Chapter 1: The One Who Watches From Below

load previous
Nov 14, 2023 10:06 pm
OOC:
you burn luck AFTER the roll, you can either spend more luck to make it now or cancel your spend altogether
Nov 15, 2023 9:54 am
OOC:
Kip can burn 7 Luck.
As Hyde and Kip continue to flee, Honey hesitates to load the treasure chest back into the wheelbarrow. Brother Tim stays near Honey and Kip, his magic providing protection. The eyes fire more rays, but Tim's spell deflects several of them! One sleep beam each hits Tim and Kip.
OOC:
Kip and Tim must each succeed at a DC 15 Fortitude save or fall asleep for 1d3 rounds. Remember the +1 bonus from Tim's spell!

PC Positions: Honey is 45 feet from the exit, loading a treasure chest into her wheelbarrow. Brother Tim is 40 feet from the exit. Kip is 35 feet from the exit. Aislynn and Hyde have escaped! Aldar is dead.

Rolls

Eye Rays - (d20+1, d20+1, d20+1, d20+1, d20+1)

d20+1 : (18) + 1 = 19

d20+1 : (8) + 1 = 9

d20+1 : (12) + 1 = 13

d20+1 : (17) + 1 = 18

Ray Type - (d6, d6)

d6 : (5) = 5

d6 : (5) = 5

Nov 15, 2023 12:16 pm
Brother Tim lets out a weary yawn, muttering, "All this excitement is so tiring..." His eyelids grow heavy, and he slumps to the floor.
OOC:
Fortitude Save

Edit: Ha! So much for that.
Last edited November 15, 2023 12:19 pm

Rolls

Fortitude Save (Fort +1, Protection Evil +2) - (1d20+3)

(3) + 3 = 6

Nov 15, 2023 1:37 pm
Kip is so tired...so hurt...Is it worth it....to fight? Kip hears laughter....horrible and familiar. She drifts into a nightmarish sleep.
Last edited November 15, 2023 1:39 pm

Rolls

Fort Save DC 15 - (1d20+2)

(9) + 2 = 11

Nov 15, 2023 3:39 pm
OOC:
Did someone check Aldar's body so he can make a luck check?? Hyde can't, too scared!
Nov 15, 2023 4:17 pm
OOC:
I don’t think Aldar can survive even with a luck check. His HP max has been permanently reduced to -2 from losing his familiar.
Nov 15, 2023 4:30 pm
Sister Honey makes quick work of loading the chest, then Aldar’s body, then Kip’s body onto the cart. Then she wheels that load as fast as she can.
Nov 15, 2023 7:14 pm
OOC:
Honey, Zealot of the Lady in Blue, Transporter of Bodies, Pusher of the Holy Wheelbarrow
Nov 16, 2023 11:23 am
Honey loads up her sleeping companions and shoves the wheelbarrow with all of her might. The eyes fire more beams of energy at her, but whether by luck or the intervention of the gods, all of the rays miss her! The cleric rushes her precious cargo out of the massive chamber, even as the tentacled titan's thrashing causes the roof to cave in and collapse!

Apart from poor Aldar, you've managed to escape with your lives--and some treasure to boot! However, you're not out of danger yet. The walls of eyes begin to slip through the cracks in the rubble, glaring angrily at you...
OOC:
The eyes will continue to pursue you until you flee the dungeon complex entirely. But you can outpace them if you do nothing but run away! You won't have to roll any more dice to do so.

Rolls

Eye Rays - (d20+1, d20+1, d20+1, d20+1, d20+1)

d20+1 : (10) + 1 = 11

d20+1 : (10) + 1 = 11

d20+1 : (2) + 1 = 3

d20+1 : (8) + 1 = 9

Nov 16, 2023 2:42 pm
As Brother Tim regains consciousness, he discovers himself being pushed in a wheelbarrow, and to his surprise, it's none other than Sister Honey at the helm. "You!" he shouts, confusion evident. "What are you doing with me?"

