Hoi hoi

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jan 27, 2024 9:48 am
Like many people, I fell down the TTRPG hole back in 2020. I was lucky enough to find a stable online group, and we've run through some really fun adventures and a bunch of different systems since then. We began – fairly predictably, I guess – with D&D and are now just finishing up a Blades in the Dark campaign.

We sometimes run oneshots if some of our group is unavailable on game night, and I find trying out new games to be such a joy. I recently ran through the Call of Cthulu Starter Set, and am currently eyeing up Mothership and/or Death in Space.

I had seen the phrase 'play-by-post' mentioned a bunch over the years, and finally got around to actually looking into it properly this morning. Massive shoutout to RPG Sean's interview with Harrigan over on YouTube for explaining the basics in such a clear way. PbP seems to be a great way to try out some new games in a more accessible format, and this community looks like a welcoming place to try it out!
Jan 27, 2024 9:54 am
Hello and welcome
Jan 27, 2024 10:51 am
Welcome Aboard!

GamersPlane has a really great and welcoming community behind it. Lots of different game systems and genres get started here pretty frequently. Hopefully you'll find something that tickles your interests.
Jan 27, 2024 11:12 am
Welcome! I run a call of Cthulhu newbie one shot game every month or so , so keep an eye on the Tavern if that might interest you
Jan 27, 2024 12:10 pm
Welcome to our home!
Jan 27, 2024 12:21 pm
witchdoctor says:
Welcome Aboard!

GamersPlane has a really great and welcoming community behind it. Lots of different game systems and genres get started here pretty frequently. Hopefully you'll find something that tickles your interests.
Thanks! There is a really great range of games going on -- it's great to see.
Knifesedgegames says:
Welcome! I run a call of Cthulhu newbie one shot game every month or so , so keep an eye on the Tavern if that might interest you
Nice! I'll keep an eye out.
Jan 27, 2024 12:35 pm
Greetings and Salutations!
Jan 27, 2024 2:59 pm
Welcome, onceandfuture!

If you want to see how GP functions, here are links to the New GP Member Guide, the forum rules, this video introduction made by user Qralloq and a little helpful formatting guide made by user Adam. You might also be interested in looking through some public games as well to get a feel for the site.
If you have any questions about how to use the site, you can put them into our Questions and Help subforum.

To join a game, keep your eyes on the Games Tavern, where GMs advertise their games and look for players.

You're also invited to join us on the Discord server for some friendly conversation, about the site, RPGs in general or anything else!

If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to contact any of the following moderators:

bowlofspinach
CancerMan
Dramasailor
Naatkinson
Qralloq
Keleth (site owner)

Happy gaming!
Jan 27, 2024 3:04 pm
Welcome to GP, onceandfuture!
Jan 27, 2024 4:12 pm
Welcome!
Jan 27, 2024 5:14 pm
Welcome, onceandfuture.

I confess to having the TH White novel to which your handle may pay homage, but have not yet read it despite being a long time Arthurophile.
Jan 27, 2024 5:48 pm
Qralloq says:
Welcome, onceandfuture.

I confess to having the TH White novel to which your handle may pay homage, but have not yet read it despite being a long time Arthurophile.
I do that with books I know I'll enjoy, too. But not to worry -- it will be perfectly suited for the exact moment you decide to pick it up.
Jan 27, 2024 6:10 pm
I find that a really beautiful way to think about a book, @onceandfuture - and having read it myself once, it was definitely like that for me. I remember so well the joy and play and fascination that it begins with... and, yeah, how very much and very powerfully it changes as the trilogy moves on...
Jan 27, 2024 11:02 pm
That's really nice to hear. It's been a while for me now, too. I should read it again!
Jan 28, 2024 1:02 am
Welcome to gamersplane.com!
[ +- ] Tiny Invitation
Jan 28, 2024 1:29 am
Welcome to GP!
Jan 28, 2024 2:20 am
Welcome! PbP is certainly a great alternative if you can't find enough f2f opportunities!

Len

Jan 28, 2024 3:13 am
Welcome!
Jan 28, 2024 5:18 am
Welcome to the GP community, onceandfuture! Glad you found your way over here, it really is a fantastic place to play PbP games. And those games -- 5e, CoC, Blades, Death in Space, Mothership... they all get played here!
Jan 28, 2024 3:46 pm
Thanks, all!
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.