What games would you love to run on here?

load previous
Aug 21, 2023 2:59 pm
nezzeraj says:
Brindlewood Bay is murder-solving grannies...
Murder, She Wrote the RPG?
Aug 21, 2023 5:29 pm
Plus a dose of Golden Girls, and Lovecraft. ;)
Aug 22, 2023 12:22 am
WhtKnt says:
nezzeraj says:
Brindlewood Bay is murder-solving grannies...
Murder, She Wrote the RPG?
Harrigan says:
Plus a dose of Golden Girls, and Lovecraft. ;)
Yes to both lol.
Aug 24, 2023 10:26 pm
I have also been thinking of running a Fellowship game here. As usual, the players would define the world/setting (especially in Fellowship), but I did have an idea for a game 'Against the Tyrant Gods' where the PCs rebel against the gods of the world that have been keeping the world from progressing (technologically) to 'maintain belief systems' (possibly taking very loose inspiration from the novel Lord of Light by Roger Zelazny if I remember that right (his titles are not always 'clear':), it has been while since I read Fellowship, so it might not actually work with that idea, though).
I have also been thinking/asked about No Country for Old Kobolds. PCs play as generations of Kobolds, trying to defend their village from the regular rampaging 'adventurers' that will come through and destroy everything they don't steal for no reason. PCs die a lot... that is how they level up: by having the next generation take over with most of the same 'family traits' but with some 'evolution' making them stronger.
Sep 17, 2023 2:32 am
runekyndig says:
Viking1031 says:

Dragonbane- New game that just came out that I pre-ordered. The physical copy should be arriving soon but I have read the pdf. The adventure module that came with it is an entire campaign that I would like to run.
@Viking1031 I got mine last week. There is a xp pr gameplay mechanics where you ask your players some questions (did you defeat a monster? Did you play on your weakness? ect..) that I have been thinking about how to translate to PBP. Currently, I'm thinking that a "game session is a month, perhaps two months
I am thinking it through as well. What I am thinking right now for I want to run the adventures that came with the game. I may break down each adventure into 1 or 2 sessions depending on how it goes. I am also thinking into adding another story arc that will take place once the original one is done.
Sep 17, 2023 7:13 am
@Viking1031 if you will run a dragonbane game, I'll join and provide a charactersheet templete :)
But the real kicker is the initiative system. That one is really not suited for PBP
Sep 17, 2023 2:48 pm
The card-based initiative that's become the standard in many Free League games is pretty easy to model with d10, d100, or even d1000 (to avoid duplicates) rolls, actually. The GM can simply roll for the whole group, rolling twice for those who are supposed to pull two cards, then get right to it.
Sep 17, 2023 3:32 pm
I'd love to see some Masks on this site. As a player or running it
Sep 17, 2023 3:35 pm
I have been toying with the idea of running an Elemental game. It's a universal system that uses a d6 and that die can explode only one time. You add your attribute + skill to the total. It's light, which is one of the reasons I like it. But not too light. New players would find it easy I think. I have yet to nail down the setting though.
Sep 17, 2023 3:37 pm
Chloe says:
I'd love to see some Masks on this site. As a player or running it
I'm playing in a Masks game and it is a system that I think would be fun to run as well. It's not on my immediate list but it's something I'd definitely consider for the future.
Sep 17, 2023 10:00 pm
vagueGM says:

I have also been thinking/asked about No Country for Old Kobolds. PCs play as generations of Kobolds, trying to defend their village from the regular rampaging 'adventurers' that will come through and destroy everything they don't steal for no reason. PCs die a lot... that is how they level up: by having the next generation take over with most of the same 'family traits' but with some 'evolution' making them stronger.
Sounds like a very interesting concept. Never heard of it. Thank you very much, I will look into it. If you create this game or even wanna try rotating GMs, please invite me. ;)
Last edited September 17, 2023 10:43 pm
Sep 18, 2023 12:12 am
htech says:
vagueGM says:

... No Country for Old Kobolds. ...
... wanna try rotating GMs, please invite me.
Intriguing proposal. It is a simple enough game that rotating GMs might be a feasible option.

If you want to try GMing --it, or some other-- I would happily help you with that as well.
Sep 18, 2023 6:41 pm
There's this and then also I'm interested in something completely different.
Sep 21, 2023 4:32 pm
Seeing as I'm prepping for a game, I'll add my voice to this. I'm wanting to run a narrative-focused game with diplomacy and problem solving as the main focus. For now, I'm looking to use 5e only because of the setting and system is already there for me to use. And let's face it, most people are familiar enough with 5e that there won't need to be much teaching.
Sep 21, 2023 6:02 pm
GuardianRory says:
Seeing as I'm prepping for a game, I'll add my voice to this. I'm wanting to run a narrative-focused game with diplomacy and problem solving as the main focus. For now, I'm looking to use 5e only because of the setting and system is already there for me to use. And let's face it, most people are familiar enough with 5e that there won't need to be much teaching.
@GuardianRory 5e is just a game system. By setting do you mean forgotten realms? Darksun? Eberron? Grayhawk? Dragonlance? Or your own homebrew word?
Sep 21, 2023 9:10 pm
Well, I actually want to run a game in the Warcraft universe. I fell pretty hard for the worldbuilding back when I started WoW back in it's vanilla days. I read through the lore and have wanted to explore it more than the games allow.
Sep 21, 2023 9:58 pm
GuardianRory says:
Well, I actually want to run a game in the Warcraft universe. I fell pretty hard for the worldbuilding back when I started WoW back in it's vanilla days. I read through the lore and have wanted to explore it more than the games allow.
There is a d20 (D&D 3.0) source book for Warcraft, and a fan made conversion for D&D 5e.
Sep 22, 2023 4:23 am
Yes, though I'm not thrilled with the D&D 3e version, it has some good lore in its region entries. It's the fan-made conversion for 5e that I'm planning on using. :)
Oct 3, 2023 3:13 pm
I'll chime in too. I'll have to read through every bodies thoughts, but it seems like there's some good stuff here.

Man... there's so many. I'm still getting my feet wet with the site but some of the games that keep coming back to me are:

A superheroes in space game - Kind of a BattleStar Galactica meets X-Men meets Space Seed from Star Trek. The players have a space ship and some powers and need to explore an unknown sector of space to find a new home. Or Fight an evil space empire. Or just be super heroes. It would be Sandboxy an open ended.

I'm also interested in running an espionage game with super powers. It would be similar to Gatchaman if anyone saw that or the show The Unit meets Power Rangers. A group of agents with special skills and abilities are trying to stop a bunch of bad guys and terrorists and keep the world free and people safe.

Girl by Moonlight which was a kickstarter. Worth looking up if you hadn't heard of it. No real concept yet.

The last one I'll put here is some sort of martial arts epic. Not sure how high or low powered yet, but the idea is that there are several factions in a the city, all with some martial prowess and there's a kind of cold war going on. The players have to navigate this and kick some butt at the same time. There's a system called Fight to Survive that came out on Kickstarter which is kind of like Pendragon meets Double Dragon, I'd love to check that system out.
Oct 3, 2023 4:00 pm
Aegis says:
I'm also interested in running an espionage game with super powers. It would be similar to Gatchaman if anyone saw that or the show The Unit meets Power Rangers. A group of agents with special skills and abilities are trying to stop a bunch of bad guys and terrorists and keep the world free and people safe.
Could be interesting
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.