Realizing the peril posed by the surrounding eyes, he swiftly jumps out of the wheelbarrow and makes a run for it, shouting, "We can continue this conversation outside!"
Nov 16, 2023 3:12 pm
Feeling the divine protection of the Lady in Blue, Sister Honey drives the WheelBarrow of Chaos with all her might until out of sight of the disembodied eyes 👀
Once cleared, she tries everything she knows to revive Aldar. Nothing works. She places two silver coins over his eyes, puts his Spellbook in his folded hands, and recites the rite of the dead and dying.
Then checks on Kip and offers healing. Than heals herself.
Finally, Honey investigates the contents of the chest.
OOC:
Anyone else? Do I roll or are we at adventure’s end?
Once Brother Tim calms down, the cleric of chaos addresses his confusion, "You may have me and my mission completely wrong. We aren’t evil or motivated by evil. We uphold the truth of chaos. Just as you and your men of the cloth uphold the laws you create. We clerics of chaos just see the world in a larger perspective. We see that your ’Law’ is manmade and therefore limited by time and imagination. We see that ultimately what is created by man will fail and entropy will claim all. We don’t make that happen. It is just happening. We are simply operating within the greater order of the world." She takes a long pause. "So, continue your oath, if you will. It may stave off despair for the short term, but despair is the eventual truth for us all."
Last edited November 16, 2023 3:27 pm
Nov 16, 2023 4:24 pm
Having regained his senses at some point during the group's flight from the temple, Hyde now listens to Honey's pitch and finds himself oddly compelled.

"That may be the most sense I've ever heard a priest make. Still though, the only reason I see to commit myself to any one "God" is to secure a place for my ghost after I die and what sort of place would a lady with heads tied to her belt keep? Not a particularly inviting one I'll wager..."

When the dwarf wakes up, Hyde returns her mirrored shield to her and then remembers the prize he miraculously claimed from the edge of the pit, the magic sword! He examines the blade and marvels at it's enchantment...
OOC:
What's my new sword do? :))
Nov 16, 2023 7:34 pm
Annoyed at the Sellsword’s obvious lack of comprehension as to the purpose of the severed heads, the chaos cleric entertains herself with the image of Hyde’s head hanging from the glorious waist of the Lady in Blue.
Nov 17, 2023 12:35 pm
Once safely outside the cave, you take stock of the treasure you managed to escape with. Those of you who survived the Cave of Secrets have become stronger for your ordeal!
OOC:
Aislynn's lockbox contains 40 gp, 20 sp, and 30 cp. Honey's treasure chest contains 160 gp, 40 sp, and 80 cp. The magic sword's hilt bears its name: Sparklefang. It gives +1 to hit and damage. It allows the wielder to detect vampires within 100', and when it strikes a vampire, the vampire must make a Fort save (DC = 1d20 + 10) or instantly die. The magic wand casts force manipulation once per day. It calls into being a tower shield-sized wall of force at a point within 25’. It exists for 2d6 rounds and grants a +4 AC bonus to adjacent characters. The wall cannot move from where it was called into existence but remains in exsitence if the caster moves out of range.

Everybody gains 1 Luck and is now level 2!

Rolls

Lockbox Contents - (d4, d4, d4, d100)

d4 : (4) = 4

d4 : (2) = 2

d4 : (3) = 3

d100 : (21) = 21

Chet Contents - (3d6, 2d8, 2d8, d100)

3d6 : (646) = 16

2d8 : (22) = 4

2d8 : (17) = 8

d100 : (86) = 86

Nov 18, 2023 1:00 am
Sister Honey takes Ultimak’s battleaxe off her back and hands it to Kip.
"Since you lost yours…"
OOC:
Brainiac, can you tell me about the three green gems that Honey pried from the skull?
Last edited November 18, 2023 1:03 am
Nov 18, 2023 9:30 pm
OOC:
Oh, yes, forgot about those! Each one is worth 200 gp. :D
Nov 19, 2023 8:30 am
Dmbrainiac says:
OOC:
Oh, yes, forgot about those! Each one is worth 200 gp. :D
Sweet! Honey will finance the building of a temple for the Lady in Blue. She will hire a sexton to look after the building and grounds. She will also recruit several new acolytes who will be charged with conversions.
Nov 19, 2023 12:53 pm
Kip sleepily shakes her head. She gratefully accepts the shield and battleaxe. Kip recounts each fight and scowls. She realizes that she is getting stronger but knows that she must improve. She turns to the sellsword and addresses him. You wield your weapons with such skill. I want to fight like you do. Would you practice with me... she winces ...when I've healed?
Nov 19, 2023 4:04 pm
Hyde considers the dwarf's request and then nods his head.

"Might take some getting used to, cuz of the height difference, but I'll find some sparing swords and we can work on your riposte."
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.