Thunder_Lungz / Grinfletch

load previous
Feb 11, 2024 12:24 pm
Good advice! Much appreciated!
Feb 28, 2024 10:48 pm
Happy to migrate
May 4, 2024 12:33 am
Questions for the GMs:

- What kinds of minor illusions are we talking about with the Belt of Trickery? Like the cantrip minor illusion from DND?

- from the first haul of crystals we got way back during the spider cave thing, there was a splitting up of all the crystal bits and I have some of the really small ones: "12.75x lbs of small 1/16" crystal fragments." What can I do with that? Is it worth anything? I had written down that: "On their own they are as useful as a lump of unforged mithril."

- Also, what does the Blessed Mask look like? And the Belt of Trickery. Should I just make that up?
Last edited May 4, 2024 12:44 am
May 4, 2024 12:46 am
About like dnd yes. Illusions of tiny objects and sounds.

The crystal fragments are like diamond dust. Used in crafting magic items. Still out of is out on rituals

You can make up the appearance
May 4, 2024 12:57 am
Okay great. So like diamond dust for the crystal fragments - should I price them like that too? Would Valpip buy it?

So minor illusion images can only be tiny objects. What about duration and range? And do folks need to make an INT check to determine they are fake? Here is the cantrip description I’m referencing.

Minor Illusion
Source: Player's Handbook

Illusion cantrip

Casting Time: 1 action
Range: 30 feet
Components: S, M (a bit of fleece)
Duration: 1 minute

You create a sound or an image of an object within range that lasts for the duration. The illusion also ends if you dismiss it as an action or cast this spell again.

If you create a sound, its volume can range from a whisper to a scream. It can be your voice, someone else’s voice, a lion’s roar, a beating of drums, or any other sound you choose. The sound continues unabated throughout the duration, or you can make discrete sounds at different times before the spell ends.

If you create an image of an object—such as a chair, muddy footprints, or a small chest—it must be no larger than a 5-foot cube 1-foot cube?. The image can’t create sound, light, smell, or any other sensory effect. Physical interaction with the image reveals it to be an illusion, because things can pass through it.

If a creature uses its action to examine the sound or image, the creature can determine that it is an illusion with a successful Intelligence (Investigation) check against your spell save DC. If a creature discerns the illusion for what it is, the illusion becomes faint to the creature.
Last edited May 4, 2024 12:58 am
May 4, 2024 1:22 am
All minor magic are instantaneous or have a duration of 1 round. So if you want it to persist you must use 1 action each round to maintain it. Range is close, so 25'.
A save or standard test will reveal the illusion. But only if they're is a reason to try
May 4, 2024 1:29 am
Thanks! I’ll add that to the description in my inventory.

Also, I found this about ore in Dungeon of the Mad Mage
Page 35: mithral ore chunks, worth 25 gp at 10 lb. each (1 lb. = 25 sp)

Does that sound reasonable? Can I sell that to Valpip/Fiznik? It would come to 31.88GP for 12.75lbs of crystal bits.
May 4, 2024 1:54 am
Yeah that sounds fine
May 16, 2024 11:19 am
Putting this here so I don’t forget about it.

Traits to take:
-Weapon Specialization (Crossbow)
-Martial Savant (Ranged)

Actually, question for GM: is Weapon Specialization a prestige trait? I’ve got a lot of saving up XP in that case.
May 16, 2024 12:25 pm
Weapon specialization is a regular trait
May 16, 2024 12:39 pm
Cool, thanks! It makes sense for me to go with weapon specialization, right? If every shot of mine is at focus and I have marksman too, then every shot is a hit at 3+. Then I get two 3d6 attacks per turn that hit on 3+. My only challenge is close range fighting.
May 16, 2024 1:01 pm
What, being awsome at 1 thing sint enough for you?!? Just don't let them get close :P
May 16, 2024 1:07 pm
:D
True! And he has some evading capacity and a little whip!
May 16, 2024 1:10 pm
It's not the size, or the fact it is limp, it's how you use it

You do not have permission to post in this thread.