What Comes Next (OOC)

load previous
Jan 17, 2024 1:52 pm
At Level 2 you roll two Hit Dice, (plus extra Dice based on your CON, but that does not apply to you guys).
You keep 2 Dice at Level 2, so your max is 12, and an average of 7. One of the largest benefits of higher levels is that that average stabilises, so things are more reliable.

At Level 3 you will still be rolling 2 while being allowed to keep three, this is by design and I think is quite an elegant mechanic. At level 4 you can increase your CON (or any other Stat), but a high starting CON will always make for a healthier character (as it should:). The benefit of having healers with you, with their extra Hit Dies, increases at those levels.
You had a comfortable and leisurely trip here —accompanying the convalescing captain— and, we can say, were attended by the healer before you left.

What do you say we set HP to max at the start of this leg of your adventure?
Jan 17, 2024 6:05 pm
Oh I overlooked the fact that we get more max hp. Cool!
vagueGM says:
What do you say we set HP to max at the start of this leg of your adventure?
I'm not going to complain about that suggestion 😉
Jan 17, 2024 6:06 pm
It won't last. :(
Jan 17, 2024 6:08 pm
It can if you want it to 😂😂
But where would be the fun in that?
Jan 17, 2024 6:10 pm
The rules kinda say otherwise. :)
Jan 18, 2024 7:37 am
Airshark says:
(in RP)

''... 150 Silver for the 3 parcels ''

Roald's tone suggests he is expecting a counter offer.
OOC:
trying to get to 100. No idea what to ask for this job.
Sounds like a +CHA roll. Add it and we will see how he reacts.
Jan 18, 2024 10:20 am
Bit hesitant considering the results of my last rolls 😉
Jan 18, 2024 10:23 am
Great I double clicked....
I'll roll again let's say the last one counts
Jan 20, 2024 8:30 pm
vagueGM says:
(in RP) You told Humphrey 'tomorrow evening' [ref]. Is that the plan? Are you setting off in the evening? Or the morning after? Did you mean to say to meet 'tomorrow morning'?
I did mean evening, but wasn't planning on setting off then. Just meeting up to discuss the plan going forward. Based on what happens before that it might be different. But I think we're good to leave the next morning.
vagueGM says:
(in RP) Is it just Albert, Roald, and Daryl joining Humphrey tomorrow? There was implication that there may be more.
I'd like to go and talk to Theo still. Even if just to see what he's up to. He's in this city too, right?
Jan 20, 2024 8:37 pm
TheGenerator says:
... I think we're good to leave the next morning. ...
We can go whenever you want, these plans are not set in stone. Morning after your tomorrow evening meet is quite fine.

We don't need to define exactly when Roald's post-office visit happened, and so on. Unless things depend on each other we can see the scenes in any order.
TheGenerator says:
... I'd like to go and talk to Theo still. Even if just to see what he's up to. He's in this city too, right? ...
Theo is in the city, we can assume you know where. Set a scene with him if you want to talk to him (or anyone else).
Jan 22, 2024 8:32 am
The roll for the carrying sling, would it be +DEX to see how well it was tied together, +WIS to see how well crafted it is, or +CON to see if I can carry it conveniently?
Jan 22, 2024 2:26 pm
The roll would be for the journey, the carrying is only part of it. +CON makes the most sense, but we can decide once we set off and know the exact makeup of the party.
Jan 22, 2024 4:21 pm
I assume the problem with carrying the stuff is only inconvenient until we got our cart, right?
Jan 22, 2024 5:56 pm
Correct. This is just about getting to the carriage, so, presumably, just about the first day's travel. Then we take it from there.
Jan 31, 2024 6:15 am
Sorry, been busy and forgot to post

Will do so this evening or tomorrow.
Jan 31, 2024 6:22 am
No worries. If you need to post about what happened before the lunch-break, we can incorporate it into the narrative easily enough.
Feb 1, 2024 9:07 am
Airshark says:
(in RP) Carrying the heavy box.
Umpf+con - (2d6)
(2,1) = 3
Did we run out of oomph? :)

It is just a heavyish box. Do you have ideas for what happens due to your 3?
These could range from simply going slower than you planned —maybe due to slow walking, or constant stopping to change who is carrying?— through stumbling and falling and risking damage to the package, or anything in between or something else completely.

If you want me to make something unexpected happen as a result, just ask. :)
Feb 1, 2024 9:09 am
Still writing, I was thinking of giving Daryl the box. since he as armour.
Feb 1, 2024 9:14 am
Take you time.

The box is in a pack, so I don't think armour will make a difference... except that he is already carrying that extra weight.

I was thinking the armour might make a difference with Albert's big box as the armour could stop the corners from digging in and the rope from chafing. That one is not heavy, just awkward, but Albert has it under control. :)
Feb 1, 2024 9:17 am
I narrated it in a way that the weight combined with sharp edges makes it impossible to transport. Maybe now someone can suggest that Daryl switches backpacks?

If you don't like it that way I can change the story.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.