What Comes Next (OOC)

load previous
Feb 6, 2024 7:41 pm
I'm wondering if we are pressed for time somehow. Only thing I can think of is the lodging cost that will accumulate if the journey takes longer.
Feb 7, 2024 4:37 am
This journey will take weeks both ways [ambiguous], and who knows how long you will need at Necustle to find your way around and get answers.

You are either spending the night here, or spending the night at Olmsford (or camping?) which probably means some silver spent no matter what.

In the end it will cost you what it costs and take as long as it takes. What would your character do?
Feb 7, 2024 6:17 am
Just as a reminder, there is a 3 on player Move and a 2 on a Die of Fate relating to completing this journey. This choice defines how both are resolved. :)
Feb 7, 2024 2:30 pm
Yes you're right. With everyone struggling carying there package the logical thing to do would be to spend the night at the inn.
Feb 7, 2024 2:51 pm
Took that into account in my post :)
Feb 23, 2024 10:24 am
Am I now in the room with Roald?
Or how do I get Albert in Roald's scene?
Feb 23, 2024 11:13 am
We can assume Roald's scenes took a lot longer than yours. He 'slept' and then 'contemplated for half an hour' while you 'shared a brief bit of conversation'. We can assume you are in bed when this happens.

It might be late at night, or Roald's tracking of time might be off and it might right after Albert came to bed.

You guys can decide between yourselves who is in which of the two rooms. Are the two PCs in one and all three NPCs in the other? Are the four of you in one and Humphrey in the luxury room on is own (he did make the arrangement:)? Some other split?

Unless you want to define it and have had Albert check/watched him leave, I left what Wayne did ambiguous.
Feb 26, 2024 1:00 pm
Not sure if you want me to make something up that is producing the sound, or that you have something in mind.

I would put somekind of critter on Daryl's bed. something nasty, fast, annoying,... but not big or strong. Gremlin-like.
Feb 26, 2024 1:42 pm
Airshark says:
Not sure if you want me to make something up that is producing the sound, or that you have something in mind.
I have a nebulous idea of what is happening, but nothing concrete. If you have something that you think would be interesting, you are always welcome to introduce it.
Airshark says:
... something nasty, fast, annoying,... but not big or strong. ...
That is sounds like where I was going with this. Definitely not an Ogre. :)
Feb 26, 2024 2:44 pm
It's not clear to me at this point if it's an illusion in Roald's head or real things happening in the room. That's why I hesitated to actually go in.
Feb 26, 2024 2:45 pm
vagueGM says:

[ooc]@Airshark: Does 'almost shouts' means you almost make a sound, or the sound is almost a shout? Would Albert, listening at your door, hear and come in to check?

He is speaking out loud, nearly shouting because of the surprise.
Feb 26, 2024 2:46 pm
Airshark says:
vagueGM says:

[ooc]@Airshark: Does 'almost shouts' means you almost make a sound, or the sound is almost a shout? Would Albert, listening at your door, hear and come in to check?
He is speaking out loud, nearly shouting because of the surprise.
Ah, I also read it as <he manages to stop himself from shouting> as in, no sound at all :D
Feb 26, 2024 2:49 pm
TheGenerator says:
It's not clear to me at this point if it's an illusion in Roald's head or real things happening in the room. That's why I hesitated to actually go in.
Yeah, it was a bit dreamlike. But Roald has just shouted out loud [ref], so something is happening in the real world, and you have an excuse to go in.
TheGenerator says:
... Ah, I also read it as <he manages to stop himself from shouting> as in, no sound at all :D
All language is ambiguous. :)
Mar 4, 2024 6:01 pm
I thought we did because of your comment
vagueGM says:
The mist-flow slows and appears to stop after Roald stuffs the crack with blanket. The floor is still covered with the faintly glowing substance.

Outside the room, away from the moonlight coming in through the window, it is hard to see the mist in the dark.
OOC:
The mist is only visible if you take a moment to light a candle from the bedside table. Else ignore that part of the description. :)

Moving with a lit candle is slow.
In Albert's room, Theo and Humphrey are still sleeping peacefully, oblivious to the mist floating around the legs of their beds at ankle height. It appears you stopped the inflow of mist before it reached a level, heavy as it is, to climb their beds.

What do you do?
Mar 4, 2024 6:35 pm
I guess we didn't explicitly do it 🤔
Albert was busy with Daryl, so he didn't yet. But maybe Roald had a quick peek?
Mar 4, 2024 8:47 pm
Airshark says:
I don't dictate your characters actions, but I did describe what you could have discovered if your characters had taken certain actions, with options about more you could have seen if you had lit a candle, for instance. If you did not go nextdoor, then your characters don't know how Theo is doing, but the players do know that there was no immediate danger to those in that room (allowing you to better decide what you want your characters to do).

But then Roald continued to talk to Albert and Daryl in the broken-window room, and there was no mention of what was done with Theo, so I am following up now.
Mar 4, 2024 10:23 pm
vagueGM says:
but I did describe what you could have discovered if your characters had taken certain actions
I think they might still apply in the near future. Albert just wanted to check for injuries first.
Mar 5, 2024 3:21 pm
vagueGM says:
Airshark says:
I don't dictate your characters actions,

But then Roald continued to talk to Albert and Daryl in the broken-window room, and there was no mention of what was done with Theo, so I am following up now.
OK, in that case nobody checked on the others. But it would be logical to do so before waking up the owners.
Mar 12, 2024 2:42 am
@GameMaster: I assume you are still wanting Gronk to be brought in as a special consultant on mist and weather effects?

When the others are done with rescuing the innkeepers [ref] we can skip to morning and come get you.
We may have another character incoming, but we can deal with that when they are ready to play.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.