Aces
Red Giant
Old School Essentials
Shotguns n' Saddles
Highcaster
Dragonblade
Shadow of the Demon Lord
The Monsters Are Our Heroes
Swords & Chaos
Running Out Of Time
Hell Night
Simple Quest
Beasties & Battleaxes
Swords & Six-Siders
Dominion Rules
Torchbearers
Barbarians of Lemuria
ICONS
I think I own too many games...
Nov 5, 2023 2:42 am
My list is increasing... I've gotten my hands on a (5e) campaign written for the furry convention I attended recently, (plus I have the physical lore book.) Idk if I'd be able to get people together for it, but it would be really fun...

Speaking of things I'm not sure anyone else would be into, I've been wanting to try My Roleplaying is Magic S4 for years! I know there's a Pathfinder setting for ponies, but RiM really focuses on hitting the tone and spirit of the 4th gen cartoon. The website appears to be shut down now, but it's on the Wayback Machine.

One I probably actually am gonna try to run is Oh Fuck, The Killer! A one page deal written by someone on Tumblr that's based on slasher movies and is about aggressively trying to screw each other over. Probably not gonna do it until sometime next year, but I do want to give it a go.

...Of course all the stuff I think sounds cool to run is weird and niche and probably has an extremely narrow range of appeal... So it goes...
Last edited November 5, 2023 2:42 am
Nov 5, 2023 2:57 am
Weird and niche can be a lot of fun. Never underestimate being able to find others that share that niche interest!
Nov 5, 2023 6:19 am
Quote:
One I probably actually am gonna try to run is Oh Fuck, The Killer! A one page deal written by someone on Tumblr that's based on slasher movies and is about aggressively trying to screw each other over. Probably not gonna do it until sometime next year, but I do want to give it a go.
I would definitely play in that. I'm actually currently playing in a game with a very similar premise to that.
Quote:
...Of course all the stuff I think sounds cool to run is weird and niche and probably has an extremely narrow range of appeal... So it goes...
Those are the best kind!
Nov 5, 2023 9:13 am
kalajel says:
@kalajel I would love to try out the possibilities that Level Up: Advanced 5th Edition presents.
Nov 5, 2023 1:23 pm
runekyndig says:
kalajel says:
@kalajel I would love to try out the possibilities that Level Up: Advanced 5th Edition presents.
Seconded!
Nov 6, 2023 1:29 am
@runekyndig and @WhiteDwarf Alright, I'll see what I can come up with.
Nov 6, 2023 1:52 am
A long term game.
That would take character from level 1 to 20+.
That if a player leaves we throw in another one and not worry about "continuation".
But most players are active. Posting a few times a week.
Everyone takes good notes and pay attentions.
Nov 6, 2023 4:55 am
I"m running an EZD6 game. Its my first time to play here at Gamer's Plane.
Nov 7, 2023 12:59 am
amymist says:

I’m with you there, lol.

I’ve just picked up the Basic Roleplay Game System book and that’s given me even more ideas.
Last edited November 7, 2023 1:01 am
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.