Chapter 1: The One Who Watches From Below

load previous
Sep 8, 2023 8:16 pm
Aldar runs for the door where Hyde is, but stops and turns back to the worms before he gets there. Then he begins chanting and tracing shapes in the air with his hand. The air around his hand begins to turn an inky black. And then...

The magic fizzles.
OOC:
Aldar moves his full movement towards Hyde, then uses his action to cast "choking cloud" Although its called "choking" the description says it is a caustic, acidic mist, so I'm hoping eyeballs will react poorly to it .
Last edited September 8, 2023 8:19 pm

Rolls

Spell roll - (1d20+3)

(4) + 3 = 7

Sep 8, 2023 11:34 pm
Sister Honey sees the opportunity to flee and takes it, running as fast as her wobbly legs will take. She utters the words of a spell as she runs, holding her holy symbol out in front of her.
OOC:
She’s running as far as she can toward the doors Hyde opened.
Feeling no connection to the Lady in Blue, she shouts, "Forsaken! I have been forsaken! We’re all going to die!"
Last edited September 8, 2023 11:35 pm

Rolls

Holy Sanctuary - (1d20+2)

(6) + 2 = 8

Sep 9, 2023 2:05 am
Injured, Kip makes a break for the open door to safety!
Sep 11, 2023 3:10 pm
Hyde looks at the door across from him but hesitates. The majority of the crew was still under attack so instead of continue on Hyde draws the longbow he just found and fires a shot at one of the eyestalks. He aims specifically for the eyeball in an attempt to blind the thing...
OOC:
Blinding mighty deed attempt

Rolls

Attack - (1d20+1, 1d3)

1d20+1 : (4) + 1 = 5

1d3 : (2) = 2

Damage - (1d6+2)

(2) + 2 = 4

Sep 11, 2023 9:45 pm
Baxwen rushes to take cover behind the large skull, moving to around the far-side of its back so that he can attempt to keep an eye on the eyes. He's looking for the opportunity to rush, but his short legs and the distance do not inspire confidence. He also readies his sling, but holds fire for now.
Sep 12, 2023 6:48 am
OOC:
Botting Pyne.
Both Aldar's and Honey's magic falters as they try to call upon it! They move across the room, Pyne staying near them to cover them! Kip rushes ahead, holding her injured side, while Baxwen remains behind, hiding behind the large skull! Hyde's arrow whizzes past the eyestalks.

The eyestalks whip about the room. Kip narrowly manages to avoid being crushed by the one closest to the door where Hyde is standing. The other one wallops Pyne, badly injuring him!
OOC:
7 damage to Pyne. Everybody may act! Kip is 35 feet away from Hyde, while everybody else but Baxwen is 45 feet away. If you all use your move and your action to move again, you can get into the hall and out of reach of the eyestalks. Baxwen is still 75 feet away, hiding behind the skull.

Rolls

Attacks - (d20+3, d20+3)

d20+3 : (9) + 3 = 12

d20+3 : (18) + 3 = 21

Damage - (d8)

(7) = 7

Sep 12, 2023 11:11 am
Baxwen grumbles. "Be an adventurer, she said. Gold and glory, she said. Never said a thing about being crushed by giant eyeballs."

Baxwen whirls his swing and lets a stone fly at the closest eye, hoping he's far enough way behind cover to avoid getting crushed.

"This is a stupid way to die," he says, "but it could be worse, I guess."

Rolls

Sling Attack - (1d20+2)

(13) + 2 = 15

Sling Damage - (1d4)

(4) = 4

Sep 12, 2023 1:40 pm
Sister Honey leapt at the sound of the eye stalk walloping Pyne. She kept her feverish pace toward the exit but this time issued no declaration of doom. It wasn’t good for her mental state.
Last edited September 12, 2023 1:43 pm
Sep 12, 2023 3:46 pm
Seemingly safe for the moment, Hyde fires another arrow at the eyeball on top of the stalk...

As Hyde's arrow rips through the trunk of the eyestalk he looks at the new longbow in shock,

"I think I'm gonna like this bow!"
OOC:
trying to blind one again...

*No blinding but 9 damage and a crit ain't too bad!

