Lightning in a Bottle (OOC)

Mar 13, 2024 12:28 pm
Out of character chatter about Lightning in a Bottle can go here to avoid cluttering up the Roleplay thread.
OOC:
Use the OOC tag in your posts in the Roleplay thread to clarify what is happening or suggest moves.
This is for longer questions and answers related to that Roleplay, general rules questions not answered in the Help! thread can go in General.

Add a link back to the post in question so we can have context. After posting you can right-click on the orange header and select 'copy link address' (or whatever your browser calls it), then paste that in your OOC post.
Mar 13, 2024 1:39 pm
Can we leave Daryl with Humphrey for a while to keep an eye on him? We can also leave the packages there then
Mar 13, 2024 1:44 pm
Sure. Was it hard to persuade him to stay behind?
Mar 13, 2024 3:49 pm
I think Daryl would have preferred to come with, but understands the assignment. And it would only be for a few hours. (If we don't get side-tracked. But that never happens to us. Oooh, look, a squirrel!)
Mar 14, 2024 3:17 am
Given how much money it is worth (in his terms), he understands the need. Hopefully he does not get distra...
Mar 14, 2024 3:21 pm
@GameMaster: I'm confused? [ref] Are you not at the inn as we thought?
vagueGM says:
... Where do we find Gronk? At Olmsford?
GameMaster says:
Yes that sounds good. I'm sure I got a room at the local inn. [ref]
If you are out in the field, in your tent, how will the others ever find you?
Maybe you are also returning to restock and can run into them on their way to, or at, the inn? Or does someone know where you are so they others can be sent out to find you?
Mar 14, 2024 3:30 pm
Oh, I thought you were saying I was supposed to be away. I will edit the post to put myself at the inn, that should be easy to do. My bad.
Mar 14, 2024 3:32 pm
That should fix it- let me know if I need to change anything else. Hopefully that was fast enough that no one else noticed!
Mar 14, 2024 5:04 pm
No worries. That works.
Mar 19, 2024 6:54 pm
@GameMaster, given that there are no visible or physical wounds [ref], we can assume you got [ref] a tiny, superficial skin-scrapping? Or did you draw blood and get a more substantial sample?
Mar 22, 2024 2:52 pm
I think I just wanted a skin scraping since drawing blood would be much more invasive and skin should be enough to study the mist beasts. Maybe it contains a trace of their saliva, or their mouth bacteria?
Mar 22, 2024 3:19 pm
GameMaster says:
... Maybe it contains a trace of their saliva, or their mouth bacteria? ...
Probably nothing physical, since that was last night and it is now mid-morning or later, and possibly Roald washed his face since then?

When you get round to showing us what you do with the sample we can work out the details of what your character would have thought was appropriate to take while being quick and not drawing blood (as we saw). Maybe another sample from a un-scratched area to compare to, or something.
Mar 22, 2024 3:21 pm
GameMaster says:
(in RP)... Gronk briefly consults one of his books. ...
Where are these 'books' from? Technically you only have the gear listed on your sheet, but we can work something out if needed. Maybe they are on loan? With some favour owed as payment? Borrowed books makes some sense, especially since you probably are not taking such valuable items with you adventuring (not on your sheet) (or, if you do, the owner may be upset and take action:).

Or are they books (notes) you wrote yourself? Then it would fall under Tools for Pen and Ink, and Adventuring Gear for Parchment. Can you pay for those? Else we can arrange another loan.
GameMaster says:
(in RP)... "Odd. It says here that most who encounter the beasts ...
If these are not book that you wrote on the topic, then that tells use that this mist phenomenon is well-known enough for people to have written about it. That says something significant about the world, and may change how we deal with it.
Mar 22, 2024 3:21 pm
OK. Let's try skip forward to meeting tonight and going out there, that way we can get Ezmaray into play as well.
Mar 22, 2024 9:33 pm
Sounds great. Do you handle cuts like that? Or do I need to do something?
Last edited March 22, 2024 9:33 pm
Mar 23, 2024 11:50 am
GameMaster says:
Sounds great. Do you handle cuts like that? Or do I need to do something?
Presumably Gronk sleeps. But you can tell us about any preparations you did when we meet up with the others.

Does that answer your question?
Mar 24, 2024 1:36 pm
I'm okay just sleeping.
Mar 25, 2024 12:38 pm
Gronk sounds kinda bossy, is that intentional?
I mean, after the 'no warning skin scrape ' and the ' come back in 5 hours' Roald will not keep letting it slide 😉
Mar 25, 2024 12:55 pm
It could be a bad start to the relationship, but we, the players, know it will improve as the characters get to know each other.

GameMaster: If it was your intention for Gronk to come across a bit rude at the start then Roald can react in character and get angry. If it was not your intention and you did not perceive Gronk's action as being rude or overly bossy, then we can adjust reactions to how it was meant to come across.

Gronk has fairly good charisma, but that does not necessarily mean he is actually good with people one on one. Maybe he is mainly a stage performer and only interacts with 'fans' or underlings who he can bully? We can teach him some respect if we need to. :)
Mar 25, 2024 1:09 pm
You guys are welcome to drive this meeting [ref]. You can hear each other if you want, or you can sign for a bit, or you can find the path to get together (Ezmaray know how to get up and down to the river, though maybe not to the bridge if you don't want that), or whatever ...

... or you can misunderstand each other and I can throw a threat at you that makes you need get and work together.

If we want me to drive things, just say and I will do so.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.