What games would you love to run on here?

load previous
Nov 7, 2023 6:44 am
Aegis says:

I’ve just picked up the Basic Roleplay Game System book and that’s given me even more ideas.
The new edition or the original? BRP is a good system for a wide range of games. BRP Star Trek is on my list to run at some point...
Last edited November 7, 2023 6:44 am
Nov 7, 2023 4:41 pm
witchdoctor says:
[quote="Aegis"]
The new edition or the original? BRP is a good system for a wide range of games. BRP Star Trek is on my list to run at some point...
I am working on a BRP Star Trek conversion myself! With some FASA skill list inspiration.
Nov 7, 2023 5:12 pm
Dreamweaver says:
witchdoctor says:

I am working on a BRP Star Trek conversion myself! With some FASA skill list inspiration.
That sounds awesome. Maybe we should compare notes sometime!
Nov 7, 2023 6:43 pm
Yeah. Love Star Trek!

The new edition. I didn’t have the old one, but my understanding is this is mostly a compilation of the old one and the errata and zines they put out. And streamlined.

It’s pretty cool though. Just trying to get a feel for it’s tone and what it does differently than anyone else. Definitely looking forward to running something with it.
Nov 8, 2023 3:58 am
I would run and play the following:

Running the game ? Cy_Borg (don't have the core rulebook just yet, but I'm VERY interested in this system), Shadowdark, and Vaults of Vaarn.

Playing? Those 3 but I’ll play almost anything
Last edited November 9, 2023 3:08 am
Dec 14, 2023 6:56 am
I'm very fond of the original Star Wars RPG (though I like the dice mechanics of Edge of the Empire/Age of Rebellion/Force and Destiny, too); it just plays really, really well, and I'm interested to try to see how well it would work in PbP.

I'm interested in trying to facilitate a game of Fiasco (one of my favorite one-shot games), though it requires a lot of RP and patience from players on PbP.

I think both Gamma World (1st or 2nd edition) and Paranoia (1st or 2nd edition) would be fun to run; Paranoia is nice because it is generally clearly bounded. You can't really do a campaign of Paranoia unless you have people running a sequential series of clone families...which doesn't really interest me, as it feels like squeezing a square peg into a round hole.

I've toyed with the idea of running The Taint here on GP; the difficulty here is in not knowing the players very well outside of the forums, and so not having a good sense of what powers would be particularly satisfying/enjoyable. I'd probably use random tables, though that likely isn't as fun.

I also started adapting the classic diceless 80s RPG, Space Seekers (yes, the source of my username), to diced play here on GP. I'd love to do that, though it might take a lot of explaining for everybody.

Right now, though, I'm trying to take it slow and not over-commit to running a bunch of games at once. But it is tempting when I'm in so many games that aren't posting as fast as I would like. My temptation is to think: "Nothing's happening right now, so I should run another game. Or maybe, since I can't decide on just one, I'll run TWO MORE GAMES!"

So far I'm reminding myself to be patient, and these lulls happen naturally, and that impatience will come back to bite me HARD if I give in to it. Therefore, I'm not going to start another game just yet...but that is the list I'm considering for when I do.
Dec 14, 2023 8:02 am
spaceseeker19 says:
I'm very fond of the original Star Wars RPG (though I like the dice mechanics of Edge of the Empire/Age of Rebellion/Force and Destiny, too); it just plays really, really well, and I'm interested to try to see how well it would work in PbP.
I have found it works really well in PBP as you can narrate your action after you have seen your roll. The GM just have to be upfront with the difficulty dices
Dec 14, 2023 10:22 am
@spaceseeker19 would love to try Fiasco on here...

You do not have permission to post in this thread.