**19 total damage!
Last edited September 12, 2023 3:51 pm

Rolls

Attack - (1d20+1, 1d3)

1d20+1 : (20) + 1 = 21

1d3 : (1) = 1

Damage - (1d6+2)

(6) + 2 = 8

Crit Roll: 1d12+2 - (CritRoll:1d12+2)

(12) + 2 = 14

Crit damage - (2d8)

(64) = 10

Sep 12, 2023 4:08 pm
Unnerved by the failure of his spell, Aldar turns and runs to the open door where Hyde is standing.
Sep 12, 2023 8:12 pm
OOC:
Alright, back from camping and ready to play, where about would Pyne be in this current situation?
Sep 12, 2023 8:56 pm
OOC:
@Kaneda_Shepard I had you move and defend last round, so you are 45 feet away from the exit where Hyde is, and 10 feet from either eyestalk. You took 7 damage last round.
Sep 13, 2023 5:38 pm
OOC:
When it's my turn
Kip, holding his bleeding wound, summons every ounce of energy she can to make it through the door.
Sep 14, 2023 1:34 pm
OOC:
Botting Pyne to keep things moving. Pending dice rolls.
Honey rushes headlong across the room and into the checkered hall. Aldar and Kip follow in her wake, making it to where Hyde stands. Pyne moves through the room, turning to fire an arrow at the nearest eyestalk. As it writhes in pain, Hyde fires his own arrow, piercing it right in the eye itself! Blood and humors pour from the wound as the eyestalk shudders and slumps over, going still.

Meanwhile, Baxwen is still on the far side of the hall, taking cover behind the giant skull. He hurls a sling bullet at the remaining eyestalk close to him, damaging it. In retaliation, the eyestalk tries to pummel the halfling! The cover doesn't help him as the eyestalk bashes him, though luckily it is only a glancing blow.
OOC:
2 damage to Baxwen. Everybody may act. If Baxwen moves his full speed this round, he's still in reach of the eyestalk, which would get another attack on him before he could fully escape. However, he could move 40 feet to one of the side staircases and escape its reach.

Rolls

Attack - (d20+2+d3)

(12) + (3) + 2 = 17

Damage - (d6+3)

(4) + 3 = 7

Secret Roll

Secret Roll

Secret Roll

Attack vs Baxwen, Cover - (d20+3-2)

(19) + 1 = 20

Damage - (d8)

(2) = 2

Sep 14, 2023 2:24 pm
Aldar gets his new bow ready, knocks an arrow and prepares to fire - taking what cover he can from the doorway.
OOC:
Is the hallway wider than the doorway - which would mean there's a little bit of wall that he can take cover behind if he steps through the doorway? If so, that's what he does.

Also, if I'm reading the rules right, it takes a whole action to ready the bow, correct? If not, he'll want to take a shot too.
Sep 14, 2023 3:48 pm
Feeling vulnerable, desperate, and terrified if truly without divine aid, Sister Honey tries to call again upon the Lady in Blue.
OOC:
RESULTS: Enemies are compelled to focus their attacks against other targets. As long as an attacker can reasonably attack some other target instead of the cleric, it must choose to do so. Creatures of 3 HD or less cannot attack the cleric in any manner. Creatures of 4 HD or more may attempt a Will save to resist the compulsion and attack the cleric. This Will save is required even if the cleric is the only reasonable target. This effect lasts for 1 turn. It is immediately dispelled if the cleric attacks or takes aggressive action in any way.
OOC:
1 turn = 10minutes
The cleric immediately gasps aloud with exhilaration as she feels the presence of her deity.
"Alas! All is as it should be! I am protected as an emissary of the Lady in Blue and I am charged to do her bidding. Nothing else is as important."
She turns to the wincing dwarven woman and says,
"Swear loyalty to protect my person and my mission and the Lady will heal you through my hands."
Last edited September 14, 2023 3:53 pm

Rolls

Holy Sanctuary - (1d20+2)

(19) + 2 = 21

Sep 14, 2023 5:50 pm
"Let's see if lightning strikes twice..."

Hyde fires a shot at the other eyestalk, trying his best to hit the eye...
OOC:
Mighty Deed hits (as long as 15 total attack hits the thing). Blinded!

11 damage
Last edited September 14, 2023 5:52 pm

Rolls

Attack - (1d20+1, 1d3)

1d20+1 : (11) + 1 = 12

1d3 : (3) = 3

Damage - (1d6+2)

(6) + 2 = 8

Sep 16, 2023 1:33 am
Over the din, the pain, and the unbearable gas Kip gasps You got it, priest. Give me the blessing of the Blue Lady!
Sep 16, 2023 3:52 am
The zealot of the Lady in Blue recites the invocation and feels the warmth stirring in her hands. She holds them together until she can no longer bear the heat. Then her hands find their way to the deep bruising suffered by the dwarf. She holds them there until the fire leaves her hands.
OOC:
Results: Kip may roll 2HD to regain health.
Last edited September 16, 2023 3:53 am

Rolls

Lay on hands - (1d20+3)

(12) + 3 = 15

Sep 18, 2023 2:04 am
OOC:
Sweet and delicious healing
OOC:
made an error. -1 stamina. 10 healing in total
Last edited September 18, 2023 2:32 am

Rolls

Vitality regain - (2d10)

(47) = 11

load